PDA

View Full Version : Convincing someone sugar isn't the devil

C29i
01-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Long story short friend is cutting, used to eat bread all the time and other carbs with surgar sources and now he is so scared of the sugar in whole wheat bread he won't even eat it.

Obviously he can do what he wants but I feel obligated to educate him on the subject so he isn't cutting out foods he likes, his diet is literally rice and chicken 24/7.

WonderPug
01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
He'll eat rice but not bread?

Get a new friend.

angryguywalking
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
He can't be afraid of sugar if he's dead.....

Just sayin'.

C29i
01-14-2011, 10:53 AM
He'll eat rice but not bread?

Get a new friend.

Yea, he also thinks eating high fat foods like nuts burn more body fat. Its pretty bad.

lee__d
01-14-2011, 10:54 AM
put it in holy water and when it doesnt dissolve...oh wait.

psychodiver9
01-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Long story short friend is cutting, used to eat bread all the time and other carbs with surgar sources and now he is so scared of the sugar in whole wheat bread he won't even eat it.

Obviously he can do what he wants but I feel obligated to educate him on the subject so he isn't cutting out foods he likes, his diet is literally rice and chicken 24/7.
Sugar is the devil. Its in the bible

WonderPug
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Yea, he also thinks eating high fat foods like nuts burn more body fat. Its pretty bad.

All joking aside, lots of people believe this. There's even a subforum here for it. Really. Keto. Embrace your inner fat.

MikeK46
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
All joking aside, lots of people believe this. There's even a subforum here for it. Really. Keto. Embrace your inner fat.

The whole of keto doesn't, only the misinformed. There are plenty of keto dieters who know their stuff.

OP, the easiest way is to just ask him why he thinks its the devil and prove him wrong.

Worst comes to worst...he's not hurting himself eating chicken and rice all day.

YunGunna40oz
01-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Sugar raped and killed my family. I'm assuming your talking about the pimp on Freemont Ave.

YunGunna40oz
01-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Sugar is the devil. Its in the bible

neg

iversonmourning
01-14-2011, 12:24 PM

Keto works if you aren't also high in carbs as well as fat lol. I

BookMonkey
01-14-2011, 12:30 PM
Beat him with a bag of bread, then with a bag of rice. Then ask him which one hurts more.

nathan183
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM

If he was refusing to eat fat, or doing something else that was dangerous, I might try to educate him, but there's nothing wrong with what he's doing. I'd probably try to explain it to him once, and then drop it.

Lecturing people regarding diet tends to make them resent you. Not worth it.

OG925
01-14-2011, 01:24 PM
let hime eat rice and eat sugar in front of him, and keep making remarks like "this is sooo good", "i love sugar", until he gets mad enough to try some

foodandfitness
01-14-2011, 01:29 PM
let hime eat rice and eat sugar in front of him, and keep making remarks like "this is sooo good", "i love sugar", until he gets mad enough to try some

^ This.

Like most people, he will eventually buckle from this extremism toward his diet. Just laugh and enjoy your food. He'll eventually come around.