PDA

View Full Version : People who have supported us...

ZFour89
01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
The only reason I am making this post is because of how lucky I am to have the family that I do. I've read many posts on this website and in many of them people complain about the nay-sayers in their life. The other day my mother came into my room and made a joke that was something along the lines of "you're face is too thin! You're starving yourself you obsessed anorexic!" Me and her shared a good long laugh. It is a big change in this household since I got clean and joined the marine corps. and I truly could not have done it without them, especially the fitness aspect (my mom is even dieting along side me).

This post is for all the people in our lives who support us when everyone else has no hope or just lost it long ago.

Anyone else have any stories or people they'd like to mention? Id love to hear about them.

psychodiver9
01-14-2011, 09:19 AM
The only reason I am making this post is because of how lucky I am to have the family that I do. I've read many posts on this website and in many of them people complain about the nay-sayers in their life. The other day my mother came into my room and made a joke that was something along the lines of "you're face is too thin! You're starving yourself you obsessed anorexic!" Me and her shared a good long laugh. It is a big change in this household since I got clean and joined the marine corps. and I truly could not have done it without them, especially the fitness aspect (my mom is even dieting along side me).

This post is for all the people in our lives who support us when everyone else has no hope or just lost it long ago.

Anyone else have any stories or people they'd like to mention? Id love to hear about them.
Awesome man. Glad to hear people being thankful. My brother and wife have been huge supports for me. My bro lost 100lbs after HS and he's been a motivation. About the comments your mom makes. Sounds like you don't mind it but personally I hate negatively phrased comments like that. My mother-in-law says things like "you are disappearing" etc. While I know she means it in a positive way it bugs me.

phoenixr2
01-14-2011, 10:02 AM
most people started off hating and ragging on me because I was too "obsessed" with nutrition or my work outs. now most compliment and support me, and my favorite is when they come back and say, wow you really know whats going on, can you help me?

My mom, although has shown worry has always supported me no matter what. The one person in my life who has always supported everything I have done and been there no matter what. I am blessed and love my family, even when they dont support me.