PDA

View Full Version : dont hit marcos

riaden
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
say if you dont hit your marcos for the day! do you just make up for it the next day?
main reason is that when i have rests days, or just dont feel hungry i miss a meal and dont make up for it later. i know its a bad, but its an ED problem i have. which im doing my best to overcome!
just seeing the negative effects thats all. my cal intake for rests days is 2250 and workout days is 2550. but i dont even think i have hit that yet.
hopefully i can get someones imput would be great. only serious response please! thanks

determined4000
01-13-2011, 08:46 PM
If you miss a meal your best option would be to have a calorie dense meal to make up for the calories (pb nuts oats, whey, etc.) It is fine to eat a large # of calories later on.

But if you can't, yes I would try to make up for it the next day. If you missed 500 calories and eat 5 meals a day, add 100 to each meal. Easy (physically).

BrennanHockey
01-13-2011, 09:55 PM
In for this answer. I have heard that it's better to just get back on track and take in normal macros the next day if you mess them up one day. It's an interesting little topic.

BookMonkey
01-13-2011, 10:48 PM
The reason most people would say just get back on track and don't worry about it is because when people hear that they can just make it up the next day, it leads down an idiotic road. The road being "How many calories can you make up for on the next day?" Miss 500 today, eat 500 more tomorrow? Miss 1000 today, eat 1000 more tomorrow or 500 more over the next two days? What if I just starve today and eat 4000 calories tomorrow? It goes on and on.

Best bet would be to get back on track. Think of it as a reverse cheat. You never really hear people advising people who binge to starve themselves the next day.

determined4000
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Best bet would be to get back on track. Think of it as a reverse cheat. You never really hear people advising people who binge to starve themselves the next day.

Except for some1 with an ED this could become cyclical and the calories never end up being made up for.

almightyares
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, you are UNDER your calories and asking that? LOL I could so easily go over my calories every day, I have to watch so I dont go over.

But in reverse, when I eat too much, I just go on the next day like usual. I dont try to make up for it by reducing calories, because I went down that road before and it wasnt fun. I would not eat all the next day, and then at night I would eat junk. Wasnt working out.

riaden
01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
The reason most people would say just get back on track and don't worry about it is because when people hear that they can just make it up the next day, it leads down an idiotic road. The road being "How many calories can you make up for on the next day?" Miss 500 today, eat 500 more tomorrow? Miss 1000 today, eat 1000 more tomorrow or 500 more over the next two days? What if I just starve today and eat 4000 calories tomorrow? It goes on and on.

see the problem is i dont have cheat foods. i find it hard enough just eating normaly. but i understand where your coming from.

Except for some1 with an ED this could become cyclical and the calories never end up being made up for.

thats what im afriad of. see ive basically had a real crap day of eating today, and im down about 500cals. dont ask me why, just i have no idea whats happening with me.

i think because i dont train as hard or rest ect i dont need the minuim cals that my body needs.
i need some help! get me back on track!

ironryan1234
01-13-2011, 11:35 PM

^^this makes perfect sense. ur over thinking beyond where its helpful, either eat more at a later meal, or get back on track the following day, dont sweat it brah.

determined4000
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
thats what im afriad of. see ive basically had a real crap day of eating today, and im down about 500cals. dont ask me why, just i have no idea whats happening with me.

i think because i dont train as hard or rest ect i dont need the minuim cals that my body needs.
i need some help! get me back on track!

500 CALORIES
You can do it!
How bad do you want it?
What bad will come if you eat it?
What are your goals? Is not eating it helping or hurting you reach those goals?

SquattersRights
01-14-2011, 12:01 AM
its definately better for anabolic results to break up caloric intake evenly, especially for protein intake. however if you have to miss a meal for whatever reason just make up for it. you may not be fully optimized at every moment of every day, but most people arent anyway, and its not like its 100% necessary to be.

riaden
01-14-2011, 12:16 AM
^^this makes perfect sense. ur over thinking beyond where its helpful, either eat more at a later meal, or get back on track the following day, dont sweat it brah.

yea trying not too over thinking it!

500 CALORIES
You can do it!
How bad do you want it?
What bad will come if you eat it?
What are your goals? Is not eating it helping or hurting you reach those goals?

i want it real bad. but something in my head is telling me its ok.
my goals are to get back to running, and be healthy again.

its just so fu%king hard sometimes when your mind takes over! and you try your best but it just dosenty happen!

my mum just cooked dinner then, which i ate, but it was about half the cals i thought it would be, now im even further behind. its not like i dont want to eat. somthing in my head is fu%king me up! i guess if you got an ED you can unstand, im not expecting people to understand the mindset i have!

determined4000
01-14-2011, 12:21 AM
yea trying not too over thinking it!

i want it real bad. but something in my head is telling me its ok.
my goals are to get back to running, and be healthy again.

its just so fu%king hard sometimes when your mind takes over! and you try your best but it just dosenty happen!

my mum just cooked dinner then, which i ate, but it was about half the cals i thought it would be, now im even further behind. its not like i dont want to eat. somthing in my head is fu%king me up! i guess if you got an ED you can unstand, im not expecting people to understand the mindset i have!

you are an endurance athlete
Lance Armstrong ate 8-9,000 cals during the Tour De France every day
Do you think he sat down at night and said thats too many in a short time
Or did he fuel up cuz he knew he needed them tomorrow?

riaden
01-14-2011, 12:54 AM
he fueled up!
thanks i just made this :)
egg omlette with cheese and tomatoes

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/4pac_01/DSCN2656.jpg

ironryan1234
01-14-2011, 01:51 AM
he fueled up!
thanks i just made this :)
egg omlette with cheese and tomatoes

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/4pac_01/DSCN2656.jpg

yum looks wicked bro. wat herbs is that, oregano?

BookMonkey
01-14-2011, 01:58 AM
see the problem is i dont have cheat foods. i find it hard enough just eating normaly. but i understand where your coming from.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying to cheat tomorrow because you fell behind on your calories today. I'm saying falling behind your calories is like the opposite of a cheat.

Either way, for something as meager as 500 calories, you can make it up tomorrow. Just don't do this often...

riaden
01-14-2011, 03:16 AM
no woorys!
yea mate oregano try it :)

bennettj
01-14-2011, 06:08 AM
What's a "marco?"

WonderPug
01-14-2011, 06:12 AM
^ It's America's fastest growing pizza chain. I'm serious. Google it.

bennettj
01-14-2011, 07:23 AM
^ It's America's fastest growing pizza chain. I'm serious. Google it.

http://marcos.com/pizza-menu

The meat supremo looks outstanding. Gotta get me one of those.