PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez The Most Underachieving QB in Football Ever???

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
BRB posting a 75 QB rating with

2 good running backs
a great offensive line
2 great outside receiving threats
a great receiving tight end
a great defense (less pressure to score)

it's been a while since I saw a quarterback do so little with so much. He's the anti peyton manning

austin.j.taylor
01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
He reminds me of Trent dilfer. All the tools, just applied poorly

PatrickBateman1
01-11-2011, 05:16 PM
It's not underachieving if he just plain sucks.

floppyflaps
01-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Dilfer didn't have any real receivers to work with in Tampa though. They were all short and couldn't beat the jam, so timing routes rarely worked. He did a decent job for what he had. Had a ton of offensive coordinator turnover too.

DollarAndADream
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
he's 24 years old

OP how old are you and what are you doing with your life?

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Dilfer didn't have any real receivers to work with in Tampa though. They were all short and couldn't beat the jam, so timing routes rarely worked. He did a decent job for what he had. Had a ton of offensive coordinator turnover too.

yep

guys like Santonio Holmes and Braylon edwards would have about 1200 yards each playing with a good QB

WhiskeyBent3
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Dilfer has been voted and said to be the all time worst QB to win a super bowl

_Translucency
01-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Dilfer has been voted and said to be the all time worst QB to win a super bowl

He'd probably agree with you and then politely ask you to kiss the ring. He trolled the whole NFL - good for him.

aeneas26
01-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Sanchez is young and did not have a lot of experience when he entered the league. That is why Carrol had that press conference blasting Sanchez after he declared. So he is bound to improve some if he works at his craft.

With that said, I do not think he will ever be very good. I am not impressed with his accuracy or his arm strength. All in all, I think he will end up being a very average qb.

tyqb4
01-11-2011, 06:00 PM
their o-coordinator deserves most of the blame. he's horrible. sanchez could/should/would be good if they just let him loose instead of trying to shelter him.

PatsWinTheSB
01-11-2011, 06:02 PM
their o-coordinator deserves most of the blame. he's horrible. sanchez could/should/would be good if they just let him loose instead of trying to shelter him.

ya its the o-coordinator's fault sanchez completes about 50% of his throw

*bertstare*

ChuteBoxeFC
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Underachieving?

He's been in the league 2 years. Give him some time to develop....and a new Offensive Coordinator. Brian Shottenheimer has no idea what he's doing.

Joe145
01-11-2011, 06:04 PM
he's 24 years old

How many QBs 24 and under can you count that you(if your a jets fan)?

Stafford
Tebow
Freeman
I could list a lot more.

tyqb4
01-11-2011, 06:12 PM
ya its the o-coordinator's fault sanchez completes about 50% of his throw

*bertstare*
oh yea my bad i forgot throwing on 3rd and long after two failed run plays sets you up for success just as well as a play action pass on first or second down.

*bertstare*

How many QBs 24 and under can you count that you(if your a jets fan)?

Stafford
Tebow
Freeman
I could list a lot more.

those guys are not sheltered like sanchez. they are on teams where there are no expectations winning wise and every mistake they make is not dissected. young qbs are gonna do some stupid things and have some bad games. those guys are free to get it out of their system and move on while sanchez/jets organization is expected to win right away.

lostinthesouthh
01-11-2011, 06:20 PM
he's 24 years old

When people resort to this you know they are mad as hell

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101004103560/spore/images/d/da/Trolled_hard.jpg

GMan35
01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
If he was on a sh*tty team like the Panthers or Bills...he would be the next Joey Harrington....

He still sucks.....

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM
oh yea my bad i forgot throwing on 3rd and long after two failed run plays sets you up for success just as well as a play action pass on first or second down.

the jets have one of the best run game and offensive lines in the entire NFL

give me a fukking break here!!!

jay cutler had one of the worst offensive lines and running games in football this year with a bunch of average receivers and still had an 86 QB rating compared to 75 for sanchez

Joe145
01-11-2011, 06:51 PM

*bertstare*

those guys are not sheltered like sanchez. they are on teams where there are no expectations winning wise and every mistake they make is not dissected. young qbs are gonna do some stupid things and have some bad games. those guys are free to get it out of their system and move on while sanchez/jets organization is expected to win right away.

He's expected to win. But, how much does he need to do to win? Maybe throw 20-25 passes a game, he could still be sheltered and still win. Look at TB in 01, not that many differences believe it or not.

*Enters bertstare contest*

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
He's expected to win. But, how much does he need to do to win? Maybe throw 20-25 passes a game.

*Enters bertstare contest*

ben roethlisberger was in the same position as sanchez in his first 2 seasons in the league and he posted a 98 QB rating in both years compared to 70s for sanchez

GMan35
01-11-2011, 06:57 PM

What are you talking about? No expectations of winning? Tampa Bay's coach came out before the season even started and said his goal was to get the Bucs at 10 wins by the end of the regular season....THat has expectations doesn't it? In fact, every team has expecatations of winning...Jesus this is a stupid post.....

What are you talking about they are "free to get it out of their system"??? Freeman had 25 TDs and ONLY 6 Ints...He doesn't make many mistakes unlike your boy Sanchez WHO IS THE MAIN REASON THE JETS LOSE GAMES.....Sanchez is a Joey Harrington clone on a all-pro team...Pro bowl Oline, two great RBs, great recieving core...and he still can't get over an 80+ QB rating.

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 07:03 PM
He doesn't make many mistakes unlike your boy Sanchez WHO IS THE MAIN REASON THE JETS LOSE GAMES.....Sanchez is a Joey Harrington clone on a all-pro team...Pro bowl Oline, two great RBs, great recieving core...and he still can't get over an 80+ QB rating.

this

don't forget a great defense as well

FlyinTurdNugget
01-11-2011, 07:23 PM
It's amazing how anyone can defend Sanchez and say he's anything more than a below average QB at this point.

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 07:26 PM
It's amazing how anyone can defend Sanchez and say he's anything more than a below average QB at this point.

he would be a below average qb if he posted his current numbers on the bills or lions

the fact that he does what he does on a team with a FANTASTIC supporting cast is just mind blowing

dtbrehm
01-11-2011, 07:29 PM

Jets had the 8th highest rushing ypc in the regular season and 3rd highest so far in the post season. Not sure what else you want. Do the Jets have to be ranked #1 in everything before Sanchez is to blame?

tyqb4
01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
the jets have one of the best run game and offensive lines in the entire NFL

give me a fukking break here!!!

jay cutler had one of the worst offensive lines and running games in football this year with a bunch of average receivers and still had an 86 QB rating compared to 75 for sanchez
yeah, they do. that doesn't mean they get 5 yards every single time they run the ball. if you don't understand the type of situations i'm referring to i don't know what to tell you...they protect sanchez all game with short passes and running the ball so he sucks dick on 3rd and long (3rd down probably makes up a decent % of his pass attempts) and two minute situations. granted he played well enough to win last weekend but the kick return helped him out a lot.

ben roethlisberger was in the same position as sanchez in his first 2 seasons in the league and he posted a 98 QB rating in both years compared to 70s for sanchez
true. he wasn't sheltered nearly the way sanchez is though. and honestly i think big ben is just better. big ben is really, really good at a lot of things whereas sanchez doesn't really have anything overwhelmingly special about his game.

What are you talking about? No expectations of winning? Tampa Bay's coach came out before the season even started and said his goal was to get the Bucs at 10 wins by the end of the regular season....THat has expectations doesn't it? In fact, every team has expecatations of winning...Jesus this is a stupid post.....

What are you talking about they are "free to get it out of their system"??? Freeman had 25 TDs and ONLY 6 Ints...He doesn't make many mistakes unlike your boy Sanchez WHO IS THE MAIN REASON THE JETS LOSE GAMES.....Sanchez is a Joey Harrington clone on a all-pro team...Pro bowl Oline, two great RBs, great recieving core...and he still can't get over an 80+ QB rating.
they had a top three pick. nobody expected them to do much of anything regardless of what the coach says.

freeman is damn good. sanchez isn't good at all. he hasn't been given the opportunity to become good. just watch a jets game, they aren't saying sanchez go win it for us. freeman is one of if not the biggest reason tampa was good this year while the jets all but hid sanchez for the majority of games.

i'm not saying he is some kind of great player, i'm saying he hasn't had the chance to become a good player because of the position they have put him in.

Jets had the 8th highest rushing ypc in the regular season and 3rd highest so far in the post season. Not sure what else you want. Do the Jets have to be ranked #1 in everything before Sanchez is to blame?

that doesn't mean the playcalling is all good. and of course sanchez has a lot of the blame. i'm just saying i think the o-coordinator has MORE of the blame.

i don't think i did a very good job of getting my point across.

-sanchez deserves blame (not as much as he gets though), o-coordinator deserves more
-team tries to hide sanchez
-by doing that they are just slowing down his development
-there's no guarantee he will be good or even average but how the hell do you figure out what he's going to be if you constantly try to protect him/hide him?

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 08:55 PM
yeah, they do. that doesn't mean they get 5 yards every single time they run the ball. if you don't understand the type of situations i'm referring to i don't know what to tell you...they protect sanchez all game with short passes and running the ball so he sucks dick on 3rd and long (3rd down probably makes up a decent % of his pass attempts) and two minute situations. granted he played well enough to win last weekend but the kick return helped him out a lot.

dude you are really REALLY reaching here with your points

they don't get 5 yards every time they run the ball??? nobody in the league does that. The jets have a fantastic rushing attack despite Sanchez' horrible pass performance

and 3rd down makes up a decent % of his pass attempts?? that's the case with every QB in the history of football

I dunno what you expect the offensive coordinator to do. He had at least 28 attempts in 13 of his 15 games. Do you expect them to throw the ball 50 times a game??

Sanchez is constantly in good 2nd and 3rd down situations because of the efficiency of the run game, and he has a fantastic blocking offensive line with 2 pro bowl caliber receivers. Despite all that, he is statistically a top 5 worst QB in the entire league. That is insane

Sanchez has had opportunity after opportunity to show that he is a decent passer and continues to fail miserably. The fact is, the offensive coordinator of the jets has given Sanchez way TOO much freedom in throwing the ball. The jets would be better off just running the ball 40 times a game and letting Sanchez just throw it 20-25 times to hide his terrible weaknesses

BallerStatus
01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Underachieving implies he had talent to begin with. If I ever need a QB who can consistently deliver the ball 4 feet above my head on every throw, then Sanchez is the man. If he had 9 foot tall wide receivers he would be a pro-bowler.

Machuka
01-11-2011, 10:18 PM
phuck the Jets. Sanchez is a bish fgt pu$$y

barely contributes crap

BallerStatus
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I've been a Jets fan for 10 years. I paid hard earned money for tickets to the Jets-Packers game at the Meadowlands this year and bought 9 dollar beers. I saw the Jets score 0 points and lose 9 nothing. I got to watch 2 and a half hours of Sanchez. That's two and a half hours of my life I can never get back. He ****ing sucks. Deal with it, there's no denying it. The team is carrying him and he should be thanking god we cut Kellen Clemens otherwise his ass would be on the bench.

For god-sakes plug frigging Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or even Kevin Kolb into this offense and the Jets are putting up 10-15 more points per game without question.

GyM_RaT
01-11-2011, 10:47 PM
I've been a Jets fan for 10 years. I paid hard earned money for tickets to the Jets-Packers game at the Meadowlands this year and bought 9 dollar beers. I saw the Jets score 0 points and lose 9 nothing. I got to watch 2 and a half hours of Sanchez. That's two and a half hours of my life I can never get back. He ****ing sucks. Deal with it, there's no denying it. The team is carrying him and he should be thanking god we cut Kellen Clemens otherwise his ass would be on the bench.

For god-sakes plug frigging Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or even Kevin Kolb into this offense and the Jets are putting up 10-15 more points per game without question.

Kellen Clemens is the 3rd string QB brah. And lol at Kolb. The guy has 3 good games last year and what exactly has he done this year?

I agree Sanchez hasn't been good but he hasnt sucked either. You were probably kissing his ass for having the balls to make that throw to Holmes during the broncos game, or making the passes when they mattered in the lions, texans, and colts game.

He is coming along and improving every year and that's all we can ask of him. Don't be like the Giants fans who were so quick to run Eli outta town until that '07 superbowl run. Sanchez has the skills, motivation, and intelligence to become a great QB. He's 24 give him a break.

Cradle2TheGrave
01-11-2011, 11:03 PM
but he hasnt sucked either.

BRB top 5 worst QB rating in the ENTIRE LEAGUE with one of the most talented teams in the entire league = not sucking

GyM_RaT
01-11-2011, 11:10 PM
BRB top 5 worst QB rating in the ENTIRE LEAGUE with one of the most talented teams in the entire league = not sucking

You got it friend.

yanksbgood
01-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Kellen Clemens is the 3rd string QB brah. And lol at Kolb. The guy has 3 good games last year and what exactly has he done this year?

I agree Sanchez hasn't been good but he hasnt sucked either. You were probably kissing his ass for having the balls to make that throw to Holmes during the broncos game, or making the passes when they mattered in the lions, texans, and colts game.

He is coming along and improving every year and that's all we can ask of him. Don't be like the Giants fans who were so quick to run Eli outta town until that '07 superbowl run. Sanchez has the skills, motivation, and intelligence to become a great QB. He's 24 give him a break.
Yeah he does look alot like a young eli. Eli had the completion percentage problem too when he was young.

Sanchez has come through in the clutch though. Ill give him that. He made some really nice passes this season to bring the jets back.

iliveinjersey
01-11-2011, 11:53 PM

this shotty is fukin awful also its his second year, and he has been to the payoffs. underachieve i think not

ArchangelDante
01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
chad henne would like a word with you

liftTENhard
01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
think hes gonna choke again like last year ........ nom sayin>??

mrdiets
01-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I will agree I think Mark is an underachiever if not just plain dumb. The dude really just needs to manage the game as he has a ton of talent around him on offense, though the blame is not entirely on him as the offensive coordinator does have to take somewhat of the blame for not keeping the ball on the ground more often. This is why a guy like Thomas Jones was good with the Jets, a guy who could carry the rock 20 times a game and help control the clock while having guys like Leon Washington come in and use his speed to slash a tired defense apart.

Imagine the Brett Farve of a few years ago with the Jets with a very little amount of talent, how he played, the numbers he put up. Put that guy in there with this years version of the Jets and there's a HUGE difference IMO. They really would have been a dominate team with a better QB.

ukero
01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
i take it quarter backs get better with age. so about what age do they usually peaK?

Bkcmart
01-12-2011, 08:31 AM
think hes gonna choke again like last year ........ nom sayin>??

How did he choke last year? Manning Manning'ed us in the second half. Not much Sanchez could do about it, unless you expect him to go shot for shot with Peyton.

Cradle2TheGrave
01-12-2011, 09:25 AM
You got it friend.

lol you're a dumbass homer

he has the 5th worst passer rating in the entire league and his team has more talent than almost every team in the league

put him on the panthers and he would put up even worse numbers than jimmy clausen most likely

Messiahtype
01-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I'd rather have Sanchez than Clausen(current), Smith/Smith, any Cardinals QB, or Henne. But yeah, the guy should be way further ahead than he is. He consistently plays like a rookie. Freeman and Stafford(when healthy) look light years ahead of him. Bradford as well.