PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sick of all this Mother Fudging Mark Sanchez hate!!! >:o

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Most people who haven't watched him play 17x this year (aka fans of other teams), don't really have the whole story. Let me give you a few reasons why Sanchez is someone I'm proud to have as my favorite teams QB

1st year vs 2nd year

Attempts: 364
Comp %: 53.8
YDS: 2444
TD: 12
INT: 20
FUM: 8

Attempts: 507
Comp %: 54.8
YDS: 3291
TD: 17
INT: 12
FUM: 5

So whats the deal here? Despite attempting more passes, he was still able to complete a greater % of his attempts. His TD/INT pretty much flipped, and his fumbles have gone done. (not just lost, as he was fumbling less this year overall). I know this isn't night a day, but this is the type of improvement you like to see in a second year QB.

Intangibles

5 comebacks. That's right, 5. Now you could say, had he performed earlier in the game, they wouldn't be necessary. You could also say that the teams they beat were trash, but are they really?

Denver - Yeah, they're trash. And we got some help from the refs on this one (granted it was a blatant PI), but Sanchez made the throws he had to make.

Detroit - Not an easy place to play, and the best 6-10 team in the league.

Cleveland - Hey, they beat up on NE a few weeks prior.

Houston - Not a terrible team, and were fighting for a playoff spot. Defense should never have let them back in the game, Sanchez bails us out again.

Indianapolis - 1 minute left, Sanchez puts Folk in position for a ~34 yarder, IN THE PLAYOFFS, which leads me to my next point

Playoff Performance

3-1 in 2 years? Come on. Yeah, he has a great team around him, but Sanchez could have easily blew it and we could easily be 0-4. QB rating is 83, not spectacular, but satisfactory.

The fact of the matter is, he's a second year QB that only got 1 full year of starting time in College. He's going to be streaky, but he doesn't deserve the hate he gets. I think Jets fans will agree with me. No one is comparing him to Manning or Brady, cut the kid some slack.

PatsWinTheSB
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Didn't read. He is easily one of the worst QBs in the league, deal with it.

Razor Beast
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think people hate him it's just people outside of New York get irritated about the way the NY media hypes up their players. Same with the Knicks and the Jets. I think Sanchez is a solid QB but I've never seen him carry a team on his shoulders. He does have good weapons at WR and a nice running game so you would think he would be a little more productive than he has been.

fballer12
01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Sanchez sucks.

Thanks for taking him so the bucs could get Freeman

ChuteBoxeFC
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
He gets so much hate because A) he plays for the Jets, and B) people tend to rate him too highly.

He's a decent QB surrounded by a solid team. Nothing more than that.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Didn't read. He is easily one of the worst QBs in the league, deal with it.

Strong post count phaggot

I don't think people hate him it's just people outside of New York get irritated about the way the NY media hypes up their players. Same with the Knicks and the Jets. I think Sanchez is a solid QB but I've never seen him carry a team on his shoulders. He does have good weapons at WR and a solid running game so you would think he would be a little more productive than he has been.

The New York media has hyped the **** out of him, and it is kind of annoying.

Sanchez sucks.

Thanks for taking him so the bucs could get Freeman

Freeman got you real far this year bro...

Krazy88
cool story bro

Greg1983
Houston - Not a terrible team

LOL'd. He sucks and they win in spite of him. Deal with it.

Tes45
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM

Freeman did more for his team than Sanchez did for his by a ****in country mile.

cor030
01-11-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't hate him I just hate how the media hypes him up so much when the reality is he's an average at best(for now, not saying he can't get better) starting quarterback playing on a team riddled with talent on both sides of the ball.

then people act like he is the comeback king when he plays like absolute **** an entire game but manages to make a few good passes at the end of the game and is suddenly awesome

Be_Easy_25
LMAO'd at his completion percentage.

srs.

PatsWinTheSB
And lol OP IS A RETARD.

Houston has one of the worst pass defenses EVER. With added emphasis on ever.

fballer12
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM

You're right....he only took a 3-13 team from last year and improved them to 10-6....this with 10 rookies starting and 23 on the end of season roster. He also only had the 9th best TD-INT ratio of all time this year, and had 7 4th quarter comebacks, this with a much less talented team than the Jets.

Freeman carried the bucs.....The Jets carried Sanchez

http://thejohntucker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/you_mad1.jpg

Cinderblock
01-11-2011, 04:33 PM
You pretty much just showed his mediocrity in detail with this post, and cemented my thoughts about him

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
LOL'd. He sucks and they win in spite of him. Deal with it.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x243/bkcmart/negged.jpg

you mad phaggot?

brb neggs for disagreeing

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x243/bkcmart/tumblr_led2y7rvTW1qczoxio1_500.gif

ChuteBoxeFC
Freeman did more for his team than Sanchez did for his by a ****in country mile.

TBF, there is lot of talent on that Tampa team than just Freeman. Freeman played a big part but he didn't carry the entire team on his back like you seem to be insinuating

magicmatt

this

BeanieWells
OP is a huge Jets homer, disregard anything he says.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
You pretty much just showed his mediocrity in detail with this post, and cemented my thoughts about him

Pretty much what I was tryna do...Know any 2nd year QB's how aren't mediocre?

ChuteBoxeFC
01-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Josh Freeman also doesn't have a Rex Ryan type coach who puts enormous amount of pressure on him because he can't keep his mouth shut and his name out of the headlines.

fballer12
01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
TBF, there is lot of talent on that Tampa team than just Freeman. Freeman played a big part but he didn't carry the entire team on his back like you seem to be insinuating

As a bucs fan, yeah there's some good young talent, but Freeman carried the team. We would've been lucky to win 4 games without him. And we were 10-6, but it came down to the wire in both atlanta games, and our game winning touchdown in detroit was called back. We could've easily been 12-4/13-3

Freeman had a young, inexperienced team much more competitive than they should have been

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
OP is a huge Jets homer, disregard anything he says.

herp derp

I presented an argument that Sanchez is improving as a QB, and hasn't been as bad as everyone seems to think...

You countered with an intelligent response...

oh wait

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
As a bucs fan, yeah there's some good young talent, but Freeman carried the team. We would've been lucky to win 4 games without him. And we were 10-6, but it came down to the wire in both atlanta games, and our game winning touchdown in detroit was called back. We could've easily been 12-4/13-3

Freeman had a young, inexperienced team much more competitive than they should have been

Freeman's a good young QB, but lets be real, they would have won 4 games without him. They played Carolina twice, thats 2 wins right there.

Tes45
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
herp derp

I presented an argument that Sanchez is improving as a QB, and hasn't been as bad as everyone seems to think...

You countered with an intelligent response...

oh wait

Yea no one cares if a QB improves from cow**** to dog**** brah. And he has been exactly as bad as everyone seems to think.

brb, 27th ranked QB this year

Bo DeLone
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
This upcoming game against the Patriots could tell us a lot about Sanchez.

The Jumbo Jet offensive line really pushed around the Colts last week and helped Mark. Should be fun to see what happens this weekend.

Be_Easy_25
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Pretty much what I was tryna do...Know any 2nd year QB's how aren't mediocre?

u mean now or in history?

freeman > sanchez for now.
but no good 2nd year QBs in history?

is that what u mean?
like no 2nd year QBs have had good years?

yikes if ur goin down that alley bro.
yikes yikes yikes yikes.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Yea no one cares if a QB improves from cow**** to dog**** brah. And he has been exactly as bad as everyone seems to think.

brb, 27th ranked QB this year

I'm pretty sure every Jets fan cares

PatsWinTheSB
01-11-2011, 04:44 PM
The Jumbo Jet offensive line really pushed around the Colts last week and helped Mark.

rofl and he still had an awful game

fballer12
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
no 2nd year qb's with good seasons?

Freeman had 9th best td-int ratio of all time this year.

Dan Marino broke the ****ing Touchdown record in his 2nd year, and it was his best season

Tes45
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty sure every Jets fan cares

Good for you, your quarterback is still god awful.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Good for you, your quarterback is still god awful.

Hey, he's still got a game this week. Only 7 other QB's can say the same.

GyM_RaT
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
OP why even create this thread? most of the hate is because he played at USC, always got a lot of media attention because he was Mexican, and is a 2nd year QB that has already been to an AFCCG and has a chance to do it again.

Oh and I negged that phaggot greg for you. Guy loves handing out negs because of his high rep count. Hows that Canadian football league treating ya? Yeah thats what I thought mofo.

INB4 he negs me again because I like the Knicks and Jets and he likes the Raptors.

fballer12
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Hey, he's still got a game this week. Only 7 other Teams can say the same.

Fixed

Bowyermania
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Die hard jets fan here who doesn't hate Sanchez ... but I wish we hadn't traded up to get Sanchez and would have took Freeman. Imagine where we would be with the weapons we have and Freeman at the helm ... probably would have won the division last year and most likely got to the Super Bowl and would definitely be better than 11-5 this year ... I would guess in the 13-3 or 14-2 range. Freeman is on another level with nowhere near the weapons Sanchez has. Still like Sanchez though and think he will develop eventually.

greaterpower
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Read up to where OP said something about Freeman not taking bucs far. Freeman is a ton better than sanchez. Sanchez has weapons around him, freeman doesn't.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
no 2nd year qb's with good seasons?

Freeman had 9th best td-int ratio of all time this year.

Dan Marino broke the ****ing Touchdown record in his 2nd year, and it was his best season

lol Dan Marino is Dan Marino.

And chill with Freeman. He's a good QB. Lots of potential. But compared to Sanchez, he was a 3 year starter in college, and had all last year to make mistakes where no one gave a fuk with absolutely no pressure on him. Sanchez was handcuffed by the necessity to win in 2009.

Waka_Flocka
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Denver - Yeah, they're trash. And we got some help from the refs on this one (granted it was a blatant PI), but Sanchez made the throws he had to make.

Detroit - Not an easy place to play, and the best 6-10 team in the league.

Cleveland - Hey, they beat up on NE a few weeks prior.

Houston - Not a terrible team, and were fighting for a playoff spot. Defense should never have let them back in the game, Sanchez bails us out again.

Indianapolis - 1 minute left, Sanchez puts Folk in position for a ~34 yarder, IN THE PLAYOFFS, which leads me to my next point

Playoff Performance

3-1 in 2 years? Come on. Yeah, he has a great team around him, but Sanchez could have easily blew it and we could easily be 0-4. QB rating is 83, not spectacular, but satisfactory.

The fact of the matter is, he's a second year QB that only got 1 full year of starting time in College. He's going to be streaky, but he doesn't deserve the hate he gets. I think Jets fans will agree with me. No one is comparing him to Manning or Brady, cut the kid some slack.

Denver- awful

Detroit- bad

Cleveland- bad

Houston- bad (especially their defense)

Indianapolis- You mean Antonio Cromartie set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal. You mean Jim Caldwell set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal. You mean Braylon Edwards pushing off of Jacob Lacey set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal.

Funny thing is, everyone is all on Sanchize's cock about being some comeback wizard, but people don't realize that Chad Henne has five 4th quarter comebacks in his career also.

3-1 in two years? Oh yeah, he was carried by his defense and his running game in 2009-2010, then he gets to play the worst playoff team in the last 15 years in 2010-2011. (And I am a huge Peyton Manning fan. It's just a fact, they find ways to choke in the playoffs year after year)

If the New York media didn't nuthug this guy so much, then no...he wouldn't get so much hate.

Also, all homerism and hate aside...do you really think Sanchize was worth it? The Jets traded up to number 5, by giving up their 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, and some scrub. Was it worth it to move up that much to get a guy that finishes 2nd to last in the NFL in completion percentage? He is a bad QB right now, no doubt in my mind and the Jets fuked up on that deal. Mark Brunell could have taken NY to the playoffs this year.

Be_Easy_25
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
OP why even create this thread? most of the hate is because he played at USC, always got a lot of media attention because he was Mexican, and is a 2nd year QB that has already been to an AFCCG and has a chance to do it again.

Oh and I negged that phaggot greg for you. Guy loves handing out negs because of his high rep count. Hows that Canadian football league treating ya? Yeah thats what I thought mofo.

ima USC season ticket holder and fan.
stood by mark's side through his sex scandal before he even saw a minute on the field.
remember when he was the #2 prospect in 05.
was critical of pete trying to force him to stay.

he's not performing.
neither is leinart.
neither is carson.

truth is truth.
deal with it.

and i sincerely hope u guys beat the pats this week.
but i cannot support a lie.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Die hard jets fan here who doesn't hate Sanchez ... but I wish we hadn't traded up to get Sanchez and would have took Freeman. Imagine where we would be with the weapons we have and Freeman at the helm ... probably would have won the division last year and most likely got to the Super Bowl and would definitely be better than 11-5 this year ... I would guess in the 13-3 or 14-2 range. Freeman is on another level with nowhere near the weapons Sanchez has. Still like Sanchez though and think he will develop eventually.

IDK man, Freeman was just as bad as Sanchez last year, maybe worse (maybe not, since I mentioned earlier, Sanchez was really protected by the play calling)

CriticalAcclaim
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Matthew Stafford

Bobby1291
01-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Matthew Stafford

Can't play a full game anymore without getting injured.

floppyflaps
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
lol Dan Marino is Dan Marino.

And chill with Freeman. He's a good QB. Lots of potential. But compared to Sanchez, he was a 3 year starter in college, and had all last year to make mistakes where no one gave a fuk with absolutely no pressure on him. Sanchez was handcuffed by the necessity to win in 2009.

Freeman didn't even get practice snaps until week 9 of last year. Josh Johnson, Byron Leftwich, and Luke McCown got all the snaps. He's pretty much only developed last offseason.

It's a lot harder to rescue an entire franchise than to not screw things up.

Sanchez could win the Superbowl and he wouldn't be as good as Freeman in my mind.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Also, all homerism and hate aside...do you really think Sanchize was worth it?

At the time, I wanted to stay put for Freeman. Would I trade Sanchez for Freeman right now? Probably. Do I think Sanchez can be a better QB than Freeman? Yes. Will he? I hope so, but maybe, maybe not.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Matthew Stafford

He'd be better than both Freeman or Sanchez if he could only stay healthy. Such a shame. Bradford's better than all three.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Freeman didn't even get practice snaps until week 9 of last year. Josh Johnson, Byron Leftwich, and Luke McCown got all the snaps. He's pretty much only developed last offseason.

It's a lot harder to rescue an entire franchise than to not screw things up.

Sanchez could win the Superbowl and he wouldn't be as good as Freeman in my mind.

Sanchez and freeman had roughly the same # of attempts, and a lot of Sanchez' att's were low risk checks. Goes to show you just how protected he was last year

CriticalAcclaim
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Shouldnt he be playing baseball? nosrs

its50
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
He sucks. It's as simple as that. Jets win inspite of him, never because of him.

ChuteBoxeFC
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
He sucks. It's as simple as that. Jets win inspite of him, never because of him.

Did you see the Steelers game? I'm not a Sanchez fan, but he did pretty good.

its50
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Did you see the Steelers game? I'm not a Sanchez fan, but he did pretty good.

Polamalu didn't play that game. Even still, 170y/0TD.

Greg1983
01-11-2011, 05:27 PM
you mad phaggot?

brb neggs for disagreeing

No, negs for being an idiot. You're clearly the one who's mad.

Bkcmart
01-11-2011, 05:29 PM

real mad brah

GyM_RaT
01-11-2011, 07:51 PM

Your the one that's mad because you neg any fan of a NY sports team phaggot.

GetFitfortranny
01-11-2011, 08:21 PM
This is like saying because your special ed brother scored higher on his math score than previously he is a mathematician.

yanksbgood
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Sanchez shows glimpses of being a very solid NFL Qb, hes just not consistant enough yet. That said, he has been miles better this year. Last year, he would throw dumb INT after dumb INT and we would have to hope he wouldnt turn the ball over. This year he has alot less turnovers and has generally made much better decisions. The problem is his accuracy isnt very consistant and he often misses wide open receivers.

But nevertheless, against the bears in their stadium he was 24/37 with 269 yards, 1 td and 1 int. He had a really solid game (high completion percentage) against a really tough bears D. He shows flashess of being solid. He just needs to be more consistant.

theend2
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM

no its because he sucks

brb only completing 55% of passes with 2 stud receivers and a solid TE. without a solid running game and o-line hed be exposed

GyM_RaT
01-11-2011, 08:38 PM
no its because he sucks

brb only completing 55% of passes with 2 stud receivers and a solid TE. without a solid running game and o-line hed be exposed

lol

BallerStatus
01-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I've been a Jets fan for 10 years. I paid hard earned money for tickets to the Jets-Packers game at the Meadowlands this year and bought 9 dollar beers. I saw the Jets score 0 points and lose 9 nothing. I got to watch 2 and a half hours of Sanchez. That's two and a half hours of my life I can never get back. He ****ing sucks. Deal with it, there's no denying it. The team is carrying him and he should be thanking god we cut Kellen Clemens otherwise his ass would be on the bench.

For god-sakes plug frigging Charlie Whitehurst, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or even Kevin Kolb into this offense and the Jets are putting up 10-15 more points per game without question.

GyM_RaT
01-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Denver- awful

Detroit- bad

Cleveland- bad

Houston- bad (especially their defense)

Indianapolis- You mean Antonio Cromartie set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal. You mean Jim Caldwell set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal. You mean Braylon Edwards pushing off of Jacob Lacey set up Nick Folk in position for a 34 yard field goal.

Funny thing is, everyone is all on Sanchize's cock about being some comeback wizard, but people don't realize that Chad Henne has five 4th quarter comebacks in his career also.

3-1 in two years? Oh yeah, he was carried by his defense and his running game in 2009-2010, then he gets to play the worst playoff team in the last 15 years in 2010-2011. (And I am a huge Peyton Manning fan. It's just a fact, they find ways to choke in the playoffs year after year)

If the New York media didn't nuthug this guy so much, then no...he wouldn't get so much hate.

Also, all homerism and hate aside...do you really think Sanchize was worth it? The Jets traded up to number 5, by giving up their 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, Abram Elam, Kenyon Coleman, and some scrub. Was it worth it to move up that much to get a guy that finishes 2nd to last in the NFL in completion percentage? He is a bad QB right now, no doubt in my mind and the Jets fuked up on that deal. Mark Brunell could have taken NY to the playoffs this year.

U mad?

DubV
01-17-2011, 01:52 AM

How hasn't Sanchez been worth it? How can you say the Jets fuked the deal up? Jets are one game away from the Super Bowl. I don't think much more needs to be said.

SpiderSense
01-17-2011, 02:12 AM
So whats the deal here? Despite attempting more passes, he was still able to complete a greater % of his attempts. His TD/INT pretty much flipped, and his fumbles have gone done. (not just lost, as he was fumbling less this year overall). I know this isn't night a day, but this is the type of improvement you like to see in a second year QB.

A 50 some odd completion % isn't good.

Barely better than a 1:1 TD/INT isn't good either.

floppyflaps
01-17-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm a big Sanchez hater and I'll admit he played a good game, and he's been money in the playoffs.

Would I want him on my team though? Nope, because they wouldn't make the playoffs with him at QB.

Hardcore_D00d
01-17-2011, 02:35 AM
sanchez will be a future beast. hes like big ben

urintrouble
01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
check down phaggot with a noodle arm. the sanchize has been blessed to come into a team with a top ranked rushing attack, defense, o-line, and etc. all he has to do is manage the game.

stafford>>>>>>>freeman>>>>>>>>>>>>sanchez

AJbuilder
01-17-2011, 07:05 AM
check down phaggot with a noodle arm. the sanchize has been blessed to come into a team with a top ranked rushing attack, defense, o-line, and etc. all he has to do is manage the game.

stafford>>>>>>>freeman>>>>>>>>>>>>sanchez

Sanchez' check down method actually works for him. He waves the receiver on 15+ yards and passes, making the completion most of the time. He just did one yesterday passing to Edwards for 18.

Lean88
01-17-2011, 08:39 AM
A 50 some odd completion % isn't good.

Barely better than a 1:1 TD/INT isn't good either.

exactly, he isnt a great qb IMO, but he is effective in the Jets team.
Great Defense, great running game and well coached, means he doesnt have to carry the team, just make 1 or 2 big plays per game .

But hey winning is all that counts and he's on a winning team

ATownDRock
01-17-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't dislike Mark, but I cringe every time i see him throw a ball. There's never any zip to the pass, it's almost always a duck and he overthrows his receivers far too often.

Now I know he's young and all that, but somethings gotta change or he's gonna be throwing quackers for his whole career.

FatWhiteKid
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
They're not winning because of Sanchez, they're winning because of a good backfield and one of the best D's. No hate on Sanchez, he's still a rookie and is going farther than almost all rookie QB's ever get to.

iliveinjersey
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Haters gonna Hate

Diggs0101
01-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Anyone who says the NY media treats him like a superstar is obviously not from NY. They kill him every chance they can.

iliveinjersey
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
They're not winning because of Sanchez, they're winning because of a good backfield and one of the best D's. No hate on Sanchez, he's still a rookie and is going farther than almost all rookie QB's ever get to.

wow ur a fukin idiot. How about his game winning drive vs indy? How about the 3tds and no picks yesterday

MarkRIchtGOAT
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
y eahes a good QB i agree.