PDA

View Full Version : Do non-stimulant pre-workout supps. work?

jsherm38
01-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Do non-stimulant pre-workout supps work? I was thinking about buying USP labs p-slin because im sick of all the caffeine in normal pre-workout supps. Has any one tried any of these or have any recommendations?
Thanks

furyhockey
01-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Do non-stimulant pre-workout supps work? I was thinking about buying USP labs p-slin because im sick of all the caffeine in normal pre-workout supps. Has any one tried any of these or have any recommendations?
Thanks

If i can remember correctly, p-slin is a nutrient partitioner. My recommendations would be Thermolife's Pump-BOL and Ultima by Omega Sports. Both are caffeine free.

shulaw05
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
it depends what you mean by work. what are you looking to get out of a pwo? obviously a non-stim pwo is not going to give you the energy that one w/stims does, but they can still assist you w/endurance and strength gains.

jsherm38
01-07-2011, 08:59 AM
it depends what you mean by work. what are you looking to get out of a pwo? obviously a non-stim pwo is not going to give you the energy that one w/stims does, but they can still assist you w/endurance and strength gains.

I guess what i mean by work is i just need something to give me enough energy after taking it to make me get off the couch and go to the gym like regular pwo's do for me. Are there any that give a good immediate energy boost or is that only caffeine pwo's?

Thanks!

jsherm38
01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
also i just saw cytosport fast twitch caffiene free, do any of you know bout this product?

Peter LeDrew
01-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I guess what i mean by work is i just need something to give me enough energy after taking it to make me get off the couch and go to the gym like regular pwo's do for me. Are there any that give a good immediate energy boost or is that only caffeine pwo's?

Thanks!

You'd be surprised how well some can work. Ultima for one provides a nice lift different and without crashing like with a caffeine and/or 1,3 product.

asianstyles
01-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Like Peter mentioned above, you would be surprised how well a non stimulant pre-workout can work.

Another good option to explore is MAN Body Octane. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to let me know.

jsherm38
01-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Ok thanks I'll check those products out! Do any of you know about fast twitch though im really considering that. measly repped you guys thanks

Marshall28
01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Like Peter mentioned above, you would be surprised how well a non stimulant pre-workout can work.

Another good option to explore is MAN Body Octane. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to let me know.

X2 on the Body Octane. Great product. Ultima too is a great opition as both are non-prop blend.

Sldge
01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks

I wouldnt use pslin. It can lower blood sugar which you really dont want much of going into your workouts or there is a decent chance at getting light headed, queazy and definitely lowered strength.

Zanderini
01-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Yes they work just not for energy

asianstyles
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes they work just not for energy

while they won't hit hard like something with stimulants, they do have a positive impact on energy, endurance, and focus.

TMac26
01-07-2011, 10:52 AM
While GOOD stim-free pre workouts don't have stimulants, they work by increasing muscular endurance and enhancing performance.

Body Octane is my top stim-free pre workout.

so-tex
01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Same here. Body Octane works fine for me.

Opies
01-07-2011, 11:02 AM
listen to the reps pimpin their products ;)

na but lettuce be reality, body octane and ultima are by far the two best non-stim pre-workouts, and they both have full disclosure of ingredient quantity.

DJT_ FITNESS
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Fast Twitch - Caffeine Free is a good choice for a pre without caffeine, it is really designed to help keep you in the gym once there ;) It will allow you to push it harder and to keep going.

poison
01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Ok thanks I'll check those products out! Do any of you know about fast twitch though im really considering that. measly repped you guys thanks

I like Decaf RagNOrok, MAN Clout, Ultima, or C-bol.

eddiemaz
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
body octane helped w/ endurance, but deff not worth $50 imo
i like caf free fast twitch better b/c of the price
yet to try ultima or pumpbol

shulaw05
01-07-2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks!

seems like your question has been answered before i had a chance to reply. good luck.

also, if you try one of these products and don't have success, try another. just because one dose not work for you does not mean that the others won't.

quank
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Has any one tried any of these or have any recommendations?

Ultima
BodyForge

bigbenKC
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes they work just not for energyhttp://www.imagehostrus.info/images/5.gif

Disagree with that, there are more ways to get energy without caffeine.