PDA

View Full Version : ***OFFICIAL GB Packers at Philly Eagles Wild Card Game Discussion***

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Probably the best game on WC weekend. Michael Vick tries to get his revenge for the loss on opening weekend....

http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2010-09/129456400-13184557.jpg

But Clay Matthews awaits...

http://i.imgur.com/pjXzf.jpg

kyleTX
01-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Eagles opened as 3 point favorites

Trapstar4.4
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
lol @ people who think the eagles are going to come out flat like they did last week

it will be a good game im sure

.MANoWAR.
01-02-2011, 05:10 PM
inb4 Vick throws for 300 yards, runs for 150, passes for 2 TDs, runs for 2 TDs, and then pulls down his pants and takes a **** on Clay Matthew's ugly white trash face.

Green Bay...hide ya kids, hide ya wife, then bend over and brace for impact

Packers64
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
in b4 charles woodson has 3 sacks and doesn't drop back into coverage a single time.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 05:19 PM
lol @ people who think the eagles are going to come out flat like they did last week

it will be a good game im sure

Not saying that, it WILL be the best game of the weekend

DontRevMe
01-02-2011, 05:21 PM
In for 35-21 eagles win

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 05:23 PM
inb4 Vick throws for 300 yards, runs for 150, passes for 2 TDs, runs for 2 TDs, and then pulls down his pants and takes a **** on Clay Matthew's ugly white trash face.

in b4 charles woodson has 3 sacks and doesn't drop back into coverage a single time.

I wouldn't be surprised if either of those happen.

All depends on the Eagles offensive line

justin8684
01-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Philly is in big trouble this game I think.

Aside from the fact that Green Bay's offense matches up well with Philly's defensive personnel, Green Bay's defense is playing ridiculous right now. The first time they played Philly, they had no game film of Vick to prepare for and nobody really knew what Vick still had left in the tank as a player. Now they have a full season's worth of film to go back and look at on the guy. Green Bay's corners are good enough to play man and prevent anything big down the field and Raji has been playing all-world on the defensive line in recent weeks. Also love Green Bay's match-up on the perimeter with Matthews as well, he'll be coming from Vick's blindside.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM

Aside from the fact that Green Bay's offense matches up well with Philly's defensive personnel, Green Bay's defense is playing ridiculous right now. The first time they played Philly, they had no game film of Vick to prepare for and nobody really knew what Vick still had left in the tank as a player. Now they have a full season's worth of film to go back and look at on the guy. Green Bay's corners are good enough to play man and prevent anything big down the field and Raji has been playing all-world on the defensive line in recent weeks. Also love Green Bay's match-up on the perimeter with Matthews as well, he'll be coming from Vick's blindside.

Awwwwww sh-

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Green Bay has no running game. Their secondary is nothing special.

Get pressure on Rodgers is the key.

The Eagles need to get back to using their screen pass.

I think the Eagles have been sandbagging it recently. I think Andy Reid has another trick under his wizard robe.

Eagles 34 - 21

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Two things:

1. Michael Vick is not Kevin Kolb. Clay Matthews will not get three sacks this game.

2. Green Bay is going to be very vulnerable to Shady McCoy. Shady has been killing teams recently both in the screen game and in the running game. Shady is the x-factor for the Eagles

Another quick note.. Jackson is the one getting all the attention from secondaries. I expect Maclin and Celek to have HUGE games.

justin8684
01-02-2011, 05:44 PM

I think the Eagles have been sandbagging it recently. I think Andy Reid has another trick under his wizard robe.

Eagles 34 - 21

Clearly you know nothing about the Packers secondary. Woodson & Collins are Pro Bowl locks year in and year out and Willams was a major snub at CB this year as well, he's been their best cover corner and playmaker all season. They've finished 5th in the league in back-to-back seasons in passing yards allowed per game, led the league in picks last season, and were third this season. Unlike last season when the playoffs rolled around, their secondary is actually healthy and won't have special teamers like Jarrett Bush trying to cover anybody.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Their secondary is nothing special.
They're actually pretty good. Charles Woodson + Tramon Williams, with Nick Collins back there also. Certainly better then the Giants secondary, which contained the Eagles WR's pretty good.

1. Michael Vick is not Kevin Kolb. Clay Matthews will not get three sacks this game.

Maybe, but we all saw Antoine freakin' Winfield get 2 sacks and a TD on Vick, Clay is MUCH more dangerous

Packers64
01-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Eagles 34 - 21

green bay has at worst a top 5 secondary and thats not really debatable.

your opinion is invalid

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Clearly you know nothing about the Packers secondary. Woodson & Collins are Pro Bowl locks year in and year out and Willams was a major snub at CB this year as well, he's been their best cover corner and playmaker all season. They've finished 5th in the league in back-to-back seasons in passing yards allowed per game, led the league in picks last season, and were third this season. Unlike last season when the playoffs rolled around, their secondary is actually healthy and won't have special teamers like Jarrett Bush trying to cover anybody.

Woodson is one of the best.. that said.. I disagree that they are "anything" special...

edit: maybe i should explain what i mean by "special".... Though they are a good secondary....the Eagles will be able to pass on them and score.... they don't have the capability to shut down the Eagles.

Packers64
01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Woodson is one of the best.. that said.. I disagree that they are "anything" special...

well you obviously are uneducated about football.

srs

justin8684
01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
We'll see... Jackson had like 30 yards on 3 catches against Woodson last time when Chuck wasn't even healthy. Maybe he won't even catch a pass this go around.

TexasHeat
01-02-2011, 05:51 PM
packers win easily, eagles have looked like complete **** for last 4 games

iloverat
01-02-2011, 05:53 PM
as much as the packers have looked good on d lately and played v well vs the giants, theres a reason they were 10-6 rodgers missed one game but lets be reality new england would have won anyway.

the eagles have a great chance tbh, the reason i think the pack will win though is the eagles d is awful this year and match up horribly with teams with good wr's. however if the secondary plays good or mike vick plays like he has 90% of the year i think the eagles have a great shot. Also those talking about the packers pass d, weren't it ranked 2nd last year when the cards hung 51 on them?

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
They're actually pretty good. Charles Woodson + Tramon Williams, with Nick Collins back there also. Certainly better then the Giants secondary, which contained the Eagles WR's pretty good.

Maybe, but we all saw Antoine freakin' Winfield get 2 sacks and a TD on Vick, Clay is MUCH more dangerous

Yes.. he did.. however, are you aware that Mike Vick played on a leg that was injured on the very first play of the game? Probably has something to do with it.

Lettuce be reality, the Giants secondary sucks dick.

softhetruth
01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
It will be one of the best games the nfl has to offer. I got Philly 31-28.

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
We'll see... Jackson had like 30 yards on 3 catches against Woodson last time when Chuck wasn't even healthy. Maybe he won't even catch a pass this go around.

That is ok.. They have Jeremy Maclin (who is better than Jackson... 10 tds this year.. only three wrs have double digit tds in the NFC this year..), Shady, Avant, and Celek on the field too...

justin8684
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
as much as the packers have looked good on d lately and played v well vs the giants, theres a reason they were 10-6 rodgers missed one game but lets be reality new england would have won anyway.

the eagles have a great chance tbh, the reason i think the pack will win though is the eagles d is awful this year and match up horribly with teams with good wr's. however if the secondary plays good or mike vick plays like he has 90% of the year i think the eagles have a great shot. Also those talking about the packers pass d, weren't it ranked 2nd last year when the cards hung 51 on them?

Green Bay's secondary got banged up a bit last season the last couple weeks. They had the #1 pass defense in the league and dropped to 5th over that time. They are 100% healthy this season and playing their best football of the year right now. Philly won't get the benefit of having Jarrett Bush accounting for guys like Maclin like Arizona did last year when Breaston raped them.

iloverat
01-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Green Bay's secondary got banged up a bit last season the last couple weeks. They had the #1 pass defense in the league and dropped to 5th over that time. They are 100% healthy this season and playing their best football of the year right now. Philly won't get the benefit of having Jarrett Bush accounting for guys like Maclin like Arizona did last year when Breaston raped them.

fair enough..i do think green bay has a slight advantage, but as much as the eagles have played poorly the last 2 weeks and the pack have played good i honesly think these last 2 weeks the eagles havent really been fully motivated like they will next week. they just came out flat vs the vikings and b4 that vick was putting up 30+ a game. the main advantage the packers have imo is your wr's against our secondary.

I think to say either team is a strong favourite is homerism at its finest and should be a great game between two quality temas

-=Zeus=-!
01-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Close game, but I think Capers is a Wizard and will have some schemes set up for Vick.

21-17 Packers

Future24
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
packers win easily, eagles have looked like complete **** for last 4 games

The Eagles have been exposed.

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
The Eagles have been exposed.

Explain?

They played their third stringers today and lost by 1 point to Dallas.

Last week was a letdown game.

Plus Andy Reid is a wizard.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Packer fans, who will be playing the role of antrell role/antoine winfield (spying and blitzing Vick) from the Pack? Or will they have a LB do that?

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Packer fans, who will be playing the role of antrell role/antoine winfield (spying and blitzing Vick) from the Pack? Or will they have a LB do that?

Vick couldn't seem to handle the CB blitz last week. He wasn't identifying the corner blitz and when he did.. he couldn't escape the pressure (leg injury).

However, Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the league and I am positive that he will not let this happen again.

wsuwarrior
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Their secondary is nothing special.

Green Bay's secondary has two Pro-Bowlers, a Pro-Bowl alternate, and Charlie Peprah whom I think is a pretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of anything.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Vick couldn't seem to handle the CB blitz last week. He wasn't identifying the corner blitz and when he did.. he couldn't escape the pressure (leg injury).

However, Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the league and I am positive that he will not let this happen again.

Andy Reid is great, but he can be stubborn as all hell sometimes...even though the Giants used IDENTICAL blitzes in both games, he still couldn't pick up on it the second time around, and it almost cost them both Giants games.

Not to mention the Eagles RT saying "We weren't expecting them to blitz so much" after the Vikings game. STRONG wtf.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
I just noticed that next week will be the 8th anniversary of the famous "4th and 26" play.

Packers....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_76HJKwgU9TQ/TQ1nM-PRWgI/AAAAAAAABZc/X6sdjXFvw7Y/s1600/Prepare+Your+Anus.jpg

Packers64
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
If anything close to 4th and 26 happens again i will jump off a fukking cliff

edit:^^^^^^^^^^^ i just got wizarded

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
If anything close to 4th and 26 happens again i will jump off a fukking cliff

edit:^^^^^^^^^^^ i just got wizarded

lolwut

mind=blown

I posted before you though, no wizarding

justin8684
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Green Bay has sucked in Sunday late afternoon games under McCarthy... I'm impressed they were able to pull out wins in their last two against the Giants and Bears under must win circumstances. If they win next week and make it 3-for-3 my mind will literally = blown.

.MANoWAR.
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
damn, i wish we had Freddie Mitchell instead of DeSean Jackson because Freddie Mitchell catches balls for first downs on 4th and 26. i cant believe the Eagles franchise didn't disband after Freddie left

here are his nicknames (all given to him by himself):
*4th and 26
*FredEx (because he always delivers)
*The People's Champ
*The Sultan of Slot
*First Down Freddie
*Fourth Down Freddie
*Hollywood
*Puppetmaster
*Burrito Mitchell

i saw him today when he pumped my gas at a local Sunoco. still had his "People's Champ" belt on

this is from Wikipedia:

During the week leading up to the game [Super Bowl], Mitchell sat for a short ESPN interview conducted by Dan Patrick. Asked to identify the members of the Patriots' secondary, Mitchell claimed he didn't know them by name, only by number, and then deliberately stated each of their numbers incorrectly. Normally tight-lipped coach Bill Belichick later said of Mitchell, "[a]ll he does is talk. He's terrible, and you can print that. I was happy when he was in the game."

He [Freddie Mitchell] has also appeared at a press conference wearing oven mitts to protect his hands. At the press conference he said "I'd like to thank my hands for being so great."
LOL, ohhhh what a great walk down memory lane :D

TrollDattHoe
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
damn, i wish we had Freddie Mitchell instead of DeSean Jackson because Freddie Mitchell catches balls for first downs on 4th and 26.

hence the nicknames (all given to him by himself):
*4th and 26
*FredEx
*The People's Champ

i saw him today when he pumped my gas at a local Sunoco. still had his "People's Champ" belt on

He's the one who started that championship belt thing. Not Aaron Rodgers. I find it funny people fail to mention that. Rodgers is stealing taunts from Freddie Mitchell lulz

Blasphemy
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
this game will be epic/thread

....til sunday

Antonio519
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Bears fan checking in, I hope the eagles win but the truth is, the packers are a better team and arodg>vick

Realism
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu Freddy Mitchell, guy was a bust besides that one ****ing play. He's a pretty funny guy but for a first round pick, he was terrible.

The Eagles are an explosive team, next weeks game should be a great one. Hopefully, for us Packer fans, Cullen Jenkins will be back. It's amazing how great their defense has played considering the fact that their front 7 has suffered a ridiculous amount of injuries.

Ralph Wiggum
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Andy Reid is great, but he can be stubborn as all hell sometimes...even though the Giants used IDENTICAL blitzes in both games, he still couldn't pick up on it the second time around, and it almost cost them both Giants games.

Not to mention the Eagles RT saying "We weren't expecting them to blitz so much" after the Vikings game. STRONG wtf.

Strong retards.. One of the worst OL in the league..

Frazier is a Jim Johnson protege, of course they were going to blitz a ton..

Realism
01-02-2011, 09:53 PM

I'm not sure how Capers will scheme. I expect BJ Raji and Bishop to push Vick out of the pocket quite a bit next week and Matthews will try to keep Vick from rolling out to his right. The Packers blitz a lot against the Bears and I expect them to do the same against Vick. This might be the best Packer defense I've seen in years, they're not great against the run but they're great when their back is up against the wall. I'm really interested in how they will fair against Vick and the Eagles because their really isn't an offense like that in the NFL.

rampagefc77
01-03-2011, 05:21 AM

Eagles 34 - 21

GB hasnt lost by more than 4 all season... even when they had a QB making his first ever start against NE in NE... I wouldnt expect that to change now.

BarlesCharkley
01-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I think Capers is gonna plan a good game to contain Vick, my biggest concern is MM playcalling. I didnt understand the numerous deep balls on third and short againt CHI

bignpisst
01-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Packers- 31
Eagles- ******* raped

nohcOR
01-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Being a Packer fan, I have to say they will win. I think they will. not easily though. Im scared of desean jackson...

Ralph Wiggum
01-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Being a Packer fan, I have to say they will win. I think they will. not easily though. Im scared of desean jackson...

You should be more scared of LeSean McCoy.

He and Vick make the offense tick.

liferzach
01-03-2011, 08:38 AM

You mad?

Let us not forget the recent dominating performance from the rising star Erik Walden.

Packers- 31
Eagles- ******* raped

I like this prediction.

ChillinBrah
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Bump for gametime

cor030
01-09-2011, 01:27 PM
let's hope this game is good. so far the Seahawks/Saints game has been the best playoff game by far.