PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, kobe bryant is one of the most overated players of all time

lustsmith
01-02-2011, 03:20 PM
dude is streaky, shoots a low fg percentage, almost never led the league in scoring, defense good but not great, never passes, doesn't rebound, just settles for jumpshots, has an ego larger than life, team killer...

he's just fortunate enough to be on winning teams his entire career......otherwise...

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 03:28 PM
dude is streaky, shoots a low fg percentage, never lead the league in scoring, defense good but not great, never passes, doesn't rebound, just settles for jumpshots, has an ego larger than life, team killer...

he's just fortunate enough to be on winning teams his entire career......otherwise...

FAIL

Led the league in PPG in 2005 and 2006.

Argument = Invalid

TheDude1987
01-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I like how he killed all those championship teams.

RekeDMC
01-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I like how he killed all those championship teams.

I like how horry has more rings than kobe

Horry 7 rings kobe 5

Owned

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 03:43 PM

Horry 7 rings kobe 5

Owned

Username: RekeDMC

TAWS6
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
dude is streaky, shoots a low fg percentage, almost never led the league in scoring, defense good but not great, never passes, doesn't rebound, just settles for jumpshots, has an ego larger than life, team killer...

hahahahaha
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

From a celtics fan. lolz

RekeDMC
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Username: RekeDMC

Rofl i dont give a sht about the lakers thats in the past
Im a fan of basketball
I watch everyteam.
Horry 7 rings
Kobe 5

U mad

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Im a fan of basketball
I watch everyteam.
Horry 7 rings
Kobe 5

U mad

I'm pretty sure they each won 3 of those playing for the same team. I doubt anyone is mad

RekeDMC
01-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm pretty sure they each won 3 of those playing for the same team. I doubt anyone is mad

If i was mad about that horry shot why would i be praising horry over kobe??

Urinidiot

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 04:00 PM
If i was mad about that horry shot why would i be praising horry over kobe??

Urinidiot

Lol @ saying the dumbest thing of all time and then saying I'M the idiot.

Horry>>Kobe?

Riiiigggghhhhtt

alertse
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
All has championship teams have been stacked. He has never had to will his team in the playoffs.

JamesGatz83
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
All has championship teams have been stacked. He has never had to will his team in the playoffs.

You're an idiot or just don't watch the games if you really believe that Kobe has never stepped up and willed his team to a win in a playoff game.

TUmjkcRsLX4

RekeDMC
01-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Lol @ saying the dumbest thing of all time and then saying I'M the idiot.

Horry>>Kobe?

Riiiigggghhhhtt
You brought up those rings acting kobes goat
So i brought up horrys rings
Rings dont mean ish

alertse
01-02-2011, 04:18 PM
You're an idiot or just don't watch the games if you really believe that Kobe has never stepped up and willed his team to a win in a playoff game.

TUmjkcRsLX4

He's had the best team every year.

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 04:18 PM
You brought up those rings acting likes goat
Rings dont mean ish

Rings is the only thing that matters when it comes to player accomplishments.

brb team accomplishments= single player greatness, even if that player averages 40% FG in the finals and his teammates make more game winning shots than he does.

bigollie2006
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Love him or hate him, the dude is arguably the best player in the league. Hes a bada** quit hating

alertse
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Rings is the only thing that matters when it comes to player accomplishments.

brb team accomplishments= single player greatness, even if that player averages 40% FG in the finals and his teammates make more game winning shots than he does.

No, it doesn't... how can you honestly say that? Kobe has had -- bar none -- the best teams every single year, while Lebron has had teams of full of mediocre players. Lebron's second best player was rookie Daniel Gibson, who was both a spotty and streaky shooter. Kobe has had Artest, Gasol, Shaq, Odom, Bynum, and some of the league's primer players.

faddy5624
01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
agreed he is great. But agreed he is overrated. I can think of three or four players I would rather have on my team before him.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Horry 7 rings kobe 5

Owned

Im a fan of basketball
I watch everyteam.
Horry 7 rings
Kobe 5

U mad

You brought up those rings acting kobes goat
Rings dont mean ish

FAIL again.

lol u are really dumb forreal

RekeDMC
01-02-2011, 04:23 PM
If it wasnt for horry and fisher always bailing kobe out with huge shots kobe wouldnt have 5 rings
Horry and fisher are more clutch than kobe

dtbrehm
01-02-2011, 04:25 PM
If it wasnt for horry and fisher always bailing kobe out with huge shots kobe wouldnt have 5 rings

Role players always hit big shots in championship runs.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Role players don't "bail out" star players

Role players play their "role", which in this case, is to hit open threes. Is that such a hard concept to grasp?

Do you even watch basketball?

Blasphemy
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM

stfu dumb f*ck

JTrain306
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
It's hard to overrate the best active player in the NBA.

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 08:06 PM
funny how when this thread was bumped kobe scores 8 points in less than 2 minutes

CaptainGorgeous
01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
He's had the best team every year.

It's the best team because he's on it.

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 08:10 PM
It's the best team because he's on it.

And their record with him not playing is better than with him playing.

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
And their record with him not playing is better than with him playing.

congratulations, you've won the stupidest post of the year award

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
congratulations, you've won the stupidest post of the year award

Go look at their record when he's not playing from the past 3 years.

It's better when he's not playing than their record with him playing.

They are also -13 when he's on the floor in close games in the remaining minutes. Oh, so clutch.

You mad their record is better when he's not playing? Yeah, you mad.

Your Dad
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM
ajNC3W-Dlqk

Overated indeed.

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 08:22 PM

They are also -13 when he's on the floor in close games in the remaining minutes. Oh, so clutch.

Total games missed by Kobe in the last 3 years: 9

Strong sample size, u mad ur arguments are flawed?

JTrain306
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM

lolwut? he started 82 games in 08 and 09 and missed 9 games last year. 9 games.

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Total games missed by Kobe in the last 3 years: 9

Strong sample size, u mad ur arguments are flawed?

The last 2 years, he is -13 in closing minutes of close games.

What's your excuse for that pathetic figure? If he is so clutch, then how come he loses more than he wins when the game is close?

krocknw
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
damn this may just be the worst thread of the year and were only two days in.

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM

What's your excuse for that pathetic figure? If he is so clutch, then how come he loses more than he wins when the game is close?

Wait are talking about +/-?

dtbrehm
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Oh really?
http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh really?

Here are the facts: James has posted a mind-boggling 47.2 Player Efficiency Rating while averaging 48.1 points on 45 percent shooting, 10.9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per 40 minutes in the clutch over the past two seasons. Bryant? He checks in at a 37.6 PER, with an average of 44.5 points on 43 percent shooting, 4.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists. Statistically, James outperformed Bryant on the defensive end as well, averaging 1.8 blocks and 2.1 steals. Kobe, on the other hand, has averaged 1.6 steals with no blocks in crunch time.

James' teams have outscored opponents by 126 points in his 228 minutes of clutch play, debunking the theory that James is merely a compiler of empty stats; his individual play has coincided with winning basketball. Bryant is another story. Even with far superior teammates than James' former Cavs crew, Bryant has posted a minus-13 plus-minus in his 224 minutes of clutch situations. That is to say, the Lakers have, quite shockingly, been a losing team with Bryant on the floor down the stretch over the past two seasons.

These numbers reveal James' teams haven't needed last-second heroics because his monstrous late-game play pushes the close game out of reach, rendering a game-winning shot unnecessary. Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey once said, "Good teams don't win close games -- they avoid them." And the player who personifies that ethos is James.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&page=KobeLeBronclutch-101222

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232904154_dramatic%20lemur.gif

cramron
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Kobe is overrated but hes still great. Barely great but...great!

I think Kobe is transitioning. He wants to rely less on taking over and just be the guy that makes all his opportune shots. But sometimes he gets that mindset like hes 25 years old and he tries to dominate, it backfires often.

I'd like to see less Kobe and more Lakers. I'd like to see Kobe simply hit the shots that come his way. Maybe drop his pnt total down to around 22 and up his FG%. Theres too many options for the Lakers, no need for Kobe's selfishness anymore.

I believe the Lakers will be just fine..

BeatBrah
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Can we just be reality. Kobe isn't playing well right now but really the LAKERS are extremely overrated. Fish sucks besides the occasional shot, artest only plays defense, Pau is being a pussy but Kobe could get him more looks I'll admit. The bench blows plain and simple.

I'm a Kobe fan but you can't fairly say the laker team is anywhere as good as celts or heat.

Peace.

JTrain306
01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Lol Matt is a sheep and can't even check facts himself, instead relying on some article with wrong information

Matty is mad that Kobe > LeBron

MattMTheOnly
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Lol Matt is a sheep and can't even check facts himself, instead relying on some article with wrong information

Matty is mad that Kobe > LeBron

ESPN used 82games.com you moron, try reading kiddo.

JTrain306
01-02-2011, 08:54 PM
ESPN used 82games.com you moron, try reading kiddo.
lol you still didn't check the facts yourself

Matty madddd, silly sheep

dtbrehm
01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&page=KobeLeBronclutch-101222

The article you posted said their statistics were from the links I posted, but the links I posted show Kobe has a positive +/- in the clutch. Not sure where the author is getting those +/- figures from.

ChillinBrah
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Here are the facts: James has posted a mind-boggling 47.2 Player Efficiency Rating while averaging 48.1 points on 45 percent shooting, 10.9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per 40 minutes in the clutch over the past two seasons. Bryant? He checks in at a 37.6 PER, with an average of 44.5 points on 43 percent shooting, 4.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists. Statistically, James outperformed Bryant on the defensive end as well, averaging 1.8 blocks and 2.1 steals. Kobe, on the other hand, has averaged 1.6 steals with no blocks in crunch time.

James' teams have outscored opponents by 126 points in his 228 minutes of clutch play, debunking the theory that James is merely a compiler of empty stats; his individual play has coincided with winning basketball. Bryant is another story. Even with far superior teammates than James' former Cavs crew, Bryant has posted a minus-13 plus-minus in his 224 minutes of clutch situations. That is to say, the Lakers have, quite shockingly, been a losing team with Bryant on the floor down the stretch over the past two seasons.

These numbers reveal James' teams haven't needed last-second heroics because his monstrous late-game play pushes the close game out of reach, rendering a game-winning shot unnecessary. Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey once said, "Good teams don't win close games -- they avoid them." And the player who personifies that ethos is James.

[img]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1232904154_dramatic%20lemur.gif[img]

Thread never even mentioned Lebron till you brought him up, moron

ccj804
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Thread never even mentioned Lebron till you brought him up, moron

lulz this

someone always trying to spark a Kobe vs. Lebron debate.

TheVM
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
So true, lol at all the kobe dick suckers.

cramron
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
lets be reality, the old dogs are back! LA is in for a couple of dog fights against Dallas and SA if they wanna win it all.

This year will be hell for all teams to make it to the finals.

dtbrehm
01-02-2011, 09:12 PM
lets be reality, the old dogs are back! LA is in for a couple of dog fights against Dallas and SA if they wanna win it all.

This year will be hell for all teams to make it to the finals.

Mavs will be a walk for anyone in the playoffs if Butler is out for the year.

Be_Easy_25
01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
he's not the most overrated player ever.
that's rediculous.

but out of the top 5 or top 10...wherever u have him...he's somewhere in there.
out of those 5 or 10 great i'd say he is the most overrated.

and i only say that because out of 5 rings he only has one game where he's come up big and willed his team to a win in the finals....game 4 2000 finals against the pacers.
and no clutch shots in the finals...except for game 2 of the 04 finals...which the lakers lost the series.

you dont have to agree...but most people in the top 10 have a performances/ clutch shots where theyve willed their team to a win.

ClevageGobbler
01-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Kobe gets the job done no fun 81 pt. run son who else besides wilt the stilt can do that? That's what I thought all the haters caught up in Kobbler's poster for being poser we gettin' closer to dat 3 peat kinda neat to defeat two in a row now we need another for that tick tack toe trey in a row pick and roll with gasol hot like el sol haters can't feel the flow flowin from ugh one time for ya mind haters peace

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 09:38 PM
he's not the most overrated player ever.
that's rediculous.

but out of the top 5 or top 10...wherever u have him...he's somewhere in there.
out of those 5 or 10 great i'd say he is the most overrated.

and i only say that because out of 5 rings he only has one game where he's come up big and willed his team to a win in the finals....game 4 2000 finals against the pacers.
and no clutch shots in the finals...except for game 2 of the 04 finals...which the lakers lost the series.

you dont have to agree...but most people in the top 10 have a performances/ clutch shots where theyve willed their team to a win.

notsure if srs

see Game 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the '09 Finals

See Games 1, 5 (19 PT outburst in the 3rd Q), 6

and many more before those two finals

Be_Easy_25
01-02-2011, 09:42 PM
notsure if srs

see Game 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the '09 Finals

See Games 1, 5 (19 PT outburst in the 3rd Q), 6

and many more before those two finals

"come up big and willed his team to a win"

game 4 of the 09 finals is fisher.
game 5 of the 09 finals...the magic were beat from the jump ball.

the rest of the games are either losses or blow out wins.
nice stats in blow out wins isnt willing your team to win.
infact....dare i say it....its...its....its....

LEBRON-ESQUE
lakerfans amidoingitrite?

YIAMSOMEBODY
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM

Horry 7 rings kobe 5

Owned

Well, when you migrate to several different teams, chances are, you're going to win a time or two.

Strong herp derp on this kid.

YIAMSOMEBODY
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Can we just be reality. Kobe isn't playing well right now but really the LAKERS are extremely overrated. Fish sucks besides the occasional shot, artest only plays defense, Pau is being a pussy but Kobe could get him more looks I'll admit. The bench blows plain and simple.

I'm a Kobe fan but you can't fairly say the laker team is anywhere as good as celts or heat.

Peace.

Not sure if Apple Jacks.

You mean to tell me the Heat are better than the Lakers? Seriously, fukcing seriously....?

Their bench is trash dookie.

Celtics would give them a run, but nothing to be scared of.

KAYBEE24
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM
"come up big and willed his team to a win"

game 4 of the 09 finals is fisher.
game 5 of the 09 finals...the magic were beat from the jump ball.

the rest of the games are either losses or blow out wins.
nice stats in blow out wins isnt willing your team to win.
infact....dare i say it....its...its....its....

LEBRON-ESQUE
lakerfans amidoingitrite?

aint talking bout the regular season brah

sherm24
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
LOL at Phil after tonites game "Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team going one on one and takes the rest of the guys out" LOL!!!!!

Pslim23
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
LOL at Phil after tonites game "Kobe has to screw up the game and start energizing the team going one on one and takes the rest of the guys out" LOL!!!!!

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kobe

sherm24
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM
MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kobe

That goes without saying, Phils getting sick of his ****..i find it hilarious...just amazes me at age 32 he still does this crap...forcing the issue..9 shots for Pau in the whole game i think..again

Pslim23
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
That goes without saying, Phils getting sick of his ****..i find it hilarious...just amazes me at age 32 he still does this crap...forcing the issue..9 shots for Pau in the whole game i think..again

yea i question a lot of people saying kobe >>> MJ. letttuce be reality that MJ don't do that bs stuff. kobe is good don't get me wrong but he does some dumb stuff.

Reps n Sets
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM

TUmjkcRsLX4

81 points against the Raptors
63 point tear in 3 quarters against the Mavs
27 games with 40 point or more

then this epic performance to top it off in playoff

ACZnF87Iy84

Strengthftw
01-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Yall posting in a troll thread

jakobi
01-02-2011, 11:10 PM
no lebron is the most overrated athlete of all time... people kept comparing him to jordan but jordan has accomplished more than lebron...winning championships, finals MVP's, etc

lebron should be comparing to barkley, karl malone, etc..great players without a championship ring

DrStupid
01-03-2011, 12:57 AM
No, it doesn't... how can you honestly say that? Kobe has had -- bar none -- the best teams every single year, while Lebron has had teams of full of mediocre players. Lebron's second best player was rookie Daniel Gibson, who was both a spotty and streaky shooter. Kobe has had Artest, Gasol, Shaq, Odom, Bynum, and some of the league's primer players.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129163641&highlight=jordan

So we're gonna act like Jordan didn't play 6 seasons in the 1980s and never won anything until Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Julius Erving, and Larry Bird got old and retired? And please don't bring up the 1991 Lakers team... that team was on their last leg.

Greatest of all time couldn't win until everyone significant retired...?

/credibility