PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a eating plan.......

schwarte25
01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me with a eating/nutrition plan. I'm looking to build muscle but not really looking to gain alot of mass. I'm currently 210lbs and 5'11" I wanna make sure I eat the right foods for when I go to the gym I'm not wasting my time and burning up my progress with insufficient nutrients etc. I appreciate anyones help... Thanks

Sideburno
01-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Asking for a diet on here could get you a lot of flak.

You should check the sticky's they're good, especially this one:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

schwarte25
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I've been eatn a lot of eggs n lean meat n have cut out carbs cuz thts wht I've read to do cut all white carbs and take in good amount of protein etc etc but I'm confused on the carb ordeal I read to cut out carbs thn I hear to eat a lot of carbs n I'm alittle confused.... Also if u don't mind what's ur opinion on having a cheat day? Thanks...

Asking for a diet on here could get you a lot of flak.

You should check the sticky's they're good, especially this one:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

JungleCat
01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
I was wondering if someone could help me with a eating/nutrition plan. I'm looking to build muscle but not really looking to gain alot of mass. I'm currently 210lbs and 5'11" I wanna make sure I eat the right foods for when I go to the gym I'm not wasting my time and burning up my progress with insufficient nutrients etc. I appreciate anyones help... Thanks

Do you have any idea of your protein/carbs/fat/calories intake right now? If you don't know, you need to start tracking those first and then come up with your own eating plan based on those numbers.

determined4000
01-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I've been eatn a lot of eggs n lean meat n have cut out carbs cuz thts wht I've read to do cut all white carbs and take in good amount of protein etc etc but I'm confused on the carb ordeal I read to cut out carbs thn I hear to eat a lot of carbs n I'm alittle confused.... Also if u don't mind what's ur opinion on having a cheat day? Thanks...carbs need to be limited to the extent of the calories they are supplying
If you are gaining too fast (if trying to bulk) or not losing (if trying to cut) then carbs should be lowered

schwarte25
01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Do you have any idea of your protein/carbs/fat/calories intake right now? If you don't know, you need to start tracking those first and then come up with your own eating plan based on those numbers.

Yeah I started tracking my cal,carb,pro,fat intake right now im running about a 40/40/20 which is running about 2500 calories, 160 carb 160 pro and 78 fat I'm trying to limit my carbs at my last meal which sometimes is late due to my work I try to get no carbs in that meal. I been told to eat a candy bar or something of that nature right after my workout due to the fast carbs but I'm a little skeptical of that!!!! this is plenty for me to eat I feel comfortably full and don't feel as though I'm over eating does this sound like my research is atleast producing a somewhat organized plan. Thanks for your feed back I really appreciate it....

y0lked
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
eat healthy, rice chicken and egg whites

kmercurio
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah I started tracking my cal,carb,pro,fat intake right now im running about a 40/40/20 which is running about 2500 calories, 160 carb 160 pro and 78 fat I'm trying to limit my carbs at my last meal which sometimes is late due to my work I try to get no carbs in that meal. I been told to eat a candy bar or something of that nature right after my workout due to the fast carbs but I'm a little skeptical of that!!!! this is plenty for me to eat I feel comfortably full and don't feel as though I'm over eating does this sound like my research is atleast producing a somewhat organized plan. Thanks for your feed back I really appreciate it....

Should probably revisit your calculation of the macros here: 160 carb + 160 protein +78 fat = 1982 calories, not 2500, that can clearly make a huge difference. And yes, check in the stickies ;)

braggable
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
eat healthy, rice chicken and egg whites

Best response of the day. I wasnt going to post today, but I had to congratulate you on the info given here.

schwarte25
01-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey was wondering how u figured the calories without knowing wht I ate all I did was check wht I ate with the calorie chart I found online n used the nutrient tracker site wherever I eat. I haven't seen a formula anywhere based on the carb/pro/fat intake I would love to have tht equation cuz yeah I'm missn important things thanks for ur feedback everyone it also hlps my research it hlps me get the proper terminology for wht I wanna find thanks again guys

Buffering
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey was wondering how u figured the calories without knowing wht I ate all I did was check wht I ate with the calorie chart I found online n used the nutrient tracker site wherever I eat. I haven't seen a formula anywhere based on the carb/pro/fat intake I would love to have tht equation cuz yeah I'm missn important things thanks for ur feedback everyone it also hlps my research it hlps me get the proper terminology for wht I wanna find thanks again guys

4 calories per carb
4 calories per protein
9 calories per fat

take your bodyweight and multiply it by 17 to see the calories you should consume daily.

it's required by law to have the nutrient label behind the food you buy so look there to find how much calories/fat/carbs it contains & track it from there.

schwarte25
01-17-2012, 08:40 AM
4 calories per carb
4 calories per protein
9 calories per fat

take your bodyweight and multiply it by 17 to see the calories you should consume daily.

it's required by law to have the nutrient label behind the food you buy so look there to find how much calories/fat/carbs it contains & track it from there.

I got my book and my actual intake was 166.5 carbs, 180.5 prot and 86 fat and by going by that formula that comes to 2129 calories and i am definately deficiency mode on calories which as you all have stated
will make all others short as well that would explain why I feel kinda blah and drained now I need to fill in the gaps probably have to suffice with a gainer shake cause I full from my normal meals so this may be the next step
thanks again guys you're very helpful....

bruceabaldwin
01-17-2012, 08:55 AM
a simple tdee calculation, with light to moderate activity, not knowing your bf%, puts a range of 2800-3200...i would use this as starting point..