PDA

View Full Version : Did Tom Cable just save his job?

ZidaneValor
01-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry for another Raiders thread, but I thought this was a separate issue.

Early report this morning was that Tom Cable wasn't coming back.

Report: Tom Cable unlikely to return to Raiders (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/report-tom-cable-unlikely-to-return-to-raiders/)

By the recent standards of the Oakland Raiders, head coach Tom Cable has made real progress this season: The Raiders are 7-8 this year after winning no more than five games in any of the last seven seasons.

But apparently that progress isn’t enough.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Sunday NFL Countdown that Cable is unlikely to return as Raiders head coach in 2011.

The Raiders called Schefter a “false rumor monger” when he reported that they would fire Art Shell after the 2006 season — and then they proceeded to fire Art Shell after the 2006 season.

So don’t be surprised if the Raiders deny this report as well. And then don’t be surprised if they backtrack on their denial.

After busting the playoff bound Chiefs today, and with the 6-0 division record (although the Bengals were 6-0 last year too), Cable probably gets one more chance, right?

ZidaneValor
01-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Any opinions?

TheStack
01-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Cable is coming back 100% sure

The Raiders are the most secretive organization in the nfl, Shefter doesn't know sh*t

UAGreg
01-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Lettuce be reality

The real reason for the Raiders resurgence this year was Hue Jackson.

I'm fine with Cable getting the boot as long as they promote Jackson to HC.

Acevedo85
01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Lettuce be reality

this

whyumadson
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
i want cable and hue to be back. Raiders WILL BE a playoff team next year

GiantMonkey
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Lettuce be reality

This

I would like to keep everything the same, maybe look at a new DC.

The Raiders need to fix the right side of the o line, get a second cb, I like Champ, and get a #1 WR, I would love to see Vincent Jackson in silver and black next year.

They should make sure to resign Miller, Gallery, J Henderson, Seymour and Miller

leafs43
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Cable is a buffer between Al Davis and Hue Jackson.

Cable's role as head coach is crucial.

Covy1
01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Raiders had their ups and down...very young team...AFC west will be tight next season...the two keys are Vincent Jackson in SD and the coaching situation in Oakland...KC will be solid next year

whyumadson
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Raiders had their ups and down...very young team...AFC west will be tight next season...the two keys are Vincent Jackson in SD and the coaching situation in Oakland...KC will be solid next year

KC will be solid next year
LOL WUT?

they has an easy ass schedule

Covy1
01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
KC will be solid next year
LOL WUT?

they has an easy ass schedule

Young roster much? They will only get better this offseason

This team was not expected to contend this year but they trolled you all.

GiantMonkey
01-02-2011, 03:13 PM

I think KC will be hurt a lot by losing Weis. Other KC fans don't think it will hurt them as much as they think.

Covy1
01-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I think KC will be hurt a lot by losing Weis. Other KC fans don't think it will hurt them as much as they think.

Depends who they bring in. Not sure why Weis went back to college, he's had his moments in the NFL

ZidaneValor
01-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Possibly not.

Win against Chiefs not expected to save Cable in Oakland (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/02/win-against-chiefs-not-expected-to-save-cable-in-oakland/)

Despite Oakland’s undefeated AFC West run, the signs continue to point towards Tom Cable losing his head coaching job.

Longtime Bay Area writer Nancy Gay writes that the “word from Alameda” is that the Raiders will not pick up Tom Cable’s option for next year. The Raiders may not announce anything until January 17, when Cable’s contract runs out.

Earlier in the day, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said Cable was unlikely to return to the Raiders.

We think that Cable has overachieved to make the Raiders 8-8 and his team clearly plays hard for him. Owner Al Davis probably sees the Raiders as a team that should have made the playoffs.