01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
wut? lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5981463

magicmatt
01-02-2011, 11:35 AM
just saw this. wtf is the point of this? must be much more money

scotyg
01-02-2011, 11:54 AM
why did maryland fire their coach in the first place? dude had like a lot of bowl wins/appearances and was acc coach of the year

magicmatt
01-02-2011, 12:26 PM
why did maryland fire their coach in the first place? dude had like a lot of bowl wins/appearances and was acc coach of the year

players absolutely loved him too. no clue what happened. thought maryland was in the market for mike leach though, not randy

dweeegs
01-02-2011, 12:45 PM

I've heard that it's all about economics. Ticket sales have been declining like crazy. There are lots of open luxery seats, there wasn't a sell out game this year. But that's just what I've heard don't take my word for it

SwagMorris
01-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I thought the Maryland AD didn't like Ralph Friedgen.

Don't get the move for Edsall. He built the UConn program and seemed really loyal to them. UConn has top notch facilities, and recruits heavy in Florida (though their recruiting still sucks but could improve with more winning seasons). Being in the Big East, UConn has an easier road to BCS games. Maryland isn't getting past FSU in the ACC Atlantic for a while. Maybe Edsall is trying to take over the Maryland recruiting grounds, and would rather live in DC than Connecticut.

lrm546
01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
this is ****ing stupid... so ****ing mad. what's the point of firing fridge just to bring this guy in? if you fire fridge, you bring in leach or malzane. not ****ing randy edsall

MA5Bergey
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
this is ****ing stupid... so ****ing mad. what's the point of firing fridge just to bring this guy in? if you fire fridge, you bring in leach or malzane. not ****ing randy edsall

Edsall is a good coach. Singlehandedly built UConn from a I-AA team to a legitimite Division I team. 10 years ago they weren't even an FBS team and now they're playing in their second bowl game and have done so without the recruits that the bigger football schools get. Hate on UConn all you want, but Edsall is a damn good coach.

I don't see why he'd leave UConn for Maryland though. It seems like a lateral move really.

lrm546
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Edsall is a good coach. Singlehandedly built UConn from a I-AA team to a legitimite Division I team. 10 years ago they weren't even an FBS team and now they're playing in their second bowl game and have done so without the recruits that the bigger football schools get. Hate on UConn all you want, but Edsall is a damn good coach.

I don't see why he'd leave UConn for Maryland though. It seems like a lateral move really.

It's not that Edsall is a bad coach, he's just not Mike Leach who we could have easily had if we wanted. But our pussy ass AD didn't have the balls to make the hire and went with the safe choice, which is Edsall. There's absolutely no reason to fire Fridge just to bring in Edsall, you do that to make a big move.

GUTLESS