PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs ANYONE else

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Good thing TCU didn't have to play a team with greater than high school speed last night.

Teams from the SEC West that would beat them

AU (by 21 or more)
Bama (by 21 or more if they played like they did yesterday)
Arkansas (3-7 points)
LSU (toss up)

I think Mississippi State could give them a decent game, but they would lose. And of course (unfortunately) Ole Miss would get blown out.

Wisconsin's team speed is absolutely non-existent. The Badgers were completely exposed on defense (especially their secondary in the first half) as it was clear the safeties/cbs could not keep up with the TCU wideouts.

TCU you will always be a mid-major. Enjoy this (rather small) victory while it lasts and enjoy being nothing forever.

Big_Pete1000
01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
TCU looked damn good. I think they could hang with anybody.

Why cant anybody give TCU credit for a great season (13-0) and bowl win instead of saying how all these other teams would beat them?

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
TCU looked damn good. I think they could hang with anybody.

Why cant anybody give TCU credit for a great season (13-0) and bowl win instead of saying how all these other teams would beat them?

If TCU was in the SEC West they would finish 5th.

WK21
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
You must be upset that TCU is the best team in Texas this year . . .

Football_Lifter
01-02-2011, 10:30 AM
I didnt exactly see TCU blazing by wisco players last night....but they are a hell of a team. That's for sure, hats off to them

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 10:31 AM
You must be upset that TCU is the best team in Texas this year . . .

I hate Texas? And yes, they are the best team in Texas this year...that isn't saying much.

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I didnt exactly see TCU blazing by wisco players last night....but they are a hell of a team. That's for sure, hats off to them

are you serious? Look at how many sweeps Wisconsin tried to run. And look at how many actually worked (almost zero). The disparity in speed was completely ridiculous.

WK21
01-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I hate Texas? And yes, they are the best team in Texas this year...that isn't saying much.

Do you hate Texas?

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Do you hate Texas?

yes.

Big_Pete1000
01-02-2011, 10:35 AM

I doubt 5th. Maybe not first. TCU is a really good team. Great speed on defense.

Texan1111
01-02-2011, 10:47 AM
yes.

Then gtfo and quit creating threads and telling everyone your opinions because they're kinda retarded.

Or maybe you're just mad and venting and hoping someone will agree with you.

Cuchulainn
01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Good thing TCU didn't have to play a team with greater than high school speed last night.

AU (by 21 or more)
Arkansas (3-7 points)
LSU (toss up)

Then why aren't those teams lining up to play games @ TCU? If you are 3 TDs better the game location shouldn't matter and it would be an easy win that would help your SOS and BCS ranking.

College football parody is here, and has been for sometime. The only way to have a true champion is to have a playoff.

-=Zeus=-!
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Id love to see TCU's speed in madisons 10 degree weather.

batman15
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Id love to see TCU's speed in madisons 10 degree weather.

I'd love to see Wisconsin's team fat in Fayetteville's humidty in August.

Especially baton rouge. Those fatasses from cheese land would be dead the second they stepped off the 747. Instaheat stroke.

JTrain306
01-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Then why aren't those teams lining up to play games @ TCU? If you are 3 TDs better the game location shouldn't matter and it would be an easy win that would help your SOS and BCS ranking.

College football parody is here, and has been for sometime. The only way to have a true champion is to have a playoff.

Are you calling College Football a joke?

batman15
01-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Are you calling College Football a joke?

Lolololololllll. I noticed that too.

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 12:36 PM

you cannot be serious. You do realize the schedules are set like 7 years in advance, correct?

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd love to see Wisconsin's team fat in Fayetteville's humidty in August.

lmao, yes, the heat in the Ozarks is completely unbearable. Give me a break, I used to live in Fayetteville. It is not hot at all.

AriGhold
01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
mad longhorns fan is mad

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
mad longhorns fan is mad

can you read brah? I absolutely hate the longhorns. All Texas cares about is money. There is no reason why the face value for a UT football ticket should be 100 bucks to see them beat up on Rice at home.

This happens in the SEC as well, but not to the same extent it does at the University of Texas.

Backus24
01-02-2011, 12:44 PM
This game didn't come down to speed, it was Wisconsin's dumb ass coaches playing directly away from their strengths, and trying to be somebody they're not.

Wisconsin's coaching staff completely killed themselves in that game.

Their offense isn't built to break their RB's to the perimeter like other teams, it is to run straight at you. When they quit running cute pitches to the outside, and just turned around and handed the ball off, specifically to Clay, they were getting at least 4-5 yards a carry, and most of the time were getting 7-8 yards.

Credit to TCU for bending and not breaking, but Wisconsin then started passing on every first down, running something dumb on second, and faced third and long nearly every drive. Again, this isn't TCU's fault, it's Bielema's.

Also, not sure what their D coordinator was watching on film, but here's a hint, lining up 8 yards off the ball opens you up for easy pass plays all day. Not sure what they were thinking at all.

batman15
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
lmao, yes, the heat in the Ozarks is completely unbearable. Give me a break, I used to live in Fayetteville. It is not hot at all.

Clearly you weren't out there with me during two a days on that turf. Or were you?

Shortstop36
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM

AU (by 21 or more)
Arkansas (3-7 points)
LSU (toss up)

I think Mississippi State could give them a decent game, but they would lose. And of course (unfortunately) Ole Miss would get blown out.

Wisconsin's team speed is absolutely non-existent. The Badgers were completely exposed on defense (especially their secondary in the first half) as it was clear the safeties/cbs could not keep up with the TCU wideouts.

TCU you will always be a mid-major. Enjoy this (rather small) victory while it lasts and enjoy being nothing forever.

You must be kidding. For the most part they stopped one of the best running attacks in the nation. They beat the #5 TEAM. who beat OHIO STATE.

gtfo. with your "logic".

cheerupemokid
01-02-2011, 01:17 PM

If TCU was in the the SEC they would get a percentage of the BCS money every year as well as a percentage of the lucrative SEC tv deal. That would probably increase their funding something like 10 fold. As a result their facilities and recruiting (which is already pretty good) would be even better which would mean the talent gap that currently exists would not.

Because they're in Texas (a hotbed of football recruiting) if they were in the SEC they'd likely be one of the best teams in the SEC in short order. Kids could stay in Texas AND play in the SEC.

matiemcgee123
01-02-2011, 01:26 PM
What about when UTAH skull fricked Alabama two years ago?

southernstunna1
01-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Clearly you weren't out there with me during two a days on that turf. Or were you?

i see u played some pop warner in northwest arkansas, huh?

injectcelltech
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
OP is a longhorns fan

batman15
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
i see u played some pop warner in northwest arkansas, huh?

/Palmjpeg.face

Kovalchuk
01-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Haters Gon' Hate!