PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain something to me?

Bowyermania
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
How can Ingram do his Alabama "A" signature celebration with his gloves and also point to the sky and not draw a penalty for excessive celebration but when the kid from Kansas State did was salute the crowd, he gets the penalty which cost his team the game? Neither deserves a penalty but how come I don;t hear the announcers make that point. ****s ridiculous.

Texan1111
01-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Definitely disagree with the Kansas St call that was just retarded.

And not to mention how they never call penalties on Lesean Jackson.

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
How can Ingram do his Alabama "A" signature celebration with his gloves and also point to the sky and not draw a penalty for excessive celebration but when the kid from Kansas State did was salute the crowd, he gets the penalty which cost his team the game? Neither deserves a penalty but how come I don;t hear the announcers make that point. ****s ridiculous.

Because we are Alabama and we can do wha'eva we want.

Backus24
01-01-2011, 12:27 PM
It comes down to the referee squad that's calling the game.

They flagged OSU during the Michigan game for flashing an "O" that was specially made on their gloves.

Then Oregon used basically the same gloves and didn't get called.

They need to send a memo out to these officiating groups because there is no transparency at all with these stupid calls.

Even better, next year they get to take the points back off the board for these celebrations.

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 12:30 PM
It comes down to the referee squad that's calling the game.

They flagged OSU during the Michigan game for flashing an "O" that was specially made on their gloves.

Then Oregon used basically the same gloves and didn't get called.

They need to send a memo out to these officiating groups because there is no transparency at all with these stupid calls.

Even better, next year they get to take the points back off the board for these celebrations.

It's a subjective ruling so it will get treated differently by every crew. That's really the only answer you're going to get.

Backus24
01-01-2011, 12:32 PM
It's a subjective ruling so it will get treated differently by every crew. That's really the only answer you're going to get.

I know it's subjective, but it shouldn't be.

It now cost Kansas St their bowl game, luckily the OSU game wasn't close enough for the calls to matter.

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I know it's subjective, but it shouldn't be.

Probably right. But how do you define excessive celebration? Celebrating for a certain amount of time? Try to make a definition without any words that are open to interpretation.

Backus24
01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Probably right. But how do you define excessive celebration? Celebrating for a certain amount of time? Try to make a definition without any words that are open to interpretation.

That's not what I get paid the big bucks for brah, haha.

All I know is we went from "The U" to breakdancing as a team after score, to now we're penalizing a team for gesturing to the crowd, even when the NCAA approves gloves to wear and then flag them for it.

Next year we're going to start taking points off the board for it, I can't wait for teams losing games because of it.

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
That's not what I get paid the big bucks for brah, haha.

All I know is we went from "The U" to breakdancing as a team after score, to now we're penalizing a team for gesturing to the crowd, even when the NCAA approves gloves to wear and then flag them for it.

Next year we're going to start taking points off the board for it, I can't wait for teams losing games because of it.

I'd say just put a simple time limit on the celebration. Anything they can accomplish in say...5-10 seconds should be allowed. After that its just becoming an interruption to the game.

Backus24
01-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I'd say just put a simple time limit on the celebration. Anything they can accomplish in say...5-10 seconds should be allowed. After that its just becoming an interruption to the game.

Interesting take, I hadn't thought of a time limit.

Funny how someone on the internet can think of better solutions than NCAA employees making hundreds of thousands, probably more, who dedicate their working hours to it.

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Interesting take, I hadn't thought of a time limit.

Funny how someone on the internet can think of better solutions than NCAA employees making hundreds of thousands, probably more, who dedicate their working hours to it.

No word exists that will allow you to place a definition on what determines "excessive celebration" because "excessive" is a subjective term itself.

The only thing you can do is place a concrete and absolute restriction on it like time. As long as these kids are making obscene gestures to the crowd I don't see the problem. Pretty much every "excessive celebration" call has at least been unoffensive and appropriate for viewers.

fly4navy117
01-01-2011, 01:02 PM
It was unsportsmanlike because he drew attention to himself. Ingram is bringing attention to the team. Most of it has to do with the refs. That said, I think the call was the blown call of the year in CFB.

bmy-
01-01-2011, 01:05 PM
It was unsportsmanlike because he drew attention to himself. Ingram is bringing attention to the team. Most of it has to do with the refs. That said, I think the call was the blown call of the year in CFB.

how is a salute bringing attention to himself?

strong username to post content ratio lulz. that's probably one of the biggest blown calls of the decade tbh.

Covy1
01-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Because we are Alabama and we can do wha'eva we want.

Including blowing 20+ point leads to Auburn

Calhexas
01-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Including blowing 20+ point leads to Auburn

Unfortunately yes lol

fly4navy117
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
how is a salute bringing attention to himself?

strong username to post content ratio lulz. that's probably one of the biggest blown calls of the decade tbh.Don't ask me to defend that call lol. I thought it was miserable and had zero justification. That is what he got flagged for though.

scotyg
01-01-2011, 01:44 PM
i nearly had a god damn anyeurism.

every KU and Nebraska fan i see agrees that it was a bs call and we got screwed. thats pretty bad when your biggest rivals agree with you

cchar042
01-01-2011, 01:51 PM
If someone from Army, Navy, or Air Force saluted with the same officiating crew, not a single **** would be given.