PDA

View Full Version : Lebron To Back out of DUNK CONTEST (yet again)

neelb_24
12-31-2010, 09:16 PM
MIAMI -- LeBron James wants to be part of the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend. He's just not sure it's a smart idea.

One of the game's best dunkers, James acknowledged Friday that he often considers committing to be part of the field but then finds himself waffling.

James said at some points he tells himself, "Yeah, I'm going to do it," but then he thinks about the wear and tear on his body and reconsiders.

At the 2009 All-Star Weekend in Phoenix, James said he planned to enter the 2010 contest but then eventually backed off. This year's dunk contest is Feb. 19 in Los Angeles.

James noted that competing against the likes of Blake Griffin would be a challenge. "He's already got the home-court advantage," James said.

What a Vagina. Sounds like he just doesn't want to add another loss to his resume. Also lol'd at "one of the game's best dunkers"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5975215

Negatron617
12-31-2010, 09:18 PM
What a Vagina. Sounds like he just doesn't want to add another loss to his resume. Also lol'd at "one of the game's best dunkers"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5975215

wear and tear

yea man.....jumping really high 10 times for the dunk contest with no defenders can really beat you up

SgSpartan
12-31-2010, 09:19 PM
wear and tear...lolwut?

GPx
12-31-2010, 09:19 PM
lmao wear and tear, maybe he should sit out the all-star game too.

and maybe Lebron should stop hyping his phaggot ass up for these things and then not going through with them.

Liangtastic
12-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Whatever. Griffin would kill him anyway.

BrawnySwoleman
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Well I guess that might open up a spot for:

jsrnLfWIIrw
xbMfvhVS7yE
qz5yfw3XZrI

Brandman316
12-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Whats the big deal? As a Heat fan, I rather would not have him play. While the Dunk Contest is not as strenuous as the Home Run Derby, these type of All-Star events can effect stamina, and who knows, maybe he hurts himself during the event..

And how is he backing out? When did he say he was for sure going to do the event in 2011?

GPx
12-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Whats the big deal? As a Heat fan, I rather would not have him play. While the Dunk Contest is not as strenuous as the Home Run Derby, these type of All-Star events can effect stamina, and who knows, maybe he hurts himself during the event..

And how is he backing out? When did he say he was for sure going to do the event in 2011?

You want him to sit out the all-star game too? Pretty sure that's more strenuous than a dunk contest.

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 09:41 PM
had a scary thought about blake having a clipper moment and randomly busting the other knee cap if he goes through with the dunk contest.

hope blakes sits out as well.
unless i get a guarantee from God he wont slip on the floor and tear every ligament in his knee.

i dont blame lebron at all.

CumshotGuru
12-31-2010, 09:42 PM
I can't blame him. He's losing his athleticism as fast as he is losing his hair.

calblood
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM

jsrnLfWIIrw
xbMfvhVS7yE
qz5yfw3XZrI

do not want to long and tall

Negatron617
12-31-2010, 09:48 PM

damn bro

i fukt up

if only i didnt enter the dunk contest i would have enough energy for the stretch run of the season

i dun goofed

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 09:58 PM
He never said he was doing it this year, so how did he back out?

Strong LeBron hate ITT

deltbrah
12-31-2010, 10:04 PM
u guys are really really dumb, fo' real

dunk contest now is a popularity contest as fans vote,

how has lebrons popularity been since he went to miami...... yep thats right, he gets boo'd in every city (Cept miami)

so i doubt he would win, even if he competed against tony parker in the dunk contest finals

GPx
12-31-2010, 10:05 PM
He never said he was doing it this year, so how did he back out?

Strong LeBron hate ITT

"LeBron James wants to be part of the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend."

Then maybe he should stop talking about it.

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 10:07 PM

You're talking about it.

I guess that means you backed out too.

calblood
12-31-2010, 10:07 PM
lol why would anyone want him in the dunk contest. he sucks and he does the same dunk

GPx
12-31-2010, 10:11 PM
You're talking about it.

I guess that means you backed out too.

lol that's what you came up with?

Brandman316
12-31-2010, 10:13 PM
You want him to sit out the all-star game too? Pretty sure that's more strenuous than a dunk contest.

Honestly, I don't want anyone from the Heat to play in the All-Star Game...What benefit do the Heat get from having Wade/James play in the ASG???? The game means nothing...

SgSpartan
12-31-2010, 10:14 PM

then why don't he just stfu?

Brandman316
12-31-2010, 10:17 PM

He never said he was going to do it though lol, you're totally missing the point.

Example: "I want to **** an asian hooker tonight" .. Does that mean that tonight I am actually gonna go out and have sex with an asian hooker lol?

Sure LBJ has thought about doing the dunk contest, and at times wants to do it, but has never said for sure that he would definitely be participating.

GPx
12-31-2010, 10:18 PM
He never said he was going to do it though lol, you're totally missing the point.

Example: "I want to **** an asian hooker tonight" .. Does that mean that tonight I am actually gonna go out and have sex with an asian hooker lol?

Sure LBJ has thought about doing the dunk contest, and at times wants to do it, but has never said for sure that he would definitely be participating.

Kind of like he said he'd do it in 2010?

Brandman316
12-31-2010, 10:20 PM
then why don't he just stfu?

Because reporters who feel the need to interview Lebron after every game, practice, and breath keep asking the same questions..

Erik2806
12-31-2010, 10:20 PM
lol @ lebron making excuses..hes not even a top 5 dunker in the nba.

what a phaggot

Brandman316
12-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Kind of like he said he'd do it in 2010?

The OP said Lebron backed out of the contest for this year. As stated above, this is not true. No one is debating what he said and did last year.

Pslim23
12-31-2010, 10:24 PM
brb being under 6 ft and winning 3 straight dunk contest (nate robinson). not to hate on him but cmon there are wayyy better people then him.

dunk contest aint judged fairly and i dont really see lebron doing anything stylish.

if griffin in the dunk contest, he is all power. just gonna be like amare or dwight in the dunk contest.

we need people like baby AI, and stuff that has style to their dunk rather then power guys or guys that do the same dunk

the dunk contest is a joke when it comes to crowning a champion. (present)

trwilli24
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
lebron's over rated

Erik2806
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
brb being under 6 ft and winning 3 straight dunk contest (nate robinson). not to hate on him but cmon there are wayyy better people then him.

dunk contest aint judged fairly and i dont really see lebron doing anything stylish.

if griffin in the dunk contest, he is all power. just gonna be like amare or dwight in the dunk contest.

we need people like baby AI, and stuff that has style to their dunk rather then power guys or guys that do the same dunk

the dunk contest is a joke when it comes to crowning a champion. (present)
u mad nate robinson is the current dunk champ? yaaaaa u mad

athrun340
12-31-2010, 10:35 PM
wear and tear? playing 30+ minutes of basketball is more tiring to the body than competing in a dunk contest.

Pslim23
12-31-2010, 10:47 PM
u mad nate robinson is the current dunk champ? yaaaaa u mad

not mad just disappointed. felt other people were better then him.

it's more of a popularity contest then a dunking contest.

EDIT:

RYEiAdXPMLk

brb baby AI owning him everyway and he still loses

neelb_24
12-31-2010, 10:53 PM

that

Erik2806
12-31-2010, 11:02 PM

EDIT:

RYEiAdXPMLk

yeah... i mean nate is so popular because hes a full time starter and all and the face of the celtics.... (not srs)

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 11:35 PM
yeah... i mean nate is so popular because hes a full time starter and all and the face of the celtics.... (not srs)

I'm not even sure if you are aware that Nate wasn't a Celtic that year...

MikeLowry7
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Doesn't matter. It's gonna be the Blake Griffin Show this year regardless of who's in it.

stevematic
12-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Dunk contest has been sh*t since hSS9RJnZ4Ok

Weezy32
01-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I cant stand that guy anymore. Dunking 10 times , you are putting wear and tear on your body??? seriously ????

Mr_Peepers
01-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Somewhat of a LeBron fan here talking:

He is not a good dunk contest person. You have to be able to jump off 2 feet to be good in a dunk contest. He jumps off of 1. Free throw line dunks get old quick unless you're james white.

LeBron is a game dunker and that is it. NOT A DUNK CONTEST DUNKER

Cannonsex
01-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Just another thing KOBe and MJ has won and he hasn't.

http://collinorcutt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/michael_jordan_trophy_slam_dunk_contest2.jpg
http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/kobe-2.jpg

ClevageGobbler
01-01-2011, 01:52 AM

http://collinorcutt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/michael_jordan_trophy_slam_dunk_contest2.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/LeBrondance.gif

NukeDukem
01-01-2011, 02:15 AM
I drive my car 30,000 miles a year average, but I really can't stand to put the wear and tear on it that a quick drive to Wendy's would do to it. Sorry guys, we're eating Ramen this All-star break.

ManyBigGuys
01-01-2011, 02:29 AM
I drive my car 30,000 miles a year average, but I really can't stand to put the wear and tear on it that a quick drive to Wendy's would do to it. Sorry guys, we're eating Ramen this All-star break.

but you drive past wendys everyday on your way to work!!!!

inb4 1 hour decision on national tv to say that hes leaving his talents in miami.

sherm24
01-01-2011, 07:04 AM
and the phag haters come out to play again

YIAMSOMEBODY
01-01-2011, 07:52 AM

EDIT:

RYEiAdXPMLk

How Iggy lost that is beyond me. He came out with some sick sh** and didn't get it? Yeah, that's garbage.

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 08:13 AM
what a phaggot

JackedMan69
01-01-2011, 08:35 AM
He's a bitch and afraid he will disappoint.

chlaxman
01-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Who cares? He's probably going to be hungover from partying that weekend and wants to chill.

Do people actually watch the Dunk Contest anymore?

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Who cares? He's probably going to be hungover from partying that weekend and wants to chill.

Do people actually watch the Dunk Contest anymore?

His personal messenger has spoken! Lebron will want to chill during the weekend, therefore, he will be unable to participate during the Dunk Contest

Manletbolic
01-01-2011, 09:36 AM
lebron is black what's his problem.

jakobi
01-01-2011, 09:42 AM
why are you comparing lebron to kobe and jordan... kobe and jordan love to COMPETE....lebron wants a sure win......

Erik2806
01-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm not even sure if you are aware that Nate wasn't a Celtic that year...

im well aware...just making the point that nate winning had nothing to do with popularity like that other poster said. he beat fuking dwight howard in the dunk final in 09 ffs...u tell me who is more popular...

papishasho
01-01-2011, 09:54 AM
The dunk contest has become retarded...I knew that ever since Iguodala got robbed, now everyone just wants to see manlets do normal dunks and hand them the trophy

papishasho
01-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I cant stand that guy anymore. Dunking 10 times , you are putting wear and tear on your body??? seriously ????

lol this thread shows who has never dunked a ball with authority before

anonymous123
01-01-2011, 09:59 AM
lmfao @ even MORE lebron hate

you guys are seriously pathetic already lol and you don't even realize how pathetic this petty **** makes you look

camaleom
01-01-2011, 10:07 AM
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu68/MJPac/lebron_pussy.jpg

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
lmfao @ even MORE lebron hate

you guys are seriously pathetic already lol and you don't even realize how pathetic this petty **** makes you look

crying furiously/10

papishasho
01-01-2011, 10:31 AM
wear and tear? playing 30+ minutes of basketball is more tiring to the body than competing in a dunk contest.

Nah it's really not...it's harder on your body cardio-wise, but something you shorties used to layups and jumpers may not know is that dunking hurts. Dunking repeatedly in creative ways to please a crowd hurts even more, and dunking again and again practicing these dunks kills your forearms, wrists, etc.

Back when the dunk contest meant something it may have been worth it, but now it really doesn't mean anything, just a way for young players to make a name for themselves.

anonymous123
01-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Back when the dunk contest meant something it may have been worth it, but now it really doesn't mean anything, just a way for young players to make a name for themselves.

this x 1000000

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 11:05 AM
heat fans making excuses as always. you're telling me a guy with lebron's athletic ability can perform in a dunk contest? lol

Ecnewyx
01-01-2011, 11:10 AM

Except for in 2010.

The OP said Lebron backed out of the contest for this year. As stated above, this is not true. No one is debating what he said and did last year.

Okay, so we agree that he backed out in 2010?

The dunk contest has become retarded...I knew that ever since Iguodala got robbed, now everyone just wants to see manlets do normal dunks and hand them the trophy

Yeah, you get maybe one good dunk per event (if that). If LeBron doesn't want to do the contest just say that he's not going to do the contest. Everyone is just sick of him saying that he's going to do it, whoring the attention, and then backing out for no reason. But it's to be expected -- attention whores gotta whore.

Nah it's really not...it's harder on your body cardio-wise, but something you shorties used to layups and jumpers may not know is that dunking hurts. Dunking repeatedly in creative ways to please a crowd hurts even more, and dunking again and again practicing these dunks kills your forearms, wrists, etc.

Didn't stop Kobe and MJ from doing it. Didn't stop Dwight Howard from doing it.

anonymous123
01-01-2011, 11:25 AM
heat fans making excuses as always. you're telling me a guy with lebron's athletic ability can perform in a dunk contest? lol

no. he just doesn't give a **** to. it's just some contest to make no-names become household names (bit of an exaggeration but you get my point)

and if he DID compete and DID win, everyone here would be all over him because "omg if it wasn't lebron, there would be NO WAY those dunks would win!! wahhhh!!! this is staged!!"

/thread

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 11:41 AM
no. he just doesn't give a **** to. it's just some contest to make no-names become household names (bit of an exaggeration but you get my point)

and if he DID compete and DID win, everyone here would be all over him because "omg if it wasn't lebron, there would be NO WAY those dunks would win!! wahhhh!!! this is staged!!"

/thread

well it depends...he could probably win cause of his name and with sh*tty dunks and im sure many ppl would rage at that..

it's not like his game isn't due to the refs already

bking10
01-01-2011, 11:47 AM
the benefits to lebron for winning the dunk contest are not even close to the negatives of losing it. it can really only hurt him. and he cares too much about his image to risk it

but we all know that he could go there and do 6 awful dunks and still win

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 12:06 PM
the benefits to lebron for winning the dunk contest are not even close to the negatives of losing it. it can really only hurt him. and he cares too much about his image to risk it

but we all know that he could go there and do 6 awful dunks and still win

agree 100%, too bad heat fans are blinded by their "fandom"

NavyRoll
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
"wear and tear" from dunk contest

not sure if serious

papishasho
01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Didn't stop Kobe and MJ from doing it. Didn't stop Dwight Howard from doing it.

Kobe and MJ participated back when it meant something, and Dwight Howard was one of those young guys making a name for himself.

Yeah maybe Lebron should say phuck it I'm not gonna participate because the dunk contest has sucked recently...I mean how does this:

T85WnlYIwzs

get 45 points and a lukewarm reaction, but Nate Robinson can try some dumb sh!t like 15 times before making it and still win the contest over Iguodala? It's stupid now, it's a dumb event I still watch to see if it can ever recapture the feeling from back in the day, but it always comes up short.

Also, Lebron can't just clown on the event, it's an NBA event, PR wise you can never just say phuck it it's not worth it, same with participating in the olympics, etc.

I don't know why we're having this argument when Lebron probably wouldn't win this anyway, he's a power dunker, not a finesse creative dunker. He carries too much muscle on his body to move as fluidly as some of the other dunkers, and Blake Griffin is just a freak so who cares. He's probably winning.

papishasho
01-01-2011, 12:16 PM
"wear and tear" from dunk contest

not sure if serious

Stats: 5'5

You've never dunked ONCE, much less over and over slamming your forearms and wrists into the rim again and again and landing hard on the court from high up repeatedly, in practice while you're perfecting the dunk and again in front of the crowd. It's not like NBA Live where you press a button and it happens lol

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Kobe and MJ participated back when it meant something, and Dwight Howard was one of those young guys making a name for himself.

Yeah maybe Lebron should say phuck it I'm not gonna participate because the dunk contest has sucked recently...I mean how does this:

T85WnlYIwzs

get 45 points and a lukewarm reaction, but Nate Robinson can try some dumb sh!t like 15 times before making it and still win the contest over Iguodala? It's stupid now, it's a dumb event I still watch to see if it can ever recapture the feeling from back in the day, but it always comes up short.

Also, Lebron can't just clown on the event, it's an NBA event, PR wise you can never just say phuck it it's not worth it, same with participating in the olympics, etc.

I don't know why we're having this argument when Lebron probably wouldn't win this anyway, he's a power dunker, not a finesse creative dunker. He carries too much muscle on his body to move as fluidly as some of the other dunkers, and Blake Griffin is just a freak so who cares. He's probably winning.

would still pay to see lebron @ the dunk contest

AuDre11
01-01-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/71/miami_heat-haters_gonna_hate.jpg

sparkblade
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM
He throws really powerful dunks and he stretches his out arms pretty far but IMO they're not "flashy" enough for the dunk contest.
Who cares if he participates or not....

neelb_24
01-02-2011, 04:40 AM
bump

BXTT
01-02-2011, 05:44 AM

jsrnLfWIIrw
xbMfvhVS7yE
qz5yfw3XZrI

VOB04HvFewA

Lloyd Braun
01-02-2011, 06:19 AM
It's too late now. If he was going to enter it he should have done it earlier in his career.

CauseImSmaller
01-02-2011, 06:19 AM

T85WnlYIwzs

He has home field advantage since the allstar game is in LA this year. But I don't think he is a creative dunker, more of an in game dunker. Example: Shannon Brown last year. Great in game dunker, terrible dunk contest dunker. Get JR Smith back into the dunk contest PLllllleeeassseeee.

jakobi
01-02-2011, 08:21 AM
wear and tear?? LOL stfu.......... just another excuse....

Workout4ever
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Why risk getting injured when his team needs him?

Big_Pete1000
01-02-2011, 08:41 AM

T85WnlYIwzs

Shutup you ****ing phaggott

Lebron can dunk from anywhere and is the most athletic person for his size. Have you ever watched him play before this NBA season when you realized Miami had a team? He can do finiesse or creative dunks. The problem with lebron is that he hates competetiveness. He is too scared to lose at everything which is exactly why he does lose everything.

papishasho
01-02-2011, 08:52 AM
blah blah blah

Sorry I don't speak Ohio, can some bilingual phaggot from Ohio who also speaks English translate this for me?

Daewoo_Lanos
01-02-2011, 09:03 AM
ITT bottled up rage unable to be released due to the Heat's recent domination finds a new outlet.

cshugair23
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
wear and tear???? is this phaggot serious?

Daewoo_Lanos
01-02-2011, 09:29 AM
wear and tear meaning i want a long ass weekend to help recover from the grind of the season and since i have no choice but to play in the all-star game, i ain't letting sh-t else get in the way of my chillin/drinking/groupie orgy.

Big_Pete1000
01-02-2011, 09:33 AM

Sorry I don't speak Ohio, can some bilingual phaggot from Ohio who also speaks English translate this for me?

LBJ is from Ohio. We speak english in Ohio. Not used to it in the florida swamps I bet.

Once again for all of you phaggots on here: I am from Dayton. It is southern Ohio. Very close to cincinnati. I DO NOT LIKE CLEVELAND SPORTS. I DONT CARE THAT LEBRON JAMES LEFT. I ENJOY TO SEE CLEVELAND SPORTS LOSE.

I agree with much of the United States that the fact is that LBJ is a phaggott. He wants everything given to him instead of earning it. Much like how he might ride the cawk of Wade to a title since he can win one.

jakobi
01-02-2011, 09:48 AM
i guess they should ban nba dunk contests because they're "wearing" down the players

Why risk getting injured when his team needs him?

papishasho
01-02-2011, 09:49 AM
wear and tear???? is this phaggot serious?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20060409/ai_n16183950/

"Dunking is painful. There is a consequence for slamming one's hands, wrists and forearms against the rim. Falling from the sky takes its toll on the knees, endangers the ankles. That's not to mention the vulnerability of just being up so high."

"I guess the fame of the dunk is greater than the pain," Basketball Hall of Famer George Gervin said. "I was a dunker, so I know if you constantly do it, sooner or later it's going to put that bruise at the bottom part of your wrist. So they need to learn to develop that finger roll. I got tired of dunking, so I started rolling."

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said he used to bust up his fingers until they bled. New Jersey Nets guard Vince Carter showed off the marks on his right forearm, which he stuck inside the basket during his famous jam from the 2000 dunk contest.

"I dunk so hard sometimes," Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett said, "I can't feel my hand for a couple plays."

"One time," Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade said, "it hurt so bad I couldn't pick up a ball. You can mess yourself up dunking so hard."

The negative aspects of dunking do wear down players. Jordan, who took what Julius Erving popularized and turned it into a phenomenon, cut back on dunking because of his knees. A couple years ago while still with the Toronto Raptors, Carter vowed to stop dunking, but he hasn't kept that promise.

Take Richardson. He said he was intent on making a name for himself in his first slam dunk competition. He did, too, awing fans with his combination of height and power to win the 2002 title. It wasn't without pain.

"Banging against that iron," he said, "I literally had to wear a pad on my forearm for two weeks."

lol @ all these soft phaggots like George Gervin, Wade, Jordan, Kobe, Carter, and Richardson complaining about dunking being painful...

Michael Jordan cut back on dunking because of his knees haha MJ is now a confirmed punk...Lebron doesn't need to "make a name for himself" like Richardson did, and that's all the dunk contest is good for nowadays...I don't see Kobe still participating...it's all young guys with no other accomplishments.

porcupinetree
01-02-2011, 09:59 AM
The problem with the dunk contest is that there is only so much you can do that hasn't already been done many times.

I loved the dunk contests in the 80s because it was a new thing and we didn't know what was gonna happen. It was exciting. Fans were totally geeked up, especially when Jordan was going up against Dominique. There were a lot of creative dunkers back then. The competition was intense and each player went all out.

Eventually it just got boring. Jordan and Dominique stopped doing it.
The year that Kenny Walker beat Clyde Drexler was the beginning of the end. We all knew Clyde should have done better and should have won, but he choked it and Walker won almost by default.
Since then, the only contest that had any buzz and anticipation was the Vince Carter/Stever Francis one. And it did live up to the hype.

So the contest suffers because the best dunkers don't do it, and we've seen it all before. Plus, I think the rules change too much, players are allowed to miss too much.

Ecnewyx
01-03-2011, 09:39 AM

lol @ all these soft phaggots like George Gervin, Wade, Jordan, Kobe, Carter, and Richardson complaining about dunking being painful...

Michael Jordan cut back on dunking because of his knees haha MJ is now a confirmed punk...Lebron doesn't need to "make a name for himself" like Richardson did, and that's all the dunk contest is good for nowadays...I don't see Kobe still participating...it's all young guys with no other accomplishments.

Good find.

Again, if LeBron doesn't want to do the dunk contest he shouldn't have to. When he's asked he SHOULD just say that he's not going to participate in the dunk contest because he'll be playing in the All-Star Game, or doing the skills challenge or the three-point shootout or whichever other events that he's qualified for. Or even that he doesn't think his dunking style meshes well with the dunk contest.

But instead what he's done is attention whore to the maximum extent possible by agreeing to do it, or hinting that he'll do it, then backing out at the last second like slam-dunk contest cocktease.

Also Kobe did it once when he was a "young guy with no other accomplishments" so there's no reason for him to be participating again, lulz. Howard did it twice: once when he was a "young guy" (though already an all-NBA player) and again when he was an all-star and all-NBA first team selection.

anonymous123
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
He throws really powerful dunks and he stretches his out arms pretty far but IMO they're not "flashy" enough for the dunk contest.
Who cares if he participates or not....

Nobody gives a ****. LeBron haters just NEED something to hate on at all times.

NickA44
01-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Just one more trophy Lebron will never have

anonymous123
01-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Just one more trophy Lebron will never have

Lakers , Bobcats, Colts , Panthers
UNC , Gonzaga

lol wut

NickA44
01-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Lakers , Bobcats, Colts , Panthers
UNC , Gonzaga

lol wut

Born/lived in NC = NC teams
Lived in Vegas ... LA teams are our "home teams"
Liked Lakers since Kobe's rookie year (Charlotte almost had him..sigh)
Zaga since Dan Dickau's senior year
Colt were my 1st introduction to football ever when I was like 4 or some ****
Used to like the Hornets more than anything but they left Charlotte =(
Now we have the Bobcats

AuDre11
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
wear and tear meaning i want a long ass weekend to help recover from the grind of the season and since i have no choice but to play in the all-star game, i ain't letting sh-t else get in the way of my chillin/drinking/groupie orgy.
This. I heard the Kardashians are jumping boat and are gonna ****/root for Miami Heat players.
It'll be interesting to see who ****s which sister

ClevageGobbler
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM

I recall a time when LBJ sat out a game due to a sore thumb. Now that's soft. Soft as it gets, actually.

Gorilla99
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Born/lived in NC = NC teams
Lived in Vegas ... LA teams are our "home teams"
Liked Lakers since Kobe's rookie year (Charlotte almost had him..sigh)
Zaga since Dan Dickau's senior year
Colt were my 1st introduction to football ever when I was like 4 or some ****
Used to like the Hornets more than anything but they left Charlotte =(
Now we have the Bobcats

lmao this sht never gets old

Daewoo_Lanos
01-04-2011, 05:58 AM
lmao this sht never gets old

pretty much

inb4 oh my cousin from LA visited on christmas when i was 4. i've loved the lakers since.

AuDre11
01-04-2011, 08:24 AM
pretty much

inb4 oh my cousin from LA visited on christmas when i was 4. i've loved the lakers since.
This.

"hai guise, when I was 5 someon in a Celtics jersey waved to me and I have been the biggest boston fan ever since then. even thou i live in new mexico. Go pats!"

hahah Phaggots gtfo

Daewoo_Lanos
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
This.

"hai guise, when I was 5 someon in a Celtics jersey waved to me and I have been the biggest boston fan ever since then. even thou i live in new mexico. Go pats!"

hahah Phaggots gtfo

lol'd hard

abbh62
01-04-2011, 03:23 PM
u guys are really really dumb, fo' real

dunk contest now is a popularity contest as fans vote,

how has lebrons popularity been since he went to miami...... yep thats right, he gets boo'd in every city (Cept miami)

so i doubt he would win, even if he competed against tony parker in the dunk contest finals

don't think he cares if there winning...

neelb_24
01-05-2011, 02:00 AM
Griffin, Ibaka, Mcgee, and Jennings in the Dunk Contest.

.....Jennings participating even though he has a broken foot. He's unafraid of the wear/tear.