PDA

View Full Version : Mind = blown @ these Kobe and Lebron stats

KingCanuck
12-31-2010, 01:31 PM
Kobe has never averaged 7 or more rebounds per game in a season (14 year career)
Lebron has averaged 7 or more rebounds per game in a season 5 times (7 year career)

Kobe has averaged 6 or more assists per game once (14 year career)
Lebron has averaged 6 or more assists per game 6 times and the year he didnt he averaged 5.9 assists per game (7 year career)

jimbogr
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM
overrated bryant

-=Zeus=-!
12-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Kobe averages .35 rings per season
Lebron averages 0 rings per season

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 01:37 PM
robert horry = modern GOAT.

7 rings.
cant fight the rings.

trent dilfer > dan marino as well.
1 ring > 0

inb4jacknicholsonheadnod.gif

WeWannaChill
12-31-2010, 01:37 PM
did not read, completely scrolled past the first post.

let me guess

some random stat that somehow makes lbj > kobe

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

I hate you KC.

BeanieWells
12-31-2010, 01:39 PM
lettuce be real, kobe is a poor mans lebron

JTrain306
12-31-2010, 01:41 PM
lulz at scouring stats for 10 minutes after I made my thread so you could make another thread. At least LBJ has his precious regular season stats. You must be a Manning fan.

KingCanuck
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
lulz at scouring stats for 10 minutes after I made my thread so you could make another thread. At least LBJ has his precious regular season stats. You must be a Manning fan.

You do realize that King James playoff stats **** on Kobe's stats

brb averaging 29.3/8.4/7.3 PER GAME in the playoffs

While Kobe:

25.2/5.2/4.8 (http://i56.tinypic.com/30kc3nk.gif)

GetBigyo
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Landry Fields is averaging more REB than both of them.

Fields>Kobe>LeBron

killerthrilller
12-31-2010, 01:45 PM
kobe averaged 4 turnovers with those 6 assists lol

JTrain306
12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
lulz at your precious numbers

I bet you're including Kobe's early years when he got 15-20 mins a game and scored like 8 points a game in the playoffs

Your mind has been ruined by fantasy sports

Big_Pete1000
12-31-2010, 01:52 PM
LBJ is selfish.

Kobe is not.

Kobe is out to win and to not have great stats. If kobe wanted to score 30 points a game he could but it would be at the expense of the Lakers losing.

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
LBJ is selfish.

explain...

AlliWantisLulz
12-31-2010, 01:55 PM
LBJ is selfish.

Kobe is not.

Kobe is out to win and to not have great stats. If kobe wanted to score 30 points a game he could but it would be at the expense of the Lakers losing.

lol'd @ Kobe being not selfish

Lebron has been better than Kobe for a few seasons now

dtbrehm
12-31-2010, 01:56 PM

7 rings.
cant fight the rings.

1 ring > 0

Neither of them won a superbowl/finals mvp.

Kobe: 2 finals mvp
Lebron: 0 finals mvp, 0-4 in the finals, 6 turnovers per game in the finals.

FlexGunmetal
12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
You do realize that King James playoff stats **** on Kobe's stats

brb averaging 29.3/8.4/7.3 PER GAME in the playoffs

While Kobe:

25.2/5.2/4.8 (http://i56.tinypic.com/30kc3nk.gif)

Question: As long as you put up good stats and have fun who gives a phuck about championships??
Answer: Not Lebron phucking James

http://i54.tinypic.com/9tie4h.jpg

bking10
12-31-2010, 02:09 PM
i believe kobe had a quote that could apply very well to this thread. i will find it if i can

but he said something to the tune of. a great player isnt determined by the stats he puts up or if his team needs him to play his best to win. that the greatest players make their teammates better every day, every practice so that they as a team become great.

basically u can throw out all the stats u want, but Kobe is a winner and a champion. and lebron has yet to learn how to be one of those

WeWannaChill
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM

do you even know where dayton is?

he's probably not even a cavs fan.

bOOgie CurlZ
12-31-2010, 02:16 PM
i believe kobe had a quote that could apply very well to this thread. i will find it if i can

but he said something to the tune of. a great player isnt determined by the stats he puts up or if his team needs him to play his best to win. that the greatest players make their teammates better every day, every practice so that they as a team become great.

basically u can throw out all the stats u want, but Kobe is a winner and a champion. and lebron has yet to learn how to be one of those

qft

AuDre11
12-31-2010, 02:18 PM

7 rings.
cant fight the rings.

1 ring > 0

This. Any scrub can pick up a ring.

But it takes some skill to get back-to-back MVP's.

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 02:19 PM
but Kobe is a winner and a champion. and lebron has yet to learn how to be one of those

so is adam morrisson.
so is stephen jackson.
so is darko miliwhatever
so is memet okur
so is james posey.
so is mario elie
rick fox
derek fisher.

big effin deal.

u kobe trolls disgust me....if i bring up Jordan....ur going to tell me about how ****ty his era was and how bad kobe has it now dealing with defenses and zones...a retarded argument btw.

but when it comes to lebron...who didnt have one player on his team after him that was better than ron, lamar or pau....all of a sudden the toughness of this present era doesnt matter.

JTrain306
12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
This. Any scrub can pick up a ring.

But it takes some skill to get back-to-back finals MVP's.

true

Parlor_Mob
12-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Game. Set. Match.

krokaw7
12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
lebron is far and away the better player between the two. People want to compare rings is total bs. You put Lebron on the lakers teams from the last two or three seasons, they wouldn't have lost a single game in the playoffs. You put Kobe on the cavs teams lebron was on, they would struggle to make the playoffs. And lol @ the idiot who said Lebron is a selfish player and kobe is not. Kobe is a wanna be MJ but fails epically to replicate his performances in the playoffs (see NBA finals last year).

PieceAMind
12-31-2010, 02:33 PM

didnt kobe run shaq and phil jackson out of LA?

correct me if im wrong but didnt phil once say kobe is "uncoachable"

jimbogr
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
lulz at your precious numbers

I bet you're including Kobe's early years when he got 15-20 mins a game and scored like 8 points a game in the playoffs

Your mind has been ruined by fantasy sports

lol at including numbers from Lebrons early years when he was horrble too...

lol wait a second

Beasly3333
12-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Not surprised at all. Lebron is better so it makes sense.

Kobe is a ball hog and chucker.

cramron
12-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Kobe is poor man's MJ

Lebron is son of West

end of thread

KAYBEE24
12-31-2010, 05:11 PM
op is tied to lbj's nutsack

GPx
12-31-2010, 05:18 PM
so is adam morrisson.
so is stephen jackson.
so is darko miliwhatever
so is memet okur
so is james posey.
so is mario elie
rick fox
derek fisher.

big effin deal.

u kobe trolls disgust me....if i bring up Jordan....ur going to tell me about how ****ty his era was and how bad kobe has it now dealing with defenses and zones...a retarded argument btw.

but when it comes to lebron...who didnt have one player on his team after him that was better than ron, lamar or pau....all of a sudden the toughness of this present era doesnt matter.

Are any of the guys you listed the leaders of their team? Or how about multiple finals MVPs?

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

TPev
12-31-2010, 05:35 PM
http://peerdclothing.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kobe-rings.jpg

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Are any of the guys you listed the leaders of their team? Or how about multiple finals MVPs?

Stop comparing apples to oranges.

point is.
he has played on good teams.
brb shaq
brb pau
brb lamar

is it really fair to just use rings as an argument when lebron clearly hasnt played with a prime shaq? a big man as good as pau?...a ron artest? or a lamar odom?

no...it's not.
we've seen kobe with a lebron type supporting cast.

brb 2004-2005.
imagine lebron james winning only 34 games with lamar odom and caron butler on his team.
roflmao.
that's fair.

lovebbing
12-31-2010, 06:44 PM
LBJ is selfish.

your an overanalyzing ignorant douche.(srs)

Parlor_Mob
12-31-2010, 06:53 PM
point is.
brb shaq
brb pau
brb lamar

is it really fair to just use rings as an argument when lebron clearly hasnt played with a prime shaq? a big man as good as pau?...a ron artest? or a lamar odom?

no...it's not.

brb 2004-2005.
imagine lebron james winning only 34 games with lamar odom and caron butler on his team.
roflmao.
that's fair.

So you're saying with the team that the Heat has assembled now and in the future LEbron will win more than 5 rings and be finals MVP?

calblood
12-31-2010, 06:57 PM
lol at lebron being better thank kobe. the main difference is lebron is not a closer and chokes in important games brb getting swept by the spurs. brb getting shut down by the celtics and quitting

lovebbing
12-31-2010, 06:58 PM
lol at lebron being better thank kobe. the main difference is lebron is not a closer and chokes in important games brb getting swept by the spurs. brb getting shut down by the celtics and quitting

brb being on the lakers since i was 18

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 06:58 PM
So you're saying with the team that the Heat has assembled now and in the future LEbron will win more than 5 rings and be finals MVP?
completely plausible.

calblood
12-31-2010, 07:00 PM
brb being on the lakers since i was 18

brb needing kobe to win Olympic gold cause him wade and melo cant do it

ClevageGobbler
12-31-2010, 07:03 PM
Kobe 5 rings?

Parlor_Mob
12-31-2010, 07:04 PM
completely plausible.

Looking forward to witness that. I highly doubt it will, but you never know. It's just funny people always make these dumb threads though about who is greater when one has achieved more success than the other. Right now, Kobe is better than Lebron. There is no denying it.

Why don't people just wait and see what Lebron does 6 years from now instead of beating a dead horse.

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Looking forward to witness that. I highly doubt it will, but you never know. It's just funny people always make these dumb threads though about who is greater when one has achieved more success than the other. Right now, Kobe is better than Lebron. There is no denying it.

Why don't people just wait and see what Lebron does 6 years from now instead of beating a dead horse.

because we've seen prime Kobe fail at getting his team somewhere.
when he failed, we looked at his team.

when lebron failed to win the finals.
his team wasnt allowed as an excuse.

theres not a doubt in my mind that the lakers stand a chance to win the finals this year and add to kobes accolade.
but lebron is better and more dominant imo.

lovebbing
12-31-2010, 07:10 PM
brb needing kobe to win Olympic gold cause him wade and melo cant do it

i thought we were talking about lebron and kobe.

you fail

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 07:35 PM

The Lakers won 88% of the games this year that Kobe shoots less than 20 FG attempts a game.

15-2.

His own coach, owner, and best player on the team bags him for being a ball-hog.

jasondoinwork
12-31-2010, 07:44 PM
point is.
brb shaq
brb pau
brb lamar

no...it's not.

brb 2004-2005.
roflmao.
that's fair.

Sure, Kobe has played with better players (Shaq, Pau), but obviously THAT IS REFLECTED IN THE NUMBER OF RINGS HE HAS. If LeBron was sooooo much better than Kobe, wouldn't he be able to win championships with his inferior teams?

Dumbest argument ever.

Mo Williams 1x All-Star
Antawn Jamison 2x All-Star
Zydrunas Ilgauskas 2x All-Star

Ron Artest 1x All-Star
Lamar Odom 0x All-Star
Pau Gasol 3x All-Star

Oh, and I'd like to mention that Pau only had one all-star appearance before he ever even came to the Lakers.

I'd be an idiot if I said that LeBron's supporting cast was as good as or better than Kobe's supporting cast. But, LeBron's supporting cast wasn't as terrible as people may think. But since LeBron is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Kobe, shouldn't he be able to take his worse supporting cast and win the championship? Obviously not.

jasondoinwork
12-31-2010, 07:55 PM
The Lakers won 88% of the games this year that Kobe shoots less than 20 FG attempts a game.

15-2.

His own coach, owner, and best player on the team bags him for being a ball-hog.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/umadmiamiheat-kobebryant-1.jpg

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Here are the facts: James has posted a mind-boggling 47.2 Player Efficiency Rating while averaging 48.1 points on 45 percent shooting, 10.9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per 40 minutes in the clutch over the past two seasons. Bryant? He checks in at a 37.6 PER, with an average of 44.5 points on 43 percent shooting, 4.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists. Statistically, James outperformed Bryant on the defensive end as well, averaging 1.8 blocks and 2.1 steals. Kobe, on the other hand, has averaged 1.6 steals with no blocks in crunch time.

That's just an absurd level of production from both players, but James clearly has the upper hand. (And career-wise, James has the edge as well).

So the question then becomes: Is James selfishly piling up stats at the expense of his team's success?

It appears to be the opposite.

James' teams have outscored opponents by 126 points in his 228 minutes of clutch play, debunking the theory that James is merely a compiler of empty stats; his individual play has coincided with winning basketball. Bryant is another story. Even with far superior teammates than James' former Cavs crew, Bryant has posted a minus-13 plus-minus in his 224 minutes of clutch situations. That is to say, the Lakers have, quite shockingly, been a losing team with Bryant on the floor down the stretch over the past two seasons.

This is a critical point. Boiling down clutch performance to six last-second shots is an extremely narrow view of the game. The circumstance happens so rarely that it is virtually a trivial exercise in randomness. To put it in perspective, Bryant and James have played a combined 7,871 minutes over the past two regular seasons, and only 17 of those minutes were played when their respective teams needed a "big shot" (tied or trailing by no more than three points with the game clock at less than 24 seconds). That's 0.02 percent of the time.

These numbers reveal James' teams haven't needed last-second heroics because his monstrous late-game play pushes the close game out of reach, rendering a game-winning shot unnecessary. Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey once said, "Good teams don't win close games -- they avoid them." And the player who personifies that ethos is James.

sports. espn.go. com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&page=KobeLeBronclutch-101222

51-114

James vs Celtics: 44.7% FG, 26.8 points on 19 FG/Game, 9.3 rebounds, 7 assists, 2.2 steals, 4.5 TO

Kobe vs Celtics: 40.3% FG, 28.5 points on 21.6 FG/Game, 9.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 2 steals, 3.9 TO

Gasol vs Celtics: 47.7 FG%, 18.6 points on 12.8 FG/Game, 11.6 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.6 blocks, 1.8 TO

LeBron put up better numbers than Kobe(and had a better 'closing game'), yet the Lakers won. Some how James was a 'quitter' even though he did better, Kobe got Finals MVP even though it clearly should have went to Gasol, and Kobe gets most of the recognition.

Kobe is a good player, but it looks like you're just a LeBron hater.

jasondoinwork
12-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Here are the facts: James has posted a mind-boggling 47.2 Player Efficiency Rating while averaging 48.1 points on 45 percent shooting, 10.9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per 40 minutes in the clutch over the past two seasons. Bryant? He checks in at a 37.6 PER, with an average of 44.5 points on 43 percent shooting, 4.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists. Statistically, James outperformed Bryant on the defensive end as well, averaging 1.8 blocks and 2.1 steals. Kobe, on the other hand, has averaged 1.6 steals with no blocks in crunch time.

That's just an absurd level of production from both players, but James clearly has the upper hand. (And career-wise, James has the edge as well).

So the question then becomes: Is James selfishly piling up stats at the expense of his team's success?

It appears to be the opposite.

James' teams have outscored opponents by 126 points in his 228 minutes of clutch play, debunking the theory that James is merely a compiler of empty stats; his individual play has coincided with winning basketball. Bryant is another story. Even with far superior teammates than James' former Cavs crew, Bryant has posted a minus-13 plus-minus in his 224 minutes of clutch situations. That is to say, the Lakers have, quite shockingly, been a losing team with Bryant on the floor down the stretch over the past two seasons.

This is a critical point. Boiling down clutch performance to six last-second shots is an extremely narrow view of the game. The circumstance happens so rarely that it is virtually a trivial exercise in randomness. To put it in perspective, Bryant and James have played a combined 7,871 minutes over the past two regular seasons, and only 17 of those minutes were played when their respective teams needed a "big shot" (tied or trailing by no more than three points with the game clock at less than 24 seconds). That's 0.02 percent of the time.

These numbers reveal James' teams haven't needed last-second heroics because his monstrous late-game play pushes the close game out of reach, rendering a game-winning shot unnecessary. Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey once said, "Good teams don't win close games -- they avoid them." And the player who personifies that ethos is James.

sports. espn.go. com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/columns/story?columnist=haberstroh_tom&page=KobeLeBronclutch-101222

51-114

James vs Celtics: 44.7% FG, 26.8 points on 19 FG/Game, 9.3 rebounds, 7 assists, 2.2 steals, 4.5 TO

Kobe vs Celtics: 40.3% FG, 28.5 points on 21.6 FG/Game, 9.5 rebounds, 3.8 assists, 2 steals, 3.9 TO

Gasol vs Celtics: 47.7 FG%, 18.6 points on 12.8 FG/Game, 11.6 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.6 blocks, 1.8 TO

LeBron put up better numbers than Kobe(and had a better 'closing game'), yet the Lakers won. Some how James was a 'quitter' even though he did better, Kobe got Finals MVP even though it clearly should have went to Gasol, and Kobe gets most of the recognition.

Kobe is a good player, but it looks like you're just a LeBron hater.

Good thing LeBron is so good in the clutch. I mean, it's gotten him so many rings and Finals MVPs. Oh wait...

That would be Kobe.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Miami%20Heat/umadmiamiheat-kobebryant-1.jpg

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Sure, Kobe has played with better players (Shaq, Pau), but obviously THAT IS REFLECTED IN THE NUMBER OF RINGS HE HAS. If LeBron was sooooo much better than Kobe, wouldn't he be able to win championships with his inferior teams?

Dumbest argument ever.

Mo Williams 1x All-Star
Antawn Jamison 2x All-Star
Zydrunas Ilgauskas 2x All-Star

Ron Artest 1x All-Star
Lamar Odom 0x All-Star
Pau Gasol 3x All-Star

Oh, and I'd like to mention that Pau only had one all-star appearance before he ever even came to the Lakers.

I'd be an idiot if I said that LeBron's supporting cast was as good as or better than Kobe's supporting cast. But, LeBron's supporting cast wasn't as terrible as people may think. But since LeBron is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Kobe, shouldn't he be able to take his worse supporting cast and win the championship? Obviously not.

Iggy was never a real all-star, go check out his numbers the years he got it. He got it because the East had to have a back up center on the team, and the best centers were in the West. Mo also got it only because the real all-star got injured. Jamison? Really? A player that has only started a third of the games on the worst team in the East?

If you take Kobe off of the Lakers, they are still a contending team. They won the biggest game of the year last year with Kobe hurting the team.

The Cavs never won a single game where James did not play, where the Lakers record was better without Kobe last year. Cleveland went from back to back 60+ wins to the worst record in the East, and the 3rd worst record in the league.

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Good thing LeBron is so good in the clutch. I mean, it's gotten him so many rings and Finals MVPs. Oh wait...

That would be Kobe.

You mean Fisher and Artest?

jasondoinwork
12-31-2010, 08:24 PM
You mean Fisher and Artest?

Hmm... done arguing with this troll.

This troll just mad.

lovebbing
12-31-2010, 08:28 PM

god I hate annoying unoriginal phaggots like you

you were 10 when Kobe started his first 3-peat. find a better way to support him.....

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Hmm... done arguing with this troll.

This troll just mad.

By mad you mean all you can say to stats and proof that you're wrong is posting a picture and negging me calling me an idiot?

You mad. Too obvious.

jasondoinwork
12-31-2010, 08:44 PM
god I hate annoying unoriginal phaggots like you

you were 10 when Kobe started his first 3-peat. find a better way to support him.....

Red. Stop talking.

stevematic
12-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Jordan has only averaged 7 or more rebounds per game once in a season (15 year career)
Magic has averaged 7 or more rebounds per game in a season 7 times (13 year career)

Jordan has averaged 7 or more assists per game once (15 year career)
Magic has averaged 7 or more assists per game 12 times and the year he didn't he averaged 6.9 assists per game (13 year career)

MIND = BLOWN @ THESE STATS

krogtaar
12-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Kobe averages .35 rings per season
Lebron averages 0 rings per season

lol

deltbrah
12-31-2010, 10:06 PM
http://peerdclothing.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/kobe-rings.jpg

robert horry/thread

Erik2806
12-31-2010, 11:04 PM
didnt read ****...is phaggot OP seriously comparing rebounds between a SF and a SG?...lol.....

i fuking hate the heat and lakers but GTFO...

kobe > lebron

PATHETIC

DrStupid
12-31-2010, 11:17 PM
robert horry/thread

Robert Horry hasn't done it all with one team, he's never won a league MVP or Finals MVP, three titles came from LA then he transferred to San Antonio who were at the time going to win titles regardless of whether or not Horry played. He was never more than an above average player.

Kobe won all five titles with the Lakers, for a start. He's not chasing rings like Shaq, or Lebron.

MattMTheOnly
12-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Robert Horry hasn't done it all with one team, he's never won a league MVP or Finals MVP, three titles came from LA then he transferred to San Antonio who were at the time going to win titles regardless of whether or not Horry played. He was never more than an above average player.

Kobe won all five titles with the Lakers, for a start. He's not chasing rings like Shaq, or Lebron.

He didn't bag his management and an 18 year old Bynum when he was unable to make it past the first round, and asked to be traded until they got one of the best PFs in the league for a late second round pick and a few cigars?

notsureifsrs

Tiaios
12-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Kobe a standard of the NBA always being compared to a player -
*Iverson
*Tmac
*Carter
*Wade
*Lebron

"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess"

endofdays89
12-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Lebron has better stats than Kobe, but he isn't better yet. Kobe has many years of longevity and counting stats on him.

/thread

jasondoinwork
01-01-2011, 12:00 AM
He didn't bag his management and an 18 year old Bynum when he was unable to make it past the first round, and asked to be traded until they got one of the best PFs in the league for a late second round pick and a few cigars?

notsureifsrs

bertstare.jpg

Didn't know that Marc Gasol was equivalent to a few cigars.

MattMTheOnly
01-01-2011, 12:05 AM
bertstare.jpg

Didn't know that Marc Gasol was equivalent to a few cigars.

Marc was the late second round draft pick that no one knew was going to amount to anything.

If people thought he was going to even be HALF of what he was, he wouldn't have been one of the last picks in the second round.

I really hope you aren't trying to say the Pau trade wasn't rigged.

bertstare.png

*facepalm* at you not even knowing Marc was the late second round pick int he trade.

jasondoinwork
01-01-2011, 12:13 AM
Marc was the late second round draft pick that no one knew was going to amount to anything.

If people thought he was going to even be HALF of what he was, he wouldn't have been one of the last picks in the second round.

I really hope you aren't trying to say the Pau trade wasn't rigged.

bertstare.png

*facepalm* at you not even knowing Marc was the late second round pick int he trade.

It doesn't matter if he was a late second round pick.

Marc Gasol is EASILY a top 5 center in the Western Conference, quite possibly top 5 in the league overall (Dwight, Bogut, Horford, and Noah are the only ones I can legitimately say for sure are better than Gasol; won't include Duncan and Amare b/c they are really PFs; Brook, Bargnani, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, and Nene are in the discussion along with Gasol to round out the top 5).

Lakers were handed a gift, sure. But Memphis got in return a big expiring contract and a legitimate 7 foot 1 center, and they gave away a player who almost EVERYONE in Memphis hated (Memphis fans were booing Pau, they felt they would get nowhere with Pau leading them, they were right, Pau is a 2nd option at best, he's found his niche playing besides Kobe).

SuperAlphaForce
01-01-2011, 12:23 AM

Marc Gasol is EASILY a top 5 center in the Western Conference, quite possibly top 5 in the league overall (Dwight, Bogut, Horford, and Brook are the only ones I can legitimately say for sure are better than Gasol; won't include Duncan and Amare b/c they are really PFs; Bargnani, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, and Nene are in the discussion along with Gasol to round out the top 5).

Lakers were handed a gift, sure. But Memphis got in return a big expiring contract and a legitimate 7 foot 1 center, and they gave away a player who almost EVERYONE in Memphis hated (Memphis fans were booing Pau, they felt they would get nowhere with Pau leading them, they were right, Pau is a 2nd option at best, he's found his niche playing besides Kobe).

notsureifsrs gasol is putting up average numbers on a bad team

you didnt even mention noah? camby? you went full retard

MattMTheOnly
01-01-2011, 01:02 AM

Marc Gasol is EASILY a top 5 center in the Western Conference, quite possibly top 5 in the league overall (Dwight, Bogut, Horford, and Noah are the only ones I can legitimately say for sure are better than Gasol; won't include Duncan and Amare b/c they are really PFs; Brook, Bargnani, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, and Nene are in the discussion along with Gasol to round out the top 5).

That's the longest excuse of the rigged trade I've ever saw posted. Kobe cries about not making it past the first round, and asks to be traded but gets rigged trades in return.

LeBron is playing on a team that would be the worst in the conference without him(we now have proof of that too) and had TERRIBLE management(we HAD proof of that already before he even left), and left the team.

Yet that makes LeBron ring chasing. Strong LeBron hate.

jasondoinwork
01-01-2011, 01:31 AM
notsureifsrs gasol is putting up average numbers on a bad team

you didnt even mention noah? camby? you went full retard
I missed two centers, sorry. I went back and realized I missed Noah and edited my post before you even posted yours (check times), but Camby totally skipped my mind. Kind of hard to name every single good center off the top of my head while not wanting to spend 5 minutes on my post.

Anyways, you do realize that Memphis was 40-42 last year playing in a tough Western Conference, and were in playoff contention for the majority of the year? And how is Marc putting up good numbers on a ****ty team any different from Pau putting up good numbers on ****ty Memphis teams in the past? It's the EXACT, SAME, THING. The only difference is that Pau got a change of teams to a contender, put up similar numbers, and then he's considered "great." Marc can be traded to a contender today and put up similar numbers and he could get the same treatment as his brother.

By the way, Marc put up 14.6 points, 9.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1 steal, 1.6 blocks, and 58.1% FG, while being the FOURTH option on his team behind Randolph, Gay, and Mayo. This year he was battling a few injuries, which explains his drop in numbers. And Memphis is only 2.5 games behind the 8th seed in the West.

That's the longest excuse of the rigged trade I've ever saw posted. Kobe cries about not making it past the first round, and asks to be traded but gets rigged trades in return.

LeBron is playing on a team that would be the worst in the conference without him(we now have proof of that too) and had TERRIBLE management(we HAD proof of that already before he even left), and left the team.

Yet that makes LeBron ring chasing. Strong LeBron hate.
Didn't realize that Marc + expiring contract for Pau was such a rigged trade.

Anyways, Kobe laughs at you with his handful (literally, a full hand) of rings.

NukeDukem
01-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Statbuilder versus competitor

Future24
01-01-2011, 02:19 AM

7 rings.
cant fight the rings.

1 ring > 0

You have the mental capacity of a 3rd grader. Please shut up when adults are talking.

deltbrah
01-01-2011, 04:17 AM

by that logic,

Shaq > Kobe

shaq: 3 finals mvps

kobe: 2 finals mvps

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 05:51 AM
by that logic,

Shaq > Kobe

shaq: 3 finals mvps

kobe: 2 finals mvps

This is about Lebron v. Kobe, not Shaq v. Kobe

but if you will....

Shaq, when they won the 3 titles, was 55% of the team, while Kobe was 45%. Shaq was only slightly better.

With these last two titles that Kobe's won, Kobe was 70% of the team, while Gasol was 30%.

Therefore, Kobe has had greater impact on winning all those titles than Shaq. Shaq couldn't win without 2 of the best SG's in the league.

Kobe won 2 titles with a PF that only became good after he came to the Lakers

eskyhoneybeev2
01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
I like it how Kobe can have these kind of achievements to his name

Most Amount of 3's in a row in a game (9) that is 9 fkin 3's without missing!!!

Most 3's scored in a game including overtime (12 i think)

2nd highest scoring game in history (81 points)

yet when it comes to rings he just got lucky.....

LBJ is proof himself you cannot win rings on your own, Kobe couldn't, LBJ couldn't.

Bulls got close without jordan, but they needed jordan because he was part of the team. It is just so illogical to think one player should be doing everything. This shot right here is why kobe has his achievements, full confidence in himself.
ExnX5h4mjCM

efficiency looks nice on paper but it means jacksh!t if you can't stand up under pressure, which is why Kobe and Fisher are true champion players

deltbrah
01-01-2011, 06:19 AM
This is about Lebron v. Kobe, not Shaq v. Kobe

but if you will....

Shaq, when they won the 3 titles, was 55% of the team, while Kobe was 45%. Shaq was only slightly better.

With these last two titles that Kobe's won, Kobe was 70% of the team, while Gasol was 30%.

Therefore, Kobe has had greater impact on winning all those titles than Shaq. Shaq couldn't win without 2 of the best SG's in the league.

Kobe won 2 titles with a PF that only became good after he came to the Lakers

these percentages are actual stats i can find on nba.com, or are they just numbers you pulled straight from your arse

word of advice you cant just say random **** (with no statistical evidence), and pretend like its fact...

this is you right now kaybee

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

KAYBEE24
01-01-2011, 08:09 AM
these percentages are actual stats i can find on nba.com, or are they just numbers you pulled straight from your arse

word of advice you cant just say random **** (with no statistical evidence), and pretend like its fact...

this is you right now kaybee

lose some weight first phaggot

deltbrah
01-01-2011, 08:22 AM
lose some weight first phaggot

http://i47.tinypic.com/35jht7c.jpg

at comeback

lol ohh and strong unaware of avi

CR123
01-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Jordan only averaged 6 or more assists 3 times in 15 years

so LBJ>MJ

right?

MattMTheOnly
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM
lol at the neg train Laker fans are doing when you post material proving them wrong.

Reporting it now, so more of them will just stay banned for rep trading/neg training.