PDA

View Full Version : Denver and Melo on crack?

LongLefty
12-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Just read where a league source said that the Denver Nuggets wanted 5 future first round picks from New Jersey for 'Melo. Are teams actually this dumb? NJ is no where near making the playoffs this year, so why wouldn't you wait a week before the trade deadline, where Denver would be more desperate to make a deal or lose him to free agency. With New York playing well, they seem to have backed off on breaking the bank for Melo, NJ is a cinch to get him. Pretty much the reason why Troy Murphy hasn't got off the bench this year cuz they want to deal him to Denver and fear he and his 11 mil expiring contract will get hurt. Can't wait to see Melo go from a 50 win team to a 20 win team. Should be fun to watch him sulk at least lol

sabonis224
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
he doesn't have to sign there though if he doesn't want to

kryptic
12-31-2010, 09:46 AM
idk why he would want to leave denver is a sick place to live and they could potentially bring in some solid players around him

anonymous123
12-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Why the **** would he wanna leave Denver to go to NJ? I mean, the Knicks I can understand if he's looking to win a ring, but why NJ? Literally makes no sense and he's just moving backwards.

evilsteve02
12-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Why the **** would he wanna leave Denver to go to NJ? I mean, the Knicks I can understand if he's looking to win a ring, but why NJ? Literally makes no sense and he's just moving backwards.

NY is nowhere near winning a Championship (need a new coach for starters..can't win a championship giving up 200 points a game). He is probably better off in Denver. Between the Knicks and Jersey...i would rather go to Jersey. I think they have a better makeup of young talent. Knicks have the same lame team they had before with Amari...big deal.

anonymous123
12-31-2010, 11:38 AM
NY is nowhere near winning a Championship (need a new coach for starters..can't win a championship giving up 200 points a game). He is probably better off in Denver. Between the Knicks and Jersey...i would rather go to Jersey. I think they have a better makeup of young talent. Knicks have the same lame team they had before with Amari...big deal.

They've already made a huge increase after they got Amare

You don't think adding one of the best SFs in the game to their team will improve them a bit more? And FUUUUUCK @ thought of them getting CP3 too

brb_ballin
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM
dunno why he'd want to leave Denver.. other then its not a big basketball market.

It's a great city to live in and they have a solid squad.. but not really a contender

tmc.
12-31-2010, 11:43 AM

lmfao, really not sure if serious...

GetBigyo
12-31-2010, 11:55 AM

facepalm

icarly
12-31-2010, 12:12 PM
his wife wants to go to New York

that is the argument to end all arguments

evilsteve02
12-31-2010, 12:14 PM
lmfao, really not sure if serious...

no i am serious. Knick blow, always will. If you think they can win a championship by not playing defense, hats off to you...but it's not possible in reality.

evilsteve02
facepalm

teardrop

icarly
no i am serious. Knick blow, always will. If you think they can win a championship by not playing defense, hats off to you...but it's not possible in reality.

sad but true coming from a knicks fan

calblood
12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Why the hell would melo resign with the nets. He said him self he wants a team like lebron. Only way nets get melo is if they get chris paul

calblood
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM

This they had small forwards checking Dwight yesterday is this real life

nForced
12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
everyone neg evilsteve,,,

do you watch basketball? do you watch any knicks games? knicks are a massive improvement since amare joined,,, not just in what he brings to the table but everyone is stepping there game up, becuase they now have hope, felton, gallanari, chandler all good talents, that have shown this season what they are capable of (ok theyre not as consistant as needed)...

An addition of melo would be a real good ****ing boost for the knicks, and would make the knicks not only stronger but deeper (chandler of the bench)

Alot of there last games have been close loses or wins, give them melo and a season to practise, and theyll be a solid team

nForced
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I just checked some player stats and pretty much all the team are playing above their career averages in EVERY statistic lol

WeWannaChill
12-31-2010, 12:38 PM

a) trolling
b) delusional

AND I agree with your posts 99.9% of the time and am not a Knicks fan.

LongLefty
01-01-2011, 08:06 AM
his wife wants to go to New York

that is the argument to end all arguments

haha so true, end the strife, happy wife, happy life.

they have improved, but will not win a championship for sure. Much to my surprise, Ray Felton is the key moreover than Amare IMO. Biggest difference is that they are rebounding at all positions this year, which never happened in prior years with D'Antoni in NY.

I just checked some player stats and pretty much all the team are playing above their career averages in EVERY statistic lol

Except for Amare I bet, but up tempo jackin up shots within 7 seconds will do that. I'm sure everyone's FG% is the same, I'd only think that 'career average' statistic would be relevant if it were like rebound per rebound attempt etc. Otherwise it's just the fact that they are getting more opportunities because of the short shot clock.

JackedMan69
01-01-2011, 09:28 AM

Umm if they get Melo they will be very close to winning a championship. They'd be a top 5 team in the league easily.