PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest just cemented himself as the biggest RL sports troll

Srs Thread
12-31-2010, 08:23 AM
...http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/34711/ron-artest-wants-to-play-te-for-the-jets

Ron Artest want to play Tight End for the Jets

I must apologize to my readers.

Perhaps I imbibed too much eggnog last week and was enraptured by all those Burl Ives tunes, but amid all my Christmas mirth I missed one of the greatest stories of the year.

ArtestVolatile basketball star Ron Artest announced he wants to play tight end for the New York Jets.

What could go wrong?

Artest was a guest on "Pardon the Interruption" two days before Christmas. He has been making the media rounds for mental health awareness. Insert your own Jets joke here.

Maybe there's room in the organization for someone with scandal experience. Artest, a 6-foot-7 Los Angeles Lakers forward, has been involved in many wacky incidents over the years, most infamously the 2004 brawl with fans in Detroit. Artest is the subject of a Toronto art exhibit that focuses on his history of outlandish behavior.

"PTI" co-host Tony Kornheiser asked how serious Artest is about the NFL.

"It's definitely an ambition," Artest said. "I think you only live once if I'm not mistaken. I wish I lived twice. So any time I have a chance to take advantage ... still being athletic enough, when you think about my dreams as a kid -- boxing, playing football -- you think about certain things. You think 'If I had the opportunity to play, why not take advantage of it? Why let it sit on the table?

"If there's a possibility, and if I do get a chance, you won't see Ron Artest saying 'Nah, I'll pass.' You'll see Ron Artest saying 'I wan to see if I can do it.' "

Artest turned 31 in November and hails from Queens. He's a longtime Jets fan.

"If I did get the opportunity I would not have a preference for a team because I'm not good enough where I can say I want to play for a particular team," Artest said. "But in a perfect world it would be the Jets, tight end for the Jets."

Basketball players sometimes make great tight ends. San Diego Chargers star Antonio Gates played basketball -- and no football -- at Kent State. Tony Gonzalez, a future Hall of Famer with the Atlanta Falcons, played college hoops.

The Jets experimented with Cleveland State power forward J'Nathan Bullock last year, but he couldn't make the team.

Last year, I examined what kind of football player Lebron James would've been had he gone that route. James was an All-Ohio receiver as high school sophomore, and some NFL observers quoted in the story projected him as a star tight end.

jcrue11
12-31-2010, 08:28 AM
Why not give him a shot to come into training camp and see what he can do? If he sucks, he doesn't make the team, would be an interesting story atleast.

Fastforward7
12-31-2010, 09:21 AM
I seriously love Ron Ron. Can you imagiine an athlete who would be cooleer to grab a beer with?

jimbogr
12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
I seriously love Ron Ron. Can you imagiine an athlete who would be cooleer to grab a beer with?

Lebron James

AuDre11
12-31-2010, 01:32 PM
John McEnroe

/thread

FlexGunmetal
12-31-2010, 01:33 PM

Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton, and Phillip Rivers would be lulz to get ****faced with.

AXnyc
12-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Lebron James

Negged

Be_Easy_25
12-31-2010, 01:42 PM
dlatS54e6_s

lol at kevin johnson and doc rivers.
if u cant appreciate the lulz of greg anthony in street clothes pls go.

this was in a quest to find the detroit brawl.
so it sort of applies.

mosy28
12-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Lebron James

You would have to pay him $10,000 first.

PitBillSoxFan
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Why not give him a shot to come into training camp and see what he can do? If he sucks, he doesn't make the team, would be an interesting story atleast.

notsureifsrs.com

Most of these guys have in their contracts that they aren't allowed to play pick up flag football games without voiding their contract. You think the Lakers would allow him to play football...?

scotyg
12-31-2010, 02:16 PM
Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton, and Phillip Rivers would be lulz to get ****faced with.

jake plummer defintely, dude just doesnt give a ****

GeorgeCarlinJr
12-31-2010, 02:34 PM

lulz i doubt rivers even drinks, the guy doesn't even curse

WeWannaChill
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
notsureifsrs.com

Most of these guys have in their contracts that they aren't allowed to play pick up flag football games without voiding their contract. You think the Lakers would allow him to play football...?

sorry, but you're pretending we're talking about a normal person.

ronron would peace the lakers to start for the jets

AlliWantisLulz
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
once Ron Artest won a championship...it seems he doesn't care about playing basketball no more lulz

PitBillSoxFan
12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
sorry, but you're pretending we're talking about a normal person.

ronron would peace the lakers to start for the jets

claiming you wanna be a rapper =/= claiming you wanna play in the NFL

deeezyyy
12-31-2010, 02:59 PM
ron ron always seemed like a football player to me...

Sublime88
12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Inb4 ron is banging Rex ryans wife.... While smelling feet