PDA

View Full Version : Falcons fan take on the MNF game

BeauJ
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Even though it was a loss, it was one of the better MNF games I've watched in a while. Both teams were ready, came down to the wire and an elite QB showed why he got the Saints a ring last year.

Both had turnovers and made one count for both sides. I was really discounting the saints secondary, but they are for real. Ryan was uncomfortable all night even when there was no pressure. As for Ryan and the short yards per attempt, it's on him, but more is on the saints d, mike mularkey and no deep threat besides Roddy who was covered all night. As a realistic fan also, I've never said he was elite. We all know the elites. He's good, but not elite. He's also still learning in his third season.

That was the best I've seen the Falcons d play in a long long time against a legit team. But in the end, Brees picked them apart. The Falcons have a weak secondary but looked good due to the pass rush for those saying the Falcons have a "good" d. They are middle of the pack and rely on the bend don't break garbage.

With a Falcons win next week, chances are they'll have a rematch for when it really counts. But props to the Saints, they were clutch when the needed to be and got the W.

BringtheNoise
12-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Chauncey Davis is a good friend of mine. That was his second MNF td of his career. Not bad for a DE.

MJK
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I think the Falcons should be ok. In my opinion and Interested on your take since you follow this team close, I feel they are 1 year ahead of schedule, agree?

BeauJ
12-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I think the Falcons should be ok. In my opinion and Interested on your take since you follow this team close, I feel they are 1 year ahead of schedule, agree?

Barring serious injuries next season, they are a good WR and Pass rusher from being legit in the playoff runs for a couple of seasons, all homerism aside. I think they are right on schedule