PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo's season is now officially over.

ZidaneValor
12-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Tony Romo’s season will finally end Tuesday (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/21/tony-romos-season-will-finally-end-tuesday/)

Just under two months after Tony Romo broke his collarbone, the Cowboys have finally given up on their quarterback returning this season.

Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com reports that Romo will be placed on injured reserve Tuesday. The Cowboys have gone 4-4 without Romo, including a 4-2 mark since Jason Garrett took over as interim head coach.

Romo has three years left on his contract and will be back as the team’s starter next season. While the team needs to work on its offensive line (and defense), Romo still has an exciting group of skill position talent around him.

The bigger question is whether Garrett will be back to coach him again. Romo’s backup Jon Kitna is also scheduled to be a free agent.

Also, the Pope is still Catholic and Man has walked on the Moon.

CCAurora
12-21-2010, 08:57 AM
I still think Kitna has a strong playoff run in him. I say keep him and be thankful when Dallas makes the Wild Card, but loses Romo in mid-December.

magicmatt
12-21-2010, 09:03 AM
hey, at least romo cant fuk dallas in the playoffs again this year

ZidaneValor
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Kitna may be the best backup in the league. Flynn made a strong case at New England, but I still like Kitna better.

bendosia
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm not quite sure.....? I thought Dallas had no chance of making the playoffs a few games ago?

thecreed
12-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Kitna may be the best backup in the league. Flynn made a strong case at New England, but I still like Kitna better.

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/63188099-kevin-kolb.jpg

Your Dad
12-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I still think Kitna has a strong playoff run in him. I say keep him and be thankful when Dallas makes the Wild Card, but loses Romo in mid-December.

Dallas wont be a wildcard next year IMO, they'll win the division if Garrett stays.

A healthy Romo + talented recieving core + 2 solid RBs = better than Eagles. Just gotta upgrade the line and secondary.

I agree we should prob keep Kitna, just 2 years ago we had Brad Johnson as our backup and he lost us a few games that we would've easily won with Kitna or Romo.

EDIT - 4500, U mad?

Nutella!
12-21-2010, 10:04 AM
Romo has three years left on his contract

that sucks.

ZidaneValor
12-21-2010, 10:12 AM
that sucks.

Why? Romo isn't Top 10, but he's better than at least half the teams.

And he is still going to have more playoff wins than Aaron Rodgers IF (note the major if) the Giants beat the Packers this Sunday.

Xx7
12-21-2010, 11:04 AM

no.

Your Dad
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Why? Romo isn't Top 10, but he's better than at least half the teams.

And he is still going to have more playoff wins than Aaron Rodgers IF (note the major if) the Giants beat the Packers this Sunday.

Why do you dislike Romo?

I think hes a solid QB, def top 10. He has crazy awareness in the pocket, extremely mobile, great arm strength with good acc.

Im not even tryin to be a homer, but he gets more hate than he deserves.

Go to the playoffs 2 years and dont win ----> Known as a choke artist. It makes no sense how much excessive hate he gets. Only knock that I hear about him that I could agree with is he isnt a leader like Brady or Brees.

magicmatt
12-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Why do you dislike Romo?

I think hes a solid QB, def top 10. He has crazy awareness in the pocket, extremely mobile, great arm strength with good acc.

Im not even tryin to be a homer, but he gets more hate than he deserves.

Go to the playoffs 2 years and dont win ----> Known as a choke artist. It makes no sense how much excessive hate he gets. Only knock that I hear about him that I could agree with is he isnt a leader like Brady or Brees.
you cant be mentioned as a top qb when you throw away your teams season in the playoffs every time you get there

Hoop_Dreams
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Romo's in the top 10.

And magicmatt, pls go. Yeah it was Romo's fault last year that no one could block Ray Edwards, Jared Allen, or Kevin Williams. /sarcasm

Your Dad
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
you cant be mentioned as a top qb when you throw away your teams season in the playoffs every time you get there

Twice. Not everytime.

And lets be serious, 2007 was his first year in the playoffs and was a rookie, you gonna knock him for fumbling a snap when he was the STARTING QB. It should've been Bledsoe holding the ball not Romo. Not to mention they got beat by the defending NFC champs, no shame in that.

In 2007 Dallas lost to the SB champs. Although Romo threw an INT in the endzone that ended the game, it was also the last play of the game, it was TD or nothing so he didnt have much choice. Dont see how that constitutes as choking?

And just last year it was fumbles and the ****ty secondary that cost the Cowboys the game against the Vikings, not Romo. IDK if you watched that game, but if you did you would've seen how badly our secondary was getting destroyed and how many costly fumbles we had.

This sounds like a bunch of excuses, but this is how I logically see it as.

magicmatt
12-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Twice. Not everytime.

sorry, i thought he only made it there twice

Hoop_Dreams
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Twice. Not everytime.

And lets be serious, 2007 was his first year in the playoffs and was a rookie, you gonna knock him for fumbling a snap when he was the STARTING QB. It should've been Bledsoe holding the ball not Romo. Not to mention they got beat by the defending NFC champs, no shame in that.

In 2007 Dallas lost to the SB champs. Although Romo threw an INT in the endzone that ended the game, it was also the last play of the game, it was TD or nothing so he didnt have much choice. Dont see how that constitutes as choking?

And just last year it was fumbles and the ****ty secondary that cost the Cowboys the game against the Vikings, not Romo. IDK if you watched that game, but if you did you would've seen how badly our secondary was getting destroyed and how many costly fumbles we had.

This sounds like a bunch of excuses, but this is how I logically see it as.

Twice? Try once.

And even then, when he fumbled the snap against the Seahawks, they got the ball back at THEIR OWN 1.

We had timeouts, all the defense had to do was get a stop and we'd have the ball back at around the 50 with well over a minute left. But no, we let them move the chains even when pinned at their own goalline.

The Giants game was not on him either. The 2nd to last play of the game, Crayton stopped on a route (his 2nd big screw up of the game) which led to a ball being overthrown by a step. Otherwise he catches a TD and the Cowboys are in the NFC championship game.

The Giants D-line raped the Cowboys o-line all game. Spagnoulo exploited Kosier all game long by lining Tuck over him.

Your Dad
12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Twice? Try once.

And even then, when he fumbled the snap against the Seahawks, they got the ball back at THEIR OWN 1.

We had timeouts, all the defense had to do was get a stop and we'd have the ball back at around the 50 with well over a minute left. But no, we let them move the chains even when pinned at their own goalline.

The Giants game was not on him either. The 2nd to last play of the game, Crayton stopped on a route (his 2nd big screw up of the game) which led to a ball being overthrown by a step. Otherwise he catches a TD and the Cowboys are in the NFC championship game.

The Giants D-line raped the Cowboys o-line all game. Spagnoulo exploited Kosier all game long by lining Tuck over him.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, I saw the games brah.

IMO if Romo ever choked it was his first year, the Giants game wasnt a choke and neither was last years performance.

Hoop_Dreams
12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, I saw the games brah.

IMO if Romo ever choked it was his first year, the Giants game wasnt a choke and neither was last years performance.

Saying he choked twice isn't really giving him the benefit of the doubt. But I digress.

Your Dad
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Saying he choked twice isn't really giving him the benefit of the doubt. But I digress.

He was saying Romo choked twice, I disagreed and said if anything he choked twice (which is the 2 examples people usually bring up when calling Romo a choke artist). Maybe saying "benefit of the doubt" wasnt the right thing to say, but you see what I mean (hopefully lol).

ZidaneValor
12-21-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm a Dallas fan. I LIKE Romo. I'm just saying he's probably in that 11-13 range right now, which is still pretty good.

If he can have a good season next year, he can probably be in the 6-8 range.

cramron
12-21-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1424831/tony-romo-o.gif

Hoop_Dreams
12-21-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm a Dallas fan. I LIKE Romo. I'm just saying he's probably in that 11-13 range right now, which is still pretty good.

If he can have a good season next year, he can probably be in the 6-8 range.

How I'd rank them in no specific order.. just by tiers.

1-2:
Brady
Vick

3-6 tier:
Rivers
Brees
Manning
Rodgers

7-8:
Ryan
Ben

9-12:
Romo
Flacco
Eli
Schaub

CCAurora
12-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Philly wants two first rounders... that's worth acquiring a backup QB when you already have a top 10 QB?

My prediction: Tennessee trades Vince Young and a 1st to Philly for Kolb.

CCAurora
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
How I'd rank them in no specific order.. just by tiers.

1-2:
Brady
Vick

3-6 tier:
Rivers
Brees
Manning
Rodgers

7-8:
Ryan
Ben

9-12:
Romo
Flacco
Eli
Schaub

Big Ben >>> Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers, without question. His pocket elusiveness rivals Dan Marino and he's won a lot of big games, including the greatest game-winning passes in Super Bowl history. Rodgers and Ryan haven't done anything beyond racking up fantasy points.