PDA

View Full Version : the current best running back in the nfl.

FappingBrah
12-20-2010, 11:43 PM
wYdAtSssCPs
IfhzF51pWJw
bgFjWT71Ba0

Ejjw18
12-20-2010, 11:44 PM
stance on topic: skeptical

QB_Killa
12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
only because Mike Vick is a QB

blahblahblahh
12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Read OPs Post:
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/512/bertstarenew.jpg

Fixed OPs Post:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2593/foster.jpg

not totally serious

WeWannaChill
12-20-2010, 11:52 PM
OP thank you for breaking this important news story. I will be telling all my friends that Chris Johnson has legally changed his name to Darren McFadden. I have not seen this story on any major news outlet and they will be pleased to get the inside scoop.

Be_Easy_25
12-21-2010, 12:02 AM
couldnt be serious with that chris johnson post above.

were you?

unleashed132
12-21-2010, 12:05 AM
dude was straight up beast mode in college

wsuwarrior
12-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Its still Adrian Peterson but McFadden has been a monster this year.

I have both on one of my fantasy teams. :)

Mac_xX
12-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Jamaal Charles/10

PZL8
12-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Pretty sure it's still AP, and after that it's Jamaal Charles, then Arian Foster.

DMC is wayyy too inconsistent to be even in the top 5 talk. He'll have a huge game against a struggling team, then face a legit team and have 14 yards and a AVG of 1.4ypc.

leafs43
12-21-2010, 12:30 AM
The Raiders are 1 wide receiver and 2 OL from being a dominant offense in the league.

Imagine the space that McFadden would get if Calvin Johnson was split out.

BeanieWells
12-21-2010, 12:44 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Danny+Woodhead+New+England+Patriots+v+Pittsburgh+x DRv6IisIVql.jpg

JTrain306
12-21-2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.azcardinalsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/chris-beanie-wells-1.jpg

strong post content to username correlation

edit: in after ninja edit

allanhouston90
12-21-2010, 01:51 AM
I have DMC on my FFT and it makes me fuuuuuuuuuu when i see him not get goal line carries.......fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

GyM_RaT
12-21-2010, 02:18 AM
^^^That's how I felt last year with Pierre Thomas. Mike Bell Fuuuuuuu

logical281
12-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Pretty sure it's still AP, and after that it's Jamaal Charles, then Arian Foster.

DMC is wayyy too inconsistent to be even in the top 5 talk. He'll have a huge game against a struggling team, then face a legit team and have 14 yards and a AVG of 1.4ypc.

lmao!

ezmac31
12-21-2010, 04:50 AM
for all around game its gotta be MJD

TheStack
12-21-2010, 05:32 AM
If I started a franchise I would take Dmac over any RBs not named Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson.

Spuddy
12-21-2010, 06:17 AM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Danny+Woodhead+New+England+Patriots+v+Pittsburgh+x DRv6IisIVql.jpg

Only time you'll ever see a 5'6", 185lb white boy straight up spear a linebacker and keep going :D

I don't know if he's the best in the league (I'd put him up near the top, not THE best), but he's half RB and half slot receiver so he gets a lot done via confusing defenses

fballer12
12-21-2010, 06:24 AM
1. AP all day

2. Chris Johnson

3. Everyone else

GolfPants
12-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Peterson, MJD, and CJ2k have been doing it for years and proven they aren't made of glass. And talking about the best this year, it's been Arian Foster hands down.

scotyg
12-21-2010, 06:56 AM
http://nflsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Jamaal-Charles-Chiefs.jpg

brb higher YPC then Jim Brown or Barry Sanders

ezmac31
12-21-2010, 06:57 AM

come at me when he plays more than 1.5 season. comparing him to the two GOATs is a joke.

TheGunther
12-21-2010, 07:30 AM
D-Mac has always been in beast mode. Could have been the 2nd coming of Steve Atwater if he didn't play running back.

32e3-pjBXgU
Qhcurx_g9mk
KfGjFKCuv2M

CumshotGuru
12-21-2010, 07:36 AM
I think MJD is the best current back in the league. He just seems to get it done year in and year out.

joedirt87
12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
I'd like to see McFadden do this for more than a season before people appoint him as one of the NFL's best, and the same could be said for Arian Foster. With McFadden this is what people thought he would do and be similar to A.P., yet all he had done previous to this season in Oakland was get hurt and get outperformed by lesser talented players such as Justin Fargas and Michael Bush.

I'd probably put them
Peterson
MJD
Johnson/Charles.
McCoy

something like that on just a quick list.

Iczer
12-21-2010, 07:46 AM
come at me when he plays more than 1.5 season. comparing him to the two GOATs is a joke.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/21/just-how-good-is-jamaal-charles/

"Charles is having an absurdly efficient season, but he has also been doing this for three years. No one can touch Charles’s 6.04 yards-per-carry average after three seasons in the league"

Charles was only drafted in 2008, give him some time.

ATownDRock
12-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Jamaal Charles got raped with that contract.

Here's me at last years fantasy Drafts.

Jamaal Charles 16th round RB Kansas City

Trollface.jpg

drafted him in all 4 leagues last year, kept him on bench til mid season. Continued to romp through postseason on way to winning 700 bucks on 100 of entries. Feels goodman

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't know if he's the best in the league (I'd put him up near the top, not THE best)

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/bertstare.jpg

He's not even the best RB on the Patriots team.

glm_is_sexy
12-21-2010, 08:28 AM

BRB, only averaging 10.2 carries a game while Jim Brown and Barry averaged 20.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 08:33 AM

lmao!

U mad he's breaking records while not being a starter for a full season yet? Ya u mad lmao!

He's the best RB this season, period.

Quoting my location has nothing to do with the facts.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 08:40 AM
U mad he's breaking records while not being a starter for a full season yet? Ya u mad lmao!

He's the best RB this season, period. AP is still the best in general.

Quoting my location has nothing to do with the facts.

He's got 4 TD's... sorry no running back is the best with that many TD's but lets say hello to the real best running back this year

http://www.rotoexperts.com/images/stories/newroto/kkwj394_peyton_hillis_iconsmi2.jpg

TheStack
12-21-2010, 08:46 AM
He's got 4 TD's... sorry no running back is the best with that many TD's but lets say hello to the real best running back this year

http://www.rotoexperts.com/images/stories/newroto/kkwj394_peyton_hillis_iconsmi2.jpg

McFadden has 7 tds and would have many more if Michael Bush hadn't stolen goal line carries. (he has 7 too)

Plus he missed 3 games this year so do the math. I'm not saying he's the best but he is among them.

As for Peyton Hillis you are right he's been a beast this year, helped me get to the championship game in ff. But let's be reality the last 3 games defenses figured him out. Plus with all the wear and tear I give him 3 years, which is a shame.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM

You obviously don't watch the players that are in the running for the best player in the league talk do you? Have you even watched a Chiefs game and see how many touchdowns Thomas Jones takes from Jamaal Charles? Obviously not. JC will run it 30 yards to the 2, and Jones comes in for clean up. Just look at the stats.

Peyton Hillis is good, having a breakout year, however no where near top 5, maybe even top 10.

Iczer
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM

i don't even...

PZL8
12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
i don't even...

I know rite? rofl.

CumshotGuru
12-21-2010, 08:57 AM

gtfo he has 8 fumbles. Brb attempting to leap over a defender and losing the ball.

CCAurora
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Clicked thread expecting MJD.

Thread fail.

Iczer
12-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Hillis reminds me a of a similar situation in KC with Larry Johnson. LJ was our workhorse who was unstoppable for a season, until defenses figured him out and started to shut him down. Not to mention all of the carries and the beating WILL catch up to him, while JC is still lighting defenses up for 6+ yards a carry.

Playoffs are coming and JC says he feels physically like the season just started.

Hendrix89
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
What blows my mind is the Run DMC, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis all played together. That's just nuts

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:03 AM
You obviously don't watch the players that are in the running for the best player in the league talk do you? Have you even watched a Chiefs game and see how many touchdowns Thomas Jones takes from Jamaal Charles? Obviously not. JC will run it 30 yards to the 2, and Jones comes in for clean up. Just look at the stats.

Peyton Hillis is good, having a breakout year, however no where near top 5, maybe even top 10.

Fine and good, but to be an elite runningback (top 3), you have to produce at the goal line. He obviously isn't as effective on the goalline, , thus making him a less valuable running back this year than other guys with all-around-game (Foster, Turner, AD. If Hillis could hold on to the ball I would put him in there too.)

PZL8
12-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Hillis reminds me a of a similar situation in KC with Larry Johnson. LJ was our workhorse who was unstoppable for a season, until defenses figured him out and started to shut him down. Not to mention all of the carries and the beating WILL catch up to him, while JC is still lighting defenses up for 6+ yards a carry.

Playoffs are coming and JC says he feels physically like the season just started.

However LJ had a ****ing beast as **** O-Line, then everyone retired and he went from 2 consecutive 1,700 seasons to one with less than 600 yards. There was like 3 Pro-Bowlers that he was carried by.

Hillis is better than LJ in his prime.

Iczer
12-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Fine and good, but to be an elite runningback (top 3), you have to produce at the goal line. He obviously isn't as effective on the goalline, , thus making him a less valuable running back this year than other guys with all-around-game (Foster, Turner, AD. If Hillis could hold on to the ball I would put him in there too.)

I'll just stick with handing the rock to Shaun Smith at the goal line just to watch him dance.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Did you not read what I just said? He never gets the ball.

Attempts Yards Average Long
JC:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 19 77 4.1 18yards 3 TD.
AF:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 58 160 2.8 11yards 11TD on 39 more attempts
Turner:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 60 118 2.0 10yards 10TD on 41 more attempts

Stats-wise, he is better in the Red Zone in general. Also, if he didn't have TJ taking 6 touchdowns away from him, he'd look even better stat-wise.

Until you start reading their production stats, you should probably just be quiet. Jamaal Charles is the best in the red zone compared to all of the players you have listed.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Did you not read what I just said? He never gets the ball.

Attempts Yards Average Long
JC:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 19 77 4.1 18yards 3 TD.
AF:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 58 160 2.8 11yards 11TD on 39 more attempts
Turner:
Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line 60 118 2.0 10yards 10TD on 41 more attempts

Stats-wise, he is better in the Red Zone in general. Also, if he didn't have TJ taking 6 touchdowns away from him, he'd look even better stat-wise.

Until you start reading their production stats, you should probably just be quiet. Jamaal Charles is the best in the red zone compared to all of the players you have listed.
Right, that's why his own team doesn't have faith in him to get it done on the goal line?
Like I said, great backs are trusted to get 3 tough yards when their team needs them.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Right, that's why his own team doesn't have faith in him to get it done on the goal line?
Like I said, great backs are trusted to get 3 tough yards when their team needs them.

Who said he wasn't trusted? Now you're just making excuses, get out kid. Come back when you can prove what you say.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Who said he wasn't trusted? Now you're just making excuses, get out kid. Come back when you can prove what you say.

lol strong 23 rep power neg to go along with your convincing counter-point.

scotyg
12-21-2010, 09:34 AM

what happens is that one back will go on a hot streak and get most of the yards on the drive and then we put in a fresh back in the red zone. it goes both ways, charles will come in and get goal line carries from jones. when you have 2 good running backs, you take advantage of that by rotating a fresh player.

/logic

PZL8
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
lol strong 23 rep power neg to go along with your convincing counter-point.

Ya you seem mad bruh. Ohhhhhh I haz 23 rep powerz, so I must be wrong with my proven stat listings amirite?

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:38 AM
what happens is that one back will go on a hot streak and get most of the yards on the drive and then we put in a fresh back in the red zone. it goes both ways, charles will come in and get goal line carries from jones. when you have 2 good running backs, you take advantage of that by rotating a fresh player.

I'm aware of that. If Charles was the clear cut best runningback in football this season, he would have more than 5 touchdowns total, it's week 15. He has one more rushing touchdown than he does fumbles.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Ya you seem mad bruh. Ohhhhhh I haz 23 rep powerz, so I must be wrong with my proven stat listings amirite?

Are you aware that the red zone and the goal line aren't the same place?

scotyg
12-21-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm aware of that. If Charles was the clear cut best runningback in football this season, he would have more than 5 touchdowns total, it's week 15. He has one more rushing touchdown than he does fumbles.

i guess i didnt make my intentions clear, i dont mean to claim that hes the best back in the league. really cause i cant tell you who is. but he is better then darren mcfadden which probably anybody but a raiders fan will agree.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
i guess i didnt make my intentions clear, i dont mean to claim that hes the best back in the league. really cause i cant tell you who is. but he is better then darren mcfadden which probably anybody but a raiders fan will agree.

That's all I was disputing, he hasn't had the production to be considered the year's #1 back.

mikey45011
12-21-2010, 09:47 AM

fuuuuummmmbllllleeee

scotyg
12-21-2010, 09:49 AM
That's all I was disputing, he hasn't had the production to be considered the year's #1 back.

true. he doesnt have the touchdowns to be the best in the league, the yardage and YPC is there though. i couldnt believe he cramped up at the end of an 80 yard run on sunday and got caught at the 2 yard line.

GeorgeCarlinJr
12-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I would put JC top 2 (srs) 6.4 yard average is just flat out disgusting.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_per_att_single_season.htm

As far as I can find, no other modern day running back has done that.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I would put JC top 2 (srs) 6.4 yard average is just flat out disgusting.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_per_att_single_season.htm

As far as I can find, no other modern day running back has done that.

5.9 Last season as well. Consistent yet haters still gunna hate lol.

chuckarock
12-21-2010, 10:01 AM
5.9 Last season as well. Consistent yet haters still gunna hate lol.

brb never running in short yardage situations

PZL8
12-21-2010, 10:09 AM

How dem vikings doin? oh wait.

Just another hater lolol

scotyg
12-21-2010, 10:11 AM

he didnt start till november when we got rid of LJ, so he was our every down back last year.

brb starting half the season still rushing for 1100 yards.

PZL8
12-21-2010, 10:19 AM
FlexGunmetal- Nice negging brah
A. you're 18. B. You're dumb as phuck, cuzz.

Lol wat?

If age means anything, you just got schooled by somebody younger than you. You mad that I have actual ties to the NFL? Obviously.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 10:23 AM
FlexGunmetal- Nice negging brah
A. you're 18. B. You're dumb as phuck, cuzz.

Lol wat?

If age means anything, you just got schooled by somebody younger than you. You mad that I have actual ties to the NFL? Obviously.

You have schooled me in nothing. you claim charles is the best back this year, I tell you he isn't, which is obviously true seeing as he's got one more TD than fumbles. David Garrard, Aaron Rodgers and Tebow all have as many rushing TDs as charles. lol
You are a teenager, and disregarding logic like most do.

Lean88
12-21-2010, 10:34 AM
MJD and Foster have been the best RB's this season

PZL8
12-21-2010, 10:35 AM
You have schooled me in nothing. you claim charles is the best back this year, I tell you he isn't, which is obviously true seeing as he's got one more TD than fumbles. David Garrard, Aaron Rodgers and Tebow all have as many rushing TDs as charles. lol
You are a teenager, and disregarding logic like most do.

Disregarding logic however I've posted all the stats proving your 1 point in comparison to other backs as wrong, then you use the trust excuse, when another user points out the reason, ending in logic.

Face it, you're a complete moron. You probably believe Peyton is #1 QB playing right now and is GOAT. You know nothing about sports at all it seems like.

Jamaal Charles is the best running back in the NFL this season, and 2nd best period.

/thread, enuff umad posts, stop bitching about age as it isn't a factor in knowledge.

anonymous123
12-21-2010, 10:38 AM

someone needs to edit a "talk to the hand" caption in there

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Disregarding logic however I've posted all the stats proving your 1 point in comparison to other backs as wrong, then you use the trust excuse, when another user points out the reason, ending in logic.

Face it, you're a complete moron. You probably believe Peyton is #1 QB playing right now and is GOAT. You know nothing about sports at all it seems like.

Jamaal Charles is the best running back in the NFL this season, and 2nd best period.

/thread, enuff umad posts, stop bitching about age as it isn't a factor in knowledge.

lol.
I said he wasn't as effective in goal line situations as AD, Turner, or Foster.
To dispute that, you compared the 3 back's red zone numbers, which prove nothing, seeing as red zone =/= goal line.
As for the bolded part of your silly post....wat? He's both #1 and #2 in the league this year?
Peyton may not be the GOAT, but he will go down as one of the greatest in history. It will be considerably easier to compare him to the rest of the field once he retires.

Umad, phaggot?

cor030
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
how do you know he's not as effective in goal line situations? the simple fact is KC doesn't use him enough, and when you have a back like Thomas Jones who is probably one of the better goal line backs, chances are you aren't going to get playing time in those situations.

I'd trust that a guy like Charles isn't horrible in goal line situations; the coaches just trust Jones a bit more.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
how do you know he's not as effective in goal line situations? the simple fact is KC doesn't use him enough, and when you have a back like Thomas Jones who is probably one of the better goal line backs, chances are you aren't going to get playing time in those situations.

I'd trust that a guy like Charles isn't horrible in goal line situations; the coaches just trust Jones a bit more.
All I'm saying is that if he was as great as people ITT think he is, he would have more than 4 touchdowns.
The great backs don't have goal line backs that sub them out (MJD, AD, Turner).
edit: could be wrong on Turner, I know Ssnelling played a bit but I think that was due to injury.

Iczer
12-21-2010, 10:54 AM

Not to mention the variety of plays that we've been calling on goal line plays. Look at our personnel on the field in these situations. You'll see Vrabel, Shaun Smith and Jones/JC. Who knows what's going to be called, that's the point. It works.

GeorgeCarlinJr
12-21-2010, 11:14 AM
lol.
I said he wasn't as effective in goal line situations as AD, Turner, or Foster.
To dispute that, you compared the 3 back's red zone numbers, which prove nothing, seeing as red zone =/= goal line.
As for the bolded part of your silly post....wat? He's both #1 and #2 in the league this year?
Peyton may not be the GOAT, but he will go down as one of the greatest in history. It will be considerably easier to compare him to the rest of the field once he retires.

Umad, phaggot?

Opponents 19-1 yard line

Jamaal Charles: 19 Attempts, 77 Yards, 4.1 Average, 3TDs
Arian Foster: 58 Attempts, 160 Yards, 2.8 Average, 11 TDs
MJD: 40 Attempts, 101 Yards, 2.5 Average, 4 TDs
CJ: 47 Attempts, 111 Yards, 2.4 Average, 8 TDs
Michael Turner: 60 Attempts, 118 Yards, 2.0 Average, 10 TDs
AP: 39 Attempts, 92 Yards, 2.4 Average, 9 TDs

I realize you are talking about goal line stats but these numbers obviously include goal line and it is pretty clear that JC gets almost no attempts and in that part of the field compared to the other players you mentioned

To hold that against him is stupid, I am sure if it was his decision he would be out there, but clearly it isn't his decision.

And this is coming from a chargers fan who doesn't like JC or the chiefs.

FlexGunmetal
12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Opponents 19-1 yard line

Jamaal Charles: 19 Attempts, 77 Yards, 4.1 Average, 3TDs
Arian Foster: 58 Attempts, 160 Yards, 2.8 Average, 11 TDs
MJD: 40 Attempts, 101 Yards, 2.5 Average, 4 TDs
CJ: 47 Attempts, 111 Yards, 2.4 Average, 8 TDs
Michael Turner: 60 Attempts, 118 Yards, 2.0 Average, 10 TDs
AP: 39 Attempts, 92 Yards, 2.4 Average, 9 TDs

I realize you are talking about goal line stats but these numbers obviously include goal line and it is pretty clear that JC gets almost no attempts and in that part of the field compared to the other players you mentioned

To hold that against him is stupid, I am sure if it was his decision he would be out there, but clearly it isn't his decision.

And this is coming from a chargers fan who doesn't like JC or the chiefs.
I'm not discounting his abilities, he's a phenomenal (as a broncos fan I've seen it first hand in a big way).

I'm just saying you can't tell someone he's the best back because he would have more touchdowns if he had more opportunities.

Spuddy
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/bertstare.jpg

He's not even the best RB on the Patriots team.
Like I said in the part you didn't quote, he's a hybrid running back and short pass receiver, making him incredibly productive whenever he has the ball. His stats will never be at the top, but as a player in his own right his usefulness definitely is. He makes defenses mess up plain and simple, and whenever he runs he gets huge yardage for it.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 07:22 PM

If they trusted Charles to get them the TD why are they putting Jones in?

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 07:34 PM
McFadden has 7 tds and would have many more if Michael Bush hadn't stolen goal line carries. (he has 7 too)

Plus he missed 3 games this year so do the math. I'm not saying he's the best but he is among them.

As for Peyton Hillis you are right he's been a beast this year, helped me get to the championship game in ff. But let's be reality the last 3 games defenses figured him out. Plus with all the wear and tear I give him 3 years, which is a shame.

Two games he missed were against SD (2nd best rushing D in the league) and SF (7th best rushing D in the league). Nice two games to miss. His 100 yards rushing games have come against

STL (16th)
AZ (30th)
DEN (31st)
SEA (21st)
JAC (18th)
DEN (31st)

Let me know when he actually puts up some good stats against a good rushing defense. His other games he went below 100

TEN (17th)
HOU (9th)
KC (13th)
PIT (1st)
MIA (6th)
SD (2nd)

It's pretty clear to see McFadden has gobbled up his stats against weak defenses and has had trouble against good defenses.

TheStack
12-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Two games he missed were against SD (2nd best rushing D in the league) and SF (7th best rushing D in the league). Nice two games to miss. His 100 yards rushing games have come against

STL (16th)
AZ (30th)
DEN (31st)
SEA (21st)
JAC (18th)
DEN (31st)

Let me know when he actually puts up some good stats against a good rushing defense. His other games he went below 100

TEN (17th)
HOU (9th)
KC (13th)
PIT (1st)
MIA (6th)
SD (2nd)

It's pretty clear to see McFadden has gobbled up his stats against weak defenses and has had trouble against good defenses.

he had 97 against SD plus 30 receiving and a td, strong weak game...

but you got a point, didn't realize he padded his stats against weak teams. I still believe this guy will have a heck of a career.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 07:41 PM

No where near top 5 maybe even top 10... ok I see it's pointless talking with you.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
he had 97 against SD plus 30 receiving and a td, strong weak game...

but you got a point, didn't realize he padded his stats against weak teams. I still believe this guy will have a heck of a career.

He had 14 yards on 10 carries against the Steelers.

McFadden has looked good this year and not saying he doesn't have potential but as we've agreed he's the Kyle Orton of running backs.

charity4thepoor
12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
all around game has to be MJD. just pure runner i think its up to AD, Charles, DMC and Foster. cannot go wrong with any of them.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Like I said in the part you didn't quote, he's a hybrid running back and short pass receiver, making him incredibly productive whenever he has the ball. His stats will never be at the top, but as a player in his own right his usefulness definitely is. He makes defenses mess up plain and simple, and whenever he runs he gets huge yardage for it.

That's great but you called him one of the best RB's in the league. The only people who are going to agree with that are Pats fans who are as delusional as you and even they might not agree with that.

kethnaab
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Arian Foster is the man THIS season. He is #1 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing TDs, #1 in yards from scrimmage, and #1 in total TDs scored.

Seriously, this season, it's not even close.

Charles is far more explosive, and I'm an enormous fan, but Foster deserves some credit for his insane season this year.

kethnaab
12-21-2010, 08:27 PM
He had 14 yards on 10 carries against the Steelers.

that's just not reasonable. Steelers have shut down every true #1 RB this season aside from Fred Jackson (oddly enough)

Sherloc
12-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Jamaal Charles/10

These

You're a fuking idiot. How can you tell if a play is gona be a short or long yardage situation before you get the ball. Fuking idiot.

ThundaHorz
12-21-2010, 08:39 PM
in for later

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 08:46 PM
that's just not reasonable. Steelers have shut down every true #1 RB this season aside from Fred Jackson (oddly enough)

Needless to say my point got across that he just beats up on the weak defenses then struggles against the good defenses.

cor030
12-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Needless to say my point got across that he just beats up on the weak defenses then struggles against the good defenses.

no running back is going to consistently beat up on good defenses, because good defenses don't let running backs go off on them.

Sick96stang
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
no running back is going to consistently beat up on good defenses, because good defenses don't let running backs go off on them.

He pretty much never beat up on a good defense. His one against SD with 97 yards is the only one you can say was a good game against a good defense rushing wise.

blinkers88
12-21-2010, 09:16 PM

Yeah AP has had a great year.... not

Lasers1
12-21-2010, 09:17 PM
OH HAAIlIII

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/708042/75197_aptopix_eagles_redskins_football.jpg

kethnaab
12-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah AP has had a great year.... not

tied for 3rd in rushing TDs, tied for 4th in overall TDs, 5th in YPA for those who qualify (10 carries/game).

he has done well considering what a trainwreck that Vikings eam has been this season

PrimeTimeRPH
12-21-2010, 09:26 PM
too bad ma boy Frank Gore got hurt, you know he'd be in this discussion go 9ers!..but if I had to say who the best RB in the league right now, my top 3 would be Foster, MJD, AP...you know who's having a good year and nobody is talking about him.. That LeGarret Blount guy outta oregon, hes a beast and bucs are pretty good.