PDA

View Full Version : Zack Greinke

cor030
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
where's he going to be next season? I just read that he changed agents and requested a trade, but the asking price seems to be pretty steep.

so far I've heard that the Jays, Nats, and Rangers are the teams really trying to get him.

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Yankees

_NEMESIS_
12-18-2010, 05:05 PM
As much as I like Grienke and how dirty he can be, he wouldn't survive a season for the Yankees..Too much pressure and Grienke is already a nutcase...

thefullmonte
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
As much as I like Grienke and how dirty he can be, he wouldn't survive a season for the Yankees..Too much pressure and Grienke is already a nutcase...

Co-sign.

I'm going to go ahead and just toss the Rangers out there. Nats as the darkhorse

Aran
12-18-2010, 05:12 PM
the rangers are the obvious fit for him but i hope he goes elsewhere.

jacketfan
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
i bet the royals **** it up and hold onto him till his last season and get pennies on the dollar.

GyM_RaT
12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Yankees

He has anxiety issues and playing on the biggest stage of the world(Yankee Stadium)is probably counter-productive to his well being.

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
He has anxiety issues and playing on the biggest stage of the world(Yankee Stadium)is probably counter-productive to his well being.

I don't believe the hype about his anxiety being a problem in NY. He wants to win, period. I think he'd do well.

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Braves could get it done. Package of Julio Teheran, Mike Minor, lhp, Matt Lipka, ss

jacketfan
12-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Braves could get it done. Package of Julio Teheran, Mike Minor, lhp, Matt Lipka, ss

i wouldnt trade julio teharan and mike minor for grienke let alone other prospects.

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 05:37 PM
id actually probably take Teheran out of the deal. But Minors ceiling isnt that high. Id say build a package around Freeman, but the Royals are stocked at the corners.

The Royals want middle infield, but the problem is no one has blue chip middle infielders.

GyM_RaT
12-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I don't believe the hype about his anxiety being a problem in NY. He wants to win, period. I think he'd do well.

I'd think he would look better in blue&orange if you ask me.

jacketfan
12-18-2010, 05:43 PM
i wouldnt trade freeman either. the braves really dont need pitching help. their rotation is pretty set for years to come

hudson
medlen
hanson
jair
minor
teheran
delgado
beachy

and....

derek lowe.

cor030
12-18-2010, 05:43 PM
id actually probably take Teheran out of the deal. But Minors ceiling isnt that high. Id say build a package around Freeman, but the Royals are stocked at the corners.

The Royals want middle infield, but the problem is no one has blue chip middle infielders.

they want Storen, Zimmermann, and Espinoza from the Nats for Greinke.

STA1011
12-18-2010, 05:45 PM

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a468/STA1011/blackguyslaughing-1.gif

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 05:47 PM

make sure you clear it up that its JORDAN Zimmerman

StanDarsh
12-18-2010, 05:50 PM

He has anxiety, not schizophrenia. I think he'd do fine anywhere.

STA1011
12-18-2010, 05:52 PM

This. Its a little bit more reasonable (thought it was 3b RYAN Zimmerman at first) but still VERY laughable for the Nats to give up that much

cor030
12-18-2010, 05:55 PM

This. Its a little bit more reasonable (thought it was 3b RYAN Zimmerman at first) but still VERY laughable for the Nats to give up that much

I did ;) The pitcher is Zimmermann.

but yeah, it's definitely a lot to give up. unless he agrees to sign an extension no way it'll happen.

Aran
12-18-2010, 05:56 PM
the phillies should trade for him.

evilsteve02
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Yankees

Sorry bud...i think that is very unlikely...your system is drained.

airemout
12-18-2010, 06:01 PM

Jordan Zimmermann
Ryan Zimmerman

evilsteve02
12-18-2010, 06:02 PM
where's he going to be next season? I just read that he changed agents and requested a trade, but the asking price seems to be pretty steep.

so far I've heard that the Jays, Nats, and Rangers are the teams really trying to get him.

Indians lmao........ i say the Jays; if they will just caugh up Drabek and Snyder (which i would do).

STA1011
12-18-2010, 06:02 PM
the phillies should trade for him.

fukkyeah.jpg

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry bud...i think that is very unlikely...your system is drained.

Yea, we're pretty drained, off the top of my head, we only have
Ivan Nova
Hector Noesi
Andrew Brackman
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
DJ Mitchell
David Phelps
Austin Romine
Jesus Montero
Gary Sanchez
Brandon Laird
Dave Adams
Melky Mesa

evilsteve02
12-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Ivan Nova
Hector Noesi
Andrew Brackman
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
DJ Mitchell
David Phelps
Austin Romine
Jesus Montero
Gary Sanchez
Brandon Laird
Dave Adams
Melky Mesa

lmao...way to overrate your farm system .....

you have a few guys...but maybe 2 of those guys will have lasting pro careers and maybe 1 will be an impact player... sad....

Source7769
12-18-2010, 06:21 PM

x's 2
greinkes going to the braves

B_Nelley35
12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Phillies

ivegotbigballs
12-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Reds are in on him as well, he would become the anchor of a sick rotation. Rumor has it that in the last few days Greinke has demanded a trade, so it may be happening soon.

TexasHeat
12-18-2010, 06:42 PM

wrong

Rangers do, but he is just 17 years old.... Jurickson Profar.... if the Rangers were willing to give him up, Greinke would already be a Ranger.

89FoxBody
12-18-2010, 07:29 PM

you have a few guys...but maybe 2 of those guys will have lasting pro careers and maybe 1 will be an impact player... sad....

Lmao you don't know anything about the players but you talk sh*t anyway. Classic.

Ivan Nova = great stuff, questionable makeup, who knows what he will turn out to be
Andrew Brackman
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances = all 3 of these guys are straight up nasty and will be MLB ready by next year if not by this summer.
David Phelps = 66 MiLB starts, 2.50 ERA, 1.156 ERA...must not be any good
Austin Romine = Defensively MLB ready, bat is ok.
Jesus Montero = Disgusting bat, questionable catching at best. Top 5 prospect in all MLB.
Gary Sanchez = 18 year old Catcher, already tearing it up, granted in low A
Brandon Laird = MLB ready 1b/3b, obviously blocked.
Dave Adams = MLB ready 2b, obviously blocked by Cano.
Hector Noesi = in 59 MiLB starts he has a 3.16 ERA and a WHIP of 1.074...Nope definitely no talent there.

Nope no good prospects there.

Brackman, Banuelos, Betances, Romine Montero Sanchez, are all top 100 prospects.

Pls go.

GetBigyo
12-18-2010, 07:32 PM
x's 2
Lions*Buckeyes*Royals*Celtics*Islanders

da fukk?

The_Albatross
12-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Greinke has a no trade clause I believe - he isn't going to the damn Nationals...

cor030
12-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Greinke has a no trade clause I believe - he isn't going to the damn Nationals...

his no trade clause has the Nationals, Jays, Yankees, Red Sox, and several other teams on it. he said that he was willing to go to any team.

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 07:43 PM
wrong

Rangers do, but he is just 17 years old.... Jurickson Profar.... if the Rangers were willing to give him up, Greinke would already be a Ranger.

Good glove, bat is questionable at this point. A 17 year old is very hard to project and will not have a deal built around him. Im sure the Rangers could empty the system though.

The_Albatross
12-18-2010, 07:48 PM
his no trade clause has the Nationals, Jays, Yankees, Red Sox, and several other teams on it. he said that he was willing to go to any team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/547168-zack-greinke-whats-his-trade-market

The Nationals are on his NO TRADE LIST - meaning he likely doesn't want to go there.

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 08:07 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/547168-zack-greinke-whats-his-trade-market

The Nationals are on his NO TRADE LIST - meaning he likely doesn't want to go there.

doesnt mean he wouldnt accept a trade to DC

The_Albatross
12-18-2010, 08:28 PM
doesnt mean he wouldnt accept a trade to DC

Go from one ****show to another? Plus the media is worse in DC...

TexasHeat
12-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Good glove, bat is questionable at this point. A 17 year old is very hard to project and will not have a deal built around him. Im sure the Rangers could empty the system though.

You don't empty the farm system for Greinke....

The only pitcher you empty the farm system for is Josh Johnson.

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 08:47 PM
You don't empty the farm system for Greinke....

The only pitcher you empty the farm system for is Josh Johnson.

Felix

TexasHeat
12-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Felix

They aren't trading Felix, period.

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 08:53 PM
They aren't trading Felix, period.

I thought you were speaking hypothetically

BeauJ
12-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Teharan is pretty much untouchable. Freeman will be starting next season. Philly should raise their payroll another 20 mil and sign Greinke and just roll with the R2C2ZK rotation. Quest for 117

USAviator
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM

the Yankees are on his no trade list.

STA1011
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Teharan is pretty much untouchable. Freeman will be starting next season. Philly should raise their payroll another 20 mil and sign Greinke and just roll with the R2C2ZK rotation. Quest for 117

http://animeotaku.animeblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/coolface.jpg

DetKimble
12-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Ivan Nova
Hector Noesi
Andrew Brackman
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances
DJ Mitchell
David Phelps
Austin Romine
Jesus Montero
Gary Sanchez
Brandon Laird
Dave Adams
Melky Mesa

monteros supposed to be sick. we got him, posada, cervelli, and martin now, hopefully someone needs a catcher

melanimal_old
12-18-2010, 09:41 PM
monteros supposed to be sick. we got him, posada, cervelli, and martin now, hopefully someone needs a catcher

problem is Montero, Romine and Sanchez cant catch.

Montero is going to have enough problems coming up this year and throwing him to the wolves as a catcher is not a good idea. I bet Posada catches more and Montero is the DH, even though its been reported differently.

Negatron617
12-18-2010, 09:47 PM
yankees will get him no matter what

PitBillSoxFan
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Yankees

x's 2

ORly?

89FoxBody
12-19-2010, 01:57 PM
He went to the Brewers. For a bunch of ****ty prospects. LOL.

From one horribad team to another one. Good job Zack. phaggot.

PitBillSoxFan
12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
He went to the Brewers. For a bunch of ****ty prospects. LOL.

From one horribad team to another one. Good job Zack. phaggot.

He really may not want a big market situation, and the Brewers have a better chance at winning than the Royals.

You didn't actually think he would go to NY did you?

melanimal_old
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Greinke and Gallardo is a pretty damn good 1-2

evilsteve02
12-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Lmao you don't know anything about the players but you talk sh*t anyway. Classic.

Ivan Nova = great stuff, questionable makeup, who knows what he will turn out to be
Andrew Brackman
Manny Banuelos
Dellin Betances = all 3 of these guys are straight up nasty and will be MLB ready by next year if not by this summer.
David Phelps = 66 MiLB starts, 2.50 ERA, 1.156 ERA...must not be any good
Austin Romine = Defensively MLB ready, bat is ok.
Jesus Montero = Disgusting bat, questionable catching at best. Top 5 prospect in all MLB.
Gary Sanchez = 18 year old Catcher, already tearing it up, granted in low A
Brandon Laird = MLB ready 1b/3b, obviously blocked.
Dave Adams = MLB ready 2b, obviously blocked by Cano.
Hector Noesi = in 59 MiLB starts he has a 3.16 ERA and a WHIP of 1.074...Nope definitely no talent there.

Nope no good prospects there.

Brackman, Banuelos, Betances, Romine Montero Sanchez, are all top 100 prospects.

Pls go.

pls go dude, stop acting like any of those guys except for maybe montero (who will be a DH in the pros)... if these guys are so great how come noone wants any of them? nuff said...move on bro......

cor030
12-19-2010, 06:23 PM

well you were right there. the Nats actually had a deal in place with the Royals and Greinke rejected the trade.

kind of glad he ended up going to the Brewers. I didn't want the Nats to give up Zimmermann OR Espinoza.

The_Albatross
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
yankees will get him no matter what

If Greinke went to the Yankees he would've quit baseball midseason or killed himself.

BRB attempting to handle biggest and most inforgiving media market with social anxiety disorder.

Guy would've folded like a stack of cards, similar to Brendan Fraser in the movie The Scout.

89FoxBody
12-19-2010, 07:59 PM
He really may not want a big market situation, and the Brewers have a better chance at winning than the Royals.

You didn't actually think he would go to NY did you?

No I didn't think he would, but apparently he stated that he wouldn't mind it.

pls go dude, stop acting like any of those guys except for maybe montero (who will be a DH in the pros)... if these guys are so great how come noone wants any of them? nuff said...move on bro......

Since when does nobody want them? The Yankees never even made an offer for Greinke.

melanimal_old
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Banuelos is very legit. People are saying hes the next Johan Santana.

jacketfan
12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Greinke and Gallardo is a pretty damn good 1-2

grienke, gallardo, marcum, and wolf(meh)

make a pretty respectable rotation

-=Zeus=-!
12-19-2010, 10:39 PM
grienke, gallardo, marcum, and wolf(meh)

make a pretty respectable rotation

A LOT better then last season. They are really pushing for a post season run, and I think its possible with the NL Central.