PDA

View Full Version : 3 way trade with the Suns, Magic, Wizards

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Magic get Turkey-glue, Arenas and give up Vince, Rashard Lewis, and Marcin Gortat and possibly a first round pick

is this good or does someone end up getting shot in Orlando?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/18/reports-rashard-lewis-on-the-table-for-gilbert-arenas/

charity4thepoor
12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
getting rid of gortat = utter fail

he is undoubtedly the best player on that team

DB791
12-18-2010, 09:58 AM
That sounds like an awful trade for the Magic

BBGAMBINI31
12-18-2010, 10:00 AM
so who backs up howard?

dan213
12-18-2010, 10:01 AM
what an awful deal for orlando.

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 10:03 AM
so who backs up howard?

Bass.

So they give up a terrible contract just to take on an even worse one? cmon son.

JTringer
12-18-2010, 10:05 AM
wtf no plz

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 10:05 AM
If I was Orlando I'd be trying to get J-Rich instead of Hedo

brb_ballin
12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Orlando got shook and are scrambling for a deal.. not much confidence is evident by this deal.

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Bass.

So they give up a terrible contract just to take on an even worse one? cmon son.

Lol Bass don't have the size to bang with the Celtics at C. Better hope Dwight doesn't get in foul trouble.

They weren't beating Boston anyway but still.

brb_ballin
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM

lol they are worlds apart... Turk is absolute garbage.

anonymous123
12-18-2010, 10:16 AM
why the **** would orlando do that?

GodzSource
12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
cause orlandos gm was arenas mentor in golden state he prob thinks he can straighten him out but carters contract is expiring and they are giving up lewis and a 1 why they would include gortat is rediculous no one else is taking arenas contract

killerthrilller
12-18-2010, 10:33 AM
i hope this goes through so i can watch the magic miss the playoffs

NewYorkMets
12-18-2010, 10:39 AM
turkey did have some success with the magic but hasn't been the same since he left. they should get rid of lewis tho, they have enough shooters but they should try to get some toughness back in return.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Why would they want Gilbert, they already have JJ.

Mafioso76
12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
as I remember the turkey playhed freakin great in the playoff with the magic a few years ago........

its50
12-18-2010, 10:53 AM
woulda been a solid deal if they weren't giving up Gortat

they needed to move VJ - he's absolute garbage and will never win anything

richard02
12-18-2010, 11:05 AM
@Chris_Broussard: Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat

@Chris_Broussard: Magic & Suns closing in on deal Hedo/jRich to Orl 4 Vince/Gortat. 90% of it happening, sources say, n 24 hrs

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Holy fukk Orlando going all in now.

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:08 AM
@Chris_Broussard: Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat

@Chris_Broussard: Magic & Suns closing in on deal Hedo/jRich to Orl 4 Vince/Gortat. 90% of it happening, sources say, n 24 hrs

Wow... So Orlando's picking up Arenas, Hedo AND J-Rich?? Plus a big (Hilton Armstrong) ?

I like this deal for them now.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Lol at Hedo going back to Orlando. I don't get why they're trying to get JRich and Arenas.

Mafioso76
12-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow... So Orlando's picking up Arenas, Hedo AND J-Rich?? Plus a big (Hilton Armstrong) ?

agree....they're gonna need everythin they got to go deep...n probably still wont make finals...

Source7769
12-18-2010, 11:10 AM

they should give them picks instead of gortat vince is an expiring contract

kabobs
12-18-2010, 11:10 AM
the trade isnt that bad guys.....lewis is one of the most overrated players in the league, and carter isnt himself anymore. they had to make a change

anonymous123
12-18-2010, 11:12 AM
the trade isnt that bad guys.....lewis is one of the most overrated players in the league, and carter isnt himself anymore. they had to make a change

turkeyglue is probably a top 5 most overrated players of all time

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 11:13 AM
VC fukking sucks, this is a huge upgrade. Turkoglu was the reason the Magic made it to the finals, now they get Richardson as well?

Parlor_Mob
12-18-2010, 11:14 AM

ffffuuuu

I wanted the Bulls to get Richardson.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
So magic depth with these trades will be:
Howard-Armstrong
Bass-Anderson
Hedo-QRich
Arenas-JRich-Pietrus-JJ
Nelson-Duhon-Williams

So many guards. Can probably shift to SF but still no depth for the bigs.

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 11:15 AM
"Washington deal with Orlando is close and will be Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas straight up, sources say....no big going from Wiz to Orl" - Broussard

so who replaces Gortat?

Jattfusion
12-18-2010, 11:16 AM
dont think any team wants hedo.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:16 AM
So magic depth with these trades will be:
Howard-Armstrong-Orton
Bass-Anderson-Allen
Hedo-QRich
Arenas-JRich-Pietrus-JJ
Nelson-Duhon-Williams

So many guards. Can probably shift to SF but still no depth for the bigs.

Parlor_Mob
12-18-2010, 11:17 AM
"Washington deal with Orlando is close and will be Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas straight up, sources say....no big going from Wiz to Orl" - Broussard

so who replaces Gortat?

Brandon Bass I guess

edit:nvm

Maybe Armstrong and Orton gets more playtime

LyonGaultier
12-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I cannot believe the Suns are giving away J. Rich, he is the one that is holding the team together and now that Steve Nash could be out and chances are that Gortat isn't going to contribute like he does in Orlando ala Turkeyglue.

awahl63
12-18-2010, 11:19 AM
ffffuuuu

I wanted the Bulls to get Richardson.

This.

At first when I opened the thread I was like wtf are you doing Orlando...now they would definitely be upgrading.

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:20 AM
btw, when I mentioned Armstrong in my other post, that was just me speculating after looking at the Wiz's roster. (No way are they giving up McGee)

WheyneNewton
"Full deal: Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations, sources say"

err wow

Parlor_Mob
I cannot believe the Suns are giving away J. Rich, he is the one that is holding the team together and now that Steve Nash could be out and chances are that Gortat isn't going to contribute like he does in Orlando ala Turkeyglue.

True but Suns really want to get rid of Hedo's contract and I guess they get a slightly above average big man in the process.

kabobs
12-18-2010, 11:22 AM
so arenas and the wizards are no longer part of the deal?

WheyneNewton
12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
so arenas and the wizards are no longer part of the deal?

no it's two separate trades with Lewis for Arenas straight up

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:24 AM
"Full deal: Phx sends Hedo/J Rich/Earl Clark to Orlando for Vince/Gortat/Pietrus, 2011 first round pick and cash considerations, sources say"

err wow

So Phoenix is looking like

C - Lopez/Gortat
PF - Frye/Warrick
SF - Hill/Pietrus/
SG - Vince/Dudley/Childress
PG - Nash/Dragic

Looks like Phoenix is trying to hang with the big boys in the west by getting some size... one season too late, they're not making any noise without Amare.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:26 AM
If lets say this goes through and the Wizards deal goes through and this still doesn't get them over the hump, they will be in cap hell for years. Howard will prob leave lulz.

Not really if you look at it. JRich is in the last year of his contract, and even though they'd be picking up a lot in Hedo and Arenas, they're letting their two highest contracts go (Lewis/Carter).

Looking at 2011/2012 salaries, Orlando would actually be cutting ~20M (unless they resign JRich/Armstrong).

LyonGaultier
12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't mind adding Pietrus. That's pretty good actually except losing a draft pick and hopefully Lawal gets some playing time for the Suns.

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
arenas is a lot better than people give him credit for. he's playing pretty well on a team that doesn't want him where he is the #1 option. he'll be the 2nd or 3rd option on the magic which will be great for him, and he gets a new start, and better weather.

rashard lewis on the other hand is having the worst season of his career and has looked absolutely dreadful for the magic. lewis for arenas is a GREAT move for them. its ok for the wiz just because they'll have wall back and wanna get rid of arenas.

VC is a cancer, dude will never win a ring and the magic play worse with him. there's a chance hedo will be good again and he plays his best ball with d12, this is good ****.

jason richardson is a stud too, this is good for them.

hate to see them lose gortat but its way less of a big deal than people are making it. d12 will be getting 40+ minutes every game of the playoffs and gortat wouldn't have played much anyway. they didn't REALLY need him unless howard gets injured. seeing as he's the most durable player in the NBA, they have little reason to worry.

Parlor_Mob
12-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Not really if you look at it. JRich is in the last year of his contract, and even though they'd be picking up a lot in Hedo and Arenas, they're letting their two highest contracts go (Lewis/Carter).

Looking at 2011/2012 salaries, Orlando would actually be cutting ~20M (unless they resign JRich/Armstrong).

Ya you're right I deleted my post right after I clicked submit after thinking about it.

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:33 AM
arenas is a lot better than people give him credit for. he's playing pretty well on a team that doesn't want him where he is the #1 option. he'll be the 2nd or 3rd option on the magic which will be great for him, and he gets a new start, and better weather.

Yup. I'm from northern VA so I've seen a lot of him. He's a much more willing passer now than he was before. He can knock down those open looks he'll get in Orlando's system. If he keeps his behavior together, he would be a great addition.

Ya you're right I deleted my post right after I clicked submit after thinking about it.

Heh yeah. First looking at the trade I thought it would set them back cap-wise too. Didn't realize how much Lewis and Carter were making.

Hoop_Dreams
hate to see them lose gortat but its way less of a big deal than people are making it. d12 will be getting 40+ minutes every game of the playoffs and gortat wouldn't have played much anyway. they didn't REALLY need him unless howard gets injured. seeing as he's the most durable player in the NBA, they have little reason to worry.

Gortat played some pretty important minutes in their finals run a few years ago.

If D12 gets in foul trouble (which WILL happen during a 7 game series), who's gonna replace him? Bass will get eaten up by the frontcourts in the East.

GPx
Great trade for Orlando.

Carter and Pietrus for Turkoglu and J.Rich? Uhh that's a steal.

Then Rashard Lewis for Arenas? Finally a guy that can create his own shot.

Now they found a way to even keep Gortat. Great moves by Orlando.

anonymous123
12-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Great trade for Orlando.

funny how everyone was always on lewis's nuts before now

now all of a sudden he's garbage and overrated

IllPhill
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Because the last time he played remotely well was in the 09 playoffs. Since then he's been utter sh*t. Why wouldn't you get rid of him?

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Gortat played some pretty important minutes in their finals run a few years ago.

If D12 gets in foul trouble (which WILL happen during a 7 game series), who's gonna replace him? Bass will get eaten up by the frontcourts in the East.

This will be their bigs after the trade (if they lose gortat)

Dwight Howard 6-11
Daniel Orton 6-10
Malik Allen 6-10
Ryan Anderson 6-10
Hedo Turkoglu 6-10
Brandon Bass 6-8

lol, I think they'll be ok. I'm sure one of those guys has played defense before.

mad heat fan detected

GPx
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM

Have you seen his stats?

12ppg on 42% shooting. This is his worst season in a decade and on top of that he's making what? 20 mill? He also can't create his shot, losing Hedo who actually penetrated the defense hurt him.

anonymous123
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
Because the last time he played remotely well was in the 09 playoffs. Since then he's been utter sh*t. Why wouldn't you get rid of him?

not saying any of that

it's just lol-worthy how fast people can turn from being on a dude's nuts to thinking he's overrated as ****

BBGAMBINI31
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Great trade for Orlando.

Gortat was traded to Phoenix

FryDude
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Turk is 10x worse than VC...

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Dwight Howard 6-11
Daniel Orton 6-10
Malik Allen 6-10
Ryan Anderson 6-10
Hedo Turkoglu 6-10
Brandon Bass 6-8

lol, I think they'll be ok. I'm sure one of those guys has played defense before.

Brb thinking because a guy is 6'10" he can play D.

I still think Orlando wins the trade but they need a goon to back-up Dwight. Someone like a PJ Brown.

IllPhill
12-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Dwight Howard 6-11
Daniel Orton 6-10
Malik Allen 6-10
Ryan Anderson 6-10
Hedo Turkoglu 6-10
Brandon Bass 6-8

lol @ hedon't being a big. just like when phoenix thought he could replace stoudemire because they're the same height. anderson's a 3 point shooter along with the rest of the team, bass ain't big enough, and do allen and orton even play?

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Brb thinking because a guy is 6'10" he can play D.

to aware you on your ignorance

the ONLY reason daniel orton was even drafted was because he was considered to be an absolute lockdown defender.

his skills are like

Offense D+
Defense A-

they aint worried brah

IllPhill
12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
not saying any of that

it's just lol-worthy how fast people can turn from being on a dude's nuts to thinking he's overrated as ****

I admit I was on dat ass even when he was shooting the crap out of my team 2 years ago. I don't think he's overrated at all, he's just steadily declining

AuDre11
12-18-2010, 11:47 AM
I heard The Magic are getting J Rich too. Look:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai4c1U3SS13IoQ9tHFa2DsQ5nYcB?slug=aw-arenastradetalks121810

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
well they just got earl clark

so now you guys can stop crying about them not having a defender

AuDre11
12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
But, who do the Wizards get?

dtbrehm
12-18-2010, 11:49 AM
But, who do the Wizards get?
Lewis for Arenas straight up.

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:49 AM
to aware you on your ignorance

the ONLY reason daniel orton was even drafted was because he was considered to be an absolute lockdown defender.

his skills are like

Offense D+
Defense A-

they aint worried brah

I'm the ignorant one, yet you listed Hedo and Ryan Anderson as "defensive replacements" for Gortat.

And Orton is at least 2 years away from being NBA ready. He shoulda stayed at Kentucky.

Brb asking a rookie to play important minutes in the playoffs when he hasn't even played one minute in the regular season.

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm the ignorant one, yet you listed Hedo and Ryan Anderson as "defensive replacements" for Gortat.

And Orton is at least 2 years away from being NBA ready. He shoulda stayed at Kentucky.

Brb asking a rookie to play important minutes in the playoffs when he hasn't even played one minute in the regular season.

come playoff time if the difference between the magic winning or losing a series is their defensive presence in the post I will rep you for life.

if not, I will laugh at you and you can rep me for life. we can make a poll on it and ask the sports section if it was a determining factor. deal?

Source7769
12-18-2010, 11:54 AM
they are giving up gortat and pietrus to phx and picks with expiring carter contract thats a ripoff

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:55 AM
come playoff time if the difference between the magic winning or losing a series is their defensive presence in the post I will rep you for life.

if not, I will laugh at you and you can rep me for life. we can make a poll on it and ask the sports section if it was a determining factor. deal?

Assuming the Magic don't add anymore bigs, ok. Minus the reps for life part.

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Assuming the Magic don't add anymore bigs, ok. Minus the reps for life part.

aight. did you see that they added earl clark? if you're cool with it considering that, I'm in.

Hoop_Dreams
12-18-2010, 11:59 AM
aight. did you see that they added earl clark? if you're cool with it considering that, I'm in.

lol yeah... Clark isn't a defensive presence either.

gswarrior510
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70647/20101218/magic_close_to_deal_for_turkoglu_richardson/

The Magic and Suns are close to finalizing a trade that would send Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Earl Clark to the Magic for Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a first round pick and $3 million.

SLapCHop
12-18-2010, 12:08 PM
magic are desperate cuz they need some1 to make plays other than howard.. its sad to watch them when they are off, howard gets 39 pts and the whole team scores like 83 pts

carter/lewis are old, huge overpaid contracts, its for the best

Manletbolic
12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
nash needs to get out of the suns

Lugie
12-18-2010, 12:23 PM
nash needs to get out of the suns

New York is going to sweep him up or Pat Riley will work his magic

21Classic
12-18-2010, 12:24 PM

lol thats not gonna happen

hes playing lights.out and if he decides to return, Suns are gonna break the bank for him.

21Classic
12-18-2010, 12:27 PM
WHAT THE FUCCK?!!?!

I thought that J rich talk was 'jus sayin' type shiit, then i read the article

omfg if this goes down, the suns just ****ed themselves

I cant see straight right now

why the **** would they do this????

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo ooooo

Manletbolic
12-18-2010, 12:35 PM
New York is going to sweep him up or Pat Riley will work his magic

nash to miami would be too much real life

IllPhill
12-18-2010, 12:39 PM

Yeah it would make wade/lebron further realize how much they don't know how to play off the ball

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah it would make wade/lebron further realize how much they don't know how to play off the ball

lol, this. That would be a trainwreck waiting to happen.

anonymous123
12-18-2010, 12:41 PM

ewww god no

unleashed132
12-18-2010, 12:49 PM

Strong WTF, J-RIch is beast mode right now in Phoenix... SMH SMH at giving away jrich :(

21Classic
12-18-2010, 12:51 PM

Nash to NY would be great

I wanna see Nash in LA.

i just want him to win a ring, i dont care with who.

IllPhill
12-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Looks like it's official now. Lol @ any team taking bum ass turk

SLapCHop
12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
at least suns get rid of hedo, he plays like 15min a game there

LyonGaultier
12-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Nash will be heading to NY before February.

gswarrior510
12-18-2010, 01:00 PM
this trade is great for Magic tbh..

Nelson
Jrich
Hedo
Bass
Howard

sick

whiteboyy09
12-18-2010, 01:04 PM
wtf are the suns doing

ZidaneValor
12-18-2010, 01:10 PM
wtf are the suns doing

The Suns are basically playing for the future now.

Steve Nash will be traded before the deadline.

ADMirIN
12-18-2010, 01:12 PM
so how are they going to fit Nelson, Arenas, JRich, QRich, Hedo in the same line up....

Money Shot
12-18-2010, 01:12 PM
excellent deal for orlando. They were just going to buy out vince's contract at the end of the year anyway to save 17 million due to a clause in his contract. Both he and Lewis are clearly on the downsides of their careers.

meanwhile, J-Rich is having a great year and Arenas is doing better than expected. It still puts them third behind miami and boston though

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
inb4 Nash to NYK

Money Shot
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
The Suns are basically playing for the future now.

Steve Nash will be traded before the deadline.

I still have a hard time believing that since he still has what? 3 years on his contract? He is still one of the premier PG's in the league so I think they will look to keep him around while they build up. You may be right though, it wouldn't surprise me either way

poppa_boner
12-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Hedo is absolute trash now.

J-Rich can be 50/50 depending on how his day goes.

Arenas will not really fit in that system well. They could have done the Lewis for Arenas trade at anytime why do all the trades at once, lets see how the Suns trade works out first.

Besides Howard, they have no legit bigmen on the team now.

The Magic definitely got a lot worse today.

Wizards - this lets John Wall be the control of the team, great trade and Lewis will do wonders in that offense.

Suns - possibly the best bench in the NBA, having a legit solid backup in every position. Pietrus will be real nice in that system, Carter is an expiring which is good for the future and he can do exactly what Jason Richardson did and more. And the huge steal, Gortat, guy is a beast, was getting paid a lot in Orlando to do nothing, he will come out now and beast. Gortat won them this trade.

NYSackExchange
12-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Hedo is absolute trash now.

J-Rich can be 50/50 depending on how his day goes.

Arenas will not really fit in that system well. They could have done the Lewis for Arenas trade at anytime why do all the trades at once, lets see how the Suns trade works out first.

Besides Howard, they have no legit bigmen on the team now.

The Magic definitely got a lot worse today.

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/14/rvf605.gif

Hedo thrived in his time with the Magic and J-Rich is >>> Carter. Now Orlando finally has shooters so their inside-out offense will be as effective as it was in 09. They just got a lot better.

poppa_boner
12-18-2010, 01:36 PM
http://threadbombing.com/data/media/14/rvf605.gif

Hedo thrived in his time with the Magic and J-Rich is >>> Carter. Now Orlando finally has shooters so their inside-out offense will be as effective as it was in 09. They just got a lot better.

Hedo is way to slow on the court, his shot is gone, he needs to really set himself into position for him to make a shot now. You guys are thinking way too much of 09' Hedo, the guy was playing like that because of a contract year, he is completely unmotivated and lazy now. There team chemistry is gone.

No solid depth, Bass and Howard your only big men?

Tell me how this trade makes them a better contender for the NBA championship, would love to hear it.

Straight up panic trade for the worse.

ZidaneValor
12-18-2010, 01:42 PM
I still have a hard time believing that since he still has what? 3 years on his contract? He is still one of the premier PG's in the league so I think they will look to keep him around while they build up. You may be right though, it wouldn't surprise me either way

I was thinking of a trade that would make any type of sense for Nash, and Bill Simmons beat me to it.

http://twitter.com/sportsguy33

Most logical Nash trade: Nash to Knicks for Felton + an expiring deal. Then NYK goes all in for the Melo-Nash-Amare pipe dream.

I wouldn't think the Knicks would give up on Felton so quickly, but that Heat game last night was brutal even though he had 10 assists.

Be_Easy_25
12-18-2010, 01:45 PM
did u see felton guarding dwyane wade?

nash pls go.

Money Shot
12-18-2010, 02:20 PM
I was thinking of a trade that would make any type of sense for Nash, and Bill Simmons beat me to it.

http://twitter.com/sportsguy33

I wouldn't think the Knicks would give up on Felton so quickly, but that Heat game last night was brutal even though he had 10 assists.

wow nash-melo-amare. I love it but I don't live in a fantasy world. Felton has been an all star this year but obviously I'd make that move

Otaman
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM
I wonder who Magic will start tonight

SteezeFactory
12-18-2010, 02:32 PM
WHAT THE FUCCK?!!?!

OMG lets all freak out because the 12-13 Suns made a fukking move!!!! Gortat is going to be a great player, when RoLo is back we will finally be able to compete with teams on the boards instead of getting murdered on the glass and in the paint all game long. This was obviously a move to clear up cap space, we traded for VC who will not get resigned and we dumped Hedo's bum ass and shiit contract in the process. Sucks giving up JRich, but at least we got essentially Gortat, Pietrus, and a 1st rounder for him. 2 first round picks will be sweet too, we need to get more young talent onto this team.

I think with this move the Suns could at least sneak into the playoffs, our previous lineup was not going to win sh*t. Bench is still deep as hell and we freed up a lot of money in the future, I am happy with the trade.

SLapCHop
12-18-2010, 02:33 PM
felton is good nuff for knicks, they need melo and more big men in nyk and they'll be good even if that means takin stoudemire out of his center spot

WeWannaChill
12-18-2010, 02:39 PM
this trade is great for Magic tbh..

Nelson
Jrich
Hedo
Bass
Howard

sick

who is on the floor once arenas comes in the picture?

I don't really see gil coming off the bench, he hasn't done that since his rookie year.

3000RT
12-18-2010, 02:41 PM
lol I dont think any team got any good things out of this trade

S19
12-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Nelson
Arenas
Jrich
Turk
Howard
Sick trade for the Magic IMO

Pro_Shark
12-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Love this trade for the Suns. We get another big man that we desperately need, get out of Hedo's ****ty ass contract, a bigger expiring in VC, and get a first rounder out of the whole deal. The only thing we really gave up is Richardson, which sucks but I think the pro's out way the con's.

gswarrior510
12-18-2010, 04:14 PM
love this trade for the suns. We get another big man that we desperately need, get out of hedo's ****ty ass contract, a bigger expiring in vc, and get a first rounder out of the whole deal. The only thing we really gave up is richardson, which sucks but i think the pro's out way the con's.

out way

Pro_Shark
12-18-2010, 04:18 PM
out way

Thanks brah. I was worried I might have an error in my post.

jacketfan
12-18-2010, 05:13 PM

I don't really see gil coming off the bench, he hasn't done that since his rookie year.

he has come off the bench this year and said he was fine with it on the wiz.

im kinda glad gortat got traded. was kinda of a dick move of teh magic to match the mavs offer sheet where he would of started and then give him 12 minutes a game lol.

Brandman316
12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't understand this trade at all. Theres a saying in sports that if you are gonna make a trade, and its not for financial reasons, you better get better on the court/field. For Orlando, I don't see where they got better.

Vince Carter and Jason Richardson are essentially the same type of player statistically, Hedo was great for the Magic in 09, but isn't playing anywhere near that level... Yes Gilbert Arenas is a guy that can create his own shot, which is something the Magic have desperately needed, but he's the type of character you can't rely on. Any guy that waves a gun around in the locker room and gets suspended for 50 games CAN NOT be relied upon.

If the Magic ever want to be legit contenders for a title, they need a big go to guy, someone like a Carmelo or Chris Paul.. This trade just makes this team the same they were before it, a bunch of shooters who rely too much on the jump shot.

Dallas Mavericks of the East.

PerfectFormForever
12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
It'll be fun to have Jason Richardson back in the East.

Sandbrah
12-18-2010, 05:52 PM
this doesn't really make either team any better, and LOL at ppl freaking out when gortat leaves, as if he was playing any decent time anyways, this dude is gonna go beserk with the suns, cuz of nash with him. I think if Gortat can play at a high level, suns get a big bonus from this. if not, both teams lose.

And the magic are screwed, they have no PF/SF that plays downlow, besides bass, which doesn't get used as often as he should. So if Bass gets more time, and Arenas fits in, I think Orlando will do very well.

gswarrior510
12-18-2010, 05:55 PM
this doesn't really make either team any better, and LOL at ppl freaking out when gortat leaves, as if he was playing any decent time anyways, this dude is gonna go beserk with the suns, cuz of nash with him. I think if Gortat can play at a high level, suns get a big bonus from this. if not, both teams lose.

And the magic are screwed, they have no PF/SF that plays downlow, besides bass, which doesn't get used as often as he should. So if Bass gets more time, and Arenas fits in, I think Orlando will do very well.

LOL at listing positives of the trade and then saying that it doesn't make either team better..wtf.

and Magic never had a PF that plays downlow..before the trade either.

Sandbrah
12-18-2010, 06:00 PM
LOL at listing positives of the trade and then saying that it doesn't make either team better..wtf.

and Magic never had a PF that plays downlow..before the trade either.

obv I meant if those things dont happen, both teams lose out in the trade, which is most likely, cuz I doubt Gortat is gonna play well, nor is Arenas gonna integrate well.

I think clear winner here is Washington.

FryDude
12-18-2010, 06:06 PM
obv I meant if those things dont happen, both teams lose out in the trade, which is most likely, cuz I doubt Gortat is gonna play well, nor is Arenas gonna integrate well.

lol @ phoenix losing out, they win no matter how you slice it.

Sandbrah
12-18-2010, 06:07 PM
lol @ phoenix losing out, they win no matter how you slice it.

not at 13-14.

FryDude
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
not at 13-14.

And they have playoff aspirations in the Western conference?

Money Shot
12-18-2010, 06:26 PM

um gil has been coming off the bench this year except when john wall is out

Money Shot
12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
and lol at people saying gortat is this amazing player. he averages 4 ppg. He will have the same role in phoenix but with a slight increase in minutes backing up hakim warrick and robin lopez

gswarrior510
12-18-2010, 07:10 PM
84sKRMBveB4
FP__8W53hlw

welcome back orlando warriors

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 10:55 AM
WHAT THE FUCCK?!!?!

Not really. Jason Richardson wasn't going to be resigned. Suns are at least getting something back for him unlike Amare. Pietrus is a decent defender and will have a lot of open shots in the Phx system, he's a great pickup. Gortat gives them a solid inside presence and a decent shotblocker. Meanwhile they'll take whatever they can get from the skeleton formerly known as Vince Carter.

Phoenix also managed to dumped Turkoglu's contract, pick up a 1st round pick(acquiring rather than TRADING first rounders...you know Sarver wasn't involved). Not a bad deal at all.

Better on paper for Phoenix, better in reality for Orlando as J-Rich is going to be huge in that system and Turkoglu played his best there as well.

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 11:02 AM
OMG lets all freak out because the 12-13 Suns made a fukking move!!!! Gortat is going to be a great player, when RoLo is back we will finally be able to compete with teams on the boards instead of getting murdered on the glass and in the paint all game long. This was obviously a move to clear up cap space, we traded for VC who will not get resigned and we dumped Hedo's bum ass and shiit contract in the process. Sucks giving up JRich, but at least we got essentially Gortat, Pietrus, and a 1st rounder for him. 2 first round picks will be sweet too, we need to get more young talent onto this team.

I think with this move the Suns could at least sneak into the playoffs, our previous lineup was not going to win sh*t. Bench is still deep as hell and we freed up a lot of money in the future, I am happy with the trade.

Vince Carter's expiring contract could also be a nice trade chip for any team needing to free up some cap space. People that are upset with this aren't looking at reality. Jason Richardson was playing out of his mind at times, but he was also his same typical streaky self and on nights he was scoring 8-12 points, the Suns were getting blown out. This moves give the Suns some better depth, better rebounding, a better perimeter defender in Pietrus and an additional draft pick.

In the past, Phoenix would have gotten Gortat and Carter, given UP a first round pick and cash and been just as screwed, its good to see them making smarter moves these days.

SteezeFactory
12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
1_zXUyzgld0

I love Dwight's polish hammer sign, I want to buy a Gortat jersey and do that at games. Him and Nash will be fun to watch in the pick n roll based off of that video.

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
and lol at people saying gortat is this amazing player. he averages 4 ppg. He will have the same role in phoenix but with a slight increase in minutes backing up hakim warrick and robin lopez

There's a reason Dallas offered him a **** load of money. Gortat will be a starter in Phoenix, one way or another. He's instantly the best inside defender and the best shot-blocker that Phoenix has.

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 11:05 AM

How the **** is that? Rashard Lewis doesn't look like he's lost a step, he's lost a couple of feet. The guy has been plain garbage this year. Washington traded a guy they didn't want for a guy who can't really play anymore.

SteezeFactory
12-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Vince Carter's expiring contract could also be a nice trade chip for any team needing to free up some cap space. People that are upset with this aren't looking at reality. Jason Richardson was playing out of his mind at times, but he was also his same typical streaky self and on nights he was scoring 8-12 points, the Suns were getting blown out. This moves give the Suns some better depth, better rebounding, a better perimeter defender in Pietrus and an additional draft pick.

In the past, Phoenix would have gotten Gortat and Carter, given UP a first round pick and cash and been just as screwed, its good to see them making smarter moves these days.

I agree. I think VC will put up similar numbers to Richardson this year anyways, he might not have any huge 30+ nights but he should be solid. If he was averaging 15 in Orlando I think Nash could give him 4 more ppg to put up JRich numbers. And definitely, I was almost shocked to see we got a 1st rounder out of the deal instead of sending one. And it's funny because we were the team that drafted Gortat (and Rondo and a lot of other great players..) and traded him to Orlando.

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 11:09 AM
I agree. I think VC will put up similar numbers to Richardson this year anyways, he might not have any huge 30+ nights but he should be solid. If he was averaging 15 in Orlando I think Nash could give him 4 more ppg to put up JRich numbers. And definitely, I was almost shocked to see we got a 1st rounder out of the deal instead of sending one. And it's funny because we were the team that drafted Gortat (and Rondo and a lot of other great players..) and traded him to Orlando.

The sad thing is that the Suns missed out on a lot of great players through trades, but the pick they kept, they chose Earl Clark with. :(

SteezeFactory
12-19-2010, 11:12 AM
The sad thing is that the Suns missed out on a lot of great players through trades, but the pick they kept, they chose Earl Clark with. :(

Earl Clark as an IQ of pocket lint, such a waste. I love Dragic, but there were quite a few solid PG's that went after Clark but we ended up with that buster. Dragic + Collison/Lawson/Holliday would have been good for the future, oh well.

21Classic
12-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Not really. Jason Richardson wasn't going to be resigned. Suns are at least getting something back for him unlike Amare. Pietrus is a decent defender and will have a lot of open shots in the Phx system, he's a great pickup. Gortat gives them a solid inside presence and a decent shotblocker. Meanwhile they'll take whatever they can get from the skeleton formerly known as Vince Carter.

Phoenix also managed to dumped Turkoglu's contract, pick up a 1st round pick(acquiring rather than TRADING first rounders...you know Sarver wasn't involved). Not a bad deal at all.

Better on paper for Phoenix, better in reality for Orlando as J-Rich is going to be huge in that system and Turkoglu played his best there as well.

This team is struggling right now and we shipped away our best scorer

Vince is not going to produce anywhere near as much as JRich.

Also, I dont know who Gortat is.

You can say im freaking out needlessly, but from my perspective, we shipped away our best scorer for an over the hill soon to be retiree, another tall european who never pan out, a 1st round pick that rarely pan out- unless its the top 3 picks, NBA draft is full of bums.

If it turns out for the best then ill be happy, but right now we are lost. Only thing im happy about is dropping turkyglu, dude was a bum

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 11:22 AM

Who gives a ****? This team wasn't going anywhere WITH J-Rich and he was going to leave after the season anyways. Plus the whole "leading scorer" stuff is misleading. This is a guy who would score 35 and then 12 and then 24 and then 10 and then 15, up and down, up and down. On top of that, Richardson couldn't help with this teams biggest weakness and that is interior defense and rebounding. Suns were getting merc-ed by every team with a decent interior scorer.

Carter won't score as much, but he'll be a lot more consistent. And finally, JASON RICHARDSON WAS NOT GOING TO BE RESIGNED.

Eitherway this team is going to be end up crappy and I'm much happier with the Suns getting real assets for the future. Gortat and Pietrus are both young and have manageable contracts. Plus now the Suns have a 2nd 1st rounder for next season.

Dallas offered him 7 mil a year to be a starter and Orlando matched it to have him played 10-15 minutes a game, that should tell you something. He's a legit interior defender, he plays the pick and roll well, he's a decent passer and a good shot-blocker. There was a lot of interest from other teams in acquiring him and Phoenix has him now.

You can say im freaking out needlessly, but from my perspective, we shipped away our best scorer for an over the hill soon to be retiree, another tall european who never pan out, a 1st round pick that rarely pan out- unless its the top 3 picks, NBA draft is full of bums.

I know, those tall Europeans who never pan out. Have you told Pau Gasol by chance? Lets put it this way, Suns didn't just acquire Maciej Lampe or Jake Tsakalidis.

SteezeFactory
12-19-2010, 11:31 AM

If it turns out for the best then ill be happy, but right now we are lost. Only thing im happy about is dropping turkyglu, dude was a bum

Vince is putting up 15ppg shooting 47% from the field in Orlando, JRich is putting up 19 PPG. Big fukkin deal. He wasn't getting resigned and this team isn't at .500 and you are bitching because the FO just brightened the teams future? With our training staff and Nash, I'm not too worried about Vince being able to fill in for Rich for the rest of the season.

And you don't know who Gortat is? Got damn. Watch the video I posted a few posts up, he's going to flourish in the PnR with Nash and he's a damn good rebounder and interior defender. Don't look at his statline and freak out because he's not putting up numbers, he's stuck behind Dwight in Orlando. He can play. This team is a solid PF away from being legitimate again. I haven't paid attention to the draft at all, but we have two first rounders and that is definitely enough to move up if there is someone we like, especially if we end up with a lottery pick.

ElMariachi
12-19-2010, 12:03 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/12/teams-are-calling-about-marcin-gortat/

Suns weren't the only ones with interest in Gortat.