PDA

View Full Version : Is Eli Manning better than Phillip Rivers...

DB791
12-18-2010, 09:14 AM
because he has a ring?

Anabolistical
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
As far as this year goes no IMO.

tino124
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow people are trying to start a ****storm here arent they?

No, he is not better because he has a ring.

He is better because there is not a single QB i would rather under center down by 4 with 2 mins left in the game.

Come at me.

Be_Easy_25
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM
brady? big ben? are u trolling?

Christ no he's not better than philip rivers.

raider fan in here as well...who hates philip rivers...and doesnt think philip is all that great.

tino124
12-18-2010, 09:31 AM
brady? big ben? are u trolling?

Christ no he's not better than philip rivers.

raider fan in here as well...who hates philip rivers...and doesnt think philip is all that great.

Are you responding to me?

The stats back up my observations...

Eli Manning stands out with the top ACE rating in spite of his below-average QB rating. Eli also has a Super Bowl ring -- in fact, the last four Super Bowls have been won by the players with the top three ACE ratings, and Peyton may make it five in a row. The relationship between ACE rating and Super Bowl success will be analyzed further later on in this column.
From Footballoutsiders.com
http://footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2010/guest-column-adjusted-comeback-efficiency

Also, from ESPN.com

Now it's time to retire the myth of the clutch QB. We looked at it and there is no year to year correlation when the game is on the line. Good QBs are generally good QB's in the clutch - meaning their QB ratings stay relatively the same...bad QB's such as Kyle Orton remain bad QBs"

Of course there are exceptions to every rule and that exception is Manning. No, not Peyton - Eli. He's been the only active QB whose passer rating has been higher in the clutch for five straight seasons. The difference is very small in most of those seasons except last year when Eli was insanely clutch ( 132.6 rating vs. 86.4 rating overall). But , besides Eli Manning, clutch QB's don't exist.

quietstormx1
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
From Footballoutsiders.com
http://footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2010/guest-column-adjusted-comeback-efficiency

date of article: 02 Feb 2010

but no, this year rivers is better than Eli.

Eli is playing like he's gone full retard at times

ShweezyBTFO
10-15-2012, 11:05 PM
I lol'd.

GPx
10-15-2012, 11:15 PM
I lol'd.

This was the best thread you could find to bump?