PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick buys his girl a 90k Porsche

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 12:18 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Michael-Vick-buys-Porsche-for-girlfriend-bankruptcy-121610
Contract extension on the way?

Haters gonna hate

Oh, and strong whiteknight

turkey_server
12-16-2010, 12:20 PM
90k to him isn't **** brah

ezmac31
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
i thought even with the millions he has made since hes been back he had a lot of debt to pay back still?

pro11skj
12-16-2010, 12:22 PM
i thought even with the millions he has made since hes been back he had a lot of debt to pay back still?

I heard on the radio this morning that he pays something like 60% of his checks to cover his debt.

DR225
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
^ he still takes home 200k+. He'll finally be in the black again after his next contract. Who knows what could happen to him between now and his next payday though, this is a really stupid purchase.

niospecv
12-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Dumb purchase is dumb. He doesn't know anything about delayed gratification.

Woogiefied
12-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Strong 4 door Porshe, jakes on him.

matty_b_bop
12-16-2010, 12:37 PM
yeah, come on Vick. have some class and pay back your debt first.

take care of the important **** first.

MrCompetitive
12-16-2010, 12:38 PM

My guess is the NFL works in similar ways to college football that there are many under the table shenanigans..

PhrygianLydian
12-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Yall mother****ers care far too much

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Guys it's not a big deal. Probably gonna pay like 800 a month or so. Not like he paid it off rite away

theend2
90k to vick aint ****

bbacn123
Michael Michael Michael......you've never been the sharpest tool in the shed to say the least.....smh

rampagefc77
12-16-2010, 12:44 PM
90k to vick aint ****

Did you not read the article talking about his debt and how much of his money actually goes to him?

PhrygianLydian
12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
50KK_aDIw_E
.13-.24

Wu-Massacre
12-16-2010, 12:46 PM
do you people think he paid it straight up he is most likely paying it monthly

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Guys, this is Mike. Don't worry, it's cool. Woodbury Nissan is picking up the tab on this one.

-Mike

hawkrock60
12-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh, and strong whiteknightnot really, that'd be like you or me buying our girl an item off the dollar menu

c'mon dude, he's reformed, but he's still black (no racist)

brb_ballin
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
her name is Kijafa..

DuckNTruck
12-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Doesn't say he paid it in full. He could have just put a down payment on it and took out a loan, LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE lol.

seriously though, what would be the payments on it? $1500 a month? Like someone said, he still makes 250k+. If a ceo who made 300k a year did this, no one would bat an eye lol

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 12:58 PM
^^I don't care that he bought the car, especially since it was for his fiancÚ's birthday, not for some random ho, but that is a horrible analogy you made. Chances are, that CEO isn't paying back 60% of his income for his past debts

Wu-Massacre
12-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Doesn't say he paid it in full. He could have just put a down payment on it and took out a loan, LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE lol.

seriously though, what would be the payments on it? $1500 a month? Like someone said, he still makes 250k+. If a ceo who made 300k a year did this, no one would bat an eye loli thought if u get bankrupt you cant take out a loan

matty_b_bop
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
My guess is the NFL works in similar ways to college football that there are many under the table shenanigans..

i can see that. I'm sure he got a nice discount at the dealership. he probably also knows something we don't.

like Vick and want him to do well, hence why I wish he'd just take care of all the high priority stuff first. the cars and his fiance will still be there.

DuckNTruck
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
^^I don't care that he bought the car, especially since it was for his fiancÚ's birthday, not for some random ho, but that is a horrible analogy you made. Chances are, that CEO isn't paying back 60% of his income for his past debts

yearly salary after 60% of said funds going to pay off debt: .6*300k = $180,000

yearly car payment of car for said finance': $18000

Salary he has to live on for same year: $162,000

oh ya, he's still hurtin. definitely some serious hardship with so little to his name...

i thought if u get bankrupt you cant take out a loan

yes but with all the trappings of a horrible credit rating. However, he's mike vick. can't see it being that hard for him to go in and ask for a loan. even if it's at 20% interest, he could still get it.

bbacn123
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
do you people think he paid it straight up he is most likely paying it monthly

Even so:

1. He's spending money he doesn't have yet
2. He has debt he should pay off first
3. Not only is he spending money he doesn't have, he's spending it on his girlfriend
4. Mike exposed as putting the pussy on a pedestal

I mean obviously he's probably gonna be ok so it's not that big of a deal financially it just shows his lack of intelligence more than anything else.

I lost some respect for you today Mike Vick. You went beyond your current means to please some bitch. I am disappoint.

QB_Killa
12-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Who cares but I'm sure he's alright. Probably got it on finance and when he gets his new contract he'll pay it off in full.

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Brah I think she's his fiancÚ, srs

Even so:

3. Not only is he spending money he doesn't have, he's spending it on his girlfriend

I mean obviously he's probably gonna be ok so it's not that big of a deal financially it just shows his lack of intelligence more than anything else.

I lost some respect for you today Mike Vick. You went beyond your current means to please some bitch. I am disappoint.

bbacn123
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Brah I think she's a gold digging whore, srs

Fixed.

I'd give that bitch a hand crafted gift and be done with it. And she'd f*cking appreciate it.

PhrygianLydian
12-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Even so:

Lmao I'm sure he's heart broken

karas
12-16-2010, 01:19 PM
haha you guys care way too much, Vick will be rollin' very soon

really what I want to know

where the fuk are the pics of girl?

Lasers1
12-16-2010, 01:22 PM
Fixed.

I'd give that bitch a hand crafted gift and be done with it. And she'd f*cking appreciate it.

Calm down bro. No wk, but she's been with him since the atl days, and stayed with him when he was broke as fukk. Lot of his other "friends" took off on him

Photostic
12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Even so:

ROFL. Should he save up and pay cash for everything? Do you understand finance at all or do you just think Debt-Bad, Cash-Good?

The guy has an earning potential of $20mil for next year ALONE. He's not making 50k per year, he's in the NFL.

lovebbing
12-16-2010, 01:32 PM
90k to him isn't **** brah

he doesnt have anywhere near as much money as typical NFL players because he was bankrupt not that long ago

cor030
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
ROFL. Should he save up and pay cash for everything? Do you understand finance at all or do you just think Debt-Bad, Cash-Good?

The guy has an earning potential of $20mil for next year ALONE. He's not making 50k per year, he's in the NFL.

of course he can afford it. it's just the guy's image is already sketchy as is; doing this just makes it harder for people to like him.

GApump
12-16-2010, 01:33 PM
You gotta WK a girl pretty hard to make up for giving her the herp I guess.

bbacn123
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM

Cool story bro. I have earning potential too. brb going out and buying a 15,000 car when I dont have a full time job but I have earning potential in the future.

brb buying a 15,000 car before paying off my student loans.

Yeah how about no.jpg

And it's as a gift no less....smh

And I already said he's probably fine anyway but it is somewhat premature you f*cking clown. If you cant grasp that then you dont know finances

FlexGunmetal
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Strong 4 door Porshe, jakes on him.

They're amazing cars.

Photostic
12-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Cool story bro. I have earning potential too. brb going out and buying a 15,000 car when I dont have a full time job but I have earning potential in the future.

brb buying a 15,000 car before paying off my student loans.

Yeah how about no.jpg

And it's as a gift no less....smh

And I already said he's probably fine anyway but it is somewhat premature you f*cking clown. If you cant grasp that then you dont know finances

In the post I responded to you were only talking about him being stupid for buying **** while having debt. He's not some knuck dragging 9-5er. He can afford to take on debt unless something unforseen happens.

Now since you want to change issues and talk about how spending money hurts his image (even though he can afford it): Why would you get mad at him for spending money? How does it affect you at all? He's not hurting anyone and he's not going out and partying every night like most NFL players. Vick doesn't owe you sh!t. Shut up and watch him play.

bOOgie CurlZ
12-16-2010, 01:48 PM

this

GyM_RaT
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM

I2id3r
12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Lmao @ some of u guys thinking he doesnt have a laundry list of financial advisors taking care of this ****.

jdo1
12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
how much does he get when he goes to the pro bowl?

namean
12-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Ron Mexico :I

stevedarsh
12-16-2010, 04:06 PM
if he tears his ACL this weekend, he wont get the shiny new contract and he'll just be a jackass he spent beyond is means and is drowning in debt

FlyinTurdNugget
12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
lol at all you fking clowns getting into Vick's financial business... pls fking go.

CR123
12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Even so:

So Mike Vick is like 95% of the rest of country?????

MenTaLPiRacY
12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I like the fact that this happens all the time with other players but since its Vick they report it..

stevedarsh
12-16-2010, 04:24 PM
So Mike Vick is like 95% of the rest of country?????

dude is making modest 6 figures, in huge debt, spending 90k on a car. how is that not like the rest of the country? and dont tell me earning potential. he's in a business where your next play could be your last.

thegenerel
12-16-2010, 05:06 PM

point being, Vick has a huge financial burden already, and with zero guaranteed income next year, one can certainly argue that its a bit premature to purchase an asset that depreciates at a high rate.

its his business, and 99% chance it wont affect him, but athletes generally have a poor track record with money. im sure he isnt handling his finances alone, and i cannot imagine he ignored his advisors and got the car anyways.

They're amazing cars.

hell yes. every porsche is amazing.

for what they are (tweener) its awesome. i love the X6 but its not practical at all either. if I made millions, I'd own a Panamera.

thegenerel
12-16-2010, 05:13 PM
dude is making modest 6 figures, in huge debt, spending 90k on a car. how is that not like the rest of the country? and dont tell me earning potential. he's in a business where your next play could be your last.

your first sentence describes this country perfectly.

remember, we cannot be happy unless we spend outside of our means, rack up 20k in credit card debt, and build up enough stress to have a stroke before 60.

if Vick blew out his knee this sunday, and could never play again, the guy is in serious trouble.

WeWannaChill
12-16-2010, 05:17 PM
haha you guys care way too much, Vick will be rollin' very soon

strong jealous mofos up ITT

1. he obv didn't pay sticker

2. he probably got it for way cheap. it looks good when michael vick buys a porsche from your dealership. he's prob keeping their name on the car and/or doing commercials for them, going to their banquets or whatever.

3. he doesn't just have his salary, nike resigned him. not only that but who even knows if he paid for him. maybe he borrowed the cash from djax until next year.

as long as he's making all his payments this isn't a big deal. stop being jealous.

CR123
12-16-2010, 05:25 PM

So if I owe $300,000 on a house I shouldn't finance anything until it's paid off?

Nothing to do with earning potential every american for the most part buys stuff they cant afford continues to put themselves further in debt.

Also Vick is under a watchful eye of his attorneys, after paying his creditors vick has $300,000 to live on a year, that's plenty enough to afford a $90k car on. Not to mention the fact his first year's salary wasn't touched by his creditors.

Plus his plan is based on him making $5 million this year with incentives he can make $8 million....thats $3 extra in his pocket ...I'm pretty sure he will earn the incentives.

Then you're going to have the endorsements coming back, he's the highest vote getter in the NFL for the Pro Bowl, Look at Kobe Addidas dropped him after the rape thing then Nike picked him up $>public opinion my friend

nickrut
12-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Odds are he paid 30-40k AT MOST. If I had to bet, it was far less than this, but he'll probably have to be on a radio commercial or two for the car dealership that sold him the car.

Also, a 90k car isn't **** for a NFL player. I can see people bitching if it was a 400k lambo, but a 90k car is actually reasonable considering what most high profile NFL players buy.

Iceman50
12-16-2010, 07:18 PM
seen a thing on the news today, said he wants to buy a dog

FatWhiteKid
12-16-2010, 07:19 PM
James Harrison goes through a $90k Porsche every game in fines alone.

_Translucency
12-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Why is this news?

This is like the story I was forced to listen to all week about him buying him a dog. Apparently these are the stories the sports reporters in Philadelphia are covering when they can't cover Cliff Lee.