PDA

View Full Version : New power rankings yo

RedAuerbach
12-14-2010, 11:46 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

1.) Patriots 11-2 Pats fans should start to book flights to Dallas. This appears to be a Super Bowl team. (Clayton)

2.) Falcons 11-2 Falcons' second-ranked third-down offense has converted at least 50 percent in six of past seven games. (Sando)

3.) Steelers 10-3 Pittsburgh's D is allowing an average of only nine points per game in its past four. (Walker)

4.) Saints 10-3 Yes, Drew Brees has too many picks, but Saints lead NFL in third-down conversion rate. (Sando)

5.) Ravens 9-4 Baltimore beat Houston in overtime. But the Ravens' lack of killer instinct is concerning. (Walker)

6.) Eagles 9-4 Andy Reid could seal the deal for the NFC East if his Eagles can beat the Giants. (Clayton)

7.) Giants 9-4 The short week from the unexpected Monday night game and the injury list could make playing the Eagles even tougher. (Clayton)

8.) Bears 9-4 Does Brian Urlacher still think the Bears are better than the Patriots? (Walker)

9.) Jets 9-4 The Jets still might make the playoffs, but opponents have figured out the Jets' defense and QB Mark Sanchez. (Clayton)

10.) Packers 8-5 With no running game, the Packers proved they cannot thrive without QB Aaron Rodgers (concussion). (Walker)

Onita
12-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Can't argue too much with that. Browns at 21 is high, IMO.

Erik2806
12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
looks about right, no glaring flaws

21Classic
12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
what happened to the Bengals?

theyve quietly put together one of the worst seasons i can remember

its not like they have an excuse like most teams, we dont have a QB. they have Carson Palmer who is streaky but not 2-11 streaky

Bkcmart
12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
How have opponents figured out the Jets defense? Besides NE (who have figured out football in general), the Jets have only allowed 29 points total in 3 loses (Only 2 Touchdowns in those 3 games).

rumpsicle
12-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Packers might be too high at 10.

RedAuerbach
12-14-2010, 12:15 PM

a lot of it has to do with their # of wins and where they were last week.

if anything maybe below the jags? but i think they are in the right spot.

magicmatt
12-14-2010, 12:17 PM
been waiting all day for these

i was actually hoping the falcons were still 1 so i'd have something to bitch about

LikeAMachine
12-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Didn't the Steelers beat the Falcons minus Big Ben?

lol wut

thecreed
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd put the Eagles above the Ravens. Common opponents, Eagles beat up on both Falcons (yes in PHI) and Texans. Ravens lost to Falcons (yes in ATL) and eeeeeeked out an OT win against the Texans.

DRob27
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
atlanta owns the steelers

11-2>10-3

not to mention the NFC is much stronger than the AFC

not trying to argue the power rankings position but...

how does atlanta own us when we beat them? you just made no sense

FlexGunmetal
12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Expected Denver to have #32 locked down, son i am disappoint.

cchar042
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
the CBS power rankings have ATL at 1, NE at 2, CHI at 5 (wtf?), and NYJ at 9 (wtf?)

They really think the Falcons are better?

SpiderSense
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Gay.

I can have a job doing this if it were as easy as looking at team records and that's it.

Steelers and Saints will beat the Falcons if they played today.

magicmatt
12-14-2010, 01:22 PM
the CBS power rankings have ATL at 1, NE at 2, CHI at 5 (wtf?), and NYJ at 9 (wtf?)

They really think the Falcons are better?

haha holy ****

Pern
12-14-2010, 01:24 PM
atlanta owns the steelers

11-2>10-3

Troll or retard.

Not sure which.

heartswild
12-14-2010, 01:32 PM
atlanta is on fire and would destroy the steelers now....

alot of good teams lost the season opener, and it went into overtime and it was played in heinz

The only team the steelers have to worry about are the pats.

LikeAMachine
12-14-2010, 01:39 PM

lol, no

SpiderSense
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
atlanta is on fire and would destroy the steelers now

Dude, the Steelers would destroy the Falcons.

WTF the Falcons gonna do, run it?

Nope.

I guarantee anybody reading this right here right now:

The first team to shut the Falcons running game down and force the ball in Matt Ryan's hands will beat the Falcons.

ElBonemeister
12-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Kind of surprised that 6/10 are NFC teams TBH

edit: SpideySense making sense^^^

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 02:06 PM

Nope.

The first team to shut the Falcons running game down and force the ball in Matt Ryan's hands will beat the Falcons.

Matt Ryan 22td 8 int 3000 + yds passing. Srs? He has more than proven he can take over a game with his arm. So because Pitt beat Atlanta the 1st week of the season in Pitt in OT they would all the sudden destroy Atlanta now? lol

Hey Cleveland beat New Orleans earlier this year. Would they "destroy" them if they played them now? GTFO

Pern
12-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Matt Ryan 22td 8 int 3000 + yds passing. Srs? He has more than proven he can take over a game with his arm. So because Pitt beat Atlanta the 1st week of the season in Pitt in OT they would all the sudden destroy Atlanta now? lol

Hey Cleveland beat New Orleans earlier this year. Would they "destroy" them if they played them now? GTFO

Take away Matt Ryan and put in the backup if you're not going to mention the Steelers played that game without Ben.

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 02:13 PM
^^^

thats the dealbreaker, they didnt even have big ben

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Take away Matt Ryan and put in the backup if you're not going to mention the Steelers played that game without Ben.

Wrong.

Chris Redman is one of the better backups in the league. He played in a few games last year when Ryan was hurt. Lost to the Saints by 3 points. And he completed 67% of his passes and 300 yds passing. He is no slouch.

Yeah Pitt didn't have Ben and we didnt have Jenkins or William Moore starting at the time. There is no way you can honestly sit there and think the Steelers would destroy the Falcons now 13 weeks later lol. I understand being a fan and thinking the Steelers may win, but it would be dumb to think anything more.

Edit: The game winning run in OT by Mendenhall was due to a terrible angle that Erik Coleman our starting Safety at the time took on Mendenhall.

SpiderSense
12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
^^^

LOL, and the Eagles beat them without Vick.

rampagefc77
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
^^^

Wasnt that like week 1? Things change from week to week, and DEFINITELY from the beginning of the season to now. The jets beat the patriots by double digits week 2, the pats beat the jets by 293823093 2 weeks ago. Ill agree that I think the falcons are definitely beatable, but pointing out a win in week 1 doesnt prove much.

LorTy
12-14-2010, 02:32 PM

Nope.

That sounds good and all...except for the fact the Ravens held Turner to like 2 YPC and less than 40 yards rushing, and Ryan shredded them up all night

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
LOL, and the Eagles beat them without Vick.

lol, that too

JTrain306
12-14-2010, 02:42 PM

Nope.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301111001

Did you mean the first team other than the Ravens?

Rushing, 60 yards on 23 carries, 2.6 avg

Matt Ryan, 64% completion on 50 attempts, 300+ yards and 3 touchdowns / 0 ints, 101.8 rating

Sounds like they shut down the run game and forced the ball into Ryan's hands.

inb4 "oh the Ravens are a legit win"

Pern
12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Wrong.

Chris Redman is one of the better backups in the league. He played in a few games last year when Ryan was hurt. Lost to the Saints by 3 points. And he completed 67% of his passes and 300 yds passing. He is no slouch.

Yeah Pitt didn't have Ben and we didnt have Jenkins or William Moore starting at the time. There is no way you can honestly sit there and think the Steelers would destroy the Falcons now 13 weeks later lol. I understand being a fan and thinking the Steelers may win, but it would be dumb to think anything more.

Edit: The game winning run in OT by Mendenhall was due to a terrible angle that Erik Coleman our starting Safety at the time took on Mendenhall.

We're talking Steelers Defense here. Chris Redman? You can't be serious.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 02:52 PM
We're talking Steelers Defense here. Chris Redman? You can't be serious.

Uhh yeah. Redman is a legit backup. Steelers won in OT on a run that only happened cause a player missed him on a terrible angle and that player is on the bench. Do i think Redman can beat the Steelers? Absolutely. Do i think he would put up Brady stats. No.

Yall are the ones claiming the Steelers would " destroy " Atlanta. I am being realistic because I am more knowledgeable. Its not your fault. Just got to know your stuff on both teams.

magicmatt
12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
i'll be the first to admit that i dont know much about the falcons and a little bit about the steelers.

but when i think steelers defense vs chris redman i think murder

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:01 PM
i'll be the first to admit that i dont know much about the falcons and a little bit about the steelers.

but when i think steelers defense vs chris redman i think murder

Well Chris Redman in all honesty is a very good backup. Having said that, its not like he would put up 300 on Pitt. I do believe he could win that game. If you look back Ryan didn't have a stellar game against them. He had a costly pick to Polamalu at the end of the game.

Pern
12-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Uhh yeah. Redman is a legit backup. Steelers won in OT on a run that only happened cause a player missed him on a terrible angle and that player is on the bench. Do i think Redman can beat the Steelers? Absolutely. Do i think he would put up Brady stats. No.

Yall are the ones claiming the Steelers would " destroy " Atlanta. I am being realistic because I am more knowledgeable. Its not your fault. Just got to know your stuff on both teams.

Hands down the biggest homer statement I've seen in the sports misc in my July 2007 join date.

Polamalu would catch more balls than the Falcons WR's.

No way you're being serious.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Hands down the biggest homer statement I've seen in the sports misc in my July 2007 join date.

Polamalu would catch more balls than the Falcons WR's.

No way you're being serious.

Hands down you have no idea what you are talking about lol. You obviously know nothing about ATL or about Redman. Go back and look at Ryans game against Pitt. He didn't have a great performance. Redman could have put in a similar performance and we could have won.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/CoolHandLuke_07/1ysHQ.gif

Pern
12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Hands down you have no idea what you are talking about lol. You obviously know nothing about ATL or about Redman. Go back and look at Ryans game against Pitt. He didn't have a great performance. Redman could have put in a similar performance and we could have won.

There was a reason Matt Ryan didn't have a great performance genius. Redman would have done worse. Must be trolling if you think otherwise.

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Well Chris Redman in all honesty is a very good backup. Having said that, its not like he would put up 300 on Pitt. I do believe he could win that game. If you look back Ryan didn't have a stellar game against them. He had a costly pick to Polamalu at the end of the game.

The only way Redman beats the Steelers is if lightning strikes the Steelers sideline, killing everyone.

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:08 PM

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/CoolHandLuke_07/1ysHQ.gif

God you are an idiot. Maybe the reason Matt Ryan didn't have a good game is because he played THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:14 PM
There was a reason Matt Ryan didn't have a great performance genius. Redman would have done worse. Must be trolling if you think otherwise.

That was an uncharacteristic performance by Ryan. Its not like the Pitt D dominated Atlanta. Did you even watch the fckin game? The Steelers had 2 sacks. Ryan just didn't have a great game. There wasn't a single offensive TD scored until that run in OT. And you clowns think it is homerism to say our backup QB could have possibly put in a good enough performaance to win? lol

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:17 PM
That was an uncharacteristic performance by Ryan. Its not like the Pitt D dominated Atlanta. Did you even watch the fckin game? The Steelers had 2 sacks. Ryan just didn't have a great game. There wasn't a single offensive TD scored until that run in OT. And you clowns think it is homerism to say our backup QB could have possibly put in a good enough performaance to win? lol

At least he doesn't live in the state of Delusion, Population 1 like you.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:19 PM
At least he doesn't live in the state of Delusion, Population 1 like you.

Looked at avi.....

too easy lol

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Looked at avi.....

too easy lol

First of all, its called Halloween phaggot. Secondly, your pretentious rant about knowing more about football than anyone isn't very convincing. Sure, the Falcon's offense is good. Is it better than the Steelers defense? Not even close. The Steelers beat the Falcons without Roethlisberger, and they would beat them convincingly with him. Face it, the Falcons offense would have a hard time outscoring the Steelers defense.

magicmatt
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM
THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE.

tom brady likes this

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
tom brady likes this

Tom Brady is a freak. You can't compare him to Matt Ryan. He scoffs at Matt Ryan.

That Pats torched the Steelers because their D is easily exploited by a west coast offense that spread them thin. It negates the Steelers pass rush. If they have any hope of beating the pats, Lebeau will have to reach into his bag of tricks really deep.

Nonetheless, the Steelers have the best D in the league, you can't deny that.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:26 PM
First of all, its called Halloween phaggot. Secondly, your pretentious rant about knowing more about football than anyone isn't very convincing. Sure, the Falcon's offense is good. Is it better than the Steelers defense? Not even close. The Steelers beat the Falcons without Roethlisberger, and they would beat them convincingly with him. Face it, the Falcons offense would have a hard time outscoring the Steelers defense.

Cute halloween costume you D bag. But thats besides the point. Who have i tried to convince i know more about football? I obviously know more about both teams then some. One person already admitted that he did not know much about either teams. Srs?

The Steelers beat the Falcons at home in Week 1 in OT. I don't care if it was Roethlisberger or not. It was Week 1 and things change in 13 weeks of football. And you can't admit that then all you have done is PROVEN my "pretentious rant about knowing more about football ".

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Cute halloween costume you D bag. But thats besides the point. Who have i tried to convince i know more about football? I obviously know more about both teams then some. One person already admitted that he did not know much about either teams. Srs?

The Steelers beat the Falcons at home in Week 1 in OT. I don't care if it was Roethlisberger or not. It was Week 1 and things change in 13 weeks of football. And you can't admit that then all you have done is PROVEN my "pretentious rant about knowing more about football ".

Things certainly do change. The Jets and Vikings aren't who we thought they were. The Falcons and Steelers, on the other hand, had high expectations. Basically, their seasons panned out in a predictable way. Matt Ryan is good, the Falcons offense is good, but neither match up to the Steelers D, which beat the Falcons on its own. With Big Ben back and a balanced offense, the Steelers win this game 9 times out of 10.

FAH_Q
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Things certainly do change. The Jets and Vikings aren't who we thought they were. The Falcons and Steelers, on the other hand, had high expectations. Basically, their seasons panned out in a predictable way. Matt Ryan is good, the Falcons offense is good, but neither match up to the Steelers D, which beat the Falcons on its own. With Big Ben back and a balanced offense, the Steelers win this game 9 times out of 10.

That is 100% your opinion. Not saying it does not have some validity, but 9 out of 10 is ignorant. And if you want to talk about balanced offenses ATL has one of the best if not the best in the league. And Atlantas offense has only gotten a lot better since week 1.

JTrain306
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Are you a Steelers fan? (Just curious)

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
That is 100% your opinion. Not saying it does not have some validity, but 9 out of 10 is ignorant. And if you want to talk about balanced offenses ATL has one of the best if not the best in the league. And Atlantas offense has only gotten a lot better since week 1.

Ya, nobody has a balanced offense against the Steelers defense. Forget running the ball.

Are you a Steelers fan? (Just curious)

I am a Steelers fan, but I can be realistic. We have a terrible offensive line, our secondary is suspect, and our playcalling is inconsistent at times. Regardless, our defense keeps us in games (unless its the Pats, lol). The Falcons have a good offense, but the Steelers D makes everyone one dimensional. That is why they would win against the Falcons again.

I can be a homer at times, but this guy takes it to a new level. He acts like the Steelers would just lay down and let the Falcons walk all over them.

Pern
12-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Refuse to believe we're not being trolled by this sloppy kunt.

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Refuse to believe we're not being trolled by this sloppy kunt.

No way dude, he knows way more about football than us. Actually, it is he who is on the other end of the mic in Matt Ryan's headset. He obviously knows how to exploit the Steelers D and, fortunately for us, he was sick on the day of the first game.

kethnaab
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah Pitt didn't have Ben and we didnt have Jenkins or William Moore starting at the time.

just trying to make sure I follow your argument.

Michael Jenkins has a high of 53 receptions in a season and has not broken 800 yards in a season. He's been with the Falcons since 2002 and he's has played a full season exactly once in his career.

William Moore is a 2nd year 2nd round DB. He's not going to make anyone forget Troy Polamalu or Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'm interested to see how you can compare a 2-time Super Bowl winning starting QB to a career backup-quality WR and a 2nd year guy who may or may not end up as a worthwhile starter.

I am being realistic because I am more knowledgeable. Its not your fault. Just got to know your stuff on both teams.

i'd be extremely interested to know how Redman could beat the Steelers when Ryan couldn't. Are you saying that Redman is better? Is that the special knowledge you possess that everyone else seems to be missing?

Its not like the Pitt D dominated Atlanta. Did you even watch the fckin game?

if you think the Steelers D did NOT dominate the Falcons, I'd be real interested to know if YOU actually watched the game

{quote=FAH_Q] There wasn't a single offensive TD scored until that run in OT.[/quote]

so the Steelers didn't give up a single offensive TD against the Falcons, yet the Steelers' D didn't dominate.

Ryan could NOT lead his team to a TD but Chris Redman could.

Sorry, I'm just not following your point here. If your point is to say "any given Sunday" then just say that. Please don't try to rationalize it, because make no mistake, if the Falcons played the Steelers and they won, it would be a pretty good upset.

And you clowns think it is homerism to say our backup QB could have possibly put in a good enough performaance to win? lol

you must not think very highly of Matt Ryan.

adamsteve14
12-14-2010, 04:36 PM
just trying to make sure I follow your argument.

Michael Jenkins has a high of 53 receptions in a season and has not broken 800 yards in a season. He's been with the Falcons since 2002 and he's has played a full season exactly once in his career.

William Moore is a 2nd year 2nd round DB. He's not going to make anyone forget Troy Polamalu or Nnamdi Asomugha.

I'm interested to see how you can compare a 2-time Super Bowl winning starting QB to a career backup-quality WR and a 2nd year guy who may or may not end up as a worthwhile starter.

i'd be extremely interested to know how Redman could beat the Steelers when Ryan couldn't. Are you saying that Redman is better? Is that the special knowledge you possess that everyone else seems to be missing?

if you think the Steelers D did NOT dominate the Falcons, I'd be real interested to know if YOU actually watched the game

{quote=FAH_Q] There wasn't a single offensive TD scored until that run in OT.

so the Steelers didn't give up a single offensive TD against the Falcons, yet the Steelers' D didn't dominate.

Ryan could NOT lead his team to a TD but Chris Redman could.

Sorry, I'm just not following your point here. If your point is to say "any given Sunday" then just say that. Please don't try to rationalize it, because make no mistake, if the Falcons played the Steelers and they won, it would be a pretty good upset.

you must not think very highly of Matt Ryan.[/QUOTE]

In after Kethnaab. I always appreciate your presence because you aren't too lazy to support your stance with stats, whereas I am.

Anyways, Im convinced this guy is a troll, he even negged me in troll-like fashion.

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 05:34 PM

thanks for the neg just because I dont share the same opinion as you. grow up prick

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 05:51 PM

I'm assuming when you say if the Falcons played the Steelers and won this is in regards to if Redman was playing and it's in Pitt because I can almost guarantee if the Falcons and Steelers played with Ryan as the starting QB in ATL, ATL would be favored. What is Ryan now 19-1 at home?

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm assuming when you say if the Falcons played the Steelers and won this is in regards to if Redman was playing and it's in Pitt because I can almost guarantee if the Falcons and Steelers played with Ryan as the starting QB in ATL, ATL would be favored. What is Ryan now 19-1 at home?

lol another stat to determine an argument.

playing well in past games against low tier NFC teams at home doesnt mean jack. if anyone has dramatically different stats at home vs road, usually means something.

not saying falcons would lose, I just doubt they would be favored

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 06:36 PM
lol another stat to determine an argument.

playing well in past games against low tier NFC teams at home doesnt mean jack. if anyone has dramatically different stats at home vs road, usually means something.

You realize 20 games stretches over 2 seasons right? You don't think in those 2 seasons Ryan had to play any tough teams at home? Also what was the point of even saying that last sentence. It seemed completely irrelevant to what I said.

You could be right about them not being favored as the odds makers for some reason aren't convinced on the Falcons. Which has been great for me, they just keep coming out with these low lines for the Falcons and the Falcons keep covering easily (9-4 ATS this year). Though if the Steelers were favored doubtful it's gonna be over -3 which if the Falcons did then win I would certainly not classify that as a pretty good upset.

NoS_oUtLaSt
12-14-2010, 06:49 PM
in after haters hating.

Falcons are higher because.... WE HAVE A BETTER RECORD. I still don't see how dumbasses after years and years of power rankings can't understand that for the most part the team with the better record will be ranked highest. If the Steelers had the same record as us then yes there should be no doubt in my mind that they would be ranked higher than us.

As for the Steelers game we straight up lost. Just like we did to the eagles. I'm not making excuses or giving style points or morale victories to either game but the Falcons have proven to be a team that learns from their mistakes and improves after loses. That first Steelers game we practically told them what plays we were running. Brb only running from a heavy I and only throwing out of shotgun and 3 reciever sets. Since then Mike Mularkey has switched up his formations a lot and has been letting Turner run a lot more from the singleback.

Would we beat the Steelers if we played them again? IDK. Personally I think they are the playoff team with the best matchup to beat us. But if we got to play them again on a neutral field and with the level our offense has matured to... then hell anything can happen

Huse
12-14-2010, 07:14 PM
You realize 20 games stretches over 2 seasons right? You don't think in those 2 seasons Ryan had to play any tough teams at home? Also what was the point of even saying that last sentence. It seemed completely irrelevant to what I said.

You could be right about them not being favored as the odds makers for some reason aren't convinced on the Falcons. Which has been great for me, they just keep coming out with these low lines for the Falcons and the Falcons keep covering easily (9-4 ATS this year). Though if the Steelers were favored doubtful it's gonna be over -3 which if the Falcons did then win I would certainly not classify that as a pretty good upset.

hmm, pats ranked #1...shocking. u mad phaggot u mad

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
hmm, pats ranked #1...shocking. u mad phaggot u mad

Well that was relevant to what you quoted. A couple weeks ago weren't you trying to say that ESPN's rankings don't mean **** now you're bringing them up and talking like they mean something.

CCAurora
12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Well that was relevant to what you quoted. A couple weeks ago weren't you trying to say that ESPN's rankings don't mean **** now you're bringing them up and talking like they mean something.

They only count when the team he likes is ranked well.

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 08:02 PM
They only count when the team he likes is ranked well.

Well at least I'm not the only person who sees that :)

Huse
12-14-2010, 08:14 PM

lmao I said the pats were better than the jets and you cried like usual and said the jets were better and your only argument was "herp derp CBS says the jets are better so they must be" and then the jets proceeded to get absolutely embarrassed by the Pats....it wasn't even close.

just laughing at how it took you and the analysts a few weeks to catch up and how you mocked me because i dared question how they ranked teams

kethnaab
12-14-2010, 08:23 PM
quick hitter regarding the Falcons and the Steelers

either team could beat either team. Any given Sunday. Both teams are excellent, both have weaknesses.

my ONLY issue was FAH_Q's idiotic statements, then the further a$$holishness he displayed by negging people with less reps than him for disagreeing.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

The only power rankings that matter come out in the 2nd week of February.

Huse
12-14-2010, 08:33 PM
The only power rankings that matter come out in the 2nd week of February.

don't tell sickstang that, he bases all of his arguments on how good teams are on power rankings and week 2 superbowls

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 08:45 PM
lmao I said the pats were better than the jets and you cried like usual and said the jets were better and your only argument was "herp derp CBS says the jets are better so they must be" and then the jets proceeded to get absolutely embarrassed by the Pats....it wasn't even close.

just laughing at how it took you and the analysts a few weeks to catch up and how you mocked me because i dared question how they ranked teams

That was a lovely little tantrum you went on there and imma let you finish but then could you actually address what I said. Kthx

Huse
12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
That was a lovely little tantrum you went on there and imma let you finish but then could you actually address what I said. Kthx

my team is the superbowl favorite and best team in the league and brady is having a MVP season while you troll all brady/peyton threads because your team sucks and your idol has already thrown more picks in 13 games than brady has in any season in his entire career

u maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Advil
12-14-2010, 09:05 PM
While it's nice to see the pats on top, we all know the power rankings are stupid. The only thing it's good for is seeing where teams you don't pay attention to are at in the league.

BeauJ
12-14-2010, 09:16 PM

Turner against Baltimore: 17 touches, 39 yards

You are quickly becoming one of the sports misc elite phaggots. Congratulations.

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 09:19 PM
my team is the superbowl favorite and best team in the league and brady is having a MVP season while you troll all brady/peyton threads because your team sucks and your idol has already thrown more picks in 13 games than brady has in any season in his entire career

u maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

So I'm guessing that's a no that you will not address what I said. Same old same old.

GeorgeCarlinJr
12-14-2010, 09:29 PM
While it's nice to see the pats on top, we all know the power rankings are stupid. The only thing it's good for is seeing where teams you don't pay attention to are at in the league.

Agreed.

Oh sweet the Chargers are ranked ahead of the Chiefs
oh wait they are still a game ahead of us and control whether they make the playoffs... But if my team doesn't make the playoffs, at least I have these sweet power rankings to look back on! wait wut?

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 09:45 PM

20 home games obviously span over several seasons. duh. anyone with half a brain could comprehend that without having to do any math.

hmm lets see what teams ryan started against in 08-10

dolphins
panthers
bears
redskins
bucs
bills
lions
chiefs
saints
rams
cardinals
49ers
bengals
ravens
packers

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 09:48 PM
your a moron.

20 home games obviously span over several seasons. duh. anyone with half a brain could comprehend that without having to do any math.

hmm lets see what teams ryan started against in 08-10

dolphins
panthers
bears
redskins
bucs
bills
lions
chiefs
saints
rams
cardinals
49ers
bengals
ravens
packers

Very good if that's all the teams. Now post the records for each team of the year they faced the Falcons and lets see if Ryan faced any good teams.

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Very good if that's all the teams. Now post the records for each team of the year they faced the Falcons and lets see if Ryan faced any good teams.

its not going to change your mind. why waste my time? thats stupid

not to mention he didnt start against the saints last year when they won the superbowl, and they have yet to play the saints at home this year. even when the panthers were 12-4 in 08 they were still mediocre, obviously because they have an easy schedule as well being the same division. they barely beat the packers who were somewhat over-hyped, and the bears were **** the two years before now.

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM

You're right it's not because it's going to prove that Ryan did play some tough teams at home during that time period.

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 09:58 PM
You're right it's not because it's going to prove that Ryan did play some tough teams at home during that time period.

lol your a moron, so we all have to do what you say in order to prove an arguement?

is your train of thought, THE train of thought?

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2010/05/are-you-wizard.jpg

90% of those teams are self explanatory....

i explained the other ones that stick out.

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 10:11 PM

not to mention he didnt start against the saints last year when they won the superbowl, and they have yet to play the saints at home this year. even when the panthers were 12-4 in 08 they were still mediocre, obviously because they have an easy schedule as well being the same division. they barely beat the packers who were somewhat over-hyped, and the bears were **** the two years before now.

I'll list the teams with .500 or above records they have played

2008: Bears (9-7), NO (8-8), DEN (8-8), Carolina (12-4),
2009: Carolina (8-8)
2010: TB (8-5), Baltimore (9-4), Green Bay (8-5)

8 teams that certainly don't fall into the low tier category.

lovebbing
12-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I'll list the teams with .500 or above records they have played

2008: Bears (9-7), NO (8-8), DEN (8-8), Carolina (12-4),
2009: Carolina (8-8)
2010: TB (8-5), Baltimore (9-4), Green Bay (8-5)

8 teams that certainly don't fall into the low tier category.

uh, it doesnt matter what stats you put unless you compare them to other teams scedules.

mr.stat

Sick96stang
12-14-2010, 10:16 PM
uh, it doesnt matter what stats you put unless you compare them to other teams scedules.

mr.stat

If you would like to go and do that be my guest. If what I just posted isn't enough to convince you that they have played quite a few teams that were not low tier than so be it.

TopsecretWaffle
12-14-2010, 10:24 PM
lets not forget the saints exposed the steelers secondary earlier this season(before the pats). i would put them ahead of the steelers in the rankings.

kethnaab
12-14-2010, 10:29 PM
lets not forget the saints exposed the steelers secondary earlier this season(before the pats). i would put them ahead of the steelers in the rankings.

Brees was very efficient with the short passing game, but it was still a 20-10 final score. 20 points isn't quite exposing, although it is valid to put New Orleans above the Steelers just as it is valid to put the Steelers above the Falcons

ultimately, if the officiating continues as it has, there is no way the Steelers will be able to win in the postseason. Roethlisberger will get crushed by then and several of our defensive players, most notably Ryan Clark and James Harrison, have had their play noticeably affected

Sherloc
12-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Chargers aren't better than the Chiefs in my opinion. We played them in San Diego without Matt Cassel of course they're gonna stack the box and deny our run game.

kethnaab
12-15-2010, 09:16 AM
you got curbstomped by 30 points man. I pull for the Chiefs because I'm a Jamaal Charles fan and I like the underdog, but you got stomped badly

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Im not going to bother replying to all the posts on here but, I have never said that Redman was better than Matt Ryan. Wow. I said that he was good enough to beat the Steelers........ and he is. He has played very good in games where he has started. If you knew anything about the Falcons you would know that.

Hey Kethnaab why don't you go take a look at our offensive numbers before Jenkins came back from injury since your such a genius. Once again if you knew anything about how Jenkins contributes then you'd know he is one of the best down field blocking WR in the league. Yeah he is no Roddy White, but our offense has shown an obvious upgrade when he is in.

And take a look at the OT run. Who took up the horrible angle on Mendenhall? Erik Coleman. Where is he at now? The bench. Who is starting? Our 2nd round pick 2 years ago William Moore.

Ok if your saying Pitt D dominated us because you held us to no TD's well then you have to say Atlanta D dominated yall by holding yall to no TD's as well huh?

Finally I am not completely convinced that Big Ben would have made such a huge impact in that game had he been starting. In all likelyhood he would have been sacked more than Dixon was.

And for the kid crying in here cause he got negged...... grow up kid. Lol at you trying to tattle on me by posting it in the thread.

lovebbing
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Im not going to bother replying to all the posts on here

but you have time to private message me just to insult me?

your a moron.

Pern
12-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Im not going to bother replying to all the posts on here but, I have never said that Redman was better than Matt Ryan. Wow. I said that he was good enough to beat the Steelers........ and he is. He has played very good in games where he has started. If you knew anything about the Falcons you would know that.

Hey Kethnaab why don't you go take a look at our offensive numbers before Jenkins came back from injury since your such a genius. Once again if you knew anything about how Jenkins contributes then you'd know he is one of the best down field blocking WR in the league. Yeah he is no Roddy White, but our offense has shown an obvious upgrade when he is in.

And take a look at the OT run. Who took up the horrible angle on Mendenhall? Erik Coleman. Where is he at now? The bench. Who is starting? Our 2nd round pick 2 years ago William Moore.

Ok if your saying Pitt D dominated us because you held us to no TD's well then you have to say Atlanta D dominated yall by holding yall to no TD's as well huh?

Finally I am not completely convinced that Big Ben would have made such a huge impact in that game had he been starting. In all likelyhood he would have been sacked more than Dixon was.

And for the kid crying in here cause he got negged...... grow up kid. Lol at you trying to tattle on me by posting it in the thread.

So Redman can beat the Steelers, but a 2 time Super Bowl champion wouldn't make much of a difference vs the Falcons..

You should get paid for this sh*t. This is the kind of stuff sports sites promote their writers to do to get comments (i.e. Trolling everyone for ratings).

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 03:05 PM
but you have time to private message me just to insult me?

your a moron.

Look at you again trying to be Mr. Tattle Tail hahahaha

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 03:08 PM
So Redman can beat the Steelers, but a 2 time Super Bowl champion wouldn't make much of a difference vs the Falcons..

You should get paid for this sh*t. This is the kind of stuff sports sites promote their writers to do to get comments (i.e. Trolling everyone for ratings).

Does Redman have the capability of beating the Steelers? Yes. You can call it homerism if you want to, but its just reality. You can look at it like " any given sunday " if you choose, but that is not entirely what i am saying. I don't think our 3rd string QB JPW would have any chance so obviously there is some skill involved.

Wow Eli Manning is a superbowl winning QB and leading the league in Int's. Don't get caught up in term SUPER BOWL CHAMPION.

Pern
12-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Does Redman have the capability of beating the Steelers? Yes. You can call it homerism if you want to, but its just reality. You can look at it like " any given sunday " if you choose, but that is not entirely what i am saying. I don't think our 3rd string QB JPW would have any chance so obviously there is some skill involved.

Wow Eli Manning is a superbowl winning QB and leading the league in Int's. Don't get caught up in term SUPER BOWL CHAMPION.

What I won't get caught up in is taking anything you have to say serious.

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 03:14 PM
What I won't get caught up in is taking anything you have to say serious.

Lol sounds good to me

lovebbing
12-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Look at you again trying to be Mr. Tattle Tail hahahaha

lol so you admit that your doing something wrong and being a dumbass?

if not, then its not tattle tailing retard

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
lol so you admit that your doing something wrong and being a dumbass?

if not, then its not tattle tailing retard

So PM'ing and calling you a cry baby is wrong? I hurt your feelings? I sorry

lovebbing
12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
So PM'ing and calling you a cry baby is wrong? I hurt your feelings? I sorry

i just asked you that same question you idiot.

I like how you made a thread telling everyone the reasons why you neg, and ask others when its appropriate to neg people. lol grow up you phaggot

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 03:22 PM
i just asked you that same question you idiot.

WTF are you talking about kid. This is what PMs are for you moron. Stay out of the fcking thread with this stuff dumbasss

kethnaab
12-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Im not going to bother replying to all the posts on here but, I have never said that Redman was better than Matt Ryan. Wow. I said that he was good enough to beat the Steelers........

yet Matt Ryan wasn't.

Now, are you implying that the difference between them is fairly minor? I know you mentioned that "Matt Ryan just had a bad day". Is it possible that the reason Ryan had a bad day was because of the Steelers' defense?

Hey Kethnaab why don't you go take a look at our offensive numbers before Jenkins came back from injury since your such a genius.

in the weeks following the Steelers game, you put up 444 and 417 yards.

Jenkins came back in week 6 vs. Philly. You averaged 26 ppg and 389 ypg (not including the Steelers) before he came back. You have averaged 27 ppg and 347 ypg since he's come back.

Prior to his return, you were over 338 yards per game every game. You've been under that in 4 of the 8 games.

your passing yards/game has gone up however.

Once again if you knew anything about how Jenkins contributes then you'd know he is one of the best down field blocking WR in the league. Yeah he is no Roddy White, but our offense has shown an obvious upgrade when he is in.

I never stated otherwise. I do, however, think it is ridiculous to claim he adds as much to the offense as Ben Roethlisberger adds to the Steelers' offense.

great. William Moore + Michael Jenkins is still <<< Ben Roethlisberger, which is all I was trying to say.

Yes. Absolutely. That's my point, aside from the whole TD in overtime thing.

The Steelers' offense was 32nd in the NFL in passing yards and passing TDs under Dennis Dixon. They're now 18th and 19th in those categories and 8th overall in team passer rating which includes sack yardage.

ryan36_1
12-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Thread cliffs:

-In judging power rankings, if two teams have a H2H and similar W-L records, the team you root for is better

-Atl-Pitts, rematch would be very competetive and could go either way

-Fah_Q is a tard

/thread

lovebbing
12-15-2010, 04:44 PM
WTF are you talking about kid. This is what PMs are for you moron. Stay out of the fcking thread with this stuff dumbasss

wtf am i talking about? you cant read?

and then you call me dumbass?

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 07:34 PM
yet Matt Ryan wasn't.

Now, are you implying that the difference between them is fairly minor? I know you mentioned that "Matt Ryan just had a bad day". Is it possible that the reason Ryan had a bad day was because of the Steelers' defense?

Jenkins came back in week 6 vs. Philly. You averaged 26 ppg and 389 ypg (not including the Steelers) before he came back. You have averaged 27 ppg and 347 ypg since he's come back.

Prior to his return, you were over 338 yards per game every game. You've been under that in 4 of the 8 games.

I never stated otherwise. I do, however, think it is ridiculous to claim he adds as much to the offense as Ben Roethlisberger adds to the Steelers' offense.

great. William Moore + Michael Jenkins is still <<< Ben Roethlisberger, which is all I was trying to say.

The Steelers' offense was 32nd in the NFL in passing yards and passing TDs under Dennis Dixon. They're now 18th and 19th in those categories and 8th overall in team passer rating which includes sack yardage.

Im not implying the difference is minor. But Redman can manage a game enough to lead the Falcons to a win.

Stats alone don't tell the whole story about Jenkins impact. I really don't know how else to break it down to you. I guess you'd have to know more about the Falcons. We tried using Harry Douglas as NO.2 when Jenkins was out and there was a very noticeable downgrade.

I am not saying that he adds more to the offense than Ben does, but Dixon didn't have a horrible game against us. And you can almost guarantee that the Falcons would have sacked him more than Dixon was being that Ben is being sacked once every 11 drop backs right now. And please don't get into passer ratings lol. We know that is SUCH a useful statistic.

Having said that I am not claiming that Willy Mo and Jenkins impact is greater. I will give you that Big Ben could be a greater impact cause he touches the ball more, but that doesn't mean he would have won yall the game. It was week 1.

The whole point before all this was that there is no way the Steelers would "destroy" the Falcons if they played now. Is that what you are saying?

kethnaab
12-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Im not implying the difference is minor. But Redman can manage a game enough to lead the Falcons to a win.

that may or may not be true. However, without the threat of a running game, he's going to need to do more than "manage"

that's how Brees and Brady beat the Steelers. You can't expect a "game manager" to beat the Steelers, our run D is beyond brutal.

Stats alone don't tell the whole story about Jenkins impact. I really don't know how else to break it down to you. I guess you'd have to know more about the Falcons. We tried using Harry Douglas as NO.2 when Jenkins was out and there was a very noticeable downgrade.

I am not saying that he adds more to the offense than Ben does, but Dixon didn't have a horrible game against us. And you can almost guarantee that the Falcons would have sacked him more than Dixon was being that Ben is being sacked once every 11 drop backs right now. And please don't get into passer ratings lol. We know that is SUCH a useful statistic.

Dixon was useless, to be quite honest. He didn't produce a single TD for us, and just a quick FYI, Dixon was sacked once every 6 drop-backs, and that was with a copmletely healthy offensive line

since Ben has been back, we've lost our starting LT, RT, RG, and LG. We're now going with our 3rd string LT, our 2nd string RT, our 3rd string RG, and our starting LG.

Having said that I am not claiming that Willy Mo and Jenkins impact is greater. I will give you that Big Ben could be a greater impact cause he touches the ball more, but that doesn't mean he would have won yall the game. It was week 1.

The whole point before all this was that there is no way the Steelers would "destroy" the Falcons if they played now. Is that what you are saying?

"destroy"? Nah. I'm a big believer in the any given sunday concept. Browns pounded the hell out of the Patriots, who pounded the hell out of the Steelers, who pounded the hell out of the Browns. any given sunday.

I think it is a bit extreme to state that Redman would be able to "manage" the Falcons to victory. A game manager implies that they hand the ball off a ton and let their defense and running game do most of the work. I think that we've all seen how poorly that works against the Steelers this season. The 2 QBs who beat the Steelers since Ben has been back were the 2008 Offensive Player of the Year and the 2007 Offensive Player of the Year and have combined for 3 Super Bowl MVP awards in the last decade.

They were far cries from "game manager"

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 08:07 PM
yet Matt Ryan wasn't.

that may or may not be true. However, without the threat of a running game, he's going to need to do more than "manage"

that's how Brees and Brady beat the Steelers. You can't expect a "game manager" to beat the Steelers, our run D is beyond brutal.

Dixon was useless, to be quite honest. He didn't produce a single TD for us, and just a quick FYI, Dixon was sacked once every 6 drop-backs, and that was with a copmletely healthy offensive line

since Ben has been back, we've lost our starting LT, RT, RG, and LG. We're now going with our 3rd string LT, our 2nd string RT, our 3rd string RG, and our starting LG.

"destroy"? Nah. I'm a big believer in the any given sunday concept. Browns pounded the hell out of the Patriots, who pounded the hell out of the Steelers, who pounded the hell out of the Browns. any given sunday.

I think it is a bit extreme to state that Redman would be able to "manage" the Falcons to victory. A game manager implies that they hand the ball off a ton and let their defense and running game do most of the work. I think that we've all seen how poorly that works against the Steelers this season. The 2 QBs who beat the Steelers since Ben has been back were the 2008 Offensive Player of the Year and the 2007 Offensive Player of the Year and have combined for 3 Super Bowl MVP awards in the last decade.

They were far cries from "game manager"

Against Atl he was sacked twice. He wasn't too terrible, maybe the Falcons D just dominated that game. I mean they did hold yall to no TD's. Well if "game manager" just doesn't work for you then I will break it down another way.

I think Redman can manage to not turn the ball over and has the ability to make a play or 2 to win the game. Like i said earlier he put up 300+ on the Saints and 67% of passes completed. Granted their is a huge difference in the 2 defenses, but those numbers don't really cry "game manager" or a QB who can't make plays.

I know the O line is in shambles, but given that..........isn't Ben always one of the most sacked QB's in the league? So the only thing i really take from the offensive line woes is that if the two teams met now that it would even be less likely that the Steelers would "destroy" the Falcons.

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
wtf am i talking about? you cant read?

and then you call me dumbass?

Once again stay out of the fckin thread unless you got something to add you clown

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 09:06 PM
he posted here before you did you stupid fuk

i dont like the guy either, but your a fuking idiot

Who gives a fck if he posted in the thread 1st? WTF does that matter? The kid isn't adding anything to the discussion. Both of you can GTFO if you don't have anything on topic to say.

FAH_Q
12-15-2010, 09:10 PM
your a fukin moron, both your last two posts have had absolutely no relevance to the topic.

you mad?

ya you mad

Lol I have been discussing the topic with Kethnaab until you two morons keep posting stupid stuff you fcking dip sht. GTFO and go fck yourself. Not replying to anymore of your dumbasss posts so have fun bwahaha

The_Albatross
12-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Um, I'm a Bears fan and have a problem with this statement. Anyone who watches football on a weekly basis would find it impossible to pick more than 9 teams who are better than the Packers...

diver1990
12-15-2010, 09:48 PM

bucs need to be at 10