PDA

View Full Version : World’s hottest pepper is "hot enough to strip paint"

RyouBakua
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Id try it:

The Naga Viper, outdistances its predecessor, the Bhut Jolokia, or "ghost chili," by more than 300,000 points on the famous Scoville scale of tongue-scorching chili hotness. Researchers at Warwick University testing the Naga Viper found that it measures 1,359,000 on the Scoville scale.

You might think the Naga Viper would hail from some part of the world with a strong demand for spicy food, such as India or Mexico. But the new pepper is actually the handiwork of Gerald Fowler, a British chili farmer and pub owner, who crossed three of the hottest peppers known to man -- including the Bhut Jolokia -- to create his Frankenstein-monster chili.

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CliftonChilliClub#p/u

rep me, its Christmas!
http://topnews.in/law/files/hottest-chilli.jpg

mizzOe
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
I try the Hottest Burger In The World from the Off The Wall Gourmet Burger Diner at 386 Main Rd, Wellington Point, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia! The main hot ingredient is Blair’s MegaDeath Hot Sauce, which is very hot. You have to sign a waiver before you attempt this very hot burger. They have a challenge. If you can eat the whole burger without drinking anything, then you can have your name printed on their wall. So myself and some friends tried this burger, and yes it is hot. So if you are in the area, please try this burger, and get your name on the wall! Hotness Rating In Scoville Units! MegaDeath Sauce : 5500000+ USA Police Pepper Spray : 5000000 Dorset Naga Pepper : 923000 Red Savina Pepper: 350000 – 580000 Scotch Bonnet : 100000 – 325000 Jamaican Hot Pepper : 100000 – 200000 Rocoto Pepper : 50000 – 100000 See the Blair’s MegaDeath Sauce is Extremely Hot! Here is the waiver you have to sign before attempting this burger.

I ate the burger, took me about 20 mins, it tastes like absolute ass and burns your lips. Made a thread about it last year.

almightyares
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Damn, I tried the ghost pepper before, and this is hotter?? That is insane. Im going to grow these, grind them up, throw them in some capsules, and sell as fat loss pills.

Whos in?

SolidSteel86
12-07-2010, 09:40 PM
I like spicy food you can taste, food that burns like mace or pepper spray just hold zero appeal for me.

OG925
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Damn, I tried the ghost pepper before, and this is hotter?? That is insane. Im going to grow these, grind them up, throw them in some capsules, and sell as fat loss pills.

Whos in?

more like burn a hole through your intestines pills

lsiberian
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I really like the flavor of the Jolokia and Habenero, but have my doubts about the flavor of this one. With the Jolokia(pungent in a good way) and Habenero(fruity) you are getting a reward. You need hose in the bathroom for any of these peppers. And if you ever visit asia and see hoses in the bathroom these peppers are the reason why.

ECfromHTX
12-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I like spicy food you can taste, food that burns like mace or pepper spray just hold zero appeal for me.

Same here. If I get a little hot that's no biggie but I don't want to be pouring sweat with my lips throbbing.

RyouBakua
12-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I ate the burger, took me about 20 mins, it tastes like absolute ass and burns your lips. Made a thread about it last year.

nice, got a link?

wowz
12-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Damn, can't get the seeds online yet :(

PWOGasMan
12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Pure heat is stupid. As others have said, I'm all for the flavor that comes with (somewhat) manageable spice.

TuffNoogies
12-08-2010, 10:22 AM

^this. I never understood the appeal of foods that are so spicy it sets your mouth on fire.

RyouBakua
12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
its just something different

i like spicy but flavorful spicy, not face-falls-off spicy

id still try it though

wowz
12-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I saw a special on spicey foods, specifically spicey indian curry. People eat the melt-your-tongue level of spice because of the adrenaline rush etc.

I just buy the hottest pepper I can buy because I can use very little by little and it will last me a very long time.