PDA

View Full Version : Why was Maurice Clarett suspended and Cam Newton not?

ivegotbigballs
12-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Honest question. I'm not sure on what exactly Mo did, but it had to be something similar (improper benefits). Mo was originally just suspended the first 5 or so games of the 2003 season, but was then ruled ineligible for the entire year if I remember correctly.

MikeLowry7
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Honest question. I'm not sure on what exactly Mo did, but it had to be something similar (improper benefits). Mo was originally just suspended the first 5 or so games of the 2003 season, but was then ruled ineligible for the entire year if I remember correctly.

Ohio State later suspended Clarett for the 2003 athletic year after he was charged with filing a false police report. Clarett had filed a false claim that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment were stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership in September 2003. Athletic Director Andy Geiger stated that Clarett also took thousands of dollars in special benefits and repeatedly misled investigators. Clarett later pleaded guilty to a lesser criminal charge (failure to aid a law enforcement official) in that incident.

Definitely not similar.

bking10
12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Ohio State had already gotten what they wanted out of him so there was no need to risk anything else.

on top of that there was no TCU sitting in third getting ready to ruin the big dogs party

leafs43
12-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Clarett talked to an agent for going pro.

That is a big no no.

Immichaelski
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Its really none of your ****ing business!!!!!!!

Backus24
12-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Ohio State had already gotten what they wanted out of him so there was no need to risk anything else.

on top of that there was no TCU sitting in third getting ready to ruin the big dogs party

Uh no.

Clarett was suspended by the University for a slew of stupid comments and actions.

Then his dumb ass filed a false police report. When you directly get the police involved, and they find out you're lying, you're done.

So OSU suspended him for the year.

Trust me, we could have used him the following year for another title run.

Immichaelski
12-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Cam Newton worked his ass off and this **** about him not deserving stuff is bs.

auburn end of thread kiss my ass