PDA

View Full Version : Nationals rumored to offer Lee 7 years

GetBigyo
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM
What the

Buster Olney:

growing speculation among rival agents and execs that Washington Nationals are going to throw a HUGE number at Cliff Lee

TexasHeat
12-07-2010, 07:09 AM
we figured this out last night

I think it has to be probably like 7 years 175 million if Lee is even gonna consider Washington.

GetBigyo
12-07-2010, 07:11 AM
You think he would chose that over 6 years from a playoff team in the Yanks or Rangers?

lsiberian
12-07-2010, 07:11 AM
The nationals are ruining baseball!

LOL See there is competition after all buddy.

lsiberian
12-07-2010, 07:13 AM
You think he would chose that over 6 years from a playoff team in the Yanks or Rangers?

I think he will probably stay since the Texas doesn't have income tax and is close to home. Plus he will always be a hero in here. I hope he goes to New York though. I'm convinced this is a bad move for the Rangers.

LostOne287
12-07-2010, 07:13 AM
In before the Nationals take over baseball.

TexasHeat
12-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I think he will probably stay since the Texas doesn't have income tax and is close to home. Plus he will always be a hero in here. I hope he goes to New York though. I'm convinced this is a bad move for the Rangers.

The Rangers lose to the Rays without Lee, and you think this is a bad move. LOL ok

If Rangers/Yanks offer 6 he wont go to Washington. They would probably have to offer 8 years 200 million for him to go to Washington.

thegenerel
12-07-2010, 07:18 AM
The nationals are ruining baseball!

LOL See there is competition after all buddy.

its not like the Royals are ponying up all this dough. DC is only the political epicenter of the world.

evilsteve02
12-07-2010, 07:23 AM

becuase money talks. Baseball players take the most money. If playing for a playoff team was the factor the Yankees wouldn't have to overpay for every single FA each season to sign someone.

PitBillSoxFan
12-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Lees camp leaks the newsly big spending Nats offer Lee a 7 year deal hoping to push the Yanks to go to 7 years

Soon you will hear "someone close to Lee" say he loves Washington, wants to pitch next to Strasburg and throw to Harper for the next 7 years.

Nothing to see here....

Aran
i heard the A's are ready to offer Lee a 15 year 1 million dollar contract.

NYY
Nationals are taking a page out of the Yankees' free agent acquisition book lol.

WheyneNewton
12-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I think Lee would take a year less to go to a contender, doesn't he want a ring?

still think it's Texas/NY

Max~Power
12-07-2010, 07:38 AM
If they don't land Lee, do the grab Zack Greinke?

PitBillSoxFan
12-07-2010, 07:42 AM
I think Lee would take a year less to go to a contender, doesn't he want a ring?

still think it's Texas/NY

Whats to say with Zimmerman/Werth/Harper/Lee/Strasburg they won't be a contender in 3 or so years?

iliveinjersey
12-07-2010, 07:45 AM
if they don't land lee, do the grab zack greinke?

ive heard greinke doesnt want to go to ny

WheyneNewton
12-07-2010, 07:46 AM
If they don't land Lee, do the grab Zack Greinke?

do they have the pieces the put together for a trade? Zack isn't a FA
wait, talking about NY or Washington? Zack won't go to NY with his anxiety, I think he has a no trade clause too.

Whats to say with Zimmerman/Werth/Harper/Lee/Strasburg they won't be a contender in 3 or so years?

they could easily be but this is basically his last big contract, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go that's more of a proven, perennial contender. Strasburg isn't a guarantee (can he stay healthy when he gets back?), Werth will start declining in 3 years, Harper is an unknown at big league level.

Max~Power
12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
do they have the pieces the put together for a trade? Zack isn't a FA
wait, talking about NY or Washington? Zack won't go to NY with his anxiety, I think he has a no trade clause too.

He came up alot on the ESPN feed yesterday, thats why I asked. KC knows he has trade value.

PitBillSoxFan
12-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm fairly certain NY is on Greinke's no trade list.

I really could see him rejecting a trade to NYY/Bos/Det etc. Dude had like psychological issue a few years back (depression, IIRC) and it almst took him out of baseball. I really could see him always pitching for a small market team, or getting smoked on "the big stage"

cor030
12-07-2010, 08:02 AM
What's funny is even if the Nationals land lee with a deal like that their salary will still be under $100 million. I think with the addition of Werth they're only at around $60 million.

GetBigyo
12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I'm fairly certain NY is on Greinke's no trade list.

I really could see him rejecting a trade to NYY/Bos/Det etc. Dude had like psychological issue a few years back (depression, IIRC) and it almst took him out of baseball. I really could see him always pitching for a small market team, or getting smoked on "the big stage"

FoxSports.comís Ken Rosenthal reports Royals ace Zack Greinke will accept a trade to any team in the league. This contradicts original speculation that Greinke, who takes medicine for an anxiety disorder, would not be open to a high-pressured environment. Greinke also reportedly had a no-trade list of 15 teams.

He said like last week too he would want to pitch in NY. I hope the Yankees do NOT trade for this guy. He would crumble there.

GetBigyo
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Rumor of Lee to Nats shot down

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/12/take_a_deep_breath_on_cliff_le.html

TexasHeat
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
He said like last week too he would want to pitch in NY. I hope the Yankees do NOT trade for this guy. He would crumble there.

Don't think he ever said that. He said he would be willing to go anywhere.

PitBillSoxFan
12-07-2010, 08:22 AM

Once again I take everything said during the offseason/trade deadline with a grain of salt. He may be 99.9% sure he doesn't wanna pitch with the Yankees, but if there's that .01% chance he MAY, his agent sure as hell doesn't want them out of the negotiations for his client.

If he comes out and says "I will only pitch in a small market, non-competetive enviroment" he essentially assures his fate with the Royals, Pirates or Orioles.

cor030
12-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Rumor of Lee to Nats shot down

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/12/take_a_deep_breath_on_cliff_le.html

I just saw that too. I'm not getting my hopes up, but if someone had said the Nats would offer Werth the contract they did it'd have gotten laughed at too.

tigger3
12-07-2010, 08:25 AM
ive heard greinke doesnt want to go to ny

Other way around. Dude has SA so the Yanks don't think he can handle NY pressure.