PDA

View Full Version : We just gonna act like Peyton Hillis didn't get Josh McDanials fired?

evilsteve02
12-07-2010, 07:03 AM
fo-real???? At the very least the trade was the First Nail and his stats were the Last Nail.

*Josh McDaniels* my fault...

ididit4tehlulz
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM
Have Defense Problems : Draft Tebow
Have Defense Problems : Get Quinn

He Sho Am Good

FlexGunmetal
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Not really considering he was buried at #7 on Shanahan's depth chart.
Hillis was a mistake, but in all honesty it was simply losing and the london incident.

LikeAMachine
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Or the lack of winning, stop trollin

kethnaab
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Hillis putting up more rushing yards, YFS, and TDs than the entire Broncos team hurt
Alphonso Smith putting up as many picks as the entire Denver defense hurt

getting caught videotaping the 49ers and then losing (along with a 5-17 record in the last 22) provided the nail in the coffin as well as a solid "out" so that McDaniels' bloated salary didn't need to be paid

the "cheating" incident allowed Denver to fire McDaniels for cause, and save something like $5 mil in the process

cp3wfu
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Hillis putting up more rushing yards, YFS, and TDs than the entire Broncos team hurt

getting caught videotaping the 49ers and then losing (along with a 5-17 record in the last 22) provided the nail in the coffin as well as a solid "out" so that McDaniels' bloated salary didn't need to be paid

the "cheating" incident allowed Denver to fire McDaniels for cause, and save something like $5 mil in the process

i thought they were still paying him? i saw theyll be paying like 3 head coaches next year

FlexGunmetal
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM

The Broncos wont go after the cash.
Bowlen will be paying 3 HC salaries next year, if there is a season.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/12/06/no-for-cause-mentioned-to-mcdaniels/6029/
I've heard rumblings that Bowlen fired him this year because it will give him a headstart in the coach search going into the lockout, considering there will be 4+ vacancies possibly.
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

FlexGunmetal
12-07-2010, 09:40 AM
More

@VicLombardi
NEW INFORMATION: A Broncos player tells me there was a confrontation on the practice field today btwn Josh and Champ/DJ Williams.
Not exactly a mutiny. But the player described it as very heated and contentious. Something about wind sprints.

kethnaab
12-07-2010, 10:25 AM
The Broncos wont go after the cash.
Bowlen will be paying 3 HC salaries next year, if there is a season.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/12/06/no-for-cause-mentioned-to-mcdaniels/6029/
I've heard rumblings that Bowlen fired him this year because it will give him a headstart in the coach search going into the lockout, considering there will be 4+ vacancies possibly.
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

wow

that's surprising. makes perfect sense to fire him now to save the $$$

LikeAMachine
12-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I can't even begin to count how many times I told people Quinn was garbage.

Thank god for Josh Mcdaniels and Mike Holmgren.