PDA

View Full Version : SMH at people NOW giving Brady his props

SpiderSense
12-07-2010, 06:51 AM
***gots.

Yeah bro, Brady is NOW the best QB in the NFL.

This all had nothing to do with his 3 Super Bowl wins.

Jester78
12-07-2010, 06:55 AM
you know which qb's kinda lookin' like Brady right now minus a td or two here and there dontcha?

nevermind

dekd
12-07-2010, 06:56 AM
you know which qb's kinda lookin' like Brady right now minus a td or two here and there dontcha?

nevermind

lol gtfo

SpiderSense
12-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Brady just beat a 9-2 team by 40 points.

How about this "mystery QB"?

whatsupfresh19
12-07-2010, 07:01 AM
haters gonna hate brah. some people will just never give him the credit he deserves

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-07-2010, 07:10 AM
when you embarass the team in the league with the most hype, smack talk, and best record... full of pro bowl players... 45 to 3 on the biggest national stage... well...

You can figure out the rest...

iamgenus
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
***gots.

Some people hate the Patriots and Tom Brady. They rely purely on stats so seeing a guy just lead his team without crazy passing statistics to them isn't as impressive as setting passing records and then folding when it matters most.

Brady is having a hell of a season but there are a lot of really good qbs in the league at this point. Maybe the best top 10 or so list in history of the league.

No particular order

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Vick
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Ryan
Manning
Freeman

Plus bunch of other guys who can put up a big game any given Sunday - Orton, Bradford, Cutler, Flacco, Schaub...

secondhandloser
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Probably primarily because manning has been struggling this year.

macmoney
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Brady just beat a 9-2 team by 40 points.

How about this "mystery QB"?

and all 9 wins were against some stiff competition to guys

mcbizkit02
12-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Some people hate the Patriots and Tom Brady. They rely purely on stats so seeing a guy just lead his team without crazy passing statistics to them isn't as impressive as setting passing records and then folding when it matters most.

Brady is having a hell of a season but there are a lot of really good qbs in the league at this point. Maybe the best top 10 or so list in history of the league.

No particular order

Brady
Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Vick
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Ryan
Manning
Freeman

Plus bunch of other guys who can put up a big game any given Sunday - Orton, Bradford, Cutler, Flacco, Schaub...

lol at Freeman

caj
12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
It all goes back to that Super Bowl loss a couple of years ago. For some reason, Brady seemed to lose respect from so many (who seemed to go brain-dead about his other THREE victories in the SB) when he lost that game.

Something I respect about Brady:

Look at the difference in what he's accomplished since coming back from his season-ending injury vs Carson Palmer, who has never been the same. Brady is even better now than he was. You'd never know that he missed an entire season from a serious injury.

He makes smart decisions, understands the game, and his skills continue to improve.

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
It all goes back to that Super Bowl loss a couple of years ago. For some reason, Brady seemed to lose respect from so many (who seemed to go brain-dead about his other THREE victories in the SB) when he lost that game.

Something I respect about Brady:

Look at the difference in what he's accomplished since coming back from his season-ending injury vs Carson Palmer, who has never been the same. Brady is even better now than he was. You'd never know that he missed an entire season from a serious injury.

He makes smart decisions, understands the game, and his skills continue to improve.

brady did not lose that game... he played fine.

The giants D line won it... by sacking him.. and creating pressure

Tech_N9ne
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM
***gots.

I mean come on Brady marched to all three super bowls single-handedly and dominated his way to each and every win...oh wait....

http://eu-es.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2208985884&topic=2277

In 2001, he scored all of 18 touchdowns (or 108 points). How many did the Patriots score as a team? 351.
Tom Brady scored a little over 30% of all the Patriots points. Their offense was ranked 19th in total yards. Their saving grace was their top 10 running game.
And yet, he made it to the pro bowl that season and was widely considered the 2nd choice for MVP. Luck of the draw with what was the #5 ranked defense in points allowed that year. Very strange how he managed to win with a #5 defense and a #7 rushing game.

And now, what people consider Brady's 2nd greatest superbowl victory (the 1st being ofcourse his most recent. You know... the one where he didn't win Superbowl MVP. Oh yeah, wow, my bad.)

20-17, Pats win. And we all know what happened. Brady leads "the drive" and gets a game winning field goal.
Except, lets recap the plays of said drive. I really don't feel it deserves "the" in its title. If anything, it should be called, "reasons why Adam V should still be a patriot", and then personally e-mailed to Bill Bellicheck, but I don't know. Hey, I only research football and watch 50 games every NFL season despite working an average of 6 hours each Sunday during the season. Who the freak am I to know.
Plays. of. "the". drive.

First off, before the drive. The two previous possessions Tom Brady
SCORED 2 TOUCHDOWNS!! WOOH!
just kidding.
They went 3 and out.
Twice.
The defense, being godly, can stop a top five high flying some of the greatest passing of all time offense with MVP Kurt Warner and 2 Pro Bowl WRs Isaac Bruce and Terry Holt and pro Bowl RB Marshall Faulk.
Not once.
Not twice.
THREE TIMES. In 10 minutes. I didn't know you could have 6 possessions in 10 minutes in the NFL until that game. The defense scored a TD, and got a 30 yard return that after Brady went 3 and out, Adam V got a field goal with.

But the drive. the defense gets the ball back on the Pats 17 yard line with a minute 21 remaining - impressive.
Tom Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 8 yards on the flat.
Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 5 yards on the flat.
Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 11 yards on the flat.
They're at the New England 41, which means its time for St. Louis to stop running a prevent defense (you know, prevent... where no one covers the flat.)

Brady needs to step it up. One things for certain, don't throw over the middle.
GAH! NO ONE's OPEN INCOMPLETION!
Well, whatever, we have a minute. Let's get this **** started.
5 step drop, CRAP, NO ONE's OPEN! Dump over the middle to Troy Brown for 4 yards. NO!
NO WAIT!
HE BREAKS A TACKLE AND RUNS 19 YARDS! 23 YARD GAIN!
wait, wow, so what you're saying is, Troy Brown should be a pro bowl WR?
...Not really. But. I mean. There was a great play on this drive, that was it, and it wasn't Tom Brady's cause.
Super Bowl MVP Troy Brown? Naaaah. Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady. Moving on...

Brady wants to the endzone, we want to win with style here. Rams know it.
3 step drove, ****, EVERYONE'S COVERED!
Dump to Jermaine Wiggins, who fights his way forward for all of 6 yards to get to the Rams 30 yard line.
Adam V kicks...
ITS GOOD!
TOM BRADY SUPERBOWL MVP!

2003: Patriots defense is top 5 in defense in terms of points allowed. Did I say top 5? I meant clear cut number one.
TOM BRADY FACES THE TITANS, and boy does he swear vengeance against them for making him look bad for that game in 2002 when he played really horribly on his own.
14-14, 4th quarter, Tom Brady leads the game ending drive for a GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!
The drive was 13 yards. The Patriots kick return took them all the way to Titans 43, and Tom Brady gave them 13 yards of SHEER TALENT (i.e. ...throwing to the flats when no one is open) to win the game. With an Adam V field goal. That his defense and special teams allowed him to get.
Because they won a game with 17 points. In the playoffs. Which should never happen.
Drew Bennett drops a catch in the final minute of the game that would've brought the Titans within field goal range.

ah, Colts Pats. Funny how this one keeps re-occuring. Patriots win 24-14.
Manning Throws 4 interceptions and 3 of which went to Ty Law.
The Colts defense, horrible as it has always been in years past, allowed a whopping one touchdown to Tom Brady.
Tom Brady also forced a throw in the redzone that gave the Colts the ball back. Man, that guy just sure doesn't lose his cool under pressure.
Well, atleast Tom Brady manages the game. I mean, he leads the offense to... what, the 35?

2004: The Patriots defense is again top 10 in yards and top 10 in scoring allowed. In terms of scoring itself, it is again number 1.
Playoffs: Steelers: Tom Brady throws for 207 yards.
The defense forces four turnovers, and has a defensive touchdown.
Eagles Patriots. Superbooowl.
Defense holds Brian Westbrook to 44 yards, makes the Eagles one dimensional. Forces four turnovers.

caj
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
brady did not lose that game... he played fine.

The giants D line won it... by sacking him.. and creating pressure

Hey, I agree with you.

I'm just saying that's how a lot of people in sports reacted to him after that loss.

Had he won - and he had four rings and an undefeated season - he would've been crowned the GOAT by many in the sports field.

Plus, there was such a buildup to it, that when it didn't happen, there was a big letdown.

Not Tom's fault, but I believe that's why it's taken this long for him to get back that respect from the sports world.

lovebbing
12-07-2010, 10:09 AM
haters gonna hate brah. some people will just never give him the credit he deserves

this.

people are literally just jealous, and thats it. people get so upset even if they see the slightest bit of cockiness from brady, but hey, he was a 199 draft pick and played backup all his life! if i were him, it would be hard not to rub that in everyones faces

caj
12-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Tom Brady (when asked if watches 'Hard Knocks')

"No, I hate the Jets'.

It showed. Brady is the man.

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Tom Brady (when asked if watches 'Hard Knocks')

"No, I hate the Jets'.

It showed. Brady is the man.

lol

Texan1111
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
***gots.

The past is the past, yes he has 3 rings that didn't mean he was gonna be the best this year. NOW he is considered the best because he's proven himself again. Every year everyone has to prove themselves all over again. What has happened in previous years doesn't matter this year unless he's doing it again this year. As a sports fan you should know this.

What's the point of this thread?

Team Punishment
12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
The f*ck does SMH stand for?

iamgenus
12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
lol at Freeman

lol all you want...the guy has been very good for Tampa Bay and has a bunch of game winning drives on a team that really isn't that good.

JTrain306
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Stroking My Huevos, aka he's playing with his balls

TexasHeat
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Stroking My Huevos

CumshotGuru
12-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Brady has always been the GOAT. Manning is a choke artist 3 SBS>1. Anyone see Collin Cowherd have a mangasm on Sportsnation today? He's probably the biggest Brady lover on the planet.

EternallyMiscd
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I mean come on Brady marched to all three super bowls single-handedly and dominated his way to each and every win...oh wait....

http://eu-es.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2208985884&topic=2277

In 2001, he scored all of 18 touchdowns (or 108 points). How many did the Patriots score as a team? 351.
Tom Brady scored a little over 30% of all the Patriots points. Their offense was ranked 19th in total yards. Their saving grace was their top 10 running game.
And yet, he made it to the pro bowl that season and was widely considered the 2nd choice for MVP. Luck of the draw with what was the #5 ranked defense in points allowed that year. Very strange how he managed to win with a #5 defense and a #7 rushing game.

And now, what people consider Brady's 2nd greatest superbowl victory (the 1st being ofcourse his most recent. You know... the one where he didn't win Superbowl MVP. Oh yeah, wow, my bad.)

20-17, Pats win. And we all know what happened. Brady leads "the drive" and gets a game winning field goal.
Except, lets recap the plays of said drive. I really don't feel it deserves "the" in its title. If anything, it should be called, "reasons why Adam V should still be a patriot", and then personally e-mailed to Bill Bellicheck, but I don't know. Hey, I only research football and watch 50 games every NFL season despite working an average of 6 hours each Sunday during the season. Who the freak am I to know.
Plays. of. "the". drive.

First off, before the drive. The two previous possessions Tom Brady
SCORED 2 TOUCHDOWNS!! WOOH!
just kidding.
They went 3 and out.
Twice.
The defense, being godly, can stop a top five high flying some of the greatest passing of all time offense with MVP Kurt Warner and 2 Pro Bowl WRs Isaac Bruce and Terry Holt and pro Bowl RB Marshall Faulk.
Not once.
Not twice.
THREE TIMES. In 10 minutes. I didn't know you could have 6 possessions in 10 minutes in the NFL until that game. The defense scored a TD, and got a 30 yard return that after Brady went 3 and out, Adam V got a field goal with.

But the drive. the defense gets the ball back on the Pats 17 yard line with a minute 21 remaining - impressive.
Tom Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 8 yards on the flat.
Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 5 yards on the flat.
Brady steps back 3 times, my god, no one's open! Drop to JR Redmond for 11 yards on the flat.
They're at the New England 41, which means its time for St. Louis to stop running a prevent defense (you know, prevent... where no one covers the flat.)

Brady needs to step it up. One things for certain, don't throw over the middle.
GAH! NO ONE's OPEN INCOMPLETION!
Well, whatever, we have a minute. Let's get this **** started.
5 step drop, CRAP, NO ONE's OPEN! Dump over the middle to Troy Brown for 4 yards. NO!
NO WAIT!
HE BREAKS A TACKLE AND RUNS 19 YARDS! 23 YARD GAIN!
wait, wow, so what you're saying is, Troy Brown should be a pro bowl WR?
...Not really. But. I mean. There was a great play on this drive, that was it, and it wasn't Tom Brady's cause.
Super Bowl MVP Troy Brown? Naaaah. Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady. Moving on...

Brady wants to the endzone, we want to win with style here. Rams know it.
3 step drove, ****, EVERYONE'S COVERED!
Dump to Jermaine Wiggins, who fights his way forward for all of 6 yards to get to the Rams 30 yard line.
Adam V kicks...
ITS GOOD!
TOM BRADY SUPERBOWL MVP!

2003: Patriots defense is top 5 in defense in terms of points allowed. Did I say top 5? I meant clear cut number one.
TOM BRADY FACES THE TITANS, and boy does he swear vengeance against them for making him look bad for that game in 2002 when he played really horribly on his own.
14-14, 4th quarter, Tom Brady leads the game ending drive for a GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!
The drive was 13 yards. The Patriots kick return took them all the way to Titans 43, and Tom Brady gave them 13 yards of SHEER TALENT (i.e. ...throwing to the flats when no one is open) to win the game. With an Adam V field goal. That his defense and special teams allowed him to get.
Because they won a game with 17 points. In the playoffs. Which should never happen.
Drew Bennett drops a catch in the final minute of the game that would've brought the Titans within field goal range.

ah, Colts Pats. Funny how this one keeps re-occuring. Patriots win 24-14.
Manning Throws 4 interceptions and 3 of which went to Ty Law.
The Colts defense, horrible as it has always been in years past, allowed a whopping one touchdown to Tom Brady.
Tom Brady also forced a throw in the redzone that gave the Colts the ball back. Man, that guy just sure doesn't lose his cool under pressure.
Well, atleast Tom Brady manages the game. I mean, he leads the offense to... what, the 35?

2004: The Patriots defense is again top 10 in yards and top 10 in scoring allowed. In terms of scoring itself, it is again number 1.
Playoffs: Steelers: Tom Brady throws for 207 yards.
The defense forces four turnovers, and has a defensive touchdown.
Eagles Patriots. Superbooowl.
Defense holds Brian Westbrook to 44 yards, makes the Eagles one dimensional. Forces four turnovers.

LOL. brilliant. Anyone who thinks Manning wouldn't do at least just as well (an likely far better) if he was on the patriots is delusional. Manning single handedly wins games. The Patriots defense wins games. Brady was a good QB on a great team. Manning was a far better QB on a not-so-great team.

/thread

JTrain306
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL. brilliant. Anyone who thinks Manning wouldn't do at least just as well (an likely far better) if he was on the patriots is delusional. Manning single handedly wins games. The Patriots defense wins games. Brady was a good QB on a great team. Manning was a far better QB on a not-so-great team.

/thread
notsureifsrs

Manning is overrated

EternallyMiscd
12-07-2010, 03:36 PM
notsureifsrs

Manning is overrated

Brady is not?

Big7Ben86
12-07-2010, 03:37 PM
bradys last 5 seasons remind me of peytons 5 before the superbowl win. calm down, i wanna see him do it in the playoffs, not choke again.

magicmatt
12-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Brady is not?

is this serious?

JTrain306
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Brady is not?
Nope.

gabe2gg
12-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Brady is not?

bradys last 5 seasons remind me of peytons 5 before the superbowl win. calm down, i wanna see him do it in the playoffs, not choke again.

http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//MAKEITRAIN.gif

EternallyMiscd
12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
is this serious?

Read Tech_N9ne's post. Is any of that not true? Why then does Brady get 95% of the praise for his superbowl wins, and how is that not overrating him?

Big7Ben86
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//MAKEITRAIN.gif

if you can say with a straight face brady has been good in the playoffs recently, u may wanna remove his dick outta your face and watch again.

magicmatt
12-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Read Tech_N9ne's post. Is any of that not true? Why then does Brady get 95% of the praise for his superbowl wins, and how is that not overrating him?

he set up game winning drives to kick game winning field goals

stats dont show that ****

people act like adam kicked 80 yard field goals

Tdog1
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g325/jeanhar93/Icons/GTFO.png

gabe2gg
12-07-2010, 03:58 PM

if you can say with a straight face brady has been good in the playoffs recently, u may wanna remove his dick outta your face and watch again.
07 wasnt his fault and in 09 he was coming off surgury

jdo1
12-07-2010, 04:00 PM

don't think the steelers would want to see them again lol

EternallyMiscd
12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
he set up game winning drives to kick game winning field goals

stats dont show that ****

people act like adam kicked 80 yard field goals

Looks like you don't/can't read. Very little of that post was about stats. The message from the post is that

A) If Brady was that good ,with the team he has, game winning drives should not have been necessary in the first place if he wasn't just mediocre throughout the game. The defense deserves equal or more praise for the superbowl win than he does.

B) He did nothing an average QB could not do during said game winning drives

Big7Ben86
12-07-2010, 04:27 PM

07 wasnt his fault when he threw 3 interceptions in the afc championship game but the patriots pulled him through

or a bunch of bad passes in the superbowl and looking like a deer in the headlights when he actually learned what facing a pash rush was

iamgenus
12-07-2010, 04:52 PM
07 wasnt his fault when he threw 3 interceptions in the afc championship game but the patriots pulled him through

or a bunch of bad passes in the superbowl and looking like a deer in the headlights when he actually learned what facing a pash rush was

Terrible game by Brady...worse one by Rivers.

The superbowl it wasn't just a normal pass rush. Put down the haterade Brady isn't rattled by regular pressure. The Giants were on another level in that game. And when it mattered towards the end of the game Brady drove them down the field and threw for a TD that put them up. Defense couldn't hold. Brady didn't have a great game but despite all the pressure coming at him he had a better game than Manning did against the Bears in their SB victory(he got SB MVP for that performance)

Negatron617
12-07-2010, 05:02 PM
negged a couple idiots

brady had no weapons before.....numbers sucks

brady has weapons post 2007

records broken

manning has no offensive weapons and he looks like ****....when brady didnt have any weapons and played outside in crappy weather for a buncha games hes expected to have great stats

stfu

last decade the colts had more wins in a decade than any team in history.........read that again and ask yourself why they get to the playoffs and choke

ask yourself how manning single handedly wins games in reg season but when he chokes in the playoffs oh its not his fault its a team game...he needs help with all those weapons

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-07-2010, 05:06 PM
colts suck

rampagefc77
12-07-2010, 05:18 PM

It's always the QBs fault... If Rodgers can put up 40+ points in his first playoff game and lose and it's his fault, then putting up 13(?) points is definitely Brady's fault based on the logic of these boards.

FWIW the pats played the giants the last game of regulation that season and beat them. It's not like either team brought in different personnel for the SB, it was the same match up. Losing in the SB was one of the biggest chokes I've seen in a long time (undefeated team with arguably the greatest offense of all time against a giants team that barely made the playoffs that year.)

82ndSergeant
12-08-2010, 05:46 AM
Lots of valid points in this thread. Personally, regular season means SH** to me, playoff time means that the cream rises to the top. Problem is, in the NFL it doesn't matter who you play, but when. We shall see if Brady can lead his team through the playoffs against the NY, Pitt, Baltimore, KC, ATL, or New Orleans PLAYOFF teams this year. I feel like it'll be a Patriot superbowl, and I'm saying this as a Packer fan. Sucks for the Pack this year, but that's what injuries do.

Advil
12-08-2010, 10:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kDkby.jpg

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-09-2010, 04:31 AM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/ecko979/tumblr_lc1z5dC6w11qclcbeo1_400.jpg

eastmarket
12-09-2010, 04:39 AM
***gots.

I always prefered Brady in the clutch over anyone in this generation.Everyone always talks about Manning, but that fact remains, despite great teams, he's still 2 Superbowls behind. And at this rate, soon to be 3

LOWTESTOSTERONE
12-09-2010, 04:42 AM
I always prefered Brady in the clutch over anyone in this generation.Everyone always talks about Manning, but that fact remains, despite great teams, he's still 2 Superbowls behind. And at this rate, soon to be 3

Brady is not as agressive as manning... and as a result does not make as many mistakes in the clutch.

I never seen tom brady lose a game... (srs)

I see peyton lose games all the time... including the last three... and oh..yeah... The superbowl.... Lulz

caj
12-09-2010, 06:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kDkby.jpg

That is classic.

Repped.

magicmatt
12-09-2010, 06:41 AM
I never seen tom brady lose a game... (srs)

its happened. much less than manning does it but its happened