PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys should draft Cam Newton-1st Round

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 08:35 AM
This is a serious thread and I put a lot of thought in it.

1.Trade or keep Romo as a backup. Don't matter.
2. Start Kitna, give Cam some snaps
3. Cam is a pro caliber QB. I know there's gonna be a lot of bullshters saying he can't do this or that. Don't listen to them. they don't know.

The Cowboys have enough talent to make any QB look good. Cam will take it to the next level.

Cam Newton is the real deal and can not be passed up. Please Jerry Jones don't be a moron and screw this up.

Please dont tell me we need Cornerback or Lineman.

LVI
12-06-2010, 08:40 AM

3. Cam is a pro caliber QB. I know there's gonna be a lot of bullshters saying he can't do this or that. Don't listen to them. they don't know.

The Cowboys have enough talent to make any QB look good. Cam will take it to the next level.

Cam Newton is the real deal and can not be passed up. Please Jerry Jones don't be a moron and screw this up.

If we did draft Newton (which i would be fine with) we cant keep Romo as a Back up, he makes too much. Release him and use his money on the FA market to help our Oline. Newton to Bryant would be sweet.

ryan36_1
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM

Came in to make fun of original idea, but can't decide if I should ridicule this first.

ohiostate124
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
so you would want to cowboys to start kitna, give newton some snaps, and make romo your 3rd qb? LOL please dallas do this

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
If we did draft Newton (which i would be fine with) we cant keep Romo as a Back up, he makes too much. Release him and use his money on the FA market to help our Oline. Newton to Bryant would be sweet.

Newton has so much talent. He can do anything.

I am scared he may go to the 49ers which would not be good for him. That position is cursed ever since Montana left!

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
so you would want to cowboys to start kitna, give newton some snaps, and make romo your 3rd qb? LOL please dallas do this

Those are all thoughts nit wit. In that case Romo would be gone.

Hoop_Dreams
12-06-2010, 08:46 AM

http://i53.tinypic.com/11c74zl.gif

And we don't need a Cornerback?

Did you miss the part where Reggie Wayne had 14 catches for 200 yards yesterday? The secondary's been getting roasted all year. And the O-line is old and unathletic.

I like Cam, but QB is near dead last on the list of team needs. Pls go.

cp3wfu
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM

I am scared he may go to the 49ers which would not be good for him. That position is cursed ever since Montana left!

Yeah poor Steve Young

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 08:48 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/11c74zl.gif

And we don't need a Cornerback?

Did you miss the part where Reggie Wayne had 14 catches for 200 yards yesterday? The secondary's been getting roasted all year. And the O-line is old and unathletic.

I like Cam, but QB is near dead last on the list of team needs. Pls go.

Change defense coordinator and get a free agent. There are other CBs in later rounds.

mcbizkit02
12-06-2010, 08:49 AM

not sure if srs. ever heard of Steve Young?

niospecv
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Need o-line and secondary help/10

tyqb4
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
i thought jenkins-newman-scandrick was an alright group of cbs? hasn't their safety play been horrible? shouldn't they look to get a true block eating/run stuffing nose tackle and kick ratliff to a DE spot? or rebuild their o-line? they have traded away so many picks that it has killed their depth...seems like everybody on their team is either a superstar or a really bad player...not enough role players to free up everybody else.

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 09:03 AM
not sure if srs. ever heard of Steve Young?

Ever heard how he ended his career?

Gator1010
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
http://www.mrsec.com/pics/tim-tebow-beard.jpg

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Romos trade value may not be very good now that John Kitna of all QB's is doing about as well as Romo was.

SteezeFactory
12-06-2010, 09:12 AM
The last thing the Cowboys need to worry about is a QB. Newton will be a project and the team has the talent to win now.

Ever heard how Aeneas Williams ended his career?

fixed

http://www.azcentral.com/i/sized/3/A/A/e298/j350/PHP4833199B53AA3.jpg

TexasHeat
12-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Romo is stll a top 10 QB in the NFL and 30 years old.

Cam Newton is a bad guy, a cheater and a thief, no thanks. Look at Vick and Russell.

JTrain306
12-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Inducted into the Hall of Fame with 2 MVPs, a Super Bowl MVP, 2 NFC OPOY awards, 1 NFL OPOY award, 7 Pro Bowls, 3 First Team All-Pro selections, the all-time record for most TDs in a Super Bowl (6), all time record for most career rushing TDs for a QB, and the 3rd highest career QB rating of all time (was 1st for a while)?

Sounds terrible.

Mac_xX
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow, I really hope that you arent serious Joelz. If you are, you are absolutely blind to every problem that the Cowboys really have. Romo is a GOOD QB, you DO NOT need to draft a QB right now. You need to replace an old line and get some good DB's. QB is not a priority right now.

wallyworld34
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
whatever they do , get rid of jenkins.

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Romo is stll a top 10 QB in the NFL and 30 years old.

Cam Newton is a bad guy, a cheater and a thief, no thanks. Look at Vick and Russell.

Romo will start to downward spiral. He will be the next story to the Cowboys Saga. I do not want this. Cam is legit.

Wow, I really hope that you arent serious Joelz. If you are, you are absolutely blind to every problem that the Cowboys really have. Romo is a GOOD QB, you DO NOT need to draft a QB right now. You need to replace an old line and get some good DB's. QB is not a priority right now.

NoS_oUtLaSt
12-06-2010, 09:55 AM
joelz has spoken.

bking10
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
well, if u hire Josh Mcdaniels this off season then all this is a possibility. he might also trade either miles austin or dez bryant too though.

MikeLowry7
12-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Newton's a project like Tebow. He has potential to do big things in the NFL, but he needs to be in a situation where the coaching staff is willing to take the time to build him up.

As far as the Cowboys go, it's always been Jerry Jones's team. If he feels like Cam Newton's gonna be great in the league, he'll make the move reguardless of what other needs they may have.

Stompin_Tom
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
cam newton is a beast in ncaa. can run through linebackers.

in the nfl cam newton is a big one of these:

http://scottgharrison.homestead.com/Target_image.gif

cncman
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Keep Romo, imo. Yeah he chokes in the playoffs, but at least he gets there. Maybe one day he will get over his bullshiit. We need an offensive line over anything, next up would be a pass defense.

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Newton's a project like Tebow. He has potential to do big things in the NFL, but he needs to be in a situation where the coaching staff is willing to take the time to build him up.

As far as the Cowboys go, it's always been Jerry Jones's team. If he feels like Cam Newton's gonna be great in the league, he'll make the move reguardless of what other needs they may have.

Newton is not like Tebow. Absolutely not.

brb_ballin
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
lol @ Romo being 3rd string behind Kitna and a Rookie...

i know he sucks but come on...

cncman
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
lol @ Romo being 3rd string behind Kitna and a Rookie...

i know he sucks but come on...

Romo career passer rating 95.5, yeah he sucks real bad.

Your Dad
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I wish you had children so I could kick em in the ****in head or stomp on their testicles so you could feel my pain, because thats the pain I have everytime I read one of your dumbass posts.

iamgenus
12-06-2010, 11:14 AM

Yea damn that SB winning, HOF career....

You should've quit while you were behind.

Jeff Garcia was pretty good too.

brb_ballin
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Romo career passer rating 95.5, yeah he sucks real bad.

and a playoff legend..

oh wait..

cncman
12-06-2010, 11:34 AM
and a playoff legend..

oh wait..

I realize that, read my first post in the thread. All Dallas can do is sit around and hope he hardens up in the playoffs.

Mac_xX
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Doesnt matter though brahs, since Joelz has said this will happen there is 100% of a chance that it won't. Don't fret Cowboy fans, you'll be ok

ZidaneValor
12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
and a playoff legend..

oh wait..

I'm going to laugh IF Green Bay loses in Round 1, and Romo still has more playoff wins than Aaron Rodgers.

That's basically my best case scenario the rest of the season.

Edit: I thought for some reason Green Bay was the #5 seed right now. Green Bay is the #7 seed, so they have to get into the playoffs first.

lsiberian
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Running QBs don't win super bowls. I'm all for trading Romo if we can get a first and second rounder for him, but the Boys need lineman more than a QB atm. Sure a corner would be nice, but a new LT is a greater priority. Thankfully we found the coach already. 3-1 with a team that had quit is incredible. Imagine what he could do with a training camp.

The only QBs of interest to me are Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallet. I want no part of Cam Newton.

lsiberian
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I realize that, read my first post in the thread. All Dallas can do is sit around and hope he hardens up in the playoffs.

He already won a game in the playoffs. They lost their Left Tackle and their Defense against Minnesota. Besides he's had Wade coaching him. If JG can get washed up Kitna to beat the Colts and Giants he can certainly get Romo to win in the playoffs.

chasem
12-06-2010, 01:10 PM
kitna is no where near as good as romo, and cam newton...srs?

Woogiefied
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Doesnt matter though brahs, since Joelz has said this will happen there is 100% of a chance that it won't. Don't fret Cowboy fans, you'll be ok

Yea Joelz is like Mush from A Bronx Tale, everything he predicts turns to sh!t.

http://i54.tinypic.com/312trx2.jpg

5x10
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
why waste a first rounder when you can pick up the same guy(vince young) off of free agency?

and if he cant play OL, the cowboys dont need him

lsiberian
12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
why waste a first rounder when you can pick up the same guy(vince young) off of free agency?

and if he cant play OL, the cowboys dont need him

Don't give Jerry any ideas.

Gris419
12-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Vince Young = Cam Newton = Terelle Pryor

all 6'5/6'6 spread offense system quarterbacks and only 4.5 speed slow wont out run corners and linebackers.

only good scramblin quarterback is mike vick 6'0 4.3 homie who has a hell of a better arm and got dat dere pure african genetics

stick with Tony Romo and draft Patrick Peterson (cb) and a offensive lineman cause your o-line gets raped on sundays and Tony is always running for his life.

Big7Ben86
12-06-2010, 01:36 PM
dont see why the cowboys didnt draft colt mccoy.

although nuthuggers will disagree, romo is not the answer to this team. he does not have the skill to beat or read complex defenses and rarely shows up in big games.

ZidaneValor
12-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Have I missed a series of big games that Romo has failed in?

I can think of two: the Seattle game in what was his first year as a starter, and the Giants game where Dallas lost as the #1 seed (the Giants then went on to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.) Edit: I guess the Vikings game MAY be a third, but it was clear the offensive line had the worst playoff game collectively of all time.

Is there any other QB that HASN'T lost 2/3 big games before?

I don't remember all those playoff games Rodgers has won. I don't remember that Super Bowl that Phillip Rivers went to.

Yes: Brady, both Mannings, Brees, and Big Ben are better than Romo. But Romo is on that second tier with Rivers and Rodgers. You can't say Romo hasn't won big games as an argument when Rodgers and Rivers haven't either.

batman15
12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Negging you until you're red.

lsiberian
12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Vince Young = Cam Newton = Terelle Pryor

all 6'5/6'6 spread offense system quarterbacks and only 4.5 speed slow wont out run corners and linebackers.

only good scramblin quarterback is mike vick 6'0 4.3 homie who has a hell of a better arm and got dat dere pure african genetics

stick with Tony Romo and draft Patrick Peterson (cb) and a offensive lineman cause your o-line gets raped on sundays and Tony is always running for his life.

Let's not anoint Vick yet his chances of surviving this season healthy are probably 50 percent. I love watching him play, but you can't take shots like that and last in this league.

lsiberian
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM

although nuthuggers will disagree, romo is not the answer to this team. he does not have the skill to beat or read complex defenses and rarely shows up in big games.

He beat the Super Bowl Champs last year. He's beaten plenty of other good teams in his career. He had Wade coaching him not Cowher, Peyton, Dungy, or Bill. Let's see what he does with a good coach before we go around saying he's not the answer. The Cowboys just beat the Colts with Kitna for crying out loud.

chasem
12-06-2010, 01:59 PM

most retarded statement people say over and over and have no evidence to back it up.. sure you can find a big game or 2 he might have "choked in" but which QB hasn't had those?

5x10
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
most retarded statement people say over and over and have no evidence to back it up.. sure you can find a big game or 2 he might have "choked in" but which QB hasn't had those?

bro, its the same bs from that guy
he shows up in every cowboy thread to hate on tony romo and the cowboys

probably hasnt even watched romo play

batman15
12-06-2010, 02:36 PM

Romo sucks. You know it too.

fly4navy117
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
He's not as NFL ready as Andrew Luck or Ryan Mallet, but he's def got potential to be an NFL QB soon. I think he'd be better off somewhere like Minnisota, where there is a lot of talent and a set starter, but they'll be in need of a QB soon. Newton is a quick study though. His passing and decision making since the beginning of the 2010 season has improved dramatically.

Dyncommon
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Romo is a solid QB. The only reason he didn't preform well in the Minn. Game was the OL fail.

Big7Ben86
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM

ha. romo has gotten hype ever since he took over for the statue. he will have 4 td games vs the lions. but every year when a good team is on the schedule, he is no where to be found. i dont want a qb like that on my team. dont give me that saints game last year cause they were struggling at that point, barely won the week before and lost after to the bad bucs

iamgenus
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Cowboys have other needs. Maybe if Andrew Luck was there they should take him but Cam Newton is a project. He may turn out into a stud but there is a high risk involved. Taking a guy like that high when you already have a good qb is dumb.

ZidaneValor
12-06-2010, 03:14 PM
dont give me that saints game last year cause they were struggling at that point, barely won the week before and lost after to the bad bucs

I like how throwing for 300+ yards against the 13-0 Saints in New Orleans doesn't count for some reason.

BeanieWells
12-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Tony Romo is a poor mans Jeff Garcia, he is no Tom Brady or Kurt Warner to take his team to da big one!

jdo1
12-06-2010, 03:42 PM
joelz has spoken.

nfl scout lol

joelz54_99
12-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Just watch and see what he does.