PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 02:35 AM
quotes after tonight's game (make sure you check nfl.com for the highlights if you haven't seen the ridiculous play Troy made to basically win the game)

(on the sack and fumble) “The coaches made a great call. I was surprised they were passing in that situation. It was all coached football.”

(on anticipating the run on that play) “Yes, we were, but Coach [Dick] LeBeau was a step ahead.”

(on the defense holding on the last drive) “There are still a lot of things we need to fix. I personally gave up the first touchdown, the big play, by being misaligned. Had I not made those mistakes, then we probably would have not been in that situation late in the game.”

geez. How the hell can you not LOVE this dude? (nohomo)

Be_Easy_25
12-06-2010, 02:38 AM
big SC fan.

wish he wasnt putting in work for the steel city.

LostOne287
12-06-2010, 02:56 AM
Love that he's so humble. One of the greatest players at his position of all-time, yet he's still as down to earth and humble as one can possibly be. Even if you hate the Steelers with a passion, I don't see how anyone could not like Troy.

The_Source
12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
amazing player with a real chill attitude

now imagine if he had the same mentality of James Harrison..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

jross2021
12-06-2010, 03:36 AM
missed the play, NBC was like frozen in my area for some reason, utter bullshyt.

anyone got the vid?

iamgenus
12-06-2010, 03:38 AM
The guy is amazing. On a defense filled with great players he imo is the best one out there. That D takes a big dip when Troy is out hurt.

I've seen that kid single handily win games for them. Definitely a guy any team would love to have play for them.

LiftHeavy85
12-06-2010, 04:20 AM
I dont really see how you can hate the guy after watching his shampoo commercial...makes me lulz everytime

JolietKev
12-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Great player and seems to be an even better person. He is a different person on the field than he is off.

Hoop_Dreams
12-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Gotta love humble athletes

amazing player with a real chill attitude

now imagine if he had the same mentality of James Harrison..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

He may not have the mentality of Harrison but he definitely plays with the same intensity.

LVI
12-06-2010, 08:23 AM
im not a Steelers fan, hell i was hoping for the Ravens to win last night. But damn is Polamalu a stud (no homo) and would love to see him on my Cowboys team some day.

evilsteve02
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM
quotes after tonight's game (make sure you check nfl.com for the highlights if you haven't seen the ridiculous play Troy made to basically win the game)

(on the sack and fumble) “The coaches made a great call. I was surprised they were passing in that situation. It was all coached football.”

(on anticipating the run on that play) “Yes, we were, but Coach [Dick] LeBeau was a step ahead.”

(on the defense holding on the last drive) “There are still a lot of things we need to fix. I personally gave up the first touchdown, the big play, by being misaligned. Had I not made those mistakes, then we probably would have not been in that situation late in the game.”

Refreshing to hear that out of the Steelers locker room instead of them crying about a Harrison fine for a change....but it is only monday...rog might slap one on him later today or tomorrow.

tyqb4
12-06-2010, 08:32 AM
fukin love this guy (no homo). the titans game last year to open the season still sticks out in my mind...he had a tackle on chris johnson in the flats where he just DESTROYED him...never seen anybody close that fast. then later on the 1 handed pick...dude is just incredible.

Advil
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
head and shoulders commercials are phucking hilarious. i love troy.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Refreshing to hear that out of the Steelers locker room instead of them crying about a Harrison fine for a change....but it is only monday...rog might slap one on him later today or tomorrow.

did you watch the game last night?

TheStack
12-06-2010, 08:42 AM

I've been saying this for a long time: Troy Polamalu is the best defensive player in the game today and will be remembered as a legend of football in 20 years. He is the definition of a "game changer".

Plus he's such a humble guy.

Trapstar4.4
12-06-2010, 08:54 AM
damn, yeah i saw him do it again. it seems like he has pretty much closed a few games this year. falcons :(

Big_Pete1000
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Did he mention Joe Flacco not being able to throw a 2 yard pass to a completely open guy? lulz

ScotchDate
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
yet Jf1 and AKR troll / preach all day long Christians are worthless liars out to kill everyone who's different.

karas
12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
yet Jf1 and AKR troll / preach all day long Christians are worthless liars out to kill everyone who's different.
wrong thread? Are you on the toilet? Wut?

dat hair...

cncman
12-06-2010, 10:00 AM
He will go down as one of the greatest of all time (srs)

stay healthy troy...

crunchyblack
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
head and shoulders commercials are phucking hilarious. i love troy.

this, lol

i dunno how many times ive seen that commercial and i lol every single time it comes on

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt57/sgtrobo/Steelers%20gifs/Troysicktacklegif.gif

HELIX35
12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
He's always seemed like a down to earth nice guy

His shampoo commercial cracks me up

gaJFnGGECJo

Max~Power
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I would killed to have him on the Lions (Most other teams would say the same) and that hair too.

matt_vizzle
12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I dont really see how you can hate the guy after watching his shampoo commercial...makes me lulz everytime

This lol.

Big7Ben86
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM
apparently not many people know about this guy, hence the predicted 3rd place afc north finish behind the bengals and ravens

biggest difference maker in the nfl

Advil
12-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Troy is honestly what an NFL player should be in my opinion. One thing I love about the Pats is the humble pie forced on them by Bill.

I would honestly hate if the Pats came out talking trash and being rude and unsportsmanlike. I like when teams come out complimenting the other team and being gentlemen about everything, and he's ALWAYS like that.

LVI
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM

Hmmm not sure who they are. Are they on the Steelers, LOL.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 04:41 PM
apparently not many people know about this guy, hence the predicted 3rd place afc north finish behind the bengals and ravens

biggest difference maker in the nfl

hahaha....I remember this....so much lulz in that whole pile of cess...

its50
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM

this. unfortunately i can't say the same about these forums compared to the locker room

either way, mad respect for polamalu. i saw the ball being hut and him coming in unblocked and was going darthvadernoooooooooo.jpg

Ruger357
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Although I freely admit I'm biased, he is the best safety in football right now. And plus he is funny as **** in those commercials.

kethnaab
12-08-2010, 08:25 PM
NFL.com writer thinks Troy is DPOY this year

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cbe43c/article/impact-big-plays-make-polamalu-nfls-best-defensive-player?module=HP_cp2

DiscipIine
12-08-2010, 08:35 PM
God I was raging when that happened, that play was soo dirty
Troy's so ****in nasty, he same almost the exact same thing on a run play early in the game when he came unblcoekd and got flacco right at the handoff...

Hopefully the ravens can edge them out for top afc north team, but it'll be tough.

BladeRun
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
I hate the steelers but I still like and respect troy. Agreed on the appeal of great athletes that are humble.

That's part of why Hillis has become so huge in Cleveland.

Liangtastic
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM

This. Him and Hines Ward own my respect on that team.

JaxBrah
12-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Awesome player and a great dude.

The fact that cam cameron is a terrible OC who would call that play in that situation, and the fact that he actually doesent have an audible system in his scheme is what really caused that fumble. that was the easiest strip ive ever seen. How could u leave troy completely unblocked and ignored like that. Im just waiting for the day cam is fires. Who the hell doesent let their offensr call audibles in the nfl. Hes holding flacco back just like he did with brees and rivers

kethnaab
12-08-2010, 09:33 PM
The fact that cam cameron is a terrible OC who would call that play in that situation, and the fact that he actually doesent have an audible system in his scheme is what really caused that fumble. that was the easiest strip ive ever seen. How could u leave troy completely unblocked and ignored like that. Im just waiting for the day cam is fires. Who the hell doesent let their offensr call audibles in the nfl. Hes holding flacco back just like he did with brees and rivers

hey, I'll offer you a trade, Bruce Arians (Steelers' OC) for Cam Cameron. I'll even through in a mid-round draft pick.

Trust me man, it could be worse.

Cameron's schemes are very RB-centric.

JTrain306
12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Awesome player and a great dude.

He's really hard to miss with that big hair coming out of his helmet. He's the one guy on the field that's immediately recognizable and sticks out like a sore thumb.... and is known to make plays and demands respect because of it.... yet somehow he was given a free path to the QB.

hawkrock60
12-08-2010, 10:58 PM
VeFQGMzeLUk
tackle of CJ2K is at 1:02

Polamalu is pure beast mode. No defensive player in the NFL compares.

Big7Ben86
12-08-2010, 11:16 PM
VeFQGMzeLUk

and 2:00

defense is completely different with the hair in the secondary

CCAurora
12-08-2010, 11:26 PM
I hate him because he's not on my team and is awesome.

kethnaab
12-08-2010, 11:41 PM
VeFQGMzeLUk

The 1:02 tackle, the 2:00 pick...one of these days, I'm just going to make a "best of" video of Troy and his frickin' retarded plays, like the "leap the OL" from the 2nd week this season, or the ridiculous sliding pick against Baltimore, or the ridiculous sliding pick against San Diego....geez.

This could end up being a really long video

TNetz
12-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I have a friend that told me his son was driving down the street one Saturday night and there was a car tailgating him. When he came to the red light, somebody got out of the car and came up to his window. It was Troy and he handed him two two tickets to the next game because he was wearing his jersey.

I know it sounds like total homer BS, and it very well could be, but my friend wouldn't lie about something like that.

Pretty freakin cool if you ask me.