PDA

View Full Version : With the first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select

HumptyBrah
12-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Jake Locker, quarterback, Washington

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9601/cpt0.jpg

cor030
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
you wish

speaking of Andrew Luck, I heard heard that Jim Jarbaugh is expected to accept a contract extension from Stanford soon :(

neilsabo
12-05-2010, 10:01 PM
you wish

speaking of Andrew Luck, I heard heard that Jim Jarbaugh is expected to accept a contract extension from Stanford soon :(

i figured he'd at least see how much $$$ his alma mater throws at him before accepting an extension from stanford

Masstastic
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
you wish

He wasn't coming to Carolina anyways.

Luck likely coming out early either. Hes probably going to stay for his Senior year(RS Junior).

Masstastic
12-05-2010, 10:03 PM
i figured he'd at least see how much $$$ his alma mater throws at him before accepting an extension from stanford

Harbaugh doesn't want anything to do with Michigan.

Just because Bo is one of his coaching inspirations, doesn't mean he wants to follow in Bo's footsteps at the program he built.

HumptyBrah
12-05-2010, 10:03 PM

Luck likely coming out early either. Hes probably going to stay for his Senior year(RS Junior).
Dumb move would be dumb

cor030
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM

If he does that he is giving up millions upon millions of dollars that would be guaranteed in a monster 1st overall contract. This is the last season without a rookie salary cap, so I honestly can't see him staying.

Who knows, though.

magicmatt
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Harbaugh doesn't want anything to do with Michigan.

Just because Bo is one of his coaching inspirations, doesn't mean he wants to follow in Bo's footsteps at the program he built.

this.

if he stays at stanford and makes them a powerhouse, he's a legend. if he doesnt, he wasnt supposed to anyways. staying at stanford is a no risk, win/win for him.

BeanieWells
12-05-2010, 10:07 PM
With the seventh overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

Kyle Brotzman, K, Boise State

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/11/kyle.brotzman.jpg

BeanieWells
12-05-2010, 10:08 PM

If he does that he is giving up millions upon millions of dollars that would be guaranteed in a monster 1st overall contract. This is the last season without a rookie salary cap, so I honestly can't see him staying.

Who knows, though.

The Panthers new HC will be Russ Grimm who is one of the worst OL coaches in the NFL.

cor030
12-05-2010, 10:09 PM
The Panthers new HC will be Russ Grimm who is one of the worst OL coaches in the NFL.

I've heard that rumor.. nothing more than speculation.

HumptyBrah
I'm not funny and a horrible troll
It's ok brah

StabMastaArson
Legit LOL @ trollface Panther logo

BeachBrah22
Why would harbaugh even want to stay at stanford

theyre going to absolutely suck once luck leaves

Masstastic
Dumb move would be dumb

Nope, it would be a very smart move. It shows progression from year to year, and details your strengths & weaknesses so teams dont have to gamble on upside.

Do you remember the last QB who came out early after 2 seasons?

http://media.baycitizen.org/uploaded/images/2010/9/alex-smith-sacked/lightbox/9-27%20Alex%20Smith%20sacked.jpg

Luck isn't a finished product. Even if he got hurt next season, he'd still go #1 just like Bradford did.

Masstastic
12-05-2010, 10:15 PM

Who knows, though.

Peter King said the rookie cap will just be to guarantee base salary of early 1st rounders, and cut out all of the escalators which makes the deal look bigger than what it really is.

joedirt87
Jim Harbaugh would likely go to the 49ers if he went to the NFL, not a team like Carolina. Jimmy Clausen is horrible we know that much, but I don't know if they are ready to completely abandon him and that pathetic batch of draft picks from the 2010 draft.

Masstastic
Why would harbaugh even want to stay at stanford

theyre going to absolutely suck once luck leaves

Because if he returns along with Luck, Stanford will be the preseason #1 or #2 next season.

JMath
12-05-2010, 10:18 PM
you wish

I doubt it. He signed a contract extension through the 2014 season a year ago.

WeWannaChill
12-05-2010, 10:18 PM
luck is not staying

lol

feel free to bump this thread if I'm wrong..I will not be

Masstastic
12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
this.

if he stays at stanford and makes them a powerhouse, he's a legend. if he doesnt, he wasnt supposed to anyways. staying at stanford is a no risk, win/win for him.

Pretty much.

He could always go to the NFL anytime he wanted. If he stayed at Stanford for like 3-5 more years he could elevate their program to a level that they've never seen since probably 60+ years ago.

JMath
12-05-2010, 10:20 PM
this.

lettuce be reality, coaches don't stay at schools just because there isn't a lot of pressure on them. He is going to leave Stanford. It is just a matter of when and where. It may not be this year, but he will leave. He is already saying all of the typical things a coach says before leaving a program.

magicmatt
12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
lettuce be reality, coaches don't stay at schools just because there isn't a lot of pressure on them. He is going to leave Stanford. It is just a matter of when and where. It may not be this year, but he will leave. He is already saying all of the typical things a coach says before leaving a program.

i'm not saying he'll never leave. he just seems like a stand up guy that actually wants to bring the program to the top. who knows though, i could be 100% wrong

HumptyBrah
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Harbaugh wants the NFL

Masstastic
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
lettuce be reality, coaches don't stay at schools just because there isn't a lot of pressure on them. He is going to leave Stanford. It is just a matter of when and where.

http://blog.mlive.com/jim_carty/2007/12/medium_Schiano.JPG.jpg

brb turning down job offers that would make me rich to stay at Rutgers due to 0 pressure

Now after he elevated expectations of their ****ty football program, their new fanbase wants him to make changes or else

magicmatt
12-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Harbaugh wants the NFL

i cant see him going to a ****ty franchise though. i could see vikings. or him taking over the new team that moves to LA, whenever that is

JMath
12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/jim_carty/2007/12/medium_Schiano.JPG.jpg

brb turning down job offers that would make me rich to stay at Rutgers due to 0 pressure

Now after he elevated expectations of their ****ty football program, their new fanbase wants him to make changes or else

Ok, and I raise you just about every other coach in the history of college football.

Masstastic
Harbaugh wants the NFL

Yep.

The Michigan fans who think he wants that job are as delusional as me on Signing Day.

The only guy I can think of right now who is cut out for that job is Jon Gruden.

Masstastic
Ok, and I raise you just about every other coach in the history of college football.

You're right.

JMath
12-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Harbaugh wants the NFL

I hope not, even though I'm sure he does too. I have no doubt that the NFL will come calling, I think some places have interviewed him in the past. I just hope he comes to Michigan and can turn the program around, might not happen... but I'd be happy. I'm sure it would be hard to turn down an NFL head coaching job though.