PDA

View Full Version : I phuckin hate that Steelers...

Ecto88
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
But if you cant give Big Ben props for that game, you are a total phaggot. If I need a score in the final 2 mins of a SB, Brady and Ben are the only guys worth considering.

TAWS6
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
useless thread is useless

Big_Pete1000
12-05-2010, 09:28 PM
But if you cant give Big Ben props for that game, you are a total phaggot. If I need a score in the final 2 mins of a SB, Brady and Ben are the only guys worth considering.

I pick that defense to continue to keep me in games and give me chances from the 20 yard line.

Defense is the only reason steelers are what they are. Srs.

Big7Ben86
12-05-2010, 09:32 PM
I pick that defense to continue to keep me in games and give me chances from the 20 yard line.

you are an

I
D
I
O
T

TNetz
12-05-2010, 09:44 PM
That game was nuts. Many props to Ravan fans. I love watching these two teams play. That last scoring drive was the stuff legends are made of, srs. 20yrs from now people are going to be watching the tapes between the Steelers and the Ravens.

Grizvok
12-05-2010, 09:45 PM
That game was nuts. Many props to Ravan fans. I love watching these two teams play. That last scoring drive was the stuff legends are made of, srs.

I had zero confidence that Redman was making it into the end-zone...still not sure how he got there.

Big7Ben86
12-05-2010, 09:51 PM
I had zero confidence that Redman was making it into the end-zone...still not sure how he got there.

this, i was like o god 4th and goal on the 3 coming up

TNetz
12-05-2010, 09:58 PM

Agreed. Watching it felt like an eternity.

mactasticbrah
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM

Its called horrible tackling......wtf I don't even.....

Basketball716
12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
haters gonna hate

TNetz
12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Its called horrible tackling......wtf I don't even.....

Baltimore seemed to tackle pretty good all night. I think that was his point.

Big_Pete1000
12-05-2010, 10:36 PM
you are an

I
D
I
O
T

Steelers defense is the one that wins their games. You are an idiot.

Defense got the ball back on a fumble. Defense stopped Flacco and Ravens on their last drives and basically all game long while steelers offense could barely score.

Paradidler
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
you are an

I
D
I
O
T

How can you not agree with that? The Steelers offensive is average at best. They would be a sub .500 without that defense.

Big7Ben86
12-05-2010, 10:49 PM

Defense got the ball back on a fumble. Defense stopped Flacco and Ravens on their last drives and basically all game long while steelers offense could barely score.

tonight? yes, but i guarantee the defense wont exactly carry this team to the superbowl without BB doin somethin about it

GPx
12-05-2010, 10:53 PM
tonight? yes, but i guarantee the defense wont exactly carry this team to the superbowl without BB doin somethin about it

No ****.

Regardless, like stated above...without that defense the Steelers are an under .500 team. It's what carries the team to victory, not BR.

its50
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
How can you not agree with that? The Steelers offensive is average at best. They would be a sub .500 without that defense.

No ****.

Regardless, like stated above...without that defense the Steelers are an under .500 team. It's what carries the team to victory, not BR.

Example: last year.

TNetz
12-05-2010, 10:57 PM

I don't understand why people criticize one aspect of a TEAM and expect to take away anything from the victory. Offenses and Defenses win football games. I LOVE the fact that the Steelers have a good defense but the defense didn't put any points on the board tonight.

I surely wouldn't criticize Baltimore for having a great defense. That's why these games are so exciting! The 35-3 blow-out over Oakland wasn't nealy as exciting as this 13-10 Steelers / Ravens game was.

stevedarsh
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
that avoiding the sack/pitch out of bounds by ben was one of the most incredible plays ive seen

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 12:31 AM
3rd string LT
3rd string RT
3rd string OG
rookie center
placekicker doing the punting
2nd string DE
3rd string CB
Ben with a broken foot and a broken nose
Santonio Holmes in New York, a bunch of rookie WRs along with Hines Ward
Heath Miller broke, now our FB is our TE
Open season on head shots to Big Ben

no way the Steelers can win, right?

**** that

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060123pd_fan_believe_fbnPJ_450.jpg

GyM_RaT
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
^
Mike Wallace ain't just some Rookie WR lol
He was killing it last year too. Buy yeah that offense definitely took a hit.

Be_Easy_25
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
that avoiding the sack/pitch out of bounds by ben was one of the most incredible plays ive seen

seemed like suggs slowed down and didnt run through him.
maybe fear of a fine or a flag or something.
helped Ben fight him off until he could turn around and fire it away.

strong run on 2nd and 5 by the ravens.
playbook is wide open.
world is ur oyster.
strong play call....they deserve to have poly knock the ball out.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
^
Mike Wallace ain't just some Rookie WR lol
He was killing it last year too. Buy yeah that offense definitely took a hit.

Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown are rookies, but yes, Mike Wallace is a 2nd year 3rd rounder.

Grizvok
12-06-2010, 12:38 AM
seemed like suggs slowed down and didnt run through him.
maybe fear of a fine or a flag or something.
helped Ben fight him off until he could turn around and fire it away.

strong run on 2nd and 5 by the ravens.
playbook is wide open.
world is ur oyster.
strong play call....they deserve to have poly knock the ball out.

Suggs was just dumb and tried to strip the ball at first instead of wrapping him up quickly. After that he just got his ass handled like a kid.

TrollDattHoe
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
you are an

I
D
I
O
T

you are a

H
O
M
E
R

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 01:00 AM
just rewatched that hit on Heath Miller.

good lord, even Cris Collinsworth was freaking out, but of course, no penalty was called

ridiculous

CarpeD1em500
12-06-2010, 04:47 AM
He was given the ball back inside the red zone by his defense lol. Take it easy OP.

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 06:38 AM

Brb first quarterback to lead a game winning TD drive late in the 4th in the super bowl needing a touchdown to win

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/eli-manning.jpg

BTW people forget, Tom Brady actually failed a comeback attempt on the next drive with the best offense of all time. As for Big Ben, his SB performances have been even worse. Ben Roethlisbergers first SB he was 9/21 123yds 2int, 22 QB rating. Worst QB rating of all time by a winning QB. Second game he was 21/30 1td 1int. You'd be better off having Jim Kelly as your Super Bowl quarterback.

thegenerel
12-06-2010, 06:40 AM

Defense lets Larry Fitz run 80 yards
Ben leads an 80 yard drive to win the SB, hitting one of the greatest passes in NFL history

yup.

Onita
12-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Brb first quarterback to lead a game winning TD drive late in the 4th in the super bowl needing a touchdown to win

BTW people forget, Tom Brady actually failed a comeback attempt on the next drive with the best offense of all time. As for Big Ben, his SB performances have been even worse. Ben Roethlisbergers first SB he was 9/21 123yds 2int, 22 QB rating. Worst QB rating of all time by a winning QB. Second game he was 21/30 1td 1int. You'd be better off having Jim Kelly as your Super Bowl quarterback.

Let's be reality, coming from a Pittspuke hater... I'd take Ben over anyone but Brady in the Superbowl. He was a 2nd year game manager the first SB. The 2nd he went on a game winning drive. He's not a flashy QB who's gonna throw up 300/3td's all day, but he'll win ya games.

TNetz
12-06-2010, 06:57 AM

That's your argument? Baby manning...really? You have to do better than that lol.

rampagefc77
12-06-2010, 07:18 AM
That game was nuts. Many props to Ravan fans. I love watching these two teams play. That last scoring drive was the stuff legends are made of, srs. 20yrs from now people are going to be watching the tapes between the Steelers and the Ravens.

Good win for the steelers, but didnt the last "drive" start on the 10 yard line? Legendary drives usually should start outside of the redzone imo.

ElBonemeister
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
just rewatched that hit on Heath Miller.

good lord, even Cris Collinsworth was freaking out, but of course, no penalty was called

ridiculous
i literally yelled "OH MY GOD" as i cringed while watching that. then when i saw the replay in slow mo i yelled "fuuuuuuuuuuck" as i cringed more

even though i dont care for the steelers, i cant believe that wasnt' a flag.

jesus chris my head/neck hurt after watching that. honestly one of the most brutal shots i've seen this season off the top of my head

rampagefc77
12-06-2010, 07:20 AM
i literally yelled "OH MY GOD" as i cringed while watching that. then when i saw the replay in slow mo i yelled "fuuuuuuuuuuck" as i cringed more

jesus chris my head/neck hurt after watching that. honestly one of the most brutal shots i've seen this season off the top of my head

x2. Ridiculous hit that could have paralyzed the guy. no flag? ...

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
As for Big Ben, his SB performances have been even worse. Ben Roethlisbergers first SB he was 9/21 123yds 2int, 22 QB rating. Worst QB rating of all time by a winning QB. Second game he was 21/30 1td 1int. You'd be better off having Jim Kelly as your Super Bowl quarterback.

wow. strong idiotic statement. Similar yardage to Eli, Eli barely broke 50% completions that game whereas Ben had 70% completion, and his passer rating was higher.

but you're right, Ben definitely sucked that game. :rolleyes:

Defense lets Larry Fitz run 80 yards
Ben leads an 80 yard drive to win the SB, hitting one of the greatest passes in NFL history

yup.

88 yard drive.

Let's be reality, coming from a Pittspuke hater... I'd take Ben over anyone but Brady in the Superbowl. He was a 2nd year game manager the first SB. The 2nd he went on a game winning drive. He's not a flashy QB who's gonna throw up 300/3td's all day, but he'll win ya games.

that's all I care about.

TNetz
12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Good win for the steelers, but didnt the last "drive" start on the 10 yard line? Legendary drives usually should start outside of the redzone imo.

Apparently I took more from that "drive" than most. It was intense to say the least. So yeah, it was a legendary 10 yrd drive in a game with two great defenses where every yard counts.

I did not see us getting into the endzone.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 07:32 AM

x2. Ridiculous hit that could have paralyzed the guy. no flag? ...

Rule #1 - if a Steeler lays the hit, it's a penalty, flag, fine, and threat of suspension
Rule #2 - if a Steeler gets laid out, no flag

The crazy play where Ben pulled away from Suggs should've been 15 yards, Suggs grabbed Ben's helmet. The play where Ngata broke Ben's nose should've been 15 yards, illegal hands to the face of a QB.

However, see above rules regarding Goodell's NFL.

ElBonemeister
12-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Rule #1 - if a Steeler lays the hit, it's a penalty, flag, fine, and threat of suspension
Rule #2 - if a Steeler gets laid out, no flag

The crazy play where Ben pulled away from Suggs should've been 15 yards, Suggs grabbed Ben's helmet. The play where Ngata broke Ben's nose should've been 15 yards, illegal hands to the face of a QB.

However, see above rules regarding Goodell's NFL.
good point about Suggs grabbing the helmet. I noticed that as well and thought that would be a flag. made the play even more impressive. Suggs had 4 fingers dug underneath the side of his helmet for a second or two but quickly realized and pulled out (no homo)

still thought they would have thrown it

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
wow. strong idiotic statement. Similar yardage to Eli, Eli barely broke 50% completions that game whereas Ben had 70% completion, and his passer rating was higher.

but you're right, Ben definitely sucked that game. :rolleyes:

You conveniently ignored the stats from Bens first game.

Ben's career SB stats: 1 td, 3 ints

You're right, I'd definitely want the ball in that guy's hands in the SB! No matter what way you spin it, his SB stats are terrible.

thegenerel
12-06-2010, 08:49 AM

You're right, I'd definitely want the ball in that guy's hands in the SB! No matter what way you spin it, his SB stats are terrible.

we get it, you are a giants fan and like eli. outside of NY/NJ very few would take him over Ben

TNetz
12-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Dude, Eli Manning

Eli Manning

Eli Manning?

Seriously, GTFO

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101206_ben_roethlisberger_guts_out_victory

JTrain306
12-06-2010, 08:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20101206_ben_roethlisberger_guts_out_victory

lol that the link about Big Ben shortens down to "sl...uts out victory"

brb slutting out victories, feels good man

TNetz
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
lol that the link about Big Ben shortens down to "sl...uts out victory"

brb slutting out victories, feels good man

LMAO, yes it does. Fawk.

JTrain306
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
LMAO, yes it does. Fawk.
http://imgur.com/9XYId.jpg

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM

yes. As a 2nd year, 22-year old player, he was terrible in the Super Bowl.

Let's make sure we focus on how he played in the Super Bowl half a decade ago and ignore what he has done recently FTW.

adamsteve14
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Let's make sure we focus on how he played in the Super Bowl half a decade ago and ignore what he has done recently FTW.

He's grasping at straws because the Manning brother with Down's Syndrome can't hold a candle to Big Ben.

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM

This entire thread is devoted to the OP calling Ben the guy he'd want in the Super Bowl. I provided evidence that Ben has thrown a combined 1td and 3 ints in the Super Bowl, and thus is not the guy I would want running my team in the Super Bowl.

But you're right, we should ignore facts and just accept that Ben is a god among men. Bahhh Bahhh sheep

I really don't care about Big Ben or the Steelers as they are not even in my team's conference. In fact I tend to cheer for them when I watch AFC games. But blindly calling Ben the GOAT Super Bowl quarterback is silly and someone on these boards needs to say something to balance out all the homerism

adamsteve14
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
This entire thread is devoted to the OP calling Ben the guy he'd want in the Super Bowl. I provided evidence that Ben has thrown a combined 1td and 3 ints in the Super Bowl, and thus is not the guy I would want running my team in the Super Bowl.

But you're right, we should ignore facts and just accept that Ben is a god among men. Bahhh Bahhh sheep

You must not have watched the 4th quarter of very many Steelers games in recent years. If you did, you will know BB7 is better than everyone except Tom Brady when the game is on the line. Baby Manning isn't even close.

TNetz
12-06-2010, 10:08 AM

I really don't care about Big Ben or the Steelers as they are not even in my team's conference. In fact I tend to cheer for them when I watch AFC games. But blindly calling Ben the GOAT Super Bowl quarterback is silly and someone on these boards needs to say something to balance out all the homerism

On Sundays, do you actually watch the games or do you just download the stat sheets? A 'W' is a 'W' and if you'd have watched Ben work in the 4th you'd see the significance of what he does.

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 10:10 AM
You must not have watched the 4th quarter of very many Steelers games in recent years. If you did, you will know BB7 is better than everyone except Tom Brady when the game is on the line. Baby Manning isn't even close.

Regular Season != Postseason, much less Super Bowl. Just ask Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, or even Peyton Manning for most of his career.

Grizvok
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Regular Season != Postseason, much less Super Bowl. Just ask Donovan McNabb, Dan Marino, or even Peyton Manning for most of his career.

Does Ben have two rings?

Oh that's right he does.

adamsteve14
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM

Ya, fortunately BB7 took the Steelers all the way down the field against the Cards. That Drive>Anything Eli has done in his career. Match that with his comeback wins and you will see who the best quarterback is when the game is on the line. I love how you accuse Steelers fans of blatant homerism and then flap your gums about Eli. Your argument has no legs dude.

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Does Ben have two rings?

Oh that's right he does.

1 td 3 ints in 2 Super Bowls.

go on...

Ya, fortunately BB7 took the Steelers all the way down the field against the Cards. That Drive>Anything Eli has done in his career. Match that with his comeback wins and you will see who the best quarterback is when the game is on the line. I love how you accuse Steelers fans of blatant homerism and then flap your gums about Eli. Your argument has no legs dude.

I posted a picture of Eli and have not talked about him since. This thread's about Big Ben anyway. The stats speak for themselves.

Is this how you watch the NFL?

http://www.polarizedoptics.com/catalog/images/IMG_0463.jpg

Blasphemy
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM

the f*ck. srs.

go on...yeah.... anyway

classic catch to holmes ftw.

adamsteve14
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM

go on...

I posted a picture of Eli and have not talked about him since. This thread's about Big Ben anyway. The stats speak for themselves.

At least I watch the NFL. You clearly haven't watched a Steelers game ever.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 10:25 AM

go on...

out of curiosity, who do you think has the highest postseason passer rating:

Big Ben, Steve Young, or Tom Brady?

Be honest now, is this you?

http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_of_odds/images/2008/08/24/idiot.jpg

NewYorkGiants
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
out of curiosity, who do you think has the highest postseason passer rating:

Big Ben, Steve Young, or Tom Brady?

Be honest now, is this you?

http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_of_odds/images/2008/08/24/idiot.jpg

Again, this thread is about Big Ben in the Super Bowl. My posts actually addressed Big Ben's performances in the Super Bowl, while the posts from Steelers fans have done nothing but sling insults. You clearly have no argument to justify Ben's poor performances, so I'm done in this thread.

kethnaab
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Again, this thread is about Big Ben in the Super Bowl. My posts actually addressed Big Ben's performances in the Super Bowl, while the posts from Steelers fans have done nothing but sling insults. You clearly have no argument to justify Ben's poor performances, so I'm done in this thread.

You demonstrated obvious bias by ignoring how he played in the most recent Super Bowl, and completely obsessing over how he played in his 2nd season in the NFL, over half a decade ago

let's be reality here. You were done before you started.