PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee wants to stay with Rangers

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Lee told teammates that he would return to the Rangers if they offer him a sixth year, sources tell Tim Brown of Yahoo

http://twitter.com/TBrownYahoo/status/11608512668897280

Rangers gotta offer the 6th year, if they don't, **** Chuck Greenberg and Nolan Ryan.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
How does it feel Yankee fans? Cliff Lee wants to stay in Texas. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JTrain306
12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Choked in the World Series / 10

andrew28
12-05-2010, 07:07 PM
How does it feel Yankee fans? Cliff Lee wants to stay in Texas. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

his wife probably talked him into it considering all the heckling she took from yankee fans when they played the rangers. those fans ruined the whole thing for us...(kinda srs)

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
his wife probably talked him into it considering all the heckling she took from yankee fans when they played the rangers

fuu

BigPoppaPump84
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM

this

his wife probably talked him into it considering all the heckling she took from yankee fans when they played the rangers

and this

brb_ballin
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
how bout that World Series

NYSackExchange
12-05-2010, 07:09 PM
inb4 yankees offer 7 years. Goodnight sweet rangers.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
is this your first Fn offseason you've paid attention to baseball?

Players very frequently talk about wanting to stay with the team if there's a chance they may stay there. wtf do you expect him to say? "I can't wait until the Yankees sign me?"

I'm not saying he won't stay in Texas, but I lol @ people paying attention to what players, agents, GMs, and "sources" say about deals happening.

WheyneNewton
12-05-2010, 07:10 PM
strong unawareness of negotiating tactics itt

JM2412
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Inb4 Rangers don't offer the 6th year.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
inb4 yankees offer 7 years. Goodnight sweet rangers.

There is no way Yankees go 7 years.

I assume Lee's camp has gotten a 6 year offer from New York and a 5 year offer from Texas. Lee is saying that if the Rangers match New Yorks offer, he will return.

TheBateman
12-05-2010, 07:13 PM
inb4 barry zito part deux

mcbizkit02
12-05-2010, 07:14 PM
not sure if i want Texas to tie up all their money on one player

BigAl33
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Rangers are going to get it done, they have to.

TexasHeat
inb4 barry zito part deux

You know nothing about sports, stick to ****ing fat women on craigslist for attention on the misc.

TexasHeat
Rangers are going to get it done, they have to.

I agree 100%. Greenberg/Ryan is not gonna wanna set a precedent of not going a 6th year for Lee.

GetBigyo
12-05-2010, 07:19 PM
There is no way Yankees go 7 years.

I assume Lee's camp has gotten a 6 year offer from New York and a 5 year offer from Texas. Lee is saying that if the Rangers match New Yorks offer, he will return.

7 years would be absurd but I think Cashman would.

Look at the rotation if Lee stays with Texas:

CC
Petitte (will prob return)
Hughes
Burnett?
Joba/Mitre/Nova?

Yankees are going to get Lee.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
7 years would be absurd but I think Cashman would.

Look at the rotation if Lee stays with Texas:

CC
Petitte (will prob return)
Hughes
Burnett?
Joba/Mitre/Nova?

Yankees are going to get Lee.

No man, even the Yankees have a limit on getting Cliff Lee. If they didn't, he would have been in New York this past July.

IllegalAbs
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
JOhn Heyman twitter:

Hearing #rangers not planning to go 6 yrs on lee. Hopeful camarederie/proximity pay off. Do expect at least the #yankees to go 6.

Welcome to NY Cliff.

Lee is all about the $$$ if he wasn't then he would have stayed in Philly.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
No man, even the Yankees have a limit on getting Cliff Lee. If they didn't, he would have been in New York this past July.

ummm you DO know there's a difference between trading prospects for a player during a season, and just signing him in the off season, correct?

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:24 PM
JOhn Heyman twitter:

Hearing #rangers not planning to go 6 yrs on lee. Hopeful camarederie/proximity pay off. Do expect at least the #yankees to go 6.

Welcome to NY Cliff.

Lee is all about the $$$ if he wasn't then he would have stayed in Philly.

If the Rangers don't go to 6 years after this report, I will have to hope that Nolan Ryan and Chuck Greenberg rot in hell with Tom Hicks.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:26 PM
If the Rangers don't go to 6 years after this report, I will have to hope that Nolan Ryan and Chuck Greenberg rot in hell with Tom Hicks.

And what'll you do when the Yankees go 7 and offer much more money?

Yankees are gonna get Lee and the Rangers will try to trade for Greinke.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
And what'll you do when the Yankees go 7 and offer much more money?

Yankees are gonna get Lee and the Rangers will try to trade for Greinke.

New York won't go 7 years.

NYSackExchange
12-05-2010, 07:29 PM
u mad NY will offer 6 years with incentives that will pay as much as or more than a 7th year? lmao u irate

Aran
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
meh.
oakland pitching staff > texas with lee
oakland pitching staff > texas without lee.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
meh.
oakland pitching staff > texas with lee
oakland pitching staff > texas without lee.

Noone wants to sign in Oakland, good luck improving that 3 run per game offense.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
New York won't go 7 years.

you know, you're probably right....they'd never do that

http://blog.nj.com/yankees_main/2009/05/large_cc-sabathia527.jpg

NewYorkMets
12-05-2010, 07:33 PM
heat you think the rangers will match any offer the yanks give lee?

TexasHeat

CC was 28 not 33.

Ralph Wiggum

sabbathia was 28.. cliff lee is like 32

lostinthesouthh

went to the world series/10

Why does everyone look at everything so negatively, going to the world series is huge...

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
heat you think the rangers will match any offer the yanks give lee?

I think they will match 6 years if Cliff Lee will sign it. If they don't, this new ownership group is getting off to a terrible start and will lose alot of the fan support they just gained... would be a terrible PR move for the team.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
CC was 28 not 33.

Lee will be 32 going into this season.

If you don't think the Yankees will go one more year to assure they get him, you're delusional.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Lee will be 32 going into this season.

If you don't think the Yankees will go one more year to assure they get him, you're delusional.

They won't trust me. The Yankees have a line as well, and its at 6 years.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
They won't trust me. The Yankees have a line as well, and its at 6 years.

Yes, you're intelligent.

You don't know the difference between trading for a player during the season and just getting him when he's a free agent.

Fine, I will trust you.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Yes, you're intelligent.

You don't know the difference between trading for a player during the season and just getting him when he's a free agent.

Fine, I will trust you.

You're an idiot. Them not including the players Seattle wanted shows that they aren't desperate for Lee like you make them out to be. There is a line they won't cross, even for Cliff Lee.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
You're an idiot. Them not including the players Seattle wanted shows that they aren't desperate for Lee like you make them out to be. There is a line they won't cross, even for Cliff Lee.

You're an idiot.

Not having enough prospects/not having a good enough package for a trade =/= "not having a line"

To the Yankees, it's just money. Money is less important to them then keeping prospects. They can always just throw money at players, as they frequently do. They can't, and don't, trade for top talent.

"having a line" with prospects and "having a line" with FA signings are 2 completely different things, but I don't think you're intelligent enough to understand.

Regardless, they may not have to go 7 years. But they could easily offer $3M per to make their offer about $20M more than the Rangers.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:46 PM
oh, and you're also an idiot for putting stock in anything anyone says during the FA period.

Aran
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
oh, and you're also an idiot for putting stock in anything anyone says during the FA period.

this. if you could than berkman, beltre and iwakuma would all be A's right now.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:50 PM
You're an idiot.

Not having enough prospects/not having a good enough package for a trade =/= "not having a line"

To the Yankees, it's just money. Money is less important to them then keeping prospects. They can always just throw money at players, as they frequently do. They can't, and don't, trade for top talent.

"having a line" with prospects and "having a line" with FA signings are 2 completely different things, but I don't think you're intelligent enough to understand.

Regardless, they may not have to go 7 years. But they could easily offer $3M per to make their offer about $20M more than the Rangers.

They had the prospects and refused to put them in the deal for Lee. It was a pitcher that I can't think of right now.

You = Moron

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:51 PM
this. if you could than berkman, beltre and iwakuma would all be A's right now.

I don't follow you.

All were reports that the A's had offered them deals, and they were all true. Noone wants to play for Oakland though.

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 07:52 PM
They had the prospects and refused to put them in the deal for Lee. It was a pitcher that I can't think of right now.

You = Moron

How simple are you? Prospects =/= money. Many high spending teams would rather just get a player when he's a free agent rather than give up a ton of prospects for them.

Saying "well they didn't want to give up a lot of prospects for a player means they won't oerspend spend on him" is retarded.

Oh, and strong source/memory

NYSackExchange
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM

You = Moron
Strong knowledge of the situation.

http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//NOLANLOL.gif

Ralph Wiggum
12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
just an fyi op..

jayson werth also said he wanted to stay with the phillies..

he totally didnt go for the money..

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Strong knowledge of the situation.

http://www.mocksession.com/30fps//NOLANLOL.gif

Show me a link that shows I'm wrong.

I know for a fact the Yankees refused to put a player in the deal that Seattle wanted.

Ralph Wiggum
12-05-2010, 07:58 PM

I know for a fact the Yankees refused to put a player in the deal that Seattle wanted.

pretty sure they offered their "untouchable" prospect jesus montero..

seattle backed out though..

TexasHeat
just an fyi op..

jayson werth also said he wanted to stay with the phillies..

he totally didnt go for the money..

The Phillies were offering him 4 years 66 million vs 7 years for 126.

The Rangers would be matching New Yorks offer of 6 years.

The two situations are apples and oranges.

PitBillSoxFan

Yes, WE have to prove to YOU that YOU are right about a situation you swear you remember but have no source/knowledge.

In a completely unrelated story, I had a 3some with Eva Parker and Tori Black last night. Prove I didn't.

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
pretty sure they offered their untouchable jesus montero..

seattle backed out though..

Seattle backed out because they had concerns about a player in the deal health wise, and they then asked for a replacemtn pretty sure, and New York refused... So they then went back to Texas and told them if they were close with the Yankees, and if they included Smoak, Lee was a Ranger.

Aran
I don't follow you.

All were reports that the A's had offered them deals, and they were all true.
most of the reports made it a forgone conclusion that berkman would sign with us. and beltre too.

Noone wants to play for Oakland though.

sadly, you're right. we need a new park. it isn't like the A's are lowballing people. in many cases they are offering more years/more money. bud selig needs to get off his ass and give us the go ahead to build in san jose.

PitBillSoxFan
The Phillies were offering him 4 years 66 million vs 7 years for 126.

The Rangers would be matching New Yorks offer of 6 years.

The two situations are apples and oranges.

So? He said he wanted to stay. Obviously he didn't, right?

Cliff Lee apparently said he wants to stay in Texas. However, if another team outbids them (like, say hypothetically the Yankees) he will have a change of heart.

Dum fan is dum

TexasHeat
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM
So? He said he wanted to stay. Obviously he didn't, right?

Cliff Lee apparently said he wants to stay in Texas. However, if another team outbids them (like, say hypothetically the Yankees) he will have a change of heart.

Dum fan is dum

dum

PitBillSoxFan
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
and I think you're wrong about the Lee to NY situation. The Rangers backed out because of another players injury and the Rangers jumped in.

But I suppose it's up to me to find a link for what you are talking about, correct?

PitBillSoxFan
12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=589206903

KingCanuck
12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z270/IK2121/TI.gif

bbacn123
12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vbkcvc.gif