PDA

View Full Version : veggie breakfast?

dBiglift13
01-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Im vegetarian and eat eggs but my time in the morning to make eggs is limited. Recently ive been eating a heaping cereal bowl of oakmeal made with milk and maple syrup. This is good for energy but im hungry an hour later and if i ate eggs with it its way too filling for my morning breakfast. What do u guys suggest i do? Protein shake w/ less oatmeal?

A.J.PT
01-31-2007, 07:02 PM
the reason you are hungary so quick after breakfast is because you dont have enough protein/fat in your breakfast- only carbs. Now- the reason is because the maple sugar have a very high GI index and will create a large insulin spike and be digested rapidly..making you hungary sooner. If you were to omit the maple sugar and add some egg whites or some sort of protein i bet your calories would stay the same but you would feel satisfied longer....

ZDub212
01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Im vegetarian and eat eggs but my time in the morning to make eggs is limited. Recently ive been eating a heaping cereal bowl of oakmeal made with milk and maple syrup. This is good for energy but im hungry an hour later and if i ate eggs with it its way too filling for my morning breakfast. What do u guys suggest i do? Protein shake w/ less oatmeal?

Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, and should absolutely be the MOST filling. Maybe cut down on the maple syrup a little (As sugar makes you hungry again QUICKLY) and get your eggs in.

webster7
01-31-2007, 07:22 PM
add a tablespoon of peanut butter to ur breakfast
slows down digestion

dBiglift13
02-01-2007, 12:21 PM
my maple syrup i mean like
a very little for falvor to the oatmeal
but thanks for all the comments

armsdealer
02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
I put peanut butter in my oatmeal sometimes for a little different flavor