PDA

View Full Version : Chargers been bought??

kappakai
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Just heard on 1090. Supposedly a deal has been struck or closed for 35% of the Chargers to be bought by Dan Anshutz(sp?). First step in moving them to LA. After which point they'll move right back to SD.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/breaking_anschutz_to_purchase_piece_of_chargers/3704741

Killer Wolf
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Sounds good to me.

cbad7676
11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
what the f*ck? no no no.

last i heard they were selling a SHARE of the team which was 5% if i remember right

kappakai
11-30-2010, 10:00 PM
what the f*ck? no no no.

last i heard they were selling a SHARE of the team which was 5% if i remember right

Hopefully this lights a fire under sd's ass to build a new stadium. Gonna be hard to compete with AEGs proposal for a new stadium right by staples, especially in the shadow of a revitalized downtown. That said. Who in LA wants a football team? Then again those first few blackouts in SD don't help it's case.

The_Source
11-30-2010, 10:14 PM
brb mobile miscing

this scared the **** outta me. Thought it said the Chargers already moved lol

Possible, but I doubt anything's gonna happen. There are also numerous articles rumoring the Vikings moving to LA

Not worried at all for now..

Ochosiete
11-30-2010, 10:53 PM
i like at what artest said, "well trade the clippers for the chargers"...

i say bring them to l.a.

cbad7676
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/morning-report/article_fcd3d430-fcfb-11df-ad67-001cc4c03286.html

kappakai
12-01-2010, 02:00 PM
brb mobile miscing

this scared the **** outta me. Thought it said the Chargers already moved lol

Possible, but I doubt anything's gonna happen. There are also numerous articles rumoring the Vikings moving to LA

Not worried at all for now..

Things will move fast. This deal was signed overnight. You dont do things in the middle of the night unless something big is gonna happen. Not to mention Magic Johnson was on Jimmy Kimmel last night talking about the AEG project by Staples. No way he'd be talking about that unless something was solid. And I think penning that deal was that something solid.

I hate to say it but this has a better chance of happening than no. Old man Spanos dying may have been what allowed everything to move.

bally18
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Nothings been confirmed by the Spanos', I heard they were just willing to sell a small minority share around 5% for something to do with tidying up their financials for their estate. San Diego could still get a new stadium, and then we can all go back to talking to about jacksonville or minnesota moving to LA.

kappakai
12-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Nothings been confirmed by the Spanos', I heard they were just willing to sell a small minority share around 5% for something to do with tidying up their financials for their estate. San Diego could still get a new stadium, and then we can all go back to talking to about jacksonville or minnesota moving to LA.

That's what I heard as well, right after Dean Spanos died. This 35% number was news to me. If it really is confirmed you can pretty much kiss the Charers goodbye. Dan Anschutz owns part of the Lakers, Kings, Staples Center and AEG which is the company with the downtown complex proposal. Large forces at work. And no way would theybring a losing team like Jax or a team in disarray like the Vikings here. Although wouldn't be the first time a team from Minnesota came to LA.

San Diego can't seem to get any of it's stadium proposals funded by the city and none of it's owners seem interested in footing the bill. Just not enough public or private support to keep the team there.

Just keep your ears open.

JaxBrah
12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Move the bills or jaguars first. San diego seems to have a solid fanbase, or is that wrong

Hoop_Dreams
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Move the bills or jaguars first. San diego seems to have a solid fanbase, or is that wrong

Solid fanbase in a shytty economy.

If they build a new stadium in SD, ticket prices will be even higher.. there will still be empty seats either way.

I wish we had a basketball team in SD, but no one cares enough about b-ball down here.

kappakai
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM

If they build a new stadium in SD, ticket prices will be even higher.. there will still be empty seats either way.

I wish we had a basketball team in SD, but no one cares enough about b-ball down here.

San Diego doesn't care about sports period. Go see a game at Dodger Stadium South. Only stadium in the world where the crowd will cheer if the game ends top of the ninth inning

AJbuilder
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
San Diego doesn't care about sports period. Go see a game at Dodger Stadium South. Only stadium in the world where the crowd will cheer if the game ends top of the ninth inning

What does San Diego care about? Overinflating its housing prices?

kappakai
12-01-2010, 03:46 PM
What does San Diego care about? Overinflating its housing prices?

Sheeit. Up 15%!

cbad7676
12-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Theres a few die hards but a TON of inbetweeners and bandwagoners.

Padres game at Dodger stadium. gotten into fights and ridiculed the second we step out of the car. but we still proudly rep SD.

NFL4SanAntonio
12-01-2010, 07:22 PM
MAN, L.A. doesnt deserve a team!
Theyve had 2 & showed they couldnt keep'em, give another city a shot!

AriGhold
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
i keep reading this title as charges been brought
and i'm wondering against who?