PDA

View Full Version : Allergic to Poultry

Shogun383
11-29-2010, 11:51 AM
I am allergic to poultry so i don't get the benefits of eating chicken or turkey. I have cut my body fat down to around 12% and can't seem to get the rest off (midsection and lovehandles). One of my goals is to get down to 9% body fat and i can't seem to get past where i am at. Does anyone have any tips or healthy recipes i could use to help that doesn't include poultry?

WonderPug
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Reducing body fat does not require the consumption of fowl. I don't understand how you came to the conclusion it was a requisite.

Anyway, the important thing is to maintain a caloric deficit of about 500 calories per day while insuring that you're eating at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein and at least 0.4 to 0.5 grams of fat per day, with the remaining calories selected by personal preference.

ven33
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Reducing body fat does not require the consumption of fowl. I don't understand how you came to the conclusion it was a requisite.

Anyway, the important thing is to maintain a caloric deficit of about 500 calories per day while insuring that you're eating at least 1 to 1.5 grams of protein and at least 0.4 to 0.5 grams of fat per day, with the remaining calories selected by personal preference.

This.

Shogun383
11-29-2010, 12:37 PM
i did not say that poultry was a requisite. I stated that i was allergic to it... and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or recipes that didn't include it. Nowhere did i say that i needed it to loose bodyfat or heard that it is what i needed.

ven33
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
i did not say that poultry was a requisite. I stated that i was allergic to it... and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or recipes that didn't include it. Nowhere did i say that i needed it to loose bodyfat or heard that it is what i needed.

Search for recipes.

To lose the rest of the fat, up your cardio, drop some cals, and keep pushing.

desslok
11-29-2010, 01:07 PM
and i was wondering if anyone had any tips or recipes that didn't include it.

I personally don't eat much chicken at all. I eat steak, ground beef, and fish more often. Pick something you like as far as meat, then go to allrecipes.com and search for recipes that contain that meat, and even some other ingredients as well, you can also search for recipes for example that contain ground beef and potatoes, but does NOT contain <insert your least favorite food here>. For fish I use costco frozen mahi mahi fillets a lot.

paulgnc24
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
I am allergic to poultry so i don't get the benefits of eating chicken or turkey.

well that sucks

charlie335
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
if i couldnt eat chicken i would just eat more steak

rmcdcfc88
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Steak is your friend. There are many like it but this one is yours. Without steak you are nothing, without you steak is nothing.

Moral of this story: EAT STEAK!! :D