PDA

View Full Version : Winter and Metabolism

KevJr88
11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
So as a general rule in order to cut weight I've been told not to eat after around eight. Well in the winter the sun goes down earlier, and I know chemically your body starts doing things like producing melatonin and other bio-chemical processes like that.

So I was wondering if during the winter you should stop eating earlier or if maybe your metabolism starts slowing down earlier, or if eight is still a good cut off point.

freebirdmac
11-28-2010, 03:07 PM
There is no witching hour on food or carbs. Year around :)

JValjean724
11-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Well first of all there is no reason to not eat after 8 pm, that's just an old "weight loss for dummies" tip because people tend to eat a lot of nightime snacks without thinking about it.

And secondly, if anything your metabolism increases in the winter because it has to work harder to keep your body warm. I don't know the extent of this effect or if it's even relevant however.

MikeK46
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
So as a general rule in order to cut weight I've been told not to eat after around eight.

are you a fan of fairy tales?

http://i48.tinypic.com/33jjzfa.jpg

KevJr88
11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Hell it worked last time I cut for my match. Didn't eat after 8 and lost 5 pounds in a week. I just do what works.

freebirdmac
11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Hell it worked last time I cut for my match. Didn't eat after 8 and lost 5 pounds in a week. I just do what works.

As said above, if it helps you cut back on night time snacking then pick a cut off time. Just realize it's nothing more than cals in versus cals out rather than some magical witching hour.

joelash302
11-28-2010, 05:47 PM

You lost weight because you ate less. It isn't the when, it's the what.

AlwaysTryin
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
You lost weight because you ate less. It isn't the when, it's the what.

This

If you don't want to eat after 8 that's fine, but you didn't lose weight because of not eating after a certain time