PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Panthers... 2011 Draft?

playLOVEGUNboy
11-28-2010, 10:04 AM
So, me and my friends were discussing football in the car. Me being a panther fan, I braught up the next draft and I came up with this crazy idea. In my opinion, panthers will get first pick. They are clearly the worst team and it looks like it could on get worse. So, my idea is that Cam Newton will win the Heisman... get out of the NCAA and Panthers get him first pick? My other scenarios is that we get AJ Green and Steve smith becomes a number 2 receiver like he wanted. 3 scenerio is that we get a DE and basically start like we did from 2001 with a julius peppers type player.

TheStack
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Do you really think that Cam Newton would go ahead of Andrew Luck?

chlaxman
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
It will depend on the coach they hire and how Clauson plays going into the end of the year. A new coach may want to draft Luck (Newton will not be the first QB selected and is he draft-eligable?). Otherwise we need a DE and WR (although Gettis has been good).

82ndSergeant
11-28-2010, 10:33 AM
most mock drafts have Luck to Carolina @ #1 overall

SwagMorris
11-28-2010, 11:37 AM
We take Luck, and hopefully a receiver in the second, and a DE in the 3rd.

Shangius
11-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Luck or Mallett

Hoop_Dreams
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
LOL if the Panthers select a WR with their first pick. And did Smith really say he wants to be a #2? I can't see him saying something like that.

chlaxman
11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
LOL if the Panthers select a WR with their first pick. And did Smith really say he wants to be a #2? I can't see him saying something like that.

Smith wants some talent across the field from him. At this point teams can use double coverage, etc. to prevent him to from getting the ball.

Hoop_Dreams
11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Smith wants some talent across the field from him. At this point teams can use double coverage, etc. to prevent him to from getting the ball.

Oh yeah I don't doubt that he wants someone that can open things up for him. Steve's one of my favorite wr's, it sucks that he hasn't been relevant this year because of the situation he's in. I just thought the "I want to be a #2" comment sounded odd.

Jacket60
Lol. They are taking Andrew Luck.

chlaxman
Oh yeah I don't doubt that he wants someone that can open things up for him. Steve's one of my favorite wr's, it sucks that he hasn't been relevant this year because of the situation he's in. I just thought the "I want to be a #2" comment sounded odd.

Smith is an odd guy

TheRejuvenated
11-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Lolz "im a panthers fan so I'm already thinking draft"

Anyway, is Cam Newton eligible for the Draft or does he have another year yet? I was wondering this before, and he's moved around and had such a weird history I didn't realize his eligibility, and nobody seems to bring him up as a top QB (always Locker[who sucks] and Luck).

chlaxman
11-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Anyway, is Cam Newton eligible for the Draft or does he have another year yet? I was wondering this before, and he's moved around and had such a weird history I didn't realize his eligibility, and nobody seems to bring him up as a top QB (always Locker[who sucks] and Luck).

I'm wondering the same thing. Think he has another year before he can enter.

SwagMorris
11-28-2010, 11:53 AM

No one brings up Locker anymore. I don't want Newton either. Not an NFL qb.

BeanieWells
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Don't the Pats have the Panthers 2nd round pick?

and lol @ the Panthers stacking WRs with no QB. It doesn't work without a QB. see: Arizona.

Hoop_Dreams
11-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Newton would be eligible.

I'm pretty sure the rule is 2 years of college before you enter the draft. Doesn't matter if it's uni or JC.

floppyflaps
11-28-2010, 12:06 PM
They should pick Luck, pick up some WRs in free agency and whatever scrap piles they can find them. I bet they would be a 8-8 kinda team with those changes.

roko79
11-28-2010, 12:07 PM
AJ Green

ko5567
11-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Newton would be eligible.

I'm pretty sure the rule is 2 years of college before you enter the draft. Doesn't matter if it's uni or JC.

it's 3

but newton is eligible

he redshirted @ uf in 07
was like 3rd string in 08
moved to blinn in 09
and at auburn this year

iamgenus
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
They should draft Cam!

....let Andrew Luck go to the niners.