---------------------------------------------

Rice ( 200g ) 60 carb 6 protein
ON Whey 50 Protein

Almonds ( 50g ) 9 Carb 9 protein 24 Fat

2 Slices of Wholemeal bread 19 carb 5 protein
Cheese Spread 1 carb 4 protein
Protein Foods ( chicken / Beef / Steak ..etc)

Shredded Wheat 33 Carb 9 protein
Milk 8 Protein

Mass Gainer 96 carb 50 protein 38fat

Total : 293 carb / 225 Protein / 3194 Calories

I know there is alot of shakes but apart from that should be fine for a bulk?

Cheers

Kenshinhimora
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
needs moar fat

0.4 grams of fat per pound of body mass

jasonpugz
11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
needs moar fat

Thanks for your reply what can i include to get more fat?

cheers

Alwaysdeadlift
11-22-2010, 08:36 PM
needs moar fat

I don't think he included all the fat when typing, but a quick calculation yields about 122g of fat in his diet.

122g of fat > (200)(0.4)= 80g of fat.

jasonpugz
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think he included all the fat when typing, but a quick calculation yields about 122g of fat in his diet.

So diet is looking good?

hrdgain3r89
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
I personally think this is a half-assed diet my man.

First off, it must be stressed that thats simply too much protein powder, and although its already been adressed i must say you should aim to get more whole food especially for a bulk you want the majority of your daily calories to be nutrient rich to aid in growth. More chicken, tuna, turkey, lean beef, eggs, egg whites, and milk are a few ideas to incorporate, as well as healthy carb sources such as whole grain pastas/breads/oatmeal/(alraedy see you are including rice...but the biggest concern. would be your fat intake, which im only seeing in your almonds which is scarce. You should try to consume at least 0.5 or 1/2 gram per lb of bodyweight. For instance, the 200 lb bodybuilder would need about 100 grams of fat, which should come from nuts, natural peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, fatty/unfatty fish, flax seeds/oils, etc....i suggest for a bulk aiming to consume more carbs than protein, so take away a bit of protein cals seeing as youre way above the requirement anyhow, and add more carbs and much more fat cals....after that you should be good...

jasonpugz
11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I personally think this is a half-assed diet my man.

First off, it must be stressed that thats simply too much protein powder, and although its already been adressed i must say you should aim to get more whole food especially for a bulk you want the majority of your daily calories to be nutrient rich to aid in growth. More chicken, tuna, turkey, lean beef, eggs, egg whites, and milk are a few ideas to incorporate, as well as healthy carb sources such as whole grain pastas/breads/oatmeal/(alraedy see you are including rice...but the biggest concern. would be your fat intake, which im only seeing in your almonds which is scarce. You should try to consume at least 0.5 or 1/2 gram per lb of bodyweight. For instance, the 200 lb bodybuilder would need about 100 grams of fat, which should come from nuts, natural peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, fatty/unfatty fish, flax seeds/oils, etc....i suggest for a bulk aiming to consume more carbs than protein, so take away a bit of protein cals seeing as youre way above the requirement anyhow, and add more carbs and much more fat cals....after that you should be good...

Ok cheers you say '.i suggest for a bulk aiming to consume more carbs than protein' im consuming just under 300g of Carbs and 225g protein :S

hrdgain3r89
11-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Ok cheers you say '.i suggest for a bulk aiming to consume more carbs than protein' im consuming just under 300g of Carbs and 225g protein :S

my fault man i was just stating that as my opinion on what works best in a bulk if it sounded like i thought you had too much protein for your carbs sorry...pro/cho macros look ok i basically meant you could afford to swap a few protien cals for carbs if need be...

Kenshinhimora
11-22-2010, 11:24 PM

mm all i saw was 24 fat from almonds so i jumped the gun on that i guess

AlwaysTryin
11-22-2010, 11:33 PM

I still don't see the 122g in there?? Can you expand where you got it from :)

Alwaysdeadlift
11-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I still don't see the 122g in there?? Can you expand where you got it from :)

Honestly, I dont really see it in there too, but just figured he gathered his total calories from nutrition labels. He didn't really include any size concerning his "protein foods" for dinner, nor the milk, but did say he eats beef and steak, so I assumed the missing fats and calories were from those. That with ~ 10g of fat from all the protein supplements, ~8g of fat from the bread, etc? The information provided was not complete.

To type such a specific calorie total of 3194 calories, I thought the number had to come from something.

Thus, (293+224)4= 2072,
3194-2072= 1122/9 ~ 125g of fat

AlwaysTryin
11-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Still wouldn't be 122 but?? Unless he is having 1.5kg+ of meat a day? His carb sources would have limited fat if any

Alwaysdeadlift
11-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Still wouldn't be 122 but?? Unless he is having 1.5kg+ of meat a day? His carb sources would have limited fat if any

I just noticed his "total" is wrong. For example, I just added up the protein and he is already over his 225g w/o even including any of his "protein foods." Your right, I quickly skimmed and looked at the "totals" w/ the most priority. The fats are most likely low.

AlwaysTryin
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I just noticed his "total" is wrong. For example, I just added up the protein and he is already over his 225g w/o even including any of his "protein foods." Your right, I quickly skimmed and looked at the "totals" w/ the most priority. The fats are most likely low.

Don't get why we bother helping OP's when they don't even give correct info :)

MarkVI
11-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Don't get why we bother helping OP's when they don't even give correct info :)

No offense bro but you don't help anyone in the nutrition section, you just bad mouth people who post annoying threads instead of ignoring most of them like most of us and then choosing a couple to have fun with......again not trying to be a dick

AlwaysTryin
11-23-2010, 12:47 AM
No offense bro but you don't help anyone in the nutrition section, you just bad mouth people who post annoying threads instead of ignoring most of them like most of us and then choosing a couple to have fun with......again not trying to be a dick

Lol I'm just mucking around, but in all seriousness if people want an answer they should post correct info to start with ;-)

MarkVI
11-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Lol I'm just mucking around, but in all seriousness if people want an answer they should post correct info to start with ;-)

Yeah I guess you're right....It's definitely a different story if you're having fun. I'm also edgey....mini cut FML!

AlwaysTryin
11-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Np

I always help people ho actually search or put the effort in to attempt to. Would yourather I not be smart to people who don't? :)

MarkVI
11-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Np

I always help people ho actually search or put the effort in to attempt to. Would yourather I not be smart to people who don't? :)

No, blast em to your hearts content -- I'm over it, I made some oatmeal and now I'm happy again lol

jasonpugz
11-23-2010, 03:14 AM
So your saying i can lower the protein maybe down to lets say 200? and maybe include a few tbsp of PB or something ?

How much Fat should i be aiming for?

P.s

Size for milk would be 1 or 2 glasses of milk
Size of protein meal would be 2 chicken breasts or two pieces of steak

hrdgain3r89
11-23-2010, 04:20 AM
So your saying i can lower the protein maybe down to lets say 200? and maybe include a few tbsp of PB or something ?

How much Fat should i be aiming for?

P.s

Size for milk would be 1 or 2 glasses of milk
Size of protein meal would be 2 chicken breasts or two pieces of steak

meal timing doesnt matter really, but for staying consistent with your macros i would aim to split your daily calories up into however many meals you usually eat in a day...for instance your current macros now should be something like this:

3100 cals
210g protein
320 carbs
98 fat

say you eat 5 meals a day. split evenly that equals out to about 620 calories per meal, 42g protein, 64g carbs, and 19-20g fat

as i said above, aim for 0.5 grams of fat per lb. of bodyweight, but i guesstimated here and just filled in the rest of your calorie needs with fat, which can come from natural peanut butter, yes, but you should incorporate moer variety into your healthy fats. Fatty fish, avocados, olive oil, and nuts to name a few. I suggest searching a few of your questions as theres already lots of helpful threads already assessed with helpful answers in them.

jasonpugz
12-02-2010, 04:06 PM
What changes would you do to the diet?

Cheers

kylegettingoff
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
yea bro to much protein powder add some lean meat for your protein source and add some more complex carbs like potatoes rice pasta also veggie really important