PDA

View Full Version : **The official Brady Manning debate thread**

Joe145
11-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I'll start from the beginning.
Manning(1998)[Team Record 3-13]
56.7% Comp, 26 TDs, 28 Int. 71.2 QB rating
Leading Receiver- Marshall Faulk 86 Rec., Marvin Harrison 59 Rec.
Brady(2001)[Team Record 11-3]
63.9% Comp, 18 TDs, 12 Int, 86.5 QB rating
Leading receiver- Branch 101 Rec.
Fast Forward
Manning(2004)[Team Record 12-4]
67.6% Comp, 49 TDs, 10 Int., 121.1 Rating
Key Receivers- Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edgerrin James, Dallas Clark
Brady(2007)[Team Record 16-0]
68.9% Comp, 50 TDs, 8 Int, 117.2 QB Rating.
Key Receivers- Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, Kevin Faulk, Ben Watson.
No, I'm not bringing up playoffs, or career stats. All cylinders point toward Brady>Manning. Mannings had 5 HoFs to pass to over the years, Faulk, Harrison, Wayne, James, Clark. Brady? He's had one for 3 years. Check the first season of each? Whose better, Brady, check the best season of each, whose better, Brady(Despite QB rating). Oh yeah 3 SBs>1 SB, and Brady is 5-3 v. Manning.

It's an easy choice.

Tes45
11-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Seriously **** off, this **** is just as annoying as the Kobe vs Lebron nonsense.

DatDereCe11Tech
11-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Seriously **** off, this **** is just as annoying as the Kobe vs Lebron nonsense.

u furious bro?

Joe145
11-21-2010, 09:47 AM

Ya, he furious.

iloverat
11-21-2010, 09:49 AM
regular season manning..post season :brady...superbowls> MVP's..manning is a choker http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00_playoffs.htm check out his losses..maybe 1 could be blamed on the defence

Joe145
11-21-2010, 09:55 AM
regular season manning..post season :brady...superbowls> MVP's..manning is a choker http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00_playoffs.htm check out his losses..maybe 1 could be blamed on the defence

Regular Season
Brady=Manning
Post Season
Brady>Manning
Super Bowl
Brady>Manning

iloverat
11-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Regular Season
Brady=Manning
Post Season
Brady>Manning
Super Bowl
Brady>Manning

meh i think peyton has had more stellar regular seasons, hes good when theres no pressure and against scrub defenses

CCAurora
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Regular Season
Brady=Manning
Post Season
Brady>Manning
Super Bowl
Brady>Manning

Brady had some great defenses in all his Super Bowl wins. Peyton got a ring the ONE year his defense has his back.

Oh, and:

http://ihavenet.com/images/Strahan-Umenyiora-Brady-Sack-Super-Bowl-XLII.jpg

TAWS6
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Brady is better cause he uses the shake weight

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/ecko979/sp_1414_clip10.jpg

LostOne287
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Vick>>>Brady and Manning

Joe145
11-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Brady had some great defenses in all his Super Bowl wins. Peyton got a ring the ONE year his defense has his back.

Oh, and:

You mad the Patriots would have won a fair game... That the ****ing commissioner didn't show up wearing Giants clothes...

Big7Ben86
11-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Vick>>>Brady and Manning

lol

You mad the Patriots would have won a fair game... That the ****ing commissioner didn't show up wearing Giants clothes...

lol

in b4 this thread turns to ****

CCAurora
11-21-2010, 11:10 AM

Fair like this? brb running off the last two seconds for dramatic effect.

eawwO1moIIE

LOWTESTOSTERONE
11-22-2010, 10:57 AM
In one of the most anticipated games of the season, Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts squared off against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots in Foxboro Sunday afternoon. It was the 12th time the two Hall of Fame quarterbacks met, and again Tom Brady walked away with the victory.

Following a penalty on the opening kickoff, the Colts began the game with the ball on their own 11. Five minutes into the drive, Peyton Manning threw an interception to safety Brandon Meriweather.

The Patriots capitalized on the error and scored two minutes later on a 22-yard pass to Wes Welker.

On their ensuing possession, the Colts managed a first down, but were later forced to punt. The Patriots held the ball for the remaining six minutes of the first quarter and scored again shortly into the second, when Brady connected with tight end Aaron Hernandez for an eight-yard TD.

The Colts got on the board in their following drive when Manning marched the Colts 69 yards for the score, a one-yard pass to tight end Gijon Robinson.

Indianapolis kicked off to the Patriots, who began their next series from their own 35. Three pass plays from Brady to Gronkowski, Branch, and Woodhead and four running plays culminated in another touchdown for the Pats when BenJarvus Green-Ellis took it in from six yards out.

Tom Brady Leads Patriots to Victory Over Colts
Jim Rogash/Getty Images
Not to be outdone, Manning completed seven passes in the next three and a half minutes, leading the Colts to another touchdown, an 11-yard pass to Reggie Wayne. They would go into the locker room down just seven, 21-14.

Neither team scored on their opening possession of the second half. But with six minutes left in the third quarter, the Patriots struck again when Danny Woodhead broke free for a 36-yard touchdown run.

The Colts barely had the ball on their next drive, Manning coughing up another interception, when he threw it to Patriot cornerback Devin McCourty on their second play.

The Patriots made the Colts pay for their mistake again, adding a Shayne Graham field goal at the end of their next offensive series. The three points would be the difference as a late charge led by Peyton Manning fell short.

Two touchdowns from Manning to Blair White with eight and five minutes left in the game were not enough, as the Patriots held off the Colts' final drive with two and a half minutes to go. Manning took the ball 50 yards on eight plays, but was thwarted by his third interception of the gameóto safety James Sandersówith 37 seconds left.

The Patriots won 31-28 and go to 8-2, tied with the Jets for best record in the AFC, while the Colts slide to 6-4, tiedóbelieve it or notówith the Jacksonville Jaguars for the best record in the AFC South.

Who is the better quarterback?

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Submit Vote vote to see results

Overtime

In the 12 times they have met, including three in the postseason, Brady and the Patriots have defeated Manning and the Colts two-thirds of the time (eight games). More recently, though, Manning has taken the win four of the last six times.

Here is the breakdown on all the Brady-Manning matchups:

1. Sep 30, 2001 - First Meeting

Colts 13 - Patriots 44. In the third game of Tom Brady's career, he notched his first win in a Patriot pounding. Both Brady and Manning threw for under 200 yards. Brady had no touchdowns, but the Pats scored three on the ground while Manning threw and ran for a TD.

Brady 1 - Manning 0

2. Oct 21, 2001

Patriots 38 - Colts 17. 2001 was the last season the Patriots and Colts were in the same division, so they met for a second time that year, just three weeks later, in Indianapolis. Again, New England would take home a convincing win. This time Brady threw for 200 yards and three TDs while Manning threw for 335 and one. The Colts failed to make the playoffs in 2001, while the Patriots would go on to win the Super Bowl against the St. Louis Rams.

Nov 30, 2003
Andy Lyons/Getty Images
Brady 2 - Manning 0

3. Nov 30, 2003

Patriots 38 - Colts 34. The two teams did not meet in 2002. They resumed their budding rivalry in the 12th game of the 2003 season, both entering with a record of 9-2. Manning threw four touchdowns, but it wasn't enough, as Brady threw for two and the Pats ran two in.

Brady 3 - Manning 0

4. Jan 18, 2004 (playoffs)

Colts 14 - Patriots 24. They met again that season in the AFC Championship Game. Both Manning and Brady threw for 237 yards, but Manning had four interceptions. The Patriots would win the Super Bowl again in 2003, defeating the Carolina Panthers.

Brady 4 - Manning 0

5. Sep 9, 2004

Colts 24 - Patriots 27. They faced off in the Thursday night season opener in 2004. Manning could not keep up with the stellar Brady, who threw for 335 and 3 TDs.

Brady 5 - Manning 0

Brady Owns the Career Matchup Against Manning: 8-4...
Jim Rogash/Getty Images

6. Jan 16, 2005 (playoffs)

Colts 3 - Patriots 20. They met in the playoffs for the second year in a row, and for the second time Brady and the Patriots advanced and Manning and the Colts went home. Brady ran and threw for a touchdown, while the New England defense held Manning at bay. Again, the Pats won the Super Bowl that year, this time against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Brady 6 - Manning 0

7. Nov 7, 2005

Colts 40 - Patriots 21. Finally, six games after their first meeting, Manning's Colts defeat Brady's Patriots for the first time, and in the hostile confines of Gillette Stadium. Both quarterbacks recorded three touchdowns, but the difference was in the running game, where the Colts recorded two more.

Brady 6 - Manning 1

8. Nov 5, 2006

Colts 27 - Patriots 20. Manning takes his second in a row from Brady and the Pats, again on the road. It was Peyton's day as he threw for over 300 yards while Tom gave away four interceptions.

Brady 6 - Manning 2

...But Manning Has Won 4 of the Last 6
Elsa/Getty Images

9. Jan 21, 2007 (playoffs)

Patriots 34 - Colts 38. Manning and the Colts savor playoff redemption against their nemesis the New England Patriots, as this time, it's the Colts who win the AFC Championship Game. The Colts scored 17 points in the fourth quarter for the comeback win. They would go on to win the Super Bowl against the Chicago Bears.

Brady 6 - Manning 3

10. Nov 4, 2007

Patriots 24 - Colts 20. In 2007, the Patriots won this and all of their other regular season games. Brady was solid enough with three touchdowns and two interceptions. Manning threw and ran for a score, but the Colts fell short. The Patriots would eventually lose their first game of the season in the Super Bowl, to the New York Giants.

Brady 7 - Manning 3

11. Nov 15, 2009

Patriots 34 - Colts 35. Brady was hurt for nearly all of 2008, so the two quarterbacks did not meet (note - the Colts defeated Matt Cassel and the Pats 18-15 in '08), but they made up for it in this matchup, arguably their most exciting regular season meeting. Brady went for 375 and three TDs, while Manning outdid him with 327 and four.

The Colts came from behind, scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter. They were aided by Patriot coach Bill Belichick's decision to try and run out the clock by going for it on 4th-and-2. The conversion failed and Manning marched the Colts down the field with under two minutes to go, finishing the game with a touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne.

Nov 15, 2009
Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Brady 7 - Manning 4

12. Nov 21, 2010

Colts 28 - Patriots 31. Manning's 400 yards and two 4th quarter touchdowns were not enough to defeat the Patriots. Brady managed a solid game, going 19 for 25 with two TDs, while Manning sealed the Colts' fate with three critical interceptions. The Pats scored two on the ground as well, notching another win against the Colts.

Brady 8 - Manning 4

Antonio519
11-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Aaron Rrodgers > Brady/Manning

LOWTESTOSTERONE
11-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Aaron Rrodgers > Brady/Manning

stfu and gtfo

Antonio519
11-22-2010, 11:20 AM
stfu and gtfo

I'm serious man, he should be added to the title

I'm a bears fan and I hate the packers so I'm not even trollin'

...but rodgers is probably on the level of brady and manning

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM

yeah hes got as many superbowl rings as me

Antonio519
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
yeah hes got as many superbowl rings as me

He should have 1 by feb..

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 11:28 AM
He should have 1 by feb..

Brady "should" have 4 by then. just sayin.

Antonio519
11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Brady "should" have 4 by then. just sayin.

Eh, that could happen too, like I said earlier...I expect a packers/pats sb

SpiderSense
11-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Honestly I'm tired of this ****.

Peyton has proved over and over he doesn't deserve to be mentioned with Brady.

JTrain306
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM

this

there is no debate

Jon85
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Tom brady>ben rothlisberger>kurt warner>peyton manning

Joe145
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM

This is what I'm trying to prove. Yet, people think Mannings a God. I prove them wrong. Brb 21 less reps after 2 days.

captain_marvel
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I though just last year Brady was out of this question and it was Brees vs. Manning?

Now we are back to normal? What happened.

vudoodoodoo
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Been listening to this crap all week and every other NE vs IND week. Tired of hearing the same crap.

kethnaab
11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
in b4 this thread turns to ****

this thread was $hit the moment it was posted.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM

NFL HOF QB's choose Manning over Brady. NFL network chooses Manning over Brady. The only people choosing Brady over Manning are "experts" on bb.com

/End thread

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Regular Season
Brady=Manning

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/meh.ro5776.jpg

Fabs23
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
What a great idea, a thread about who is the better QB. We can compare career stats and superbowl rings. Then we can compare the talent they played with. I am so happy someone thought of this.

Jim Harbaugh could teach both those schmucks how to QB like a baller. (NOT SRS)

Thread is crap, need to have a laugh.

rumpsicle
11-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Tom Brady >>>>>

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM
NFL HOF QB's choose Manning over Brady. NFL network chooses Manning over Brady. The only people choosing Brady over Manning are "experts" on bb.com

/End thread

According to the nfl network manning and favre are godlike. They are just mad Brady has more rings that both of them.

kethnaab
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM

/End thread

playoff opponents choose Manning over Brady.

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Lets be real. The NFL does NOT like Tom Brady and BB. Manning is a more "likeable" nfl poster boy than Brady. Thats why they always attempt to put Tom down.

rumpsicle
11-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Lets be real. The NFL does NOT like Tom Brady and BB. Manning is a more "likeable" nfl poster boy than Brady. Thats why they always attempt to put Tom down.

Plus are we going to act like Archie doesn't pay Goodell? The NFL just loves both Mannings.

GetBigyo
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM

/End thread
And their was a poll like last year that NBC showed during the Colts/Pats SNF game....It was separated into different topics. Like, most said Peyton in the first half of a game and then a lot said Brady in the second half of the game.

edit: The poll was between HOF players

b3rtstare
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM

^^ This.

Peyton has proved he is superior to Brady in every category imaginable and Brady isn't even in Manning's class, just as your said.

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
And their was a poll like last year that NBC showed during the Colts/Pats SNF game....It was separated into different topics. Like, most said Peyton in the first half of a game and then a lot said Brady in the second half of the game.

Peyton proved this last night and during the superbowl. I didnt expect 3 picks yesterday though. He looked like that old man who thinks hes a kid out there havin fun.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
According to the nfl network manning and favre are godlike. They are just mad Brady has more rings that both of them.

Brady was only one rank behind Favre so if Favre is godlike apparently they think Brady is pretty close to the same. Manning was I think 11 or 12 ahead of Brady aka it wasn't even close. Also when the HOF QB's voted, Manning won by a landslide in that as well.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM

edit: The poll was between HOF players

In the HOF QB poll the most clutch QB of all time (Montana if you couldn't figure that out) said he would take Brady in the first half, Manning in the second half. Like said the only people picking Brady over Manning are your casual fans.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Peyton proved this last night and during the superbowl. I didnt expect 3 picks yesterday though. He looked like that old man who thinks hes a kid out there havin fun.

Can't remember who the analyst was last night in the post game but he said it best "Manning can only make hamburger look like steak for so long".

AreolaBorealis
11-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Tom Brady is alpha as fuk. Manning is a slightly uglier verson of Eli.

rsnnh12
11-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Can't remember who the analyst was last night in the post game but he said it best "Manning can only make hamburger look like steak for so long".

Where Brady can make hamburger win Super Bowls

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Brady was only one rank behind Favre so if Favre is godlike apparently they think Brady is pretty close to the same. Manning was I think 11 or 12 ahead of Brady aka it wasn't even close. Also when the HOF QB's voted, Manning won by a landslide in that as well.

Like I said before. The NFL does not like Tom Brady. Favre is not even comparable, and they will give the mvp to Peyton this year even though he doesnt deserve it. The nfl also likes to forget about the int the "goat" threw in the superbowl that pretty much gave the game away.

Beasly3333
11-22-2010, 06:00 PM
People are still debating this?

Peyton is obviously better.

zdub32
11-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Brady plays in a great system (see Matt Cassel) whereas Manning is the system, no running game and no chance for victory if he's injured.

Both are elite
/thread

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 06:28 PM
http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/meh.ro5776.jpg

lol. 2007. plain and simple. and if brady wasnt hurt in 08 he would have for sure thrown another 40+ tds.

rodgers has said so himself that brady is the best quarterback ever lol (no hate bro, rodgers kicks ass, just give him more time tho)

Oh, and:

lol I love when brady haters have to post something related to superbowl 42 because they dont have anything actually relevant to post.

its like when steeler fans get upset that they lost to the patriots, and their defense when they lose is to post superbowl 42 pictures. ha, pathetic. they cant even back up their own arguement so they just post something in an effort to hopefully just make someone mad.

u mad that if eli didnt make a lucky pass, brady would undoubtley be called the greatest of all time? ya, u mad

last time I checked no one in the last 25 years has won 18 games in a season. not to mention their schedule was beyond difficult

haters gonna hate

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Where Brady can make hamburger win Super Bowls

Yet he can't do it with steak... hmmmm wonder why that is.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
lol. 2007. plain and simple. and if brady wasnt hurt in 08 he would have for sure thrown another 40+ tds.

ROFL so Brady has 1 good year in the regular season and that makes him better than Manning... Not to mention Manning had a better year in 04 than Brady did in 07. Please do us a favor and post up each of the QB's regular season stats.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Like I said before. The NFL does not like Tom Brady. Favre is not even comparable, and they will give the mvp to Peyton this year even though he doesnt deserve it. The nfl also likes to forget about the int the "goat" threw in the superbowl that pretty much gave the game away.

That second sentence is pure conjecture and speculation. When you actually want to bring some facts to the table let me know. I doubt Peyton wins it this year unless Colts pretty much win out and Pats and Saints lose a few games. They tend to base the MVP's on well that persons team is doing also. I fail to see what that INT has to do with Manning winning the MVP.....

rumpsicle
11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Sick96Stang exposed as Archie and/or Cooper. This guy is the biggest Manning homer/Brady hater on this board.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Sick96Stang exposed as Archie and/or Cooper. This guy is the biggest Manning homer/Brady hater on this board.

rumpsicle exposed as Gisele. This girl is the biggest Brady homer/Manning hater on this board.

rsnnh12
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Yet he can't do it with steak... hmmmm wonder why that is.

So 2 years of steak (1 after major knee surgery), including an undefeated season, and you're bitching because he didn't win it all? He won 3 Super Bowls throwing to Troy Brown, David Givens, and Deion Branch....

ROFL so Brady has 1 good year in the regular season and that makes him better than Manning... Not to mention Manning had a better year in 04 than Brady did in 07. Please do us a favor and post up each of the QB's regular season stats.

LOL why regular season? Why not playoff?

Brady- 14-4, 3 rings, and a better QB rating in the playoffs than Manning, despite having his home games in sub 30 degree weather and snow
Peyton- 9-9, 1 ring, and in the Super Bowl run, he had 2 TDs and 6 INTs in 3 games....

And its not the regular season that makes Brady better... no one argues that Manning is better in the regular season. But he just can't get it done in the playoffs, when it matters

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
So 2 years of steak (1 after major knee surgery), including an undefeated season, and you're bitching because he didn't win it all? He won 3 Super Bowls throwing to Troy Brown, David Givens, and Deion Branch....

Why do you think the Patriots could win with those receivers yet when they got a massive upgrade to WR's they couldn't win...

LOL why regular season? Why not playoff?

Brady- 14-4, 3 rings, and a better QB rating in the playoffs than Manning, despite having his home games in sub 30 degree weather and snow
Peyton- 9-9, 1 ring, and in the Super Bowl run, he had 2 TDs and 6 INTs in 3 games....

Regular Season
Brady=Manning
Post Season
Brady>Manning
Super Bowl
Brady>Manning

Go back through and read the thread and you'll see why we're just talking about regular season.

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM

LOL peyton better in 2004 than brady in 2007?

brady had more yards, more tds, less interceptions, better completion percentage, and won more games. its all because he had the weapons, he didnt have them every other year. and if you read my post, youd know that if brady wasnt hurt the year after he would have had another great year.

and just because that one year is so much better than his other years, doesnt mean his other years werent good..... he may even get another MVP this year.

peyton in 2004 threw for 336 completions in 497 attempts, which is a 67.6% rate. he threw for 4,550 yards, avg 9.2 yards an attempt, 49 TDs, 10 INT, and a 121.1 passer rating.

brady in 2007 thre for 398 completions in in 578 attempts, which is a 68.9% rate. he threw for 4,806 yards, avg 8.3 yards an attemp, 50 TDs, 8 INT, and a 117.2 passer rating.

also brady set a record for 12 consecutive games with 3 or more td passes. something that manning has never come close to.

nonetheless, brady went 16-0 while peyton was 12-4. Peyton has always had more talent than brady, and brady gets randy moss and welker than puts up those stats....

make your choice...

besides, it doesnt even matter whose better in that sense, because all that matters is that brady can put up stats that manning has plain and simple... at this point, there isnt even anything to argue that peyton has done that brady cant. its everything that brady does that manning cant.

people honestly say manning is the better REGULAR season guy, and even that isnt true haha. they are more even than anything

Why do you think the Patriots could win with those receivers yet when they got a massive upgrade to WR's they couldn't win...

your honestly going to give them **** for losing the superbowl after winning 18 games?

lol its better to go to the superbowl in the fashion they did, rather then go 13-0 or 14-2 like peyton does and lose in the first round. your arguements are pathetic brah

its funny because if peyton didnt sit out the last two games of 2009 season, and they indeed went 16-0, peyton would have done the same thing the pats did in 07. but instead since they lost two games they deserve MORE credit and LESS bashing then the pats who went 18-0? just because the pats had the guts to go for it?? LOL

except peyton would have thrown the game losing interception unlike brady haha

rsnnh12
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM

Go back through and read the thread and you'll see why we're just talking about regular season.

First part- idk, you're going to have to help me out there.... Giants played a great game in the SB. Brady had a couple mistakes, but made the potential game-winning drive. Eli had a great drive after it.

2nd- sorry, missed that part. Joes an idiot, ignore him lol. I don't know any Pats fans who think Brady is better than Manning in the regular season (looking at entire body of work, not just 1 year)

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:37 PM
LOL peyton better in 2004 than brady in 2007?

brady had more yards, more tds, less interceptions, better completion percentage, and won more games. its all because he had the weapons, he didnt have them every other year. and if you read my post, youd know that if brady wasnt hurt the year after he would have had another great year.

and just because that one year is so much better than his other years, doesnt mean his other years werent good..... he may even get another MVP this year.

peyton in 2004 threw for 336 completions in 497 attempts, which is a 67.6% rate. he threw for 4,550 yards, avg 9.2 yards an attempt, 49 TDs, 10 INT, and a 121.1 passer rating.

brady in 2007 thre for 398 completions in in 578 attempts, which is a 68.9% rate. he threw for 4,806 yards, avg 8.3 yards an attemp, 50 TDs, 8 INT, and a 117.2 passer rating.

also brady set a record for 12 consecutive games with 3 or more td passes. something that manning has never come close to.

nonetheless, brady went 16-0 while peyton was 12-4. Peyton has always had more talent than brady, and brady gets randy moss and welker than puts up those stats....

make your choice...

people honestly say manning is the better REGULAR season guy, and even that isnt true haha.

Brady had 578 attempts in 2007 vs Manning's 497 in 2004. So with 81 more attempts Brady managed a whole 1 more TD and 249 yards. Manning averaged a TD about every 10 passing attempts at 67% so add 6 more TD's he would have ended with 55 TD's and 5,051 yards. Also Manning ended with a higher QB rating than Brady also. So basically all Brady had on Manning was maybe 3 less INT's and about a 1% better comp %. Like I said Manning had the better year.

Oh yea because he was guaranteed to have another great year you know it was in the bag... lets keep ridiculous theories out of the discussion.

Brady had one great fluke year and has not since then come even close to anything like that. Manning consistently throws for 30+ TD's and 4000 yards. Brady is not even close to Manning in the regular season.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:40 PM
First part- idk, you're going to have to help me out there.... Giants played a great game in the SB. Brady had a couple mistakes, but made the potential game-winning drive. Eli had a great drive after it.

2nd- sorry, missed that part. Joes an idiot, ignore him lol. I don't know any Pats fans who think Brady is better than Manning in the regular season (looking at entire body of work, not just 1 year)

Don't think their defense was quite as good in 07 as it was back in their SB years. Clearly their offense was a lot better than it was back their SB years. That only leaves 2 other phases of the game that could have declined to make up for the difference.

Huse is probably that ignorant as well.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:42 PM
your honestly going to give them **** for losing the superbowl after winning 18 games?

lol its better to go to the superbowl in the fashion they did, rather then go 13-0 or 14-2 like peyton does and lose in the first round. your arguements are pathetic brah

its funny because if peyton didnt sit out the last two games of 2009 season, and they indeed went 16-0, peyton would have done the same thing the pats did in 07. but instead since they lost two games they deserve MORE credit and LESS bashing then the pats who went 18-0? just because the pats had the guts to go for it?? LOL

except peyton would have thrown the game losing interception unlike brady haha

What does it matter if you lose in the first round or in the super bowl... I guess you take great pride in second place though in reality it doesn't mean ****.

How many game winning TD's has Brady thrown in a superbowl... oh that's right 0.

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 07:45 PM
What does it matter if you lose in the first round or in the super bowl... I guess you take great pride in second place though in reality it doesn't mean ****.

How many game winning TD's has Brady thrown in a superbowl... oh that's right 0.

r you kidding?

if you were an nfl quarterback, would you rather be the guy who never went to the superbowl, or the guy who went but lost? again, another pathetic arguement from you.

your not even replying to my arguements, your just bringing up a random flaw that brady has. no one is perfect man.

and just for your liking, ill concede that mannings 2004 regular season was better than bradys. even then, it was SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY better IN YOUR OPINION. does that suddenly make manning a better quarterback?? lulz no. and hate all you want, but Brady has the most wins in the regular season and the most TD passes in a regular season. so therefore
REGULAR SEASON:
BRADY=MANNING

somebodys just plain jealous :D

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
r you kidding?

if you were an nfl quarterback, would you rather be the guy who never went to the superbowl, or the guy who went but lost? again, another pathetic arguement from you.

your not even replying to my arguements, your just bringing up a random flaw that brady has. no one is perfect man.

and just for your liking, ill concede that mannings 2004 regular season was better than bradys. even then, it was SLIGHTLY SLIGHTLY better IN YOUR OPINION. does that suddenly make manning a better quarterback?? lulz no. and hate all you want, but Brady has the most wins in the regular season and the most TD passes in a regular season. so therefore
REGULAR SEASON:
BRADY=MANNING

somebodys just plain jealous :D

My point was in history second place doesn't mean ****. What exactly did I not reply to?

Well if you concede that it was better what's the point of putting in my opinion? If you're conceding it was better than IN YOUR OPINION it was better as well. So Manning's best season > Brady's best season and just about every other season Manning has been better than Brady in the regular season
there
REGULAR SEASON:
MANNING >>>>>>>>> BRADY

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM
My point was in history second place doesn't mean ****. What exactly did I not reply to?

Well if you concede that it was better what's the point of putting in my opinion? If you're conceding it was better than IN YOUR OPINION it was better as well. So Manning's best season > Brady's best season and just about every other season Manning has been better than Brady in the regular season
there
REGULAR SEASON:
MANNING >>>>>>>>> BRADY

So basically all Brady had on Manning was maybe 3 less INT's and about a 1% better comp %. Like I said Manning had the better year.
^^^
thats your reasoning for why manning is better in the regular season?

I guess if manning usually has the better regular seasons, then that usually means better playoff advantages. so brady in your opinion has worst regular seasons so therefore worse post season advantages in yet brady has more superbowls then manning in the end.

:D

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
^^^
thats your reasoning for why manning is better in the regular season?

I guess if manning usually has the better regular seasons, then that usually means better playoff advantages. so brady in your opinion has worst regular seasons so therefore worse post season advantages in yet brady has more superbowls then manning in the end.

:D

My reasoning for why Manning is better than Brady in the regular season is because Manning in his career is better than Brady in just about every single statistic in the regular season by A LOT.

Last time I checked wins and losses come from a team not a player.

rsnnh12
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
My reasoning for why Manning is better than Brady in the regular season is because Manning in his career is better than Brady in just about every single statistic in the regular season by A LOT.

And where do statistics come from? Is Manning throwing all those passes to himself?

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM

true.

but we could nitpick this all we want. Brady never had a ton of talent around him like Peyton has, hence the team thing.

but good debating here :D honestly ill have to remember some of the things you have said before I ever support brady again.....

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
And where do statistics come from? Is Manning throwing all those passes to himself?

My point being wins/losses is the ultimate team stat. INDIVIDUAL statistics come from well individuals. The defense plays very little role on a QB's stats, however, the defense plays a huge role in wins and losses.

magicmatt
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
stats are for losers

brady > manning

he has the intangibles. he's 10x more cerebral a football player than manning.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
true.

but we could nitpick this all we want. Brady never had a ton of talent around him like Peyton has, hence the team thing.

but good debating here :D honestly ill have to remember some of the things you have said before I ever support brady again.....

Pats > Colts
Manning > Brady

That's how I see it, probably how I will always see it. Before anybody twists that I think Brady is certainly better in the post season then Peyton but if you ask me to choose a better overall QB I take Manning every time.

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Pats > Colts
Manning > Brady

That's how I see it, probably how I will always see it. Before anybody twists that I think Brady is certainly better in the post season then Peyton but if you ask me to choose a better overall QB I take Manning every time.

Well hopefully we get to see a rematch in the playoffs this year.

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:07 PM
stats are for losers

brady > manning

he has the intangibles. he's 10x more cerebral a football player than manning.

Dam I didn't realize Raheem Morris posted on here. Good job with the Bucs so far this year.

CCAurora
11-22-2010, 08:08 PM

Why even bring that **** up? Same deal with Brady... its useless to demean them both equally...

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Well hopefully we get to see a rematch in the playoffs this year.

If the spread was -6 I'd still take the Pats. Colts defense is absolutely terrible.

rsnnh12
11-22-2010, 08:11 PM
My point being wins/losses is the ultimate team stat. INDIVIDUAL statistics come from well individuals. The defense plays very little role on a QB's stats, however, the defense plays a huge role in wins and losses.

But "individual" statistics are still based on a team's performance... the only sport that really has individual statistics is hitting in baseball.

Manning's stats benefited tremendously from superior passing weapons, Brady benefited from a better defense

Brady>Manning in the clutch, when it matters

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
But "individual" statistics are still based on a team's performance... the only sport that really has individual statistics is hitting in baseball.

Manning's stats benefited tremendously from superior passing weapons, Brady benefited from a better defense

Brady>Manning in the clutch, when it matters

Sure just not as much as wins/losses. Offensive players depend on other offensive players, defensive players depend on other defensive players.

Well Manning's stats haven't exactly dropped since he lost Harrison so his value to the team is certainly in question. They're basically playing with the B team offense and Manning is still putting up great stats.

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 08:18 PM
If the spread was -6 I'd still take the Pats. Colts defense is absolutely terrible.

Lets be reality. You were only arguing with me cause I drive an ls1 and you a mustang right? lol

Sick96stang
11-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Lets be reality. You were only arguing with me cause I drive an ls1 and you a mustang right? lol

It certainly doesn't help your cause I'll say that much :) I actually sold my mustang like a year ago though. Saving up for the 03/04 Cobra.

TAWS6
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
It certainly doesn't help your cause I'll say that much :) I actually sold my mustang like a year ago though. Saving up for the 03/04 Cobra.

Cant go wrong with a 390 underrated hp machine.

lovebbing
11-22-2010, 09:41 PM
03 cobra is the best. unbelievably fast for a bargain. best street machine ever made

that an c6 z06 :D

U.S.M.C. TANKER
11-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Lol, I applaud most Pats fans for not being phaggots like hose over here. Manning choked, we get it. Nothing new here. It is because of him choking, pats won that game. The Colts wasn't even supposed to win that game in the first place, playing at NE with an banged up team. I am honestly surprised Colts even got that close. The funny thing is, this thread would not have even been made if Manning didn't choke on the last drive. Don't worry, the Colts will play the Pats again in the post season.

magicmatt
11-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Don't worry, the Colts will play the Pats again in the post season.

haha cant wait. we all know how that will go down