PDA

View Full Version : Remote desktop connection help!

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 09:58 AM
I tried connecting to my parent's laptop in another country using the Remote Desktop Connection.

>I made them allow connections from Remote settings
>I gave their IP address in RD gateway server settings and entered their full computer name

They have not set any password in the PC but it is asking for Username and Password without it, not logging in. I tried their computer name no password.. possible password etc. but none works.

Where did I go wrong???

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 10:09 AM
bump!!!

Criollo
11-19-2010, 10:11 AM
bump!!!

You have to have a user name and password set for remote desktop so tell them to set one up then try again

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 10:20 AM
k...

CmeliftHeavy
11-19-2010, 10:25 AM
try logmein, you will have to down load it on each system setup pass words and you should be good. Easy to use and end user friendly...

TechLady
11-19-2010, 10:30 AM
you could go to User Accounts in Control Panel on ur parent's computer and create a user account for yourself (make sure to grant the account/yourself remote access)

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
k.. Thanks guys.. They have gone to sleep and will be only be able to try this tomorrow.. Thanks for all the answers!

micromatikal
11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
k.. Thanks guys.. They have gone to sleep and will be only be able to try this tomorrow.. Thanks for all the answers!

Also if all else fails, teamviewer works excellent as well, no configuring, it's free software, just download and use it...

www.teamviewer.com

Tim

Alternative
11-19-2010, 11:00 AM
I tried connecting to my parent's laptop in another country using the Remote Desktop Connection.

>I made them allow connections from Remote settings
>I gave their IP address in RD gateway server settings and entered their full computer name

They have not set any password in the PC but it is asking for Username and Password without it, not logging in. I tried their computer name no password.. possible password etc. but none works.

Where did I go wrong???

Not sure tbh but I use teamviewer and it works great and is really noob friendly

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
have used teamviewer.. but u can just view it rite? I wanna use the pc from here..

MaxPunishment
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
have used teamviewer.. but u can just view it rite? I wanna use the pc from here..

No you can do whatever you want as if the computer were right there in front of you. The only bad thing is that it'll log you out after about 20 minutes cause it's only supposed to be a demo so you keep have to logging back in. That should be enough time though to setup an account on the other computer should your parents not know how to do that

yaz_rulz
11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
No you can do whatever you want as if the computer were right there in front of you. The only bad thing is that it'll log you out after about 20 minutes cause it's only supposed to be a demo so you keep have to logging back in. That should be enough time though to setup an account on the other computer should your parents not know how to do that
Thanks bro.. I can make them setup the account or set a password for the current one.. there is a problem with the taskbar and it so tough to explain it to them on how to make it alrite.. My mom keeps having doubts.. so it is easy if I get to access their pc from here..

yaz_rulz
11-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Used Teamviewer and it worked like a Charm.. 20 mins is all I need to access their pc n do my stuff.. Thanks everyone!!

Sabatoge
11-20-2010, 06:06 AM
Also if all else fails, teamviewer works excellent as well, no configuring, it's free software, just download and use it...

www.teamviewer.com

Tim

This

I use teamviewer everyday

yaz_rulz
11-20-2010, 06:15 AM
This

I use teamviewer everyday
Used it already brah.. see the post above you.. Thanks anyways for the Input! :)

RambJoe
11-20-2010, 06:36 AM
Vnc