PDA

View Full Version : McNabb could be cut after this year

QB_Killa
11-17-2010, 11:36 AM
"McNabb’s agent, Fletcher Smith, clarified some of the details of McNabb’s deal Tuesday. He says while the contract is worded so that it has “$40 million in guarantees,” the Redskins do have an option to cut McNabb at the end of the season with no further money due."

"McNabb receives a $3.5 million bonus this year as part of the new agreement, but the rest of the five-year, $78 million package would come to naught if the team decides to cut ties."

Oh lawd

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-mcnabbscontract

El Gilbro
11-17-2010, 11:37 AM
In b4 McNabb is cut and then signed by the Vikings.

JTrain306
11-17-2010, 11:39 AM
In b4 McNabb is cut and then signed by the Vikings.
http://www.wigu.com/dump/YEP.gif

B_Nelley35
11-17-2010, 12:25 PM
When Eagles traded Mcnabb into the division every non-Eagle fan bashed us. Now you get to see McNabbs true colors, and the Eagles FO look pretty damn good.

klowe723
11-17-2010, 12:33 PM
In b4 McNabb is cut and then signed by the Arizona.

fixed

NavyRoll
11-17-2010, 12:34 PM
When Eagles traded Mcnabb into the division every non-Eagle fan bashed us. Now you get to see McNabbs true colors, and the Eagles FO look pretty damn good.

What true color?

bustermac
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Not happening.

Bruce Gradkowski is the best FA QB for next year. That's pathetic.

KennyK
11-17-2010, 12:44 PM
how much guaranteed monies did he get?

sleet83
11-17-2010, 12:47 PM
how much guaranteed monies did he get?

McNabb's contract is actually split into a series of decisions the Redskins must make along the way, and the first of those decisions could actually leave the team with a different quarterback in 2011 without severe financial penalty if they choose to go that way. McNabb is due a $2.5 million base salary and a $10 million option bonus would be added to that total if the Redskins choose to keep McNabb. If they cut or trade him after the 2010 season, they're only obligated to the $3.5 million signing bonus, plus the $250,000 bonus he's already attained for playing in at least eight games. McNabb has a $5 million base salary and $6.2 million roster bonus for 2010.

The deal is heavily back-loaded in base salary, which makes a long future between McNabb and the Redskins a bit less likely. Schefter reports that McNabb is scheduled to make $12.75 million base in 2012, $13M in 2013, $13.75M in 2014, and $13.55M in 2015. The option bonus and small base salary in 2011 makes this deal look a lot more like the typical "funny money" contracts given to older players. In reality, this could be thought of as an extension McNabb might never actually see, or a one-year extension worth $15.5 million if McNabb was active for all sixteen regular-season games, met the parameters for a $250,000 workout bonus, and met all of $2 million in possible playoff incentives. One would assume that this would include a Redskins trip to the Super Bowl, and even the most ardent Redskins homer would have to admit that Mike Shanahan's team is a long way from that particular destination right now.

miketheblade
11-17-2010, 12:47 PM

wtf??? Nabs on a **** team...

that D gave up 59 pts.........wtf????????

Trapstar4.4
11-17-2010, 12:54 PM
wtf??? Nabs on a **** team...

that D gave up 59 pts.........wtf????????

lol yeah they had no chance to win that game.
they were digging themselves out of a hole 14 seconds into the game haha

cramron
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
McNabb’s agent, Fletcher Smith, clarified some of the details of McNabb’s deal Tuesday. He says while the contract is worded so that it has “$40 million in guarantees,”

http://www.therightperspective.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/donovan_mcnabb-220x300.jpg

the Redskins do have an option to cut McNabb at the end of the season with no further money due."

http://athletes-celebrities.tseworld.com/cached/_images/maintainwidth/160x192/3289d6466a2cd8483042263f956c9f7d/mcnabb-donovan-160-2-456.jpg

Salaam86
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Not happening.

Bruce Gradkowski is the best FA QB for next year. That's pathetic.

Most likely he'll be hit with the franchise tag, but don't forget Vick.

Salaam86
11-17-2010, 01:12 PM

Except for the fact that they traded him because they though Kolb was the future. They just lucked out with Vick, because if he wasn't there and it was just Kolb, things would be very different.

YUL
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
somewhere kolb is fuming for being hyped as the next best thing and getting sh!t canned in favor of vick

sleet83
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM

The Eagles won't let Vick get away. Vick already said that the Eagles will be on top of his list because they took him in when no one else would. I'm sure if they give him a strong offer, he'll accept it.

Philadelphia has adapted to Vick.. he would have to move to a new city and go through the whole picket lines of PETA etc all over again.

niospecv
11-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I see McNabb in a Vikings or Cardinals uni next season.

Salaam86
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
The Eagles won't let Vick get away. Vick already said that the Eagles will be on top of his list because they took him in when no one else would. I'm sure if they give him a strong offer, he'll accept it.

Philadelphia has adapted to Vick.. he would have to move to a new city and go through the whole picket lines of PETA etc all over again.

I agree, I don't think Vick's going anywhere either and I doubt they even trade Kolb right now, because Vick's style of play lends itself to a greater propensity of potential injuries, which means having a reliable back-up is a must.

bustermac
11-18-2010, 09:15 AM

True, Philly likes trading good QBs within the division. :)

JRRBadBoy4Life
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
McNabb will be cut if he doesn't start playing better. It makes no sense to reward a guy for poor performance and I'm sure Mike Shanahan is part of this. I don't think anybody who has performed poorly this year will be back, including defensive coordinator Jim Hasslett whom has had the worst performance of anyone on the team. No excuse for being last in the league in defense.

Salaam86
11-18-2010, 05:46 PM
McNabb will be cut if he doesn't start playing better. It makes no sense to reward a guy for poor performance and I'm sure Mike Shanahan is part of this. I don't think anybody who has performed poorly this year will be back, including defensive coordinator Jim Hasslett whom has had the worst performance of anyone on the team. No excuse for being last in the league in defense.

lol, how crazy would it be if Wade the pillsburry dough-boy Phillips becomes our DC?