PDA

View Full Version : Referees always make calls that favor the Steelers

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
yeah, I'm just trolling, but the NFL sent the Steelers the word that the roughing the passer call on Casey Hampton and the pass interference call on Ike Taylor near the end of the game on that last drive prior to the Domata Peko-Troy Polamalu steamroll were bogus calls.

in other words, that 2nd and goal play should've been 3rd and 10 at the 37.

but yeah, the officials are always favoring the Steelers

smh....

Iczer
11-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I think the Chiefs seem to get the short bus crew this year on most of their games. The refs don't even realize we got a first down and argue it's 4th. Offensive PI is called defensive PI. Blocks in the back are now the same as being hit from the side.

Tes45
11-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Seemed like the Steelers were getting screwed on calls every time I looked up at that game last weekend.

thegenerel
11-12-2010, 08:57 AM
at this point its all meh. no point in getting worked up over stuff that is out of one's control.

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 08:58 AM
yep. it happens.

perfect example of stupidity here:

Chad Henne slides, gets annihilated by 2 Ravens. No call, no flag
Matt Ryan slides, gets forearmed to the head by Ed Reed, no call, no flag.

Yet a few weeks ago, I think it was Suggs and someone else sneezed at Carson Palmer, and then the Ravens end up with a pair of roughing the passer penalties on plays that Carson Palmer had to throw himself to the ground for because he damn sure didn't get hit. Yet the Ravens get penalized.

W
T
F

it's not the NFL itself, it's the drastic variance in the officiating crews. Some of them really really suck and it has nothing to do with favoritism, it has to do with incompetence.

Bottom line -you have to assume the refs are going to suck and make sure, as a team, that the game doesn't come down to their hands because you are risking idiot calls against you.

don't blame the refs if you lose. Even when they suck.

iloverat
11-12-2010, 09:03 AM
the team i think genuienly gets the most calls are the colts..the eagles game was a joke, i saw the matt ryan no call penalty yesterday and then look at the trent cole one that peyton got. Its not just that game though ive seen it for years, they are a very good team but they get cheap penalties more than any other team ive seen

Tes45
11-12-2010, 09:06 AM
the team i think genuienly gets the most calls are the colts..the eagles game was a joke, i saw the matt ryan no call penalty yesterday and then look at the trent cole one that peyton got. Its not just that game though ive seen it for years, they are a very good team but they get cheap penalties more than any other team ive seen

The Patriots and their tuck rule would like to have a word with you.

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 09:08 AM
i think both of those have less to do with the teams and more to do with the QBs to be honest. Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Favre, and Ben get whomped all the time without getting called, yet someone farts in the general direction of other QBs like Peypey, Palmer or Brady (previous injuries) it's like the world is going to end

Tes45
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
i think both of those have less to do with the teams and more to do with the QBs to be honest. Guys like Aaron Rodgers, Favre, and Ben get whomped all the time without getting called, yet someone farts in the general direction of other QBs like Peypey, Palmer or Brady (previous injuries) it's like the world is going to end

ahem

X5Qw0Rvc1wk

Can't even imagine what would have happened if the Steelers did that **** to Peyton or Brady

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 09:16 AM
ahem

X5Qw0Rvc1wk

Can't even imagine what would have happened if the Steelers did that **** to Peyton or Brady

yup. Game would probably be immediately shut down, and the game forfeited to the Colts or the Pats

However, Harrison got fined for that one. :)

I still can't comprehend how the hell Harrison managed to flip-slam Young AND a 315-lb Aaron Smith AND a 300-lb Brett Keisel on that play. o.0

Tes45
11-12-2010, 09:20 AM
yup. Game would probably be immediately shut down, and the game forfeited to the Colts or the Pats

However, Harrison got fined for that one. :)

Yea, it was only like a $3k fine though, apparently his other (pretty much 100% legal) hits this season have been about 20x worse in the commissioner's eyes somehow.

And I'm pretty sure Harrison went low while the other two were going high, buckled Vince and caused the flip. It looked absolutely ridiculous live, I didn't think Vince was gonna get up for the rest of the year.

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Yea, it was only like a $3k fine though, apparently his other (pretty much 100% legal) hits this season have been about 20x worse in the commissioner's eyes somehow.

yeah. No consistency. It's gotta be insanely frustrating to play defense in the NFL right now. What sucks is that both Hines Ward and Mike Wallace have taken a few helmet-to-helmet hits as 'defenseless receivers' lately and nothing is getting called. I'm sure it's happening all over the league.

no consistency. That's what aggravates me.

ryan36_1
11-12-2010, 09:27 AM
The fact that Pryor's hit on Favre got a fine still makes me rage. And I f'n hate the Pats.

Tes45
11-12-2010, 09:29 AM
yeah. No consistency. It's gotta be insanely frustrating to play defense in the NFL right now. What sucks is that both Hines Ward and Mike Wallace have taken a few helmet-to-helmet hits as 'defenseless receivers' lately and nothing is getting called. I'm sure it's happening all over the league.

no consistency. That's what aggravates me.

First game after the whole new safety announcement, first quarter, CJ gets a pitch, gets to the corner, get a few yards and gets tackled from behind, a safety comes up in the process and lays an absolute textbook helmet to helmet while CJ's basically defenseless on the sidelines.

No late hit, no fine, no ****. Pretty sure a few teams in the league Ravens, Steelers, Titans just aren't gonna get excessive roughness calls against them due to their perceived "nasty" style of football these days.

The silver lining in all this **** is that Cortland Finnegan has been forced to stop trying to get as many personal fouls as he possibly can every game now though.

DB791
11-12-2010, 09:30 AM
The Patriots get the most calls

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 09:32 AM
First game after the whole new safety announcement, first quarter, CJ gets a pitch, gets to the corner, get a few yards and gets tackled from behind, a safety comes up in the process and lays an absolute textbook helmet to helmet while CJ's basically defenseless on the sidelines.

No late hit, no fine, no ****. Pretty sure a few teams in the league Ravens, Steelers, Titans just aren't gonna get excessive roughness calls against them due to their perceived "nasty" style of football these days.

The silver lining in all this **** is that Cortland Finnegan has been forced to stop trying to get as many personal fouls as he possibly can every game now though.

1) RBs don't count. Ask Josh Cribbs
2) I think you are correct re: "nasty" teams
3) Cortland Finnegan would look great in black and gold

Lugie
11-12-2010, 09:41 AM
yeah, I'm just trolling, but the NFL sent the Steelers the word that the roughing the passer call on Casey Hampton and the pass interference call on Ike Taylor near the end of the game on that last drive prior to the Domata Peko-Troy Polamalu steamroll were bogus calls.

smh....

Being a Dolphins Fan I agree

LikeAMachine
11-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I also bumped this thread for you big guy.

Remember this?

FIRST DOWN!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/supergregotti/1stdown.jpg

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Remember this?

FIRST DOWN!

yeah, I also remember laughing at the retardation of the person who initially thought that showing the picture from a 25 degree angle would prove anything. That is one of those hysterical "haters gonna hate" things that cracks me up

similar to the Seahawks fans complaining about the holding call of Locklear on Haggans. If you want to complain about something, complain about something legit, like Ward pushing off and not getting OPI called on him.

LikeAMachine
11-12-2010, 10:17 AM
http://images.memegenerator.net/Mel-Gibson-Rant/ImageMacro/1898691/lol-why-u-mad-tho.jpg

tmc.
11-12-2010, 10:19 AM
yes the refs miss a few calls against the Steelers when they already have the game won and it doesn't matter

they give Steelers the calls when the game is in doubt

Disrespected
11-12-2010, 10:26 AM
yes the refs miss a few calls against the Steelers when they already have the game won and it doesn't matter

they give Steelers the calls when the game is in doubt

...like when the bengals are driving with the ball, down 6, at the end of the game?

tmc.
11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
...like when the bengals are driving with the ball, down 6, at the end of the game?

I would have bet my life that Carson Palmer would not lead them to victory. Most washed up QB in the league.

Big_Pete1000
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM

smh....

lulz

Steelers still bitching about something??? STEELERS WON.

When steelers get bogus calls they win because of them.

Casey Hampton call was BS though.

Looked like little ike did hook TO. I understand though because TO was burning him all night. Ike is really not that good.

Big_Pete1000
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Remember this?

FIRST DOWN!

First down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbacn123
11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
ya'll *****s postin in a troll thread

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I understand though because TO was burning him all night. Ike is really not that good.

uh, you're confused.

TO caught almost all of his passes against Bryant McFadden. Ike was on Ocho all night until the last drive or 2

Big_Pete1000
11-12-2010, 01:25 PM
uh, you're confused.

TO caught almost all of his passes against Bryant McFadden. Ike was on Ocho all night until the last drive or 2

There is no reason to even cover ocho. He is not good at all. His stats are always inflated every year because he will have one great game and that is it. The rest of the season I bet he wont even crack 50 yards receiving.

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 01:41 PM
There is no reason to even cover ocho. He is not good at all. His stats are always inflated every year because he will have one great game and that is it. The rest of the season I bet he wont even crack 50 yards receiving.

nah

he still has 1 or 2 big games in him this season, but he'll be silent the rest of the season...well...."silent" in the stat column at least

evilsteve02
11-12-2010, 01:50 PM

smh....

ok tell ya what, they will give you back those plays and you give back the Superbowl "win" against Seattle...deal?

Fenex
11-12-2010, 02:16 PM

I don't even...

BeanieWells
11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Lettuce be reality, Kethnaab

http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/photo/8991624-large.jpg

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 02:46 PM
ok tell ya what, they will give you back those plays and you give back the Superbowl "win" against Seattle...deal?

why would we give back the win?

i've debated that one back and forth, provided video, and all the haters seem to disappear once the video comes out.

ryan36_1
11-12-2010, 03:13 PM

You're trying to prove a point using THAT picture?

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 03:18 PM
You're trying to prove a point using THAT picture?

that's all a hater needs.

Tes45
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Hope the refs make another horrible 4th quarter call that gives the game to the Titans this weekend so I can see Miami fans crying even more on this board.

Big7Ben86
11-12-2010, 05:09 PM
what makes the steelers a great team, is that they can still win despite getting bad calls

brb having a superbowl parade after we lose it

kethnaab
11-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Hope the refs make another horrible 4th quarter call that gives the game to the Titans this weekend so I can see Miami fans crying even more on this board.

in order for that to happen, you'll have to make sure to fumble twice in the first few minutes of the game so that miami can start their first 2 drives in your red zone....then fail to score a TD either time.

Stompin_Tom
11-12-2010, 05:20 PM
kabob u taking the steelers-4.5 this weekend against the pats brah?

Tes45
11-12-2010, 05:24 PM
in order for that to happen, you'll have to make sure to fumble twice in the first few minutes of the game so that miami can start their first 2 drives in your red zone....then fail to score a TD either time.

36 year old Chad Pennington is starting, we can manage this.