11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
So why did Oregon move up to #1?

Strong bull****. Most SEC teams have a more difficult schedule

crunchyblack
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
because oregon rapes teams in the anus

pro11skj
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
They people that vote think they are the best team in the country.

Strong SEC fanboy you are OP.

Bonecrshr
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
argue about the standings all you want, but if these teams keep winning at this point, expect the top teams to continue bouncing all around the top 5 or so

fly4navy117
11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Computer polls reflect this.

We have 4 victories over BCS top 25 teams while Oregon has 1.

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM

Meh, maybe you are right. If Auburn blows through Alabama and the SEC-CG, IMO they are the #1 team.

But you cant argue Oregons domination of USC, and comeon USC still has some serious football players.

So as of this week, Oregon is #1.

Tes45
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Lettuce be reality, it doesn't matter.

pro11skj
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Because a computer doesnt see what the voters see on TV every week brah. This same Auburn team had trouble with Clemson, MSU and Kentucky brah. Those teams should be no problem for a number one. and dont give me this crap about the SEC Derp de derp. The sec this year = pac-10 last year (everyone beating up on everyone) except for the fact that the SEC wont get put in bowl games with teams better than them so they dont get exposed.

Tes45
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Because a computer doesnt see what the voters see on TV every week brah. This same Auburn team had trouble with Clemson, MSU and Kentucky brah. Those teams should be no problem for a number one. and dont give me this crap about the SEC Derp de derp. The sec this year = pac-10 last year (everyone beating up on everyone) except for the fact that the SEC wont get put in bowl games with teams better than them so they dont get exposed.

BC02 quality post

pro11skj
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
BC02 quality post

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm87/pro11skj/mehro4659.jpg

Calhexas
11-01-2010, 03:44 PM

two human polls vs one computer poll

Oregon got humans

Auburn won computers

theres still 4 weeks of season left + championship games.

Sh!t will pan out then.

fly4navy117
11-01-2010, 03:45 PM

I'll give you Clemson, but MSU is 7-2, with losses to 9-0 Auburn and 7-1 LSU. They aren't a pushover. UK got a bundle of calls in their favor. The SEC-W has completely dominated the SEC-E and OOC, with the exception of Ole Miss, who has been pretty bad. The top 5 in the West have only lost 1 game outside of the division . I won't argue #1 vs #2 at all because the only difference between #1 and #2 is the color of the jersey in the NCG. If we win the SEC unbeaten, we will be into the NC game no question.

pro11skj
11-01-2010, 03:46 PM
I'll give you Clemson, but MSU is 7-2, with losses to 9-0 Auburn and 7-1 LSU. They aren't a pushover. UK got a bundle of calls in their favor. The SEC-W has completely dominated the SEC-E and OOC, with the exception of Ole Miss, who has been pretty bad. The top 5 in the West have only lost 1 game outside of the division . I won't argue #1 vs #2 at all because the only difference between #1 and #2 is the color of the jersey in the NCG. If we win the SEC unbeaten, we will be into the NC game no question.

I agree 100% with that last sentence...srs.

BC02
11-01-2010, 04:13 PM
meh, maybe you are right. If auburn blows through alabama and the sec-cg, imo they are the #1 team.

But you cant argue oregons domination of usc, and comeon usc still has some serious football players.

So as of this week, oregon is #1.this isnt the usc from a few years ago. Everyone is rediculously acting like oregon beat a top 5 team when they beat usc who are just a fringe t25 team this year.

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 06:40 PM
this isnt the usc from a few years ago. Everyone is rediculously acting like oregon beat a top 5 team when they beat usc who are just a fringe t25 team this year.

They aint that bad, Oregon beat a good team.

batman15
11-01-2010, 06:50 PM
They people that vote think they are the best team in the country.

Strong SEC fanboy you are OP.

Lol @ your sig. Such a phaggot.

anonymous123
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Meh, maybe you are right. If Auburn blows through Alabama and the SEC-CG, IMO they are the #1 team.

But you cant argue Oregons domination of USC, and comeon USC still has some serious football players.

because they dominated an unranked team? THAT'S your logic of why they should be number 1?

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
because they dominated an unranked team? THAT'S your logic of why they should be number 1?

The ranking is based on what they've done so far this season, plus the perception of the talent level and offense and defensive performance.

USC is ranked in the AP poll dumb ass. Besides, they are a lot better than any team in the WAC.

anonymous123
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
The ranking is based on what they've done so far this season, plus the perception of the talent level and offense and defensive performance.

USC is ranked in the AP poll dumb ass. Besides, they are a lot better than any team in the WAC.

last week, they were 24th in the polls. am i saying they're a bad team? of course not. but beating a 24th team is no where near as good as some of the teams auburn has beaten so far

the teams auburn has beaten >>>>>>> the teams oregon

batman15
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM

USC hasn't been ranked since they lost to Stanford dumbass.

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 07:10 PM
USC hasn't been ranked since they lost to Stanford dumbass.

Yes they were.

anonymous123
11-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes they were.

they were 24th in the polls but not listed in the standings

i didn't see a number next to their name in the game against oregon. jus sayin

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
they were 24th in the polls but not listed in the standings

i didn't see a number next to their name in the game against oregon. jus sayin

AP is the unofficial ranking, they do not have to abide by the NCAA ranking ban.

e-bay
11-01-2010, 07:28 PM
this isnt the usc from a few years ago. Everyone is rediculously acting like oregon beat a top 5 team when they beat usc who are just a fringe t25 team this year.

who did boise st play this weekend?

209vaughn
11-01-2010, 07:29 PM
who did boise st play this weekend?

LOL. This.

Fastforward7
11-01-2010, 07:34 PM
The better question is why in the f*ck do you care? If you're an Auburn fan you're an idiot because you're whining about something that doesn't matter in the least. If both teams win out they're in the NCG. If Oregon loses you're #1 again. If you don't win out you're not in the NCG hunt. I was glad to see Oregon BCS #1 because it's never happened before but if Auburn jumps them back next week I don't care. On the other hand if you're not an Auburn fan you're twice the idiot because you're complaining about something that has nothing to do with you.

meing0tt
11-02-2010, 12:26 AM
because oregon rapes teams in the anus

Teams that make me lol. Step up your competition

Word

USC is on a rebuilding year and has a newb head coach. Also lost tons of players and is always overrated. And at one point Oregon was looking like it'd lose or be a close game

The better question is why in the f*ck do you care? If you're an Auburn fan you're an idiot because you're whining about something that doesn't matter in the least. If both teams win out they're in the NCG. If Oregon loses you're #1 again. If you don't win out you're not in the NCG hunt. I was glad to see Oregon BCS #1 because it's never happened before but if Auburn jumps them back next week I don't care. On the other hand if you're not an Auburn fan you're twice the idiot because you're complaining about something that has nothing to do with you.

Dude, get the sand out of your vagina. I'm not an Auburn fan, but every college football fan should be concerned about the ratings. fail

victor_maximus
11-02-2010, 12:40 AM
In the end 1=2

JTrain306
11-02-2010, 12:41 AM
Teams that make me lol. Step up your competition

Word

USC is on a rebuilding year and has a newb head coach. Also lost tons of players and is always overrated. And at one point Oregon was looking like it'd lose or be a close game

Dude, get the sand out of your vagina. I'm not an Auburn fan, but every college football fan should be concerned about the ratings. fail

http://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1207854/puddles-o.gif

u furious?

Shangius
11-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Yeah I don't really see why UO is #1. All though Stanford could quite possibly finish the season in the top 5.

Theater Jock
11-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Your bitching over something that does'nt even matter...

Oregon> Everyteam in the nation that is'nt named Alabama Ohio state, Auburn or Arizona..

Seriously.. Arizona is good guys.. I'm not even sure if I favor the ducks in the match up

edit: I mean I'm not sure who would win

LiftHeavy85
11-02-2010, 03:14 AM
They aint that bad, Oregon beat a good team.

They're not even ranked...they ARE that bad

brb 2-3 in pac-10 is good

telxos
11-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Auburn will jump them back if they beat Alabama anyway.

209vaughn
11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
They're not even ranked...they ARE that bad

brb 2-3 in pac-10 is good

brb Pac10 is 10x better than WAC.

brb USC is better than every team in Boise States conference, including Boise State.

BC02
11-02-2010, 10:23 AM
brb pac10 is 10x better than wac.

Brb usc is better than every team in boise states conference, including boise state.
you just said the dumbest thing ive read on here in a loooooong time. Usc>boise? Hahahahahahahaha

derekrogers1
11-02-2010, 10:25 AM
being in the SEC is way harder than the PAC-10 but at the same time Oregon completely destroys every team they play aside from USC

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 10:41 AM
you just said the dumbest thing ive read on here in a loooooong time. Usc>boise? Hahahahahahahaha

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/fastforward7/v7y5hu.gif

Fastforward7
11-02-2010, 10:48 AM
being in the SEC is way harder than the PAC-10 but at the same time Oregon completely destroys every team they play aside from USC

This is pretty telling. Oregon's been ass raping people so bad that a three touchdown win no longer counts as destroying someone :D

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
This is pretty telling. Oregon's been ass raping people so bad that a three touchdown win no longer counts as destroying someone :D

Oregon has yet to face a quality defensive line of sufficient size, athleticism, and discipline that is backed by quality linebackers with those same qualities. USC was okay...but lettuce be reality, that defense was NOT legit.

Oregon will be in shock when they run into Alabama/Auburn in the NC. Nothing against Oregon, I think they're a damn good football team. I just think they will be outmuscled and outmanned vs either of those SEC squads.

Of course I'll be called a homer...and rightfully so. But that's still my opinion at this time.

209vaughn
11-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Yep I would take USC over Boise State, u mad huh? u mad....

We will never know though b/c Boise State plays in the Junior Varsity league.

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Yep I would take USC over Boise State, u mad huh? u mad....

We will never know though b/c Boise State plays in the Junior Varsity league.

Das right...JV b!tch!

BFast55
11-02-2010, 11:12 AM
You mad OP?

Auburn = the cam newton show
Oregon = a more complete team

Why do you think the computers have Auburn ranked higher? Because they can't see how one dimensional they are, not to mention lack of defense.

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 11:16 AM
You mad OP?

Auburn = the cam newton show
Oregon = a more complete team

Why do you think the computers have Auburn ranked higher? Because they can't see how one dimensional they are, not to mention lack of defense.

Bama's gonna beat both of them so don't waste your breath...or finger glycogen.

JTrain306
11-02-2010, 11:24 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/30xitxe.gif

209vaughn
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM

I like Alabama against Auburn, but I would give the edge to Oregon over Alabama.

No hate, I just think Bamas weak point is getting pressure to the drop back QB and the secondary making mental mistakes. Oregon could exploit that.

On the other hand, Alabama can punish Auburn at the line of scrimmage and blow up the run game.

fly4navy117
11-02-2010, 11:52 AM
On the other hand, Alabama can punish Auburn at the line of scrimmage and blow up the run game.What?

I've seen a lot of Bama fans' posts expressing their disappointment with the play at the LOS and particularly the pass rush. I doubt they just all of a sudden start blowing up the run game against a veteran OL.

209vaughn
11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
What?

I've seen a lot of Bama fans' posts expressing their disappointment with the play at the LOS and particularly the pass rush. I doubt they just all of a sudden start blowing up the run game against a veteran OL.

Maybe you are right. IMO Alabama will have a harder time with the Ducks. Maybe it's b/c the Ducks just look better.

Cam Newton hasn't convinced me yet that he can make the big time throws needed to win big games. That kid at Oregon makes throws under pressure, and his go WR (the white kid) is a stud.

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
I like Alabama against Auburn, but I would give the edge to Oregon over Alabama.

No hate, I just think Bamas weak point is getting pressure to the drop back QB and the secondary making mental mistakes. Oregon could exploit that.

On the other hand, Alabama can punish Auburn at the line of scrimmage and blow up the run game.

Bama had no problem getting to Brantley.

And the myth that Bama has no pass rush is because their total number of sacks isn't that high. But if you examine QB hurries and TFL...you'd see penetration at the LOS isn't really an issue. And now that Dareus and Upshaw have been given a week off to heal their ankle issues...oh lawd.

Then there's the fact that they have 40 passes broken up, and average almost 2 picks a game.

BFast55
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
What?

Go back and watch the Alabama vs Arky game. Once we pressured Mallet he threw 3 picks and numerous drops. Newton will try to just tuck and run. Nobody has been able to contain his running yet, if Alabama can't the nobody can. Not even Oregon.

One man teams have a history of hot streaks that end in a devastating loss. EX: 2009 SEC Championship game. Florida didn't even play that badly, 'Bama just was able to contain Tebow.

Tes45
11-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Go back and watch the Alabama vs Arky game. Once we pressured Mallet he threw 3 picks and numerous drops. Newton will try to just tuck and run. Nobody has been able to contain his running yet, if Alabama can't the nobody can. Not even Oregon.

One man teams have a history of hot streaks that end in a devastating loss. EX: 2009 SEC Championship game. Florida didn't even play that badly, 'Bama just was able to contain Tebow.

Not sure if srs

That was the single worst played game by Florida's defense in all of 2008 or 2009.

209vaughn
11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Not sure if srs

That was the single worst played game by Florida's defense in all of 2008 or 2009.

And McElroy played the game of his life lulz. The guy hasn't had a game that good since. Alabama brought the A-game that day, but it was Florida's game to lose. Which they did.

Calhexas
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Not sure if srs

Are you one of those guys that thinks if Florida had magically played to this "higher level" they were capable of that they were going to beat Bama?

Ingram and Richardson were running all over your defense. It was just mental errors. That game was a physical beating.

GermanBB
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I agree with OP even though it doesn't really matter yet.

fly4navy117
11-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Maybe you are right. IMO Alabama will have a harder time with the Ducks. Maybe it's b/c the Ducks just look better.

Cam Newton hasn't convinced me yet that he can make the big time throws needed to win big games. That kid at Oregon makes throws under pressure, and his go WR (the white kid) is a stud.

Not sure what more you want from Cam. He's thrown very well under pressure. Good example of a clutch throw.

3iolSzwhru4

I didn't watch the second half of the Ark/Bama game, since it was time for us to be in the stadium for the USC game. However, I didn't see Garcia getting pressured outrageously in the UA-USC game. I haven't watched Bama all that much this season, but the Bama fans on a lot of the national CFB boards haven't been particularly pleased with the front 7's play against the tougher opponents. I'll be very interested to see how Bama matches up with LSU this weekend. I have Bama winning, but not by much.

BFast55
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
And McElroy played the game of his life lulz. The guy hasn't had a game that good since. Alabama brought the A-game that day, but it was Florida's game to lose. Which they did.
Did you even watch Alabama in 2009? Both teams played and almost error-less game. The only mistake was that pick Tebow threw in the 4th qtr. Florida got outplayed, it is pointless to make excuses for them now.