PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Raiders have done a good job in recent drafts...

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Everybody has laughed at the past Raider drafts but it's actually it's pretty good...

First, the game changers:

Darren McFadden (round 1) - Pro bowl caliber RB this year when he finally got healthy. Let's not forget that he was 20 years old his rookie season.
Zach Miller (round 2) - Pro Bowl TE and he's showing it this year.
Tyvon Branch (Round 6 or 7) - The hard hitting safety is getting better and better. He received all pro votes last year.

Next: Picks that are looking pretty good right now:

Michael Bush (round 3) - Very good RB, he would be a starter on some NFL teams. Very good against the run.
Matt Shaugnessy (round 3) - Pass rushing DE, on pace for 10 sacks this year.
Louis Murphy (round 4) - All aroud good WR. Awesome blocker and pretty good pass catcher. Had a good rookie year but got injured this year.
Chaz Shillens (Round 7) - 6'5 One of the most injury prone receivers but when he plays he is a very good one.
Edit: Darrius Heyward-Bey (round 1): was pretty raw last year but it looks like the guy is finally getting it together. 2 100 yard games this year...

Finally: Picks from this year, too early to call:

Lamarr Houston (round 2) - Looks like a beast right now...
Rolando McClain (round 1) - Getting better and better. Great instincts.
Jarred Veldheer (round 3) - Played division 2 football last year and he is now a starting LT in the NFL. He is doing a pretty good job in the last 2 games.
Bruce Campbell: (round 4) - Workout warrior but we never know...

http://toplayusout.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/al-davis.jpg

Blaze704
10-31-2010, 07:13 PM
where is heyward-bey on that list

iamgenus
Your forgot Jamarcus Russell.

NoS_oUtLaSt
Michael Bush isnt a game changer. just about every NFL team has two servicable backs

Also the reason people are critical is because of their first choices. not the mid round choices

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:15 PM

forgot about him. I changed the list.

OCguy999
10-31-2010, 07:15 PM

100+ yards today. Improving every game. u mad?

leafs43
10-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Mike Mitchell has also been playing really well too despite being hated on since he has been drafted.

iamgenus
forgot about him. I changed the list.

There is a reason you forgot about him.

TheStack
Michael Bush isnt a game changer. just about every NFL team has two servicable backs

Also the reason people are critical is because of their first choices. not the mid round choices

People don't know how good Michael Bush is... He is better than a lot of starting RB out there.

Now is he a game changer? I think he is but it is debatable.

NoS_oUtLaSt
10-31-2010, 07:18 PM
People don't know how good Michael Bush is... He is better than a lot of starting RB out there.

Now is he a game changer? I think he is but it is debatable.

brb making a game changing 3.8 a carry

iamgenus
10-31-2010, 07:20 PM
100+ yards today. Improving every game. u mad?

tilaughing.gif

Oakland scored 59 points in 3 quarters and DHB doesn't have a single catch. #7 overall FTW!

The guy may one day turn into a good receiver but all you homers need to stop hyping him up as a legit threat until he plays consistently well.

TehVoot
I love the raiders this year, I even use them in madden, such a fast team overall good defense and offense, gotta love how fast they are.

McFadden's by far my favorite on the Raiders because of his ability to break tackles and speed.

I don't like Campbell much though I believe their other QB Gradkowski is better.

TheStack
brb making a game changing 3.8 a carry

stop trolling my thread

NoS_oUtLaSt
10-31-2010, 07:28 PM

stop trolling my thread

307/80 = 3.8

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:33 PM
307/80 = 3.8

We are talking about career

Acevedo85
10-31-2010, 07:34 PM
alot of people are forgetting Valdheer

The kid is HUGE reason why our run game is so dominant

Valdheer+Gallery=unstoppable

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:36 PM
alot of people are forgetting Valdheer

The kid is HUGE reason why our run game is so dominant

Valdheer+Gallery=unstoppable

6'8 monster

the kid was the hidden gem of the last draft IMO. I understand now why Cable was so pumped about him.

NoS_oUtLaSt
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
We are talking about career

Oh ok.

brb making a game changing 35.6 yards a game

Acevedo85
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM
6'8 monster

the kid was the hidden gem of the last draft IMO. I understand now why Cable was so pumped about him.

The one guy im ****ing pumped to see evelop is Campbell. The amount of potential he has makes my mind be full of ****

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh ok.

OK You won, brb putting him in the other category

N.W.A
10-31-2010, 07:43 PM

this.

I do agree that Bush is underrated.

TheStack
10-31-2010, 07:45 PM
The one guy im ****ing pumped to see evelop is Campbell. The amount of potential he has makes my mind be full of ****

I really hope he gets another year to mature. After that we put him at RT and we have our 2 tackles for the next 10 years...if it all goes well.

leafs43
10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh ok.

Bush only comes in on short yardage or to give McFadden a breather.

The 2 games McFadden was out Bush did start. He put up 100 yards and a td on the chargers.

Both are potential #1 running backs.

stevematic
10-31-2010, 07:47 PM
i'll put my hand up and say i wasn't a fan of mcfadden pre-draft. he's proven that he can be the best rb in the league so far this season.

NoS_oUtLaSt
10-31-2010, 07:47 PM
OK You won, brb putting him in the other category

lol ok i can definatley agree with this now lol. carry on

iamgenus
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
McFadden is talented. His issue has always been staying healthy. Something he hasn't exactly shaken yet.

Their best draft by FAR was this year and it was really the first year they took good players as opposed to fast players.

BalboaTHEbeasT
10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
tilaughing.gif

Oakland scored 59 points in 3 quarters and DHB doesn't have a single catch. #7 overall FTW!

The guy may one day turn into a good receiver but all you homers need to stop hyping him up as a legit threat until he plays consistently well.

He played maybe 1 snap that game. He had the flu, tried to go, couldn't and went to the lockerroom for an IV.

Don't forget Jacoby Ford. Kids looked good the past few games.

iamgenus
10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
He played maybe 1 snap that game. He had the flu, tried to go, couldn't and went to the lockerroom for an IV.

Don't forget Jacoby Ford. Kids looked good the past few games.

Ok, fine. What was his excuse in 95% of the other games he played in?

BalboaTHEbeasT
10-31-2010, 08:26 PM

I'm not saying he's great at all. He's a workout warrior and puts in more offseason work than 95% of the team. It hasn't translated to the field. My point was if your gonna call a guy out for one game then check your facts before runnin your mouth.

OCguy999
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm not saying he's great at all. He's a workout warrior and puts in more offseason work than 95% of the team. It hasn't translated to the field. My point was if your gonna call a guy out for one game then check your facts before runnin your mouth.

this

Animal_Fries
10-31-2010, 09:19 PM
its like this with a lot of teams. A lot of good sleeper picks in later rounds, but some fans can never get over some of the first round busts.

BXTT
10-31-2010, 09:23 PM
if chaz schilens wasn't always injured, he'd be on this list guaranteed.

robogain
10-31-2010, 09:27 PM
haters gonna hate on the raiders no matter how good they do. suck it

if chaz schilens wasn't always injured, he'd be on this list guaranteed.

i heard someone say earlier that brett favre breathed a sigh of relief when he found out chaz wasnt playing today. he was getting too close to his iron man record

xzp
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, lets be honest..early on some of them were reaches.

Look at Mikey Mitchell. (Although he SHOULD start now, dude has become very solid in coverage, adding to his tackling ability.)

That being said, over time, consistency in coaching leads to solid players. Hence why some of our guys are clicking. Look at Trevor Scott. Once nothing, now a great weapon who we can rotate between a sh*t load of positions.

Btw, Shaughnessey is more of a Seymour type. GREAT run stuffer at DE, who then can get sacks. Main reason he's getting sacks is because hes been so solid against the run, we kept him on the field in nickel and dime situations.

jd75
10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
through the 1st half of the season the raiders and chiefs have proved to have the best rookie class this year

scotyg
10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
through the 1st half of the season the raiders and chiefs have proved to have the best rookie class this year

this, didnt realise how good raiders drafts have been (obviously i knew about mcfadden and russel, but that was it). the chiefs rookie class is stellar this year. lewis, berry, moeaki, mccluster, arenas all play a big part in our team. thats asking a lot out of rookies, especially TWO rookie safeties starting together

btw, i will be a raider hater forever

carlos71786
10-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Oh ok.

on 8.8 carries

leafs43
10-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Other than JaWalrus, the Raiders have done good things in the draft in recent years.

The Raiders were screwed every which way if they took a qb in 2007. But that same draft we got Zach Miller and Michael Bush. Just the nature of the beast that is the NFL draft.

JTrain306
10-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Other than JaWalrus, the Raiders have done good things in the draft in recent years.

The Raiders were screwed every which way if they took a qb in 2007. But that same draft we got Zach Miller and Michael Bush. Just the nature of the beast that is the NFL draft.
who else was there?

Brady Quinn, Kolb, Trent Edwards... yikes.

JaMarcus could have been amazing if he applied himself. I'm sure a lot of teams would have taken him as well.

zi99y
10-31-2010, 11:37 PM
http://toplayusout.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/al-davis.jpg

http://www.ratewall.com/cpics/07254e14-0052-4613-9f64-fce864a40c40_lord_of_the_rings_gollum.jpg

miketheblade
10-31-2010, 11:47 PM
Mike Mitchell has also been playing really well too despite being hated on since he has been drafted.

totally worth 48th overall huh? ollollololoollolo

leafs43
10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
totally worth 48th overall huh? ollollololoollolo

20 tackles, 4 pass defenses and 1 forced fumble in the last 5 games in a quasi-nickle back role.

He is ball hawking.

miketheblade
11-01-2010, 12:48 AM
20 tackles, 4 pass defenses and 1 forced fumble in the last 5 games in a quasi-nickle back role.

He is ball hawking.

20 tackles???????? no shiiit? DAMN pro bowl here he comes

robogain
11-01-2010, 12:51 AM
20 tackles???????? no shiiit? DAMN pro bowl here he comes

lol at least he aint burnt toast dam near every playaction play tanner mays

iamgenus
11-01-2010, 02:43 AM

okay...

he's not the first guy to play through the flu so and the whole point was it wasn't just 1 game I was calling him out on.

In fact you raider fans got a chub for the guy because of ONE game. The guy just put up almost 1/3 of his career stats in one game.

Everyone looks terrific in the offseason. Once he starts doing it consistently during games that matter then we'll see.

BeanieWells
11-01-2010, 02:59 AM
I like how the Raiders draft all pros with every pick the last 3 years after two good games lol

Acevedo85
11-01-2010, 05:10 AM

He is ball hawking.

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn beast

thegenerel
11-01-2010, 06:30 AM
how far does this go back?

TheStack
11-01-2010, 07:01 AM

http://www.mohammeddewji.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/jamarcus-russell.jpg

how far does this go back?

2007, the year of JaWalrus

TheSheepdog
11-01-2010, 07:02 AM
I like how the Raiders draft all pros with every pick the last 3 years after two good games lol

Arizona Cardinals

jd75
11-01-2010, 07:41 AM
this, didnt realise how good raiders drafts have been (obviously i knew about mcfadden and russel, but that was it). the chiefs rookie class is stellar this year. lewis, berry, moeaki, mccluster, arenas all play a big part in our team. thats asking a lot out of rookies, especially TWO rookie safeties starting together

btw, i will be a raider hater forever

youre gonna hate them even more after next sunday

iliveinjersey
11-01-2010, 07:47 AM
miller is very good and not talked about

Bowyermania
11-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Jamarcus Russel makes this thread invalid

JamesGatz83
11-01-2010, 07:59 AM

This.

niospecv
11-01-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm actually happy for Raider fans and this is coming from a depressed Cowboys fan. It's good to see teams rise up again and be competitive. The same goes for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

thegenerel
11-01-2010, 08:07 AM
2007, the year of JaWalrus

how do these draft classes compare to other teams though? look at the chiefs, they have drafted extremely well.

TheStack
11-01-2010, 08:48 AM
how do these draft classes compare to other teams though? look at the chiefs, they have drafted extremely well.

My point is not that the Raiders have had the best drafts since 4 years because some teams have done better. I just think that some posters on this site are unaware that the Raiders have done a very good job in recent drafts except of course Jawalrus. But again that year there was simply no quarterback to draft that year and they needed one...

SexualDeviant
11-01-2010, 09:10 AM

You can't be serious. Bush is an absolutely hidden treasure as a starting RB (when McFadden was injured) and especially as a back up RB flex option. Look at his stats.

TheStack
11-01-2010, 09:30 AM

How many good QBs were drafted in 2007?

BalboaTHEbeasT
11-01-2010, 10:12 AM
okay...

he's not the first guy to play through the flu so and the whole point was it wasn't just 1 game I was calling him out on.

In fact you raider fans got a chub for the guy because of ONE game. The guy just put up almost 1/3 of his career stats in one game.

Everyone looks terrific in the offseason. Once he starts doing it consistently during games that matter then we'll see.
I'm pretty sure you ask most Raiders fans and we'd say hes been a disappointment at 7 overall. And actually you did call him out for that one game, check your OP. You basically said the dude sucks cuz he didn't score in the 59 pt beat down of Denver. Problem is you called him out and didn't bother to see he was sick and didn't play more than a snap.

Btw the reason I brought up the offseason is after 3 years of the walrus doin nothing in the offseason, we have a kid like dhb who knows his weaknesses and has been busting his ass to fix them. He's still raw but when you put amazing talent and great work ethic together, there are possibilities, unlike JaWalrus.

iamgenus
11-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm pretty sure you ask most Raiders fans and we'd say hes been a disappointment at 7 overall. And actually you did call him out for that one game, check your OP. You basically said the dude sucks cuz he didn't score in the 59 pt beat down of Denver. Problem is you called him out and didn't bother to see he was sick and didn't play more than a snap.

Btw the reason I brought up the offseason is after 3 years of the walrus doin nothing in the offseason, we have a kid like dhb who knows his weaknesses and has been busting his ass to fix them. He's still raw but when you put amazing talent and great work ethic together, there are possibilities, unlike JaWalrus.

I've called out raider fans for hyping up DHB before. The lack of production in the last game did stand out to me considering the score...so you're right I didn't look into why but given his previous performances i didn't even think to look whether he was hurt or not since him having 0-1 catches is the norm.

And maybe you're realistic in your analysis of the guy and I respect that but a lot of raider fans on here have been calling the guy a stud when he's done nothing.

As far as the original post the first round picks really hurt the Raiders in their previous 3 drafts.

Jamarcus is arguably the biggest bust of all time given his salary and performance.

McFadden is just now showing something and needs to keep it going consistently before that pick is validated. The guy was #4 overall he should be putting up 1000 per season easily. He does finally seem to be hitting his stride but still early to say that was a good pick.

DHB well it's another really high pick who MAY be a good player. But considering who was drafted after him so far the pick looks like a strong fail - Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Nick, Britt(damn strong WR first round)

Yeah they got some good players out of those drafts but those early picks are a big minus. You f*ck up on a top 10 pick and your draft takes a big dip.

robogain
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Niners drafts in first round

Two oline players - jury still out. the o line as a whole is garbage

Crabtree - worst then all the Wr's taken after him

Alex smith- top 5 bust all time

Balmer- huge bust for niners

TheStack
11-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I've called out raider fans for hyping up DHB before. The lack of production in the last game did stand out to me considering the score...so you're right I didn't look into why but given his previous performances i didn't even think to look whether he was hurt or not since him having 0-1 catches is the norm.

And maybe you're realistic in your analysis of the guy and I respect that but a lot of raider fans on here have been calling the guy a stud when he's done nothing.

As far as the original post the first round picks really hurt the Raiders in their previous 3 drafts.

Jamarcus is arguably the biggest bust of all time given his salary and performance.

McFadden is just now showing something and needs to keep it going consistently before that pick is validated. The guy was #4 overall he should be putting up 1000 per season easily. He does finally seem to be hitting his stride but still early to say that was a good pick.

DHB well it's another really high pick who MAY be a good player. But considering who was drafted after him so far the pick looks like a strong fail - Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Nick, Britt(damn strong WR first round)

Yeah they got some good players out of those drafts but those early picks are a big minus. You f*ck up on a top 10 pick and your draft takes a big dip.

In my original post I never wrote that DHB was a stud. I only said that he was looking good so far. Let's face it the guy played only 10 games last year, most of them with JaWalrus. This year he finally has a real qb and he's been putting on good numbers when he played. Let's just give him credits because the guy faced a lot of critics.

A lot of good wr in this league took at least 2 years before they started to put on numbers.

Steve Smith: 154 yards 0 tds in his 1st year

Vincent Jackson: 59 yards 0 td in his 1st year
453 yards 6 tds in his 2nd year
623 yards 3 tds in his 3rd year

Also: Wes Welker, Terrell Owens, Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson... the list is endless

So let's wait until we call DHB a bust, everybody called DMac a bust and he is looking like a top 10 RB right now.

iamgenus
11-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Niners drafts in first round

Two oline players - jury still out. the o line as a whole is garbage

Crabtree - worst then all the Wr's taken after him

Alex smith- top 5 bust all time

Balmer- huge bust for niners

Do you see me making threads hyping up the niners drafts?

You also forgot Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson and Joe Staley - 2 very good players and 2 solid but not great players.

As far as saying Crabtree is the worst WR taken after him, I'll assume you're talking about the first round and right now that's true although he's still better than DHB who was taken before him and is being handicapped by the 49ers qbs and playcalling.

Balmer was a bust no doubt but he was a low first rounder and it happens to be that position is solid on the team so at least he didn't hurt the team as much as Smith.

I have no problems saying I haven't been a big fan of the way the niners have drafted although I do think with time this past draft class can really pay off but a lot of the guys are talented yet raw.

iamgenus
11-01-2010, 05:42 PM
In my original post I never wrote that DHB was a stud. I only said that he was looking good so far. Let's face it the guy played only 10 games last year, most of them with JaWalrus. This year he finally has a real qb and he's been putting on good numbers when he played. Let's just give him credits because the guy faced a lot of critics.

A lot of good wr in this league took at least 2 years before they started to put on numbers.

Steve Smith: 154 yards 0 tds in his 1st year

Vincent Jackson: 59 yards 0 td in his 1st year
453 yards 6 tds in his 2nd year
623 yards 3 tds in his 3rd year

Also: Wes Welker, Terrell Owens, Miles Austin, Calvin Johnson... the list is endless

So let's wait until we call DHB a bust, everybody called DMac a bust and he is looking like a top 10 RB right now.

I don't call guys busts until at least 4-5 seasons into their careers or if they're cut obviously. Unlike some of your raider brethren btw.

TheStack
11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't call guys busts until at least 4-5 seasons into their careers or if they're cut obviously. Unlike some of your raider brethren btw.

You called me out for putting DHB in the list

iamgenus
11-02-2010, 03:38 AM
You called me out for putting DHB in the list

....right?

At this point he doesn't deserve to be on the list if you're talking about a good job.

He's just potential at this point = not good but not a bust.

Plenty of guys are drafted due to their potential and higher ceiling with bigger risk factors. DHB is a prime example of that. To early to call him a bust but he definitely shouldn't be listed when you're talking about good picks.

You'd like a bit more production out of your #7 overall, especially given how the guys are playing drafted after him.

MinuteMan.
11-02-2010, 05:57 AM
I made a thread about this before - no one took it seriously though haha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121229511

TheStack
11-02-2010, 07:36 AM
....right?

At this point he doesn't deserve to be on the list if you're talking about a good job.

He's just potential at this point = not good but not a bust.

Plenty of guys are drafted due to their potential and higher ceiling with bigger risk factors. DHB is a prime example of that. To early to call him a bust but he definitely shouldn't be listed when you're talking about good picks.

You'd like a bit more production out of your #7 overall, especially given how the guys are playing drafted after him.

The jury is still out on DHB I agree with you. But that doesn't change the fact that the Raiders have drafted pretty well in the last years despite the haters. I'm just glad that the Nation can now look forward to a good Raider team in the next few years with all the young talent we have.

I made a thread about this before - no one took it seriously though haha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121229511

lol

MikeHoncho636
11-02-2010, 08:02 AM
lol at you guys getting troll my silly niner fans. They have their own (worst) problems to worry about. Child please. Raiders are moving up, niners are going down. Deal with it, leave the thrad.

iamgenus
11-02-2010, 02:00 PM
lol at you guys getting troll my silly niner fans. They have their own (worst) problems to worry about. Child please. Raiders are moving up, niners are going down. Deal with it, leave the thrad.

There's so much fail in this post that it makes it quite funny.

Good job. I guess other teams' fans aren't allowed to comment on anything raider related?

btw...doesn't it suck that the Raiders lost to this ****ty niners team?

TheStack
11-02-2010, 02:21 PM

Good job. I guess other teams' fans aren't allowed to comment on anything raider related?

btw...doesn't it suck that the Raiders lost to this ****ty niners team without Dmac

fixed

JTrain306
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
fixed
in after excuses

Be_Easy_25
11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

btw...doesn't it suck that the Raiders lost to this ****ty niners team?

no, we just said it doesnt.

wtf

MikeHoncho636
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM

btw...doesn't it suck that the Raiders lost to this ****ty niners team? whats so funny about it? It sucks we lost, regardless who were playing. I was lol at the handicap football game I was watching. I lol on the fact that campbell was worst than ALEX SMITH, I was like lolwat. Im glad we lost and played so awful.. it was a wake up call for us and look how we are playing now. What have you done? In b4 DHB

no, we just said it doesnt.

wtf

this, they mad.

TheStack
11-03-2010, 06:43 AM
whats so funny about it? It sucks we lost, regardless who were playing. I was lol at the handicap football game I was watching. I lol on the fact that campbell was worst than ALEX SMITH, I was like lolwat. Im glad we lost and played so awful.. it was a wake up call for us and look how we are playing now. What have you done? In b4 DHB

this, they mad.

That game was awful. I'm glad the Raiders bounced back that way. (92 pts in 2 games, 1050 yards of offense)

TheStack
11-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Raiders are 5-4 now, 3 wins in a row