PDA

View Full Version : Extreme over eating guilt!

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Today after school I went to a Halloween party I downed 2 sodas at 160 calories per can, 4 small snickers at 70 calories per sneaker, and a big bag of chips each serving of chips was 170 calories and the whole bag had 8 servings!. I added te calories up and it was 1,960 calories, I ate 1,960 calories in the 2 hours I was their!!!. Should I beggin jogging till halloween or should I put my finger in my thraot and throw up!... Feels bad man :(

stacybb
10-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Aww dont feel so bad. Its ok to eat something thats bad every once in awhile. Just dont do it again for awhile. :)

Lufias
10-29-2010, 08:23 PM
70 calories per sneaker :(

im pretty sure sneakers arent that bad for you, its mainly rubber and some linens here in there. you should be fine

but seriously dude dont freak. a splurge aint' gonna kill you, especially since its a holiday involving candy. Just continue to workout tomorrow and run a little and youll be fine. no guilt man, no guilt

amplitude486
10-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Hey man don't sweat it. It's just one night, it happens to everyone once in a while. Trying to make yourself puke is a stupid idea unless you have a severe ED; just go do a tough workout tomorrow (maybe include cardio somewhere) and you'll be fine.

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Lol sneakers. I dident get what you were saying at first.

Damn but I feel bad, I allow myself to eat 2,000 calories a day and I basicly ate 2 days worth of calories in one day, I wouldn't mind that much if it was like tuna sandwiches or almonds, but it's abunch of empty calories. Dang I think I'm gonna have to eat lettuce for every meal this weekend :l

CrazyTall
10-29-2010, 08:28 PM
thats nothing. I ate over 5k calories today. I used to feel guilty then I realized it was pointless. Just start back up. It wont be the last time you'll mess up. Everyone does.

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanx guys

FunkymonkAW
10-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Get over it.

Flyin Ryan
10-29-2010, 08:30 PM

Damn but I feel bad, I allow myself to eat 2,000 calories a day and I basicly ate 2 days worth of calories in one day, I wouldn't mind that much if it was like tuna sandwiches or almonds, but it's abunch of empty calories. Dang I think I'm gonna have to eat lettuce for every meal this weekend :l

So you'd be content with yourself if you ate 2,000 extra calories of nothing but tuna and almonds?

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 08:33 PM
No but I would feel alot less bad if I new I atleast got some good macros out of the 2000 calories, instead of all the refined carbs and sugar and artificial sweetners, you ge were I'm going?

amplitude486
10-29-2010, 08:34 PM

On a related note, on New Year's Eve I ate my 2,500 calorie maintenance, then I went to a party. At that party I drank a six pack of dark beer, 3-4 shots of vodka mixed in with 2 regular Red Bulls (the regular, sugar-drenched ones) and ate some pizza and chips while there. Afterwards, we went to Shari's and I downed a 1,500 calorie platter consisting of mostly carbs and fat. Altogether that is well over 5,000 calories and I did not gain a single pound. Simply put, continue lifting hard and eating properly, and vow not to cheat like that for a good while. You'll be fine.

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Dang that's madness man

Flyin Ryan
10-29-2010, 08:40 PM
No but I would feel alot less bad if I new I atleast got some good macros out of the 2000 calories, instead of all the refined carbs and sugar and artificial sweetners, you ge were I'm going?

Not really.

You are aware that 2000 extra calories from tuna and almonds will equate to the same amount of weight gain as 2000 extra calories from junk, right?

Oscarizo
10-29-2010, 09:36 PM
I wouldent want to do none of these, but if I had an option of consuming 2000 calories from sugar and refined carbs or 2000 calories from protein, complex carbs or healthy fats, I think I would choose the second one, becouse my body would atleast use some of the macros for a good couse

Mr.Cooper69
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
My last cheat was upwards of 7000 calories. It was enjoyable. Why eat if you're gonna be guilty later? Do you lack that much control?

AlwaysTryin
10-30-2010, 01:12 AM
Not really.

You are aware that 2000 extra calories from tuna and almonds will equate to the same amount of weight gain as 2000 extra calories from junk, right?

Although the huge amount of glucose would be stored as TAGs in adipose tissue as it's not utilized, but in the end stored TAGs would have been catabolised during the day and it would even out mostly :)

Suave_Howss
10-30-2010, 02:37 AM
You should just set one day a week as a cheat day and have a certain amount of calories that you will allow yourself to splurge with.

Or just dont cheat at all :-) .... either way.... its not the end of the world.

BrettM7
10-30-2010, 02:39 AM
Looks like you just ate my post workout. hahah just kidding. thats a lot of candy man, i used to do that around halloween too, now I give the youngings who knock on my door water and protein powder.