PDA

View Full Version : Mayonnaise for Omega 3's instead of fish oils?

PuZo
10-29-2010, 06:04 AM
I was just looking at my Mayo and it says it has 1g of Omega 3s per 15ml spoon. If the recommend dose of Omega 3's is 2-3 grams, couldn't this be a good substitute? I KNOW it has alot more calories, but if your bulking, then it's all healthy fats?

crosswalkryan
10-29-2010, 07:07 AM
If its real mayo its made with eggs/vinnigar/oil. I hear light mayo uses starch or some synthetics instead of eggs so that would nullify the EFA's i guess....

desslok
10-29-2010, 08:01 AM
What kind is it? I know Spectrum makes some good ones with EVOO, etc. But does it actually have DHA level on the label?

Reformed90
10-29-2010, 08:30 AM
If you're bulking then I wouldn't see it being a problem

I don't know how good the conversion to DHA and EPA is though

Well use Flaxseed oil as an example, it have alot of omega-3s in it but it has a very poor conversion to DHA and EPA

Delaware2Philly
10-29-2010, 08:37 AM
I was just looking at my Mayo and it says it has 1g of Omega 3s per 15ml spoon. If the recommend dose of Omega 3's is 2-3 grams, couldn't this be a good substitute? I KNOW it has alot more calories, but if your bulking, then it's all healthy fats?

The Mayo I've seen also shows low Sat & Trans fat (which are bad, so this is good) and high Poly & Mono fat (good fat).. this w/ omega 3s etc. would make you think this isnt a bad type of food right?!

This has always confused me.

charlievanriper
10-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Thiers nothing wrong with Mayo as long as its organic ( all natural ) I use it during cutting as well as bulking. During dieting Pre training for energy, and sometimes mid w/o to get a calorie burst.
Bulking at night and mid day for extra clean claories.
No I do not think its a substitute Unless you keepyour EFA's low, I do 9 to 12 grams of both EPA, Fish oil, and Evening Primrose oil daily.

JeffStacker
10-29-2010, 09:02 AM
mayo on a hot dog????

charlievanriper
10-29-2010, 09:41 AM
mayo on a hot dog????

Mixed with Hot mustard Freaking delicious lol