PDA

View Full Version : Boise State in the National Championship game?

batman15
10-27-2010, 06:53 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1271594/cristiano-spit-o.gif

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
5* thread. would read again.

In fact I just did.

Gator1010
10-27-2010, 07:38 AM
5* thread. would read again.

In fact I just did.

fly4navy117
10-27-2010, 07:47 AM
brb in conference cupcakes
brb trick plays against La Tech
brb holding every play
brb starters in the 4th
brb playing on a Tuesday night
brb 7-6 against BCS opponents over the last 8 seasons
brb WAC conference is 33-123 against teams from BCS AQ conferences over the last 8 seasons

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 07:59 AM
brb holding every play
brb starters in the 4th
brb WAC conference is 33-123 against teams from BCS AQ conferences over the last 8 seasons

brb no valid points

KennyK
10-27-2010, 08:14 AM
brb trickery
brb preseason schedule until bowl season

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 08:18 AM
brb no valid points

How is the fact that Boise State plays in a poor small conference not a valid point?? Boise State plays 1 MAYBE 2 games a year verse "above average" teams.

How does this earn a team to play in the most elite game of NCAA college football? You cant just live your life being a big fish in a small pond, and expect to be given an invite to the National Championship every year.

LOL @ Boise State changing conference, then losing Utah to the Pac-10. LOL @ Boise never having a good strength of schedule.

Boise win like this for a few decades, grow your program, grow your school into a high level university with reasearch and then you will get an invite to a big boys conference.

wolk0449
10-27-2010, 08:19 AM
They got a lucky win in their first game..if they hadnt we wouldnt even be talking bout them now

HYDRAE
10-27-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't disagree that they could be the best team in football, however, if the NC game is decided by what you have done during the season, there is no way a sane person would put Boise State in above an undefeated BCS school. None.

Until the system changes to a playoff where lesser conference teams can prove their worth, they are going to be fuked out of the NC game because there will aways be more deserving teams.

Tes45
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM
I don't disagree that they could be the best team in football, however, if the NC game is decided by what you have done during the season, there is no way a sane person would put Boise State in above an undefeated BCS school. None.

Until the system changes to a playoff where lesser conference teams can prove their worth, they are going to be fuked out of the NC game because there will aways be more deserving teams.

There's no way a sane person would put Boise in above a 1 loss AQ team.

Wtf is the point of playing in a major football conference with a legitimate schedule you have to get up and prepare to be tested by every single saturday against the best competition in the land and winning your conference championship, possibly at the expense of dropping a game along the way when you could just join a joke of a conference, only play one or two decent teams a year, and make the national championship.

derekrogers1
10-27-2010, 08:42 AM
They got a lucky win in their first game..if they hadnt we wouldnt even be talking bout them now

absolutely, IMO with the way Virginia Tech is playing now that they would be Boise State.
But as for Boise State's hopes to play in the National Championship, i personally would like to see it but i dont think the BCS will move them up to 1 or 2

fly4navy117
10-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Let's just assume it wasn't Boise running the table, but one of the other WAC teams.

Fresno State 2010:

Sep. 4 Cincinnati
Sep. 18 at Utah State
Sep. 25 at Ole Miss
Oct. 2 Cal Poly
Oct. 9 Hawaii
Oct. 16 New Mexico St.
Oct. 23 at San Jose St.
Nov. 6 at Louisiana Tech
Nov. 13 Nevada
Nov. 19 at Boise State
Nov. 27 Idaho
Dec. 3 Illinois

Would an unbeaten Fresno State even make an at large BCS berth?

Tes45
10-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Let's just assume it wasn't Boise running the table, but one of the other WAC teams.

Fresno State 2010:

Sep. 4 Cincinnati
Sep. 18 at Utah State
Sep. 25 at Ole Miss
Oct. 2 Cal Poly
Oct. 9 Hawaii
Oct. 16 New Mexico St.
Oct. 23 at San Jose St.
Nov. 6 at Louisiana Tech
Nov. 13 Nevada
Nov. 19 at Boise State
Nov. 27 Idaho
Dec. 3 Illinois

Uh, yea. Not the NC obviously, but undefeated in the WAC with wins over Boise State and a Big East, SEC, and Big 10 team, they would get a BCS bid.

Hawaii, Boise, Utah, and TCU have proven that non-AQ teams can get respect and a bid from the BCS, they just aren't gonna get a spot in the NC game.

batman15
10-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Uh, yea. Not the NC obviously, but undefeated in the WAC with wins over Boise State and a Big East, SEC, and Big 10 team, they would get a BCS bid.

this.

stevedarsh
10-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Hawaii, Boise, Utah, and TCU have proven that non-AQ teams can get respect and a bid from the BCS, they just aren't gonna get a spot in the NC game.

Oh god, if it was Fresno State we would have to hear all year how Illinois, Ole Miss, and Cincinnati are signature wins? It's bad enough with Va Tech and OSU

Tes45
10-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh god, if it was Fresno State we would have to hear all year how Illinois, Ole Miss, and Cincinnati are signature wins? It's bad enough with Va Tech and OSU

No Fresno State would actually be awesome.

They'd be like Boise, Hawaii, etc the first time they ever made it to the BCS, just happy to be there. Not bitching nonstop about how they should be in the championship game instead.

I have no problem with non-AQ teams making a BCS bowl, I just don't think it's right to put a team that doesn't play in a legitimate conference in the NC game.

KennyK
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM

Fresno State 2010:

Sep. 4 Cincinnati
Sep. 18 at Utah State
Sep. 25 at Ole Miss
Oct. 2 Cal Poly
Oct. 9 Hawaii
Oct. 16 New Mexico St.
Oct. 23 at San Jose St.
Nov. 6 at Louisiana Tech
Nov. 13 Nevada
Nov. 19 at Boise State
Nov. 27 Idaho
Dec. 3 Illinois

and of course they have Fresno st at home. :/

KillerRabbity
10-27-2010, 09:56 AM
brb no valid points

those are all valid points.

it takes a special kind of retard to look fact in the face and go "nope"

you wouldnt happen to be highly religious would you?

SwagMorris
10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Put em in and let them prove it. There's no dominant teams this year in college football neway. This year would be the perfect year for a 8-16 team playoff, but there's not. Put Boise in and show what they're really made of. Do I think they'd get blown out if they played Bame? Yup. Do I think there's a chance they could win on a good day? Yup. Suck it

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:23 AM
brb no valid points

are you fukkin retarded?

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Put em in and let them prove it. There's no dominant teams this year in college football neway. This year would be the perfect year for a 8-16 team playoff, but there's not. Put Boise in and show what they're really made of. Do I think they'd get blown out if they played Bame? Yup. Do I think there's a chance they could win on a good day? Yup. Suck it

No.

You don't give a kid a cookie just because he threatens to b!tch and moan about it until you do. You don't give in to "if you really want to shut me up give me my chance" arguments. Earn your spot. And no...playing 2-3 ranked teams a year while only one of them actually finishes ranked is not earning sh!t.

batman15
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Boise has yet to schedule/beat an SEC team since us and Georgia beat dat ass.

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 10:27 AM

Pretty sure everyone has admited that Boise State can play a good game against anyone on any given Saturday.

Thats not the point though. Invitations to National Championships are earned through week in week out regular season battles against Top-25 teams. Boise State will never rightfully earn a NC bid by playing 1 or 2 decent teams a year.

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 10:29 AM
those are all valid points.

it takes a special kind of retard to look fact in the face and go "nope"

you wouldnt happen to be highly religious would you?

Fact:

56-4 last 5 years

2-0 in BCS bowl games

come at me

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:30 AM

lol @ 8 seasons ago having anything to do with now

2010: beat #10 Virginia Tech, beat #24 Oregon State
2009: beat #14 Oregon, beat #3 TCU
2008: beat #12 Oregon, lost to #11 TCU by 1
2007: lost to #13 Hawaii, lost to Washington
2006: beat #10 Oklahoma, beat Oregon State, beat Utah

that's 8-3 in the past 5 seasons if you count Utah/TCU, and 6-2 versus ranked teams in that span

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Fact:

56-4 last 5 years

2-0 in BCS bowl games

come at me

Count how many Top-25 teams Boise State has beaten in 5 years.

Count how many Top-25 teams Florida Gators have beaten in 5 years.

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:33 AM

this... they deserve a shot over a 1-loss power conference team...if you wanted to play for a NC, win all your games. It's not like Boise could've decided to jump to the big-10 in august for this season, so they are working with what they can and doing what they need to do.

but win or lose, alot of questions would be answered in the NC game that way.... keep in mind just this past season not alot of people would've guessed Butler would play for a NC and take Duke to the end of the game that tight either

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Count how many Top-25 teams Boise State has beaten in 5 years.

Count how many Top-25 teams Florida Gators have beaten in 5 years.

Boise wins versus top 25 since 2008: 5. 2 this year, 2 last year, 1 in 2008
Florida """ : 8. 0 this year, 2 last year, 6 in 2008

so over the past 2 seasons Boise has beaten twice as many top 25 teams as Florida.

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Fact:

56-4 last 5 years

2-0 in BCS bowl games

come at me

University of Florida Gator Football has (19) Top-25 victories the past 5 years.

How many does Boise Have? 5

GTFO Boise State.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Fact:

56-4 last 5 years

How many of those teams were ranked top 25 end of season

2-0 in BCS bowl games

And? I was under the impression this is 2010. So who gives a fukk about past performances.

They also lost to Hawaii, East Carolina, TCU, and Washington. ****ing 4-9 Washington. Can we also include these facts when considering past performances?

come at me

Just did b!tch. Sh!t's weak.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Boise wins versus top 25 since 2008: 5. 2 this year, 2 last year, 1 in 2008
Florida """ : 8. 0 this year, 2 last year, 6 in 2008

so over the past 2 seasons Boise has beaten twice as many top 25 teams as Florida.

And over the last 3 UF has obviously beaten more?

WTF was the goal of that post?

Jesus Christ the Boise State nuthuggers are fukkin morons

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM
How many of those teams were ranked top 25 end of season

And? I was under the impression this is 2010. So who gives a fukk about past performances.

They also lost to Hawaii, East Carolina, TCU, and Washington. ****ing 4-9 Washington. Can we also include these facts when considering past performances?

Just did b!tch. Sh!t's weak.

Funny, that same year ALABAMA lost to Louisiana-Monroe....LOL

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:48 AM
And over the last 3 UF has obviously beaten more?

WTF was the goal of that post?

Jesus Christ the Boise State nuthuggers are fukkin morons

answering the guy who asked genius... brb arguing 10 years ago is as relevant as 5 years ago

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Funny, that same year ALABAMA lost to Louisiana-Monroe....LOL

You are LOL'ing at Alabama, one of the greatest College Football programs of all time?

Anybody who thinks Boise State is a Top 5 team just doesn't understand football, and thats fine I understand not everyone can be smart.

Some people just root for the "cute lil boise state cinderella story".

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
You are LOL'ing at Alabama, one of the greatest College Football programs of all time?

Anybody who thinks Boise State is a Top 5 team just doesn't understand football, and thats fine I understand not everyone can be smart.

Some people just root for the "cute lil boise state cinderella story".

what does that have anything to do with 2007 season

so I guess that what you go to when you have no valid comeback

stevedarsh
10-27-2010, 10:54 AM
im struggling to figure out why victories that occured 2007, 2008, and 2009 keep being brought up. what exactly do they have to do with 2010??

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
im struggling to figure out why victories that occured 2007, 2008, and 2009 keep being brought up. what exactly do they have to do with 2010??

go to the first page

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
answering the guy who asked genius... brb arguing 10 years ago is as relevant as 5 years ago

brb not giving a fukk about stupid past stats because the BCS doesn't care who you beat 2, 3, 4 or even 10 years ago

some genius

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:56 AM
brb not giving a fukk about stupid past stats because the BCS doesn't care who you beat 2, 3, 4 or even 10 years ago

some genius

says the guy who keeps bringing up past SEC seasons and past Florida seasons

Calhexas

will you morons make up your damn minds.

either the past matters or it doesn't.

wtf is it?

LiftHeavy85

some genius

brb your whole argument is about paying dues then going to the past to prove a point.

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Typicall Boise fan. Pick out one tiny bit of anecdotal evedence and claim it's the fuking Gospel.

Boise plays a bunch of nobodys. Playing nobodys doesn't earn you a NC.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 10:57 AM
says the guy who keeps bringing up past SEC seasons and past Florida seasons

says yet another nuthugger defending Boise State with past accomplishments (all the while ignoring their past failures as well)

Either the past matters or it doesn't. If you phags keep bringing up the Oklahoma game, then the past is open for discussion. When we finally dig up the past, you try to act like it isn't.

FFS make up your minds

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 10:58 AM
will you morons make up your damn minds.

either the past matters or it doesn't.

wtf is it?

you retarded? He made some arbitrary comment about alabama being the best football program ever which has nothing to do with what I said.

You brought up boise losing to washington who was 4-9 which is the same year ALABAMA lost to Louisiana-Monroe

stevedarsh
also...why the hell are people citing #10 Va Tech and #25 OSU as their actual ranking? Accurate rankings are determined at the end of the year, not their ranking when you played them. No one would call Va Tech top 10 anymore. This thread has my mind full of f*ck. If we are going to put arbitrarily BSU put in a bowl game based on their win over oklahoma, we need to factor the loss to georgia in equally. Since they got blown out against Georgia, I am arbitrarily deciding that they belong in the San Diego County Credit Union Bowl. Have a fun trip!

Calhexas
brb your whole argument is about paying dues then going to the past to prove a point.

Well Boise State's whole argument exists in 2007. Soooo.....

what's it gonna be?

BPP
10-27-2010, 10:59 AM
says yet another nuthugger defending Boise State with past accomplishments (all the while ignoring their past failures as well)

Either the past matters or it doesn't. If you phags keep bringing up the Oklahoma game, then the past is open for discussion. When we finally dig up the past, you try to act like it isn't.

FFS make up your minds

still waiting for the guy making fun of others' intelligence to answer the question of when exactly Texas joined the SEC...

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
you retarded? He made some arbitrary comment about alabama being the best football program ever which has nothing to do with what I said.

If we're discussing the past, then I would imagine a school's history is relevant.

You brought up the ULM game, and thought that digging up one piece of Alabama's past. Yes they lost in 2007 to ULM. They also won a national championship last year.

Gotta any other great arguments chief?

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Well Boise State's whole argument exists in 2007. Soooo.....

what's it gonna be?

Boise State's argument: finishing the season as an unbeaten with no more than 1 other

If Oregon, Auburn and Oklahoma go undefeated, two of them deserve to play
if Boise and only 1 other goes undefeated, Boise deserves to play

if power conference schools dont like getting left out because of 1 loss, don't lose or institute a playoff

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
still waiting for the guy making fun of others' intelligence to answer the question of when exactly Texas joined the SEC...

Typo.

When was the last time someone from the MWC won/earned anything?

How many NCs do you have?

How many Heismans do you have?

How many NFL players do you have?

How many coaches go from BCS conference to MWC?

How many 50,000 seat stadiums do you have?

How many records do you have?

How many Top 25 wins do you have?

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
You brought up boise losing to washington who was 4-9 which is the same year ALABAMA lost to Louisiana-Monroe

The difference is, nobody's arguing for Alabama to be in the NC based on what they did in 2007. And nobody's denying the loss either.

Smurfs like to say "all they do is win." No jackasses. You fukkin lost to 4-9 Washington and 3 other schools during that period you were supposedly doing "nothing but winning."

DoubtErased
10-27-2010, 11:04 AM
also...why the hell are people citing #10 Va Tech and #25 OSU as their actual ranking? Accurate rankings are determined at the end of the year, not their ranking when you played them. No one would call Va Tech top 10 anymore. This thread has my mind full of f*ck. If we are going to put arbitrarily BSU put in a bowl game based on their win over oklahoma, we need to factor the loss to georgia in equally. Since they got blown out against Georgia, I am arbitrarily deciding that they belong in the San Diego County Credit Union Bowl. Have a fun trip!

I thought that was Hawaii?

Calhexas
Boise State's argument: finishing the season as an unbeaten with no more than 1 other

if power conference schools dont like getting left out because of 1 loss, don't lose or institute a playoff

BRB Bama moving to Conference USA and scheduling 2 decent programs a year to make it to the NC every season until the end of time.

Worst...logic...ever

Not all opponents are created equal, and not every schedule will be given the same amount of respect as another's.

BPP
Typo.

When was the last time someone from the MWC won/earned anything?

How many NCs do you have?

How many Heismans do you have?

How many NFL players do you have?

How many coaches go from BCS conference to MWC?

How many 50,000 seat stadiums do you have?

How many records do you have?

How many Top 25 wins do you have?

lol @ "you". I don't play/work for Boise, I'm not from Idaho, and they're not my favorite team. I just like them and think they've earned a shot if they're one of only 1/2 undefeateds at the end of the season

and does this formula only apply to football? because if it goes for basketball too, then you'd better tell Butler, George Mason, etc to stop beating so many "good ol boy" schools in the tournament since they obviously shouldn't be

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:05 AM

it was.

stevedarsh
10-27-2010, 11:07 AM

September 3, 2005
Georgia 48, Boise State 13

It was supposed to be one of the most intriguing match-ups of the opening weekend of college football--two top 20 programs, squaring off. Boise State had a lot of momentum and buzz based on their bowl game showing last year and were heaviliy talked about for their wide-open offense. Meanwhile, Georgia had questions on both sides of the ball as to how to replace the senior leadership lost last year.

Someone must have forgot to mixed up the scripts for this one. Georgia looked like the world beaters on all sides of the ball Saturday afternoon while Boise State looked confuse and bewildered by the relentless attack of the Bulldogs. Georgia won the first game of the 2005 season in convincing fashion, 48-13.

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:09 AM
September 3, 2005
Georgia 48, Boise State 13

It was supposed to be one of the most intriguing match-ups of the opening weekend of college football--two top 20 programs, squaring off. Boise State had a lot of momentum and buzz based on their bowl game showing last year and were heaviliy talked about for their wide-open offense. Meanwhile, Georgia had questions on both sides of the ball as to how to replace the senior leadership lost last year.

Someone must have forgot to mixed up the scripts for this one. Georgia looked like the world beaters on all sides of the ball Saturday afternoon while Boise State looked confuse and bewildered by the relentless attack of the Bulldogs. Georgia won the first game of the 2005 season in convincing fashion, 48-13.

they had alot of buzz after losing to Louisville in the Liberty Bowl in 2004? not sure if srs

stevedarsh
10-27-2010, 11:10 AM
they had alot of buzz after losing to Louisville in the Liberty Bowl in 2004? not sure if srs

i didn't write the article. but if 2007 is relevant, so is 2005 in my book.

SwagMorris
10-27-2010, 11:12 AM
No.

You don't give a kid a cookie just because he threatens to b!tch and moan about it until you do. You don't give in to "if you really want to shut me up give me my chance" arguments. Earn your spot. And no...playing 2-3 ranked teams a year while only one of them actually finishes ranked is not earning sh!t.

Pretty sure everyone has admited that Boise State can play a good game against anyone on any given Saturday.

Thats not the point though. Invitations to National Championships are earned through week in week out regular season battles against Top-25 teams. Boise State will never rightfully earn a NC bid by playing 1 or 2 decent teams a year.

I already said "suck it". You need not respond.

hawkrock60
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
absolutely, IMO with the way Virginia Tech is playing now that they would be Boise State.Is what many analysts said about Oregon last year. Too bad. They got beat.

Herbie was saying this week that he'd put BSU against any team in the nation. Until there's a playoff, it just comes down to personal opinion, and that gets proven wrong in 50% of games every weekend.

If you don't like it, you should wish for a playoff. Love the BCS when it rewards SEC schools, love it when it doesn't go your way too.

LiftHeavy85
10-27-2010, 11:15 AM
they also went 9-4 that year with a different head coach

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:22 AM

yeah I know, was more of a reply to the author than you

Is what many analysts said about Oregon last year. Too bad. They got beat.

Herbie was saying this week that he'd put BSU against any team in the nation. Until there's a playoff, it just comes down to personal opinion, and that gets proven wrong in 50% of games every weekend.

If you don't like it, you should wish for a playoff. Love the BCS when it rewards SEC schools, love it when it doesn't go your way too.

this

skippy
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM
lol at all the Boise State hate.

Partisans and shills are the worst kinds of fans. One who cannot look at a team objectively and respect their ability and accomplishments given what they are and what conference they are in is small minded at best and ignorant at worst.

They probably kick their TV every time Rocky comes on. After all, somebody who fights the likes of Spider Rico certainly doesn't deserve a shot at the title.

Oh, but then there is Rocky II. It was bad enough that Rocky got a shot... but then he went toe to toe with the champ and, get this, BEAT HIM in a rematch. I'm sure Creed didn't get up for that fight, though. It's hard to get motivated when you are playing a second tier team, err, fighter.

Complain to the judges who are voting Boise State #2. Your beef is with them, not a handful of members on some message board engaging in a "My team is better than your team because..." discussion.

It is laughable! You can see the rage oozing out, resorting to ad hominem attacks because Boise State is even in the MNC conversation. They look for any and all reasons to put them down, marginalize them, discount their accomplishments.

Face it. To the shills and partisans there is nothing a non-AQ team can do to get into the MNC. Nothing. Even if every team from the AQ conferences lost 4+ games, a non-AQ wouldn't deserve it because they didn't play the same tough schedule.

So it is pointless to get into a discussion with them.

leafs43
10-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I think people are scared to get Boise in the NC game against their team.

With a month preparation anything can happen in that game.

And if Boise ends up winning that game the loser will be known as the school that allowed Boise to take home the trophy.

And even if Boise wins, every other team that is the top 10 will be all, "We can beat Boise, they suck blah blah blah."

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
I think people are scared to get Boise in the NC game against their team.

With a month preparation anything can happen in that game.

And if Boise ends up winning that game the loser will be known as the school that allowed Boise to take home the trophy.

And even if Boise wins, every other team that is the top 10 will be all, "We can beat Boise, they suck blah blah blah."

this. if they're not scared of Boise, then the should WANT BSU to play their team in the title game, since they see it as an "easy" title for them. It's a down year for alot of teams, and if BSU is one of only two unbeatens left, why not put an end to all this debate and play it out on the field instead of through 5 year old stats and insults

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 11:43 AM
this. if they're not scared of Boise, then the should WANT BSU to play their team in the title game, since they see it as an "easy" title for them. It's a down year for alot of teams, and if BSU is one of only two unbeatens left, why not put an end to all this debate and play it out on the field instead of through 5 year old stats and insults

For the last time, you don't give a kid a cookie just because he threatens to b!tch and moan about it until he gets one.

You tell the kid to stfu, do his chores, make good grades, and earn the cookie.

HYDRAE
10-27-2010, 11:45 AM

LOLwut?

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
LOLwut?

my bad :D

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
For the last time, you don't give a kid a cookie just because he threatens to b!tch and moan about it until he gets one.

You tell the kid to stfu, do his chores, make good grades, and earn the cookie.

they could schedule Auburn, Florida and Oklahoma as their OOC games every year and it wouldn't be enough for you, since their conference is so weak... you'd still put the 1-loss Bama team they beat opening week ahead of them for the title game since obviously Bama wasn't fully prepared in week 1 and looked past BSU

BrettT07
10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
There's no way a sane person would put Boise in above a 1 loss AQ team.

Wtf is the point of playing in a major football conference with a legitimate schedule you have to get up and prepare to be tested by every single saturday against the best competition in the land and winning your conference championship, possibly at the expense of dropping a game along the way when you could just join a joke of a conference, only play one or two decent teams a year, and make the national championship.

Exactly... *If* we win out from here, and a few teams drop a game, leaving Bama and Boise State between that number 2 spot for the NC... I would never want to play a legit opponent again.

(well not really.. I like having really good games, but it would really piss me off knowing these good games are only hurting and not helping in any form)

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
they could schedule Auburn, Florida and Oklahoma as their OOC games every year and it wouldn't be enough for you, since their conference is so weak... you'd still put the 1-loss Bama team they beat opening week ahead of them for the title game since obviously Bama wasn't fully prepared in week 1 and looked past BSU

Actually if they were able to schedule Auburn/UF/Oklahoma and had at least one other IC game that was a ranked opponent at the END of the season...I'd say they would've ran a pretty good gauntlet. That's a schedule worth respecting. Not Virginia Tech, Oregon State, and fukking Wyoming. Not when your only ranked IC competition is Nevada...and barely ranked at that.

But they didn't schedule any of those teams. And while UF sucks this year, so does Oregon State. Auburn and Oklahoma would likely facerape VT...and lettuce be reality...they'd probably facerape Boise State too. At least Auburn anyways.

KennyK
10-27-2010, 11:55 AM
LOLwut?

lawl

good catch

leafs43
10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Actually if they were able to schedule Auburn/UF/Oklahoma and had at least one other IC game that was a ranked opponent at the END of the season...I'd say they would've ran a pretty good gauntlet. That's a schedule worth respecting. Not Virginia Tech, Oregon State, and fukking Wyoming. Not when your only ranked IC competition is Nevada...and barely ranked at that.

But they didn't schedule any of those teams. And while UF sucks this year, so does Oregon State. Auburn and Oklahoma would likely facerape VT...and lettuce be reality...they'd probably facerape Boise State too. At least Auburn anyways.

In before VT wins the ACC and goes to a BCS bowl against a 1 loss Auburn team and beats them.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM
In before VT wins the ACC and goes to a BCS bowl against a 1 loss Auburn team and beats them.

We gonna be waiting a few years then brah. At least.

BPP
10-27-2010, 11:58 AM

the VA Tech game was scheduled in the summer of 2009. Va Tech had a preseason ranking of 9 for 2009, and were coming off of a 10-4 2008 season with a top 15 ranking and an Orange Bowl victory. When it was scheduled, it was a much more significant game than it looks after va tech lost to james madison this year. Not BSU's fault Va Tech went downhill since then.... same as if they scheduled Alabama for 2014 right now, and bama took a downturn

if the Oregon State game was scheduled around the same time, they were coming off a 2008 top-25 season where 3 of 4 loses were to ranked teams and one at Standford while finishing the season with a bowl victory; while being a pre-season top 25 for 2009

leafs43
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
We gonna be waiting a few years then brah. At least.

VT if they win out may end up being a top 10 team.

Especially with the parity in scores they are putting up.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 12:00 PM
the VA Tech game was scheduled in the summer of 2009. Va Tech had a preseason ranking of 9 for 2009, and were coming off of a 10-4 2008 season with a top 15 ranking and an Orange Bowl victory. When it was scheduled, it was a much more significant game than it looks after va tech lost to james madison this year. Not BSU's fault Va Tech went downhill since then.... same as if they scheduled Alabama for 2014 right now, and bama took a downturn

This is perhaps the only thing I'll agree with you on ITT.

Schedules made in advance don't always pan out the way you want.

Look at Clemson in 2008 and Virginia Tech last year. Didn't work out as well as Bama had hoped...but their IC schedule was strong enough to get them into good games in the post season...including the NC last year.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 12:01 PM
VT if they win out may end up being a top 10 team.

Especially with the parity in scores they are putting up.

They may. But they have some decent games ahead of them.

Is 1-2 ranked teams really that impressive though?

leafs43
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Doesn't matter.

ACC champ is an automatic qualifier to the BCS system.

BPP
10-27-2010, 12:06 PM
This is perhaps the only thing I'll agree with you on ITT.

Schedules made in advance don't always pan out the way you want.

Look at Clemson in 2008 and Virginia Tech last year. Didn't work out as well as Bama had hoped...but their IC schedule was strong enough to get them into good games in the post season...including the NC last year.

if BSU moves to the MWC their SOS will improve, although it's still not an SEC schedule...I did see one article that pointed out they could joint and potentially save/strenghten the Big-12 after their losses...which would be a good move as well...but either way they're stuck with their conference games this year whether they liked it or not, and at the time they made the schedule TRIED to make a strong OOC schedule that included a top-10 BCS team to open the season basically on the road. I've agreed their schedule is easier than alabama's, but theyre also doing all they can with what theyve got to work with

if Nevada is ranked they'd have 3...which is more than Nebraska can say this year ;)

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 12:08 PM
lol @ "you". I don't play/work for Boise, I'm not from Idaho, and they're not my favorite team. I just like them and think they've earned a shot if they're one of only 1/2 undefeateds at the end of the season

and does this formula only apply to football? because if it goes for basketball too, then you'd better tell Butler, George Mason, etc to stop beating so many "good ol boy" schools in the tournament since they obviously shouldn't be

Fair enough. But at least in BBall, there is a 64 game tourney to decide whos the best.

In football, Boise can skate through the regular season and into a NC without doing much of anything to earn it.

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 12:11 PM
lol at all the Boise State hate.

Partisans and shills are the worst kinds of fans. One who cannot look at a team objectively and respect their ability and accomplishments given what they are and what conference they are in is small minded at best and ignorant at worst.

They probably kick their TV every time Rocky comes on. After all, somebody who fights the likes of Spider Rico certainly doesn't deserve a shot at the title.

Oh, but then there is Rocky II. It was bad enough that Rocky got a shot... but then he went toe to toe with the champ and, get this, BEAT HIM in a rematch. I'm sure Creed didn't get up for that fight, though. It's hard to get motivated when you are playing a second tier team, err, fighter.

Complain to the judges who are voting Boise State #2. Your beef is with them, not a handful of members on some message board engaging in a "My team is better than your team because..." discussion.

It is laughable! You can see the rage oozing out, resorting to ad hominem attacks because Boise State is even in the MNC conversation. They look for any and all reasons to put them down, marginalize them, discount their accomplishments.

Face it. To the shills and partisans there is nothing a non-AQ team can do to get into the MNC. Nothing. Even if every team from the AQ conferences lost 4+ games, a non-AQ wouldn't deserve it because they didn't play the same tough schedule.
So it is pointless to get into a discussion with them.

Yes. But were not talking about 4 loss teams. Were talking about undefeated or 1 loss teams being chosen over Boise State.

And nobody is saying that Boise State cant be competative in any given game, people are saying that going undefeated in the WAC doesn't get you a NC bid.

BPP
10-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Fair enough. But at least in BBall, there is a 64 game tourney to decide whos the best.

In football, Boise can skate through the regular season and into a NC without doing much of anything to earn it.

all the more reason they need a playoff system... it gives teams like BSU, TCU, Utah, etc a chance to prove it on the field while not rewarding their soft conference play with a spot over a 1-loss Bama.... I think you can safely say even with an 8-team playoff that every team deserving a chance at the NC game gets one...at the very least moreso than the current system allows

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
if BSU moves to the MWC their SOS will improve, although it's still not an SEC schedule...I did see one article that pointed out they could joint and potentially save/strenghten the Big-12 after their losses...which would be a good move as well...but either way they're stuck with their conference games this year whether they liked it or not, and at the time they made the schedule TRIED to make a strong OOC schedule that included a top-10 BCS team to open the season basically on the road. I've agreed their schedule is easier than alabama's, but theyre also doing all they can with what theyve got to work with

if Nevada is ranked they'd have 3...which is more than Nebraska can say this year ;)

1) Odds are Nevada wont stay ranked.

2) Playing unranked teams in the Big-12 is still 5x more difficult than playing unranked teams in the WAC or MWC.

BPP
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/09/22/1350070/the-case-for-boise-state-at-no.html

I like this guy :D

BPP
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
2) Playing unranked teams in the Big-12 is still 5x more difficult than playing unranked teams in the WAC or MWC.

o'rly?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/index.html

stevedarsh
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
all the more reason they need a playoff system... it gives teams like BSU, TCU, Utah, etc a chance to prove it on the field while not rewarding their soft conference play with a spot over a 1-loss Bama.... I think you can safely say even with an 8-team playoff that every team deserving a chance at the NC game gets one...at the very least moreso than the current system allows

this is the one thing i agree with; we NEED a playoff and theres no good argument against it. Also, Boise and TCU deserve a spot in the playoff, I just dont agree their resume shows them to be deserving to be in the top 2.

209vaughn
10-27-2010, 12:26 PM
o'rly?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/index.html

Bwhahahaha. Even during a down year for the Big-12 and an up year for the WAC, Nebraska's opponents rank on average 20 spots higher than Boise State.

CollegeBCS.com ratings in parentheses.
Nebraska Boise State
W. Kentucky (116) Va. Tech (35)
Idaho (86) Wyoming (85)
Washington (75) Oregon St. (36)
S. Dakota State (N/A) New Mexico St. (117)
Kansas St. (26) Toledo (48)
Texas (15) San Jose St. (89)
Oklahoma St. (25) La. Tech (98)
Missouri (21) Hawaii (73)
Iowa St. (55) Idaho (86)
Kansas (72) Fresno St. (49)
Texas A&M (34) Nevada (24)
Colorado (50) Utah St. (105)
Average rating: 58* Average ranking: 70.4

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/index.html#ixzz13aZwUNHX

mtomjr14
10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
brb holding every play
brb starters in the 4th

wait, i thought we were talking about boise?

not bama ;)

tyqb4
10-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Bwhahahaha. Even during a down year for the Big-12 and an up year for the WAC, Nebraska's opponents rank on average 20 spots higher than Boise State.

CollegeBCS.com ratings in parentheses.
Nebraska Boise State
W. Kentucky (116) Va. Tech (35)
Idaho (86) Wyoming (85)
Washington (75) Oregon St. (36)
S. Dakota State (N/A) New Mexico St. (117)
Kansas St. (26) Toledo (48)
Texas (15) San Jose St. (89)
Oklahoma St. (25) La. Tech (98)
Missouri (21) Hawaii (73)
Iowa St. (55) Idaho (86)
Kansas (72) Fresno St. (49)
Texas A&M (34) Nevada (24)
Colorado (50) Utah St. (105)
Average rating: 58* Average ranking: 70.4

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/09/30/boise-state-nebraska-schedules/index.html#ixzz13aZwUNHX
12 = 20. alright then. california education strikes again. inb4 retardstrength neg...again.

not bama ;)

lettuce be reality, every team holds on every play and thinking otherwise is just naive

thefullmonte
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Even during a down year for the Big-12 and an up year for the WAC, Nebraska's opponents rank on average 20 spots higher than Boise State

This. Though I dont think its really all THAT big of a down year for the B12.

You have undefeated, top 10 Mizzou, a one loss OSU and Baylor is actually ranked. I mean...KSU, KU and ISU are bad...but aren't they always?

Texas is down...but OU is still good.

It might be just a "little" bit down unless one of those teams somehow ends up as a legit top 6-8 team

HYDRAE
10-27-2010, 12:55 PM
o'rly?

that article also speculates about whether Nebraska will have to play a ranked team all year. With #7 visiting Saturday, and winning @ #14 last week, I think its safe to say those numbers are a bit out of date. Got the rankings not based off pre-season expectations?

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Doesn't matter.

ACC champ is an automatic qualifier to the BCS system.

Was referring to Boise State.

Calhexas
10-27-2010, 03:18 PM

not bama ;)

u mad we are the best holders in CFB?

mtomjr14
10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
u mad we are the best holders in CFB?

yes mad.